Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto/Mayweather May 5th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Allmenjoi8
Would anyone be interested in seeing Floyd and Cotto Cotto does look strong and he could give May some fits. If the Pac fight does not fall through this could be a match up that generates interest
Hittman25
Fuck Ya Miguel cotto vs floyd Maywheather should have happened at 140 but 154 would be better fight for both guys.....floyd would win but i could see miguel getting his in just like he did vs pac
PColeman28
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:47 PM) *
Fuck Ya Miguel cotto vs floyd Maywheather should have happened at 140 but 154 would be better fight for both guys.....floyd would win but i could see miguel getting his in just like he did vs pac

I agree.....I would watch this fight, it would be entertaining.....
mrchitown
Even though it would be long over-due, i'd definitely like to see this fight. It would be competitive for a few rounds before Mayweather systematically breaks Cotto down
mrwigi
It wuld be a good fight to watch, but if I'm not mistaken. Mr. Arum is also cotto's promoter. So sadly it won't happen.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Dec 4 2011, 06:20 PM) *
It wuld be a good fight to watch, but if I'm not mistaken. Mr. Arum is also cotto's promoter. So sadly it won't happen.

Maybe not for long. Contract is up... If he was smart then he won't resign.
dhoward126
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Dec 4 2011, 08:02 PM) *
Maybe not for long. Contract is up... If he was smart then he won't resign.

From what I have gathered, Golden Boy may be making a big move for Cotto should he not sign with Arum. Stay tuned.
thefloatingmonkey
This would be way one-sided with Mayweather taking every round. If this was going to happen, it should have happened several years back.
Seek
Yes pls make this fight! At 147 tho miguel or floyd is not good at 154. 147 with 8oz gloves! Thats a great fight.
Seek
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Dec 4 2011, 08:08 PM) *
From what I have gathered, Golden Boy may be making a big move for Cotto should he not sign with Arum. Stay tuned.

Arum wants to make Cotto Chavez at 160 happen which will give miguel a chance to be champ in 4 weight classes. Bad fight for Cotto. He should sign with golden boy and fight floyd at 147 or maybe even canelo at 154
Cshel86
From what I understand, Cotto cant make 147 anyway, so we can scratch that. Floyd would surely move up to 54 for this one...for monetary reasons of course. It would actually be beneficial...more beneficial than a Martinez fight.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 09:19 PM) *
From what I understand, Cotto cant make 147 anyway, so we can scratch that. Floyd would surely move up to 54 for this one...for monetary reasons of course. It would actually be beneficial...more beneficial than a Martinez fight.

Would he get street cred and props for beating Cotto or will people say that he is fighting Manny's left overs?
dhoward126
Cotto may not want that fight though with Chavez, which is why Cotto isn't too happy with Top Rank. Honestly, Cotto didn't want to make this fight with Margarito one bit but Top Rank gave him no choice and Cotto is no fool, he's up on the business of boxing and he's assessing his options. Pillar to Post is going to be about Cotto's options from here on out and why GBP is the better choice for him, so I won't go too much into it, but Cotto leaving Top Rank is a possibility.

Seek
Cotto can easily make 147 still. While campaigning at ww he would come in at 146. Never has he mentioned having problems making weight at 147. And about the whole leftovers situation....he'd simply say cotto has recovered and came back stronger winning another belt defending it twice and avenging his first career loss. The fight does over a mil ppv buys easy.
Seek
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Dec 4 2011, 09:52 PM) *
Cotto may not want that fight though with Chavez, which is why Cotto isn't too happy with Top Rank. Honestly, Cotto didn't want to make this fight with Margarito one bit but Top Rank gave him no choice and Cotto is no fool, he's up on the business of boxing and he's assessing his options. Pillar to Post is going to be about Cotto's options from here on out and why GBP is the better choice for him, so I won't go too much into it, but Cotto leaving Top Rank is a possibility.

If cotto doesnt get the floyd fight. The obvious choice is chavez jr. Big money and will give him the chance to become the first puerto rican to become world champ in 4 weight classes i believe.

Also arum expressed interest of the fight being at a catch weight and in new york at the MSG. The only thing stopping this fight is floyd-cotto or chavez jr.being stripped for not facing martinez, which sulaiman has been saying but not following through. More than likely will not be stripped and cotto chavez is much bigger than cotto canelo plus too big a risk for gbp to let canelo in there with cotto.
dhoward126
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 4 2011, 10:00 PM) *
If cotto doesnt get the floyd fight. The obvious choice is chavez jr. Big money and will give him the chance to become the first puerto rican to become world champ in 4 weight classes i believe.

