Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who should Floyd fight