Also arum expressed interest of the fight being at a catch weight and in new york at the MSG. The only thing stopping this fight is floyd-cotto or chavez jr.being stripped for not facing martinez, which sulaiman has been saying but not following through. More than likely will not be stripped and cotto chavez is much bigger than cotto canelo plus too big a risk for gbp to let canelo in there with cotto.

No, it's not the obvious choice and Chavez will get stripped because Arum and Suliman are calling each other assholes because of the Pac-Marquez fight.
Seek
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Dec 4 2011, 11:06 PM) *
No, it's not the obvious choice and Chavez will get stripped because Arum and Suliman are calling each other assholes because of the Pac-Marquez fight.

In terms of what Cotto should do. It is the obvious choice. Id rather it not happen and see him give Bob the finger but its biggest fight for him other than mayweather.

And trust me. Chavez jr is MEXICAN. He is not getting stripped!
Allmenjoi8
If not Cotto Mayweather than Cotto vs. Berto/Ortiz winner or Cotto vs. Khan!
streetlion1
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 4 2011, 09:48 PM) *
If not Cotto Mayweather than Cotto vs. Berto/Ortiz winner or Cotto vs. Khan!

Cotto vs Mayweather is the fight to see!! Stylistically Cotto would give Mayweather a much better fight than Pacquiao would in my opinion. Cotto would destoy Khan...Cotto vs Ortiz or Berto would be interesting.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 4 2011, 09:53 PM) *
Cotto can easily make 147 still

He just said it yesterday, that 147 wasn't a good weight for him anymore. Guess I was the only one that caught that.

QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 4 2011, 10:00 PM) *

Doesn't anybody believe that Chavez Jr. is too big for Cotto? I mean damn, the dude is 6 ft somethin' and he rehydrates to 180 lbs. What in the hell is Cotto going to do with that? Cotto doesn't even that much power at 54, so having wear and tear in the ring, moving up one more weight class (with the possibility of losing a bit of power), and trying to beat up a 180 lb guy just doesn't make sense to me. If they are doing it for money, then I can understand, but I cant really give Cotto too much of a chance in that one.
streetlion1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 10:41 PM) *
He just said it yesterday, that 147 wasn't a good weight for him anymore. Guess I was the only one that caught that.

Doesn't anybody believe that Chavez Jr. is too big for Cotto? I mean damn, the dude is 6 ft somethin' and he rehydrates to 180 lbs. What in the hell is Cotto going to do with that? Cotto doesn't even that much power at 54, so having wear and tear in the ring, moving up one more weight class (with the possibility of losing a bit of power), and trying to beat up a 180 lb guy just doesn't make sense to me. If they are doing it for money, then I can understand, but I cant really give Cotto too much of a chance in that one.

Yea Cotto doesnt belong at 160...Chavez needs to quit ducking Martinez.
Jack 1000
I believe Arum would only make a Mayweather fight, if he got options on future Mayweather fights, and that will never happen. Arum is not going to risk his cash cows losing to a fighter (Floyd) that he has no options on.

If the fight did happen. Easy 117-111 type win for Floyd. Cotto is past it, and Margarito proves more than past it without his loaded gloves. Cotto still cuts and busts up. Floyd will pot shot in and out. He's not gonna go inside and have negative memories of the first Castillo fight. Cotto is too slow, and would have to use strength to get inside against Floyd. Floyd's quickness and agility won't let that happen.

5+ years ago, this would have merit, but not now.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 4 2011, 11:45 PM) *
Yea Cotto doesnt belong at 160...Chavez needs to quit ducking Martinez.

+1

Martinez is just gonna make him move more than he's used to moving, then we'll see whats really up with him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 4 2011, 11:54 PM) *
I believe Arum would only make a Mayweather fight, if he got options on future Mayweather fights, and that will never happen. Arum is not going to risk his cash cows losing to a fighter (Floyd) that he has no options on.

If the fight did happen. Easy 117-111 type win for Floyd. Cotto is past it, and Margarito proves more than past it without his loaded gloves. Cotto still cuts and busts up. Floyd will pot shot in and out. He's not gonna go inside and have negative memories of the first Castillo fight. Cotto is too slow, and would have to use strength to get inside against Floyd. Floyd's quickness and agility won't let that happen.

Jack

Spot on! The fact that Arum's an ass, along with his hate for FMJ, will create friction for negotiations...if he even decides to entertain it. This would be an easy fight for Floyd and it wouldn't have been good for Miguel back in the WW days if it would've taken place.

Of course Cotto would've been more game back then, but oh well. Honestly, I dont want to see Cotto beaten by anyone else at this point...he's such a humble guy and watching him get beat to submission as we've seen twice in the past, is simply unbearable.

I mean, Im a manly man, and I know this is contact sports, but his losses, seem to unfold slowly for some reason and look so devastating...that shit never leaves the back of my mind because he fights til he cant continue.

He already has that dumb puppy-dog look on his face when he's losing, but an added look of frustration while fighting Mayweather will be hard to watch...especially down the stretch when he realizes that he cant hang anymore. So please, no more fast fighters for Cotto, he looks the least bit comfortable trying to catch the guy and land no2.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 4 2011, 10:54 PM) *

Jack

I would have Floyd beating Cotto 115-113 in a good fight. I think Cottos speed and skill have always been underrated...his jab is very underrated. I dont see a "past it" fighter when I watch Cotto...Floyd would look to counter of course and would land alot of chopping shots but Cotto wears down against pressure fighters...Cotto would be the one pressuring in that fight. Either way a UD decision for Floyd though.

Is Cotto staying with Arum for sure? Has he or Arum commented on it yet?
The Original MrFactor
I wouldnt mind seeing this. It should have happened years ago, but if a deal with Pacquaio cant be reached, I'd love to see Cotto/Mayweather.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2011, 12:10 AM) *
Spot on! The fact that Arum's an ass, along with his hate for FMJ, will create friction for negotiations...if he even decides to entertain it. This would be an easy fight for Floyd and it wouldn't have been good for Miguel back in the WW days if it would've taken place.

Of course Cotto would've been more game back then, but oh well. Honestly, I dont want to see Cotto beaten by anyone else at this point...he's such a humble guy and watching him get beat to submission as we've seen twice in the past, is simply unbearable.

I mean, Im a manly man, and I know this is contact sports, but his losses, seem to unfold slowly for some reason and look so devastating...that shit never leaves the back of my mind because he fights til he cant continue.

He already has that dumb puppy-dog look on his face when he's losing, but an added look of frustration while fighting Mayweather will be hard to watch...especially down the stretch when he realizes that he cant hang anymore. So please, no more fast fighters for Cotto, he looks the least bit comfortable trying to catch the guy and land no2.gif

A manly man? LOL the best line. I can take someone getting an ass beating especially if I am paying 50 plus bucks to see it. Yea I can stomach it. That is one strike against your man card Shels!
kingknockout
this fight was on the verge of being hyped up like Pacman vs Floyd is now...but it never came to light.

I didn't know then and still don't know now why people would want to see this fight.....Cotto is nowhere on the same level as Mayweather. I've been saying this looooooong before Cotto lost to Pacman.....I was in High School telling folks this.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 5 2011, 12:34 AM) *
A manly man? LOL the best line. I can take someone getting an ass beating especially if I am paying 50 plus bucks to see it. Yea I can stomach it. That is one strike against your man card Shels!

Yeah it can be a bit disturbing from time to time. My experience in contact sports/contact training is something that helps me think past it, but its always those nasty beating that eventually do it for me (sometimes). You buy fights? Ha!

Thought you were just a FMJ nuthugger that only bought his fights dntknw.gif I would go as far as asking if you saw the Jorge Linares beating, but Mayweather wasn't on the card, so Im sure you didn't laugh.gif

QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 5 2011, 12:49 AM) *
this fight was on the verge of being hyped up like Pacman vs Floyd is now...but it never came to light.

I didn't know then and still don't know now why people would want to see this fight.....Cotto is nowhere on the same level as Mayweather. I've been saying this looooooong before Cotto lost to Pacman.....I was in High School telling folks this.

+1

Im sure people would still want to see it, though they would have to deal with the fact that their beloved fan favorite, more than likey wont be able to compete to his fulles capacity though. The funny part is, the same thing would happen in this fight now, as it would've happened back then. The only difference is that Cotto would've been able to take the punches and/or punishment with pride because he wasn't all that shot back then.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2011, 12:41 AM) *

I didnt catch that. Imo mayweather cotto at 147 would be more exciting. Added on weight will slow em down and forget about the 10 oz gloves...zzzzzz.

Chavez jr is way too big for cotto. Very tough fight for him. I dont want to see it. Im speaking terms of biggest fight for cotto. Chavez jr brings in the most money and a chance to make history.
Col Reb
I have no interest in watching Cotto on his bike. Let him fight Devon Alexander at 147.
sduck
I see Cotto's style that would give Mayweather a tough fight. Cotto could win up to 4 or 5 rounds. Maybe less then that, he doesn't fight like he has something to protect anymore. He did box beautifully in Cotto-Margarito II, but that was too settle bad blood.

To be honest, I like this fight, but I don't see this fight as a smart choice for Floyd at this stage in both their careers, due to the upcoming negative criticism. I mean, expect people to say things like, "Pacquiao's leftovers" "Oh you want to fight him now, but you didn't fight him before" "He's over the hill"
bnoles4life
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 5 2011, 01:10 AM) *
I would have Floyd beating Cotto 115-113 in a good fight. I think Cottos speed and skill have always been underrated...his jab is very underrated. I dont see a "past it" fighter when I watch Cotto...Floyd would look to counter of course and would land alot of chopping shots but Cotto wears down against pressure fighters...Cotto would be the one pressuring in that fight. Either way a UD decision for Floyd though.

Is Cotto staying with Arum for sure? Has he or Arum commented on it yet?

The ONLY way that fight is ONLY 115-113 is if Cotto got fed up w/ NOT being able to touch up Floyd, he resorts to "head hunting" (read: nut-juggling) and Mora is the ref for that fight. Cotto may be effective early (I'm talking up to round 2), but after that, he's getting picked apart like buzzards do roadkill. Cotto, as much as I enjoy watching him, is too hittable and that jab of his, can be countered by, I dunno, a fighter that is quick enough and possesses a long enough reach....(hmmm....Miguel's reach 67", Floyd's reach 72"). Now, we won't even mention that guard of his, which is like an open bar wedding to straight punches and uppercuts! Let's throw in the fact that, like many fighters, Miguel CAN NOT/WILL NOT fight going backwards. I know this b/c if he could, there wouldn't have been a better time, in the HISTORY of boxing to do that, than when he fought Manny. IMO, this fight will be pretty one-sided (NOT JMM-one sided) and will provoke MORE "Manny beat (insert boxer of choice) better than Floyd" garbage.
mgrover
if i remember correctly cotto used to call out mayweather time ago and then mayweather beat some dudes ass i think it was baldomir and cotto stfu..
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 5 2011, 01:51 AM) *
Chavez jr is way too big for cotto. Very tough fight for him. I dont want to see it. Im speaking terms of biggest fight for cotto. Chavez jr brings in the most money and a chance to make history.

Yep, the money will definitely be the case, or it could be Arum's "going away" gift to Cotto, by being thrown in there with a giant.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 5 2011, 09:54 AM) *
Now, we won't even mention that guard of his, which is like an open bar wedding to straight punches and uppercuts! Let's throw in the fact that, like many fighters, Miguel CAN NOT/WILL NOT fight going backwards.

laugh.gif

I like this one!

Cotto is the master of backing up...well at least he was in the first Margarito fight. Thats pure suicide for a fighter to do such a thing against Toney. Backing up fighting looks good in the beginning, then it leads to the ring getting cut off, which eventually leads to your back making love to the ropes and the corner, which ultimately becomes a Margarito Christmas gift...less stalking for him and less effort in terms of cutting the ring off.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 5 2011, 11:08 AM) *
if i remember correctly cotto used to call out mayweather time ago and then mayweather beat some dudes ass i think it was baldomir and cotto stfu..

Yep! Arum saw Mayweather and his shadow beat the hell out of Gatti (R.I.P.) and he immediately shut his beaker and changed his tune. Didn't he do the same after JMM hit Manny with the "bum stick" last month? He didn't even let Manny make it back to the dressing room good, before he pulled that JMM/Pac IV idea out of his clown ass laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2011, 02:23 AM) *
Yeah it can be a bit disturbing from time to time. My experience in contact sports/contact training is something that helps me think past it, but its always those nasty beating that eventually do it for me (sometimes). You buy fights? Ha!

Thought you were just a FMJ nuthugger that only bought his fights dntknw.gif I would go as far as asking if you saw the Jorge Linares beating, but Mayweather wasn't on the card, so Im sure you didn't laugh.gif

+1

Im sure people would still want to see it, though they would have to deal with the fact that their beloved fan favorite, more than likey wont be able to compete to his fulles capacity though. The funny part is, the same thing would happen in this fight now, as it would've happened back then. The only difference is that Cotto would've been able to take the punches and/or punishment with pride because he wasn't all that shot back then.

A nuthugger? No, that is what he pays Ms. Jackson to be. I only buy two fights a year, Cotto/Margs was a boycott. I am not supporting a cheat and a BS promoter in Arum. I actually saw the Linares fight and it was entertaining. My next PPV will be on May 5th lol, I have a kid I have to spend money on!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 5 2011, 02:49 PM) *
My next PPV will be on May 5th

nea.gif Still sound like a nuthugger...
daprofessor
i'd still be interested in seeing that fight even though i think cotto loses at this point. arum will cash cotto out against one of his own guys before floyd/cotto happens.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2011, 03:25 PM) *
nea.gif Still sound like a nuthugger...

What other good PPV is schedule for next year? Let me know Zatoichi.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 5 2011, 06:43 PM) *
What other good PPV is schedule for next year? Let me know Zatoichi.

Nothing new on the calender yet...as far as PPVs. Hell, aint like you gonna order it anyway laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2011, 07:06 PM) *
Nothing new on the calender yet...as far as PPVs. Hell, aint like you gonna order it anyway laugh.gif

fuck.gif That is so wrong lol. If it is a good PPV I will, cause I got racks on racks on racks and I am not a Floyd nuthugger, nuts a nasty.
streetlion1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 5 2011, 08:54 AM) *
The ONLY way that fight is ONLY 115-113 is if Cotto got fed up w/ NOT being able to touch up Floyd, he resorts to "head hunting" (read: nut-juggling) and Mora is the ref for that fight. Cotto may be effective early (I'm talking up to round 2), but after that, he's getting picked apart like buzzards do roadkill. Cotto, as much as I enjoy watching him, is too hittable and that jab of his, can be countered by, I dunno, a fighter that is quick enough and possesses a long enough reach....(hmmm....Miguel's reach 67", Floyd's reach 72"). Now, we won't even mention that guard of his, which is like an open bar wedding to straight punches and uppercuts! Let's throw in the fact that, like many fighters, Miguel CAN NOT/WILL NOT fight going backwards. I know this b/c if he could, there wouldn't have been a better time, in the HISTORY of boxing to do that, than when he fought Manny. IMO, this fight will be pretty one-sided (NOT JMM-one sided) and will provoke MORE "Manny beat (insert boxer of choice) better than Floyd" garbage.

I dont know what Cotto you've been watching but he CAN fight going backwards...not that Floyd would make him back up anyway. Cotto has better speed and overall Boxing ability than anyone Floyd has fought since hitting welterweight...outside of maybe Zab Judah. I see Floyd winning but in no way does he dominate Cotto the way you are saying. In the Pacquiao fight he just came out with the wrong strategy and tried to pound Manny out early and wound up getting caught with big shots. Floyd is stronger than people give him credit for but he isnt gonna knock Cotto down with one shot unless its a borderline sucker punch like he landed on Ortiz. STYLES MAKE FIGHTS...Floyd wins but no way does he make Cotto easy work...I wont believe it until I see it.
Cshel86
Hey guys...did anybody see that little furry rat climb up and fuck that elephant in the ass??? dntknw.gif

#justpulledanAllmenjoi
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 5 2011, 08:24 PM) *
I dont know what Cotto you've been watching but he CAN fight going backwards...not that Floyd would make him back up anyway. Cotto has better speed and overall Boxing ability than anyone Floyd has fought since hitting welterweight...outside of maybe Zab Judah. I see Floyd winning but in no way does he dominate Cotto the way you are saying. In the Pacquiao fight he just came out with the wrong strategy and tried to pound Manny out early and wound up getting caught with big shots. Floyd is stronger than people give him credit for but he isnt gonna knock Cotto down with one shot unless its a borderline sucker punch like he landed on Ortiz. STYLES MAKE FIGHTS...Floyd wins but no way does he make Cotto easy work...I wont believe it until I see it.

you thought that was a sucker punch?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 5 2011, 12:08 PM) *

As usual, it was the non-having to get in the ring portion of Team Cotto that called out Floyd...you know, Arum & Co. The fight in question was the Gatti fight. Believe me, the Baldomir fight only put fear in the heart of someone who was scared to fall asleep.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Hey guys...did anybody see that little furry rat climb up and fuck that elephant in the ass??? dntknw.gif

#justpulledanAllmenjoi

offtopic.gif What does this have to do with Cotto/ Mayweather? Stay on topic or I will report you to yourself.

This fight would be inh interesting. If Cotto leaves Arum (which is the wise thing to do) then the fight can be made, plus the drug testing would be a great story line. Cotto who seems to have 0 sense of humor would be the anti Floyd. The language barrier will also add to the story. Plsu they can both crap on Arum at the same time. When or if Cotto loses the big question after the fight would be "Who was a better fighter Mayweather or Pacquiao?" Kellerman already has the question and his facial expression ready.

Floyd can use this fight as a means to futher taunt Pac's accomplishments. He beat a Cotto coming off a great win instead of a horrific lost like Pac. This would futher push the fight that people (I am no longer included i that circle) want to see. Mayweather can say that he beat Cotto who some said he was dunking years back (BS I know). And of course the money is ridiculous that can be made. A Puerto Rican and African American fighting on Cinco De Mayo! Sweet.

The Undercard for this fight would be: Sergio Martinez vs. Kelly Pavlik (It can happen) The winner or Ortiz/Berto faces Alexander or James Kirkland
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 5 2011, 11:14 PM) *
offtopic.gif What does this have to do with Cotto/ Mayweather? Stay on topic or I will report you to yourself.

This fight would be inh interesting. If Cotto leaves Arum (which is the wise thing to do) then the fight can be made, plus the drug testing would be a great story line. Cotto who seems to have 0 sense of humor would be the anti Floyd. The language barrier will also add to the story. Plsu they can both crap on Arum at the same time. When or if Cotto loses the big question after the fight would be "Who was a better fighter Mayweather or Pacquiao?" Kellerman already has the question and his facial expression ready.

Floyd can use this fight as a means to futher taunt Pac's accomplishments. He beat a Cotto coming off a great win instead of a horrific lost like Pac. This would futher push the fight that people (I am no longer included i that circle) want to see. Mayweather can say that he beat Cotto who some said he was dunking years back (BS I know). And of course the money is ridiculous that can be made. A Puerto Rican and African American fighting on Cinco De Mayo! Sweet.

The Undercard for this fight would be: Sergio Martinez vs. Kelly Pavlik (It can happen) The winner or Ortiz/Berto faces Alexander or James Kirkland

I had to show how you come in a thread off topic...often. laugh.gif

Oh yeah...Martinez and Pavlik already fought. You can throw James Kirkland out of it too...
mgrover
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 6 2011, 04:14 AM) *

Floyd can use this fight as a means to futher taunt Pac's accomplishments. He beat a Cotto coming off a great win instead of a horrific lost like Pac.

yeah cant really see it happening since if he doesnt stop cotto or bloody him up that badly people will still see pacman one upping him, its like when people saying pacman destroyed hatton we all know why
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 6 2011, 12:03 AM) *
I had to show how you come in a thread off topic...often. laugh.gif

Oh yeah...Martinez and Pavlik already fought. You can throw James Kirkland out of it too...

Well they can fight again because I clearly missed that fight (Floyd must have been fighting that night lol)... What is wrong with Kirkland? Then Canelo and Sergio should fight in the undercard. It should be easy since Golden Boy has Canelo and Sergio I think works with Dibilla (correct spelling?) it should be an easy fight to sign.

I am going to ignore your first statement because it was offtopic.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 5 2011, 10:38 PM) *
the Baldomir fight only put fear in the heart of someone who was scared to fall asleep.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 6 2011, 08:23 AM) *
Well they can fight again because I clearly missed that fight (Floyd must have been fighting that night lol)...

Shining example of a nuthugger rolleyes_anim.gif

Well they can fight again because I clearly missed that fight

Why should they fight again because you missed it? At this point, Pavlik cant even make Middleweight and be effective.

What is wrong with Kirkland?

Whats aint wrong with Kirkland? Well, I can give him some type of credit...he's not all that bad.

Then Canelo and Sergio should fight in the undercard. It should be easy since Golden Boy has Canelo and Sergio I think works with Dibilla (correct spelling?) it should be an easy fight to sign.

Canelo and Sergio would be a big fight on its own...no need to put it on a big card like that and not make as much money as they could make if it were an individual event. Besides, that would have to be a big budget, and Im sure Canelo and Sergio wont be able to fit in that budget because of their market value...especially Canelo's. Yes, Martinez is with Lou DiBella.

I am going to ignore your first statement because it was offtopic.gif

...but it was the absolute truth. Again, if you would stop confronting me and others about an issue that you've clearly not mastered (staying on topic), then you just might be alright...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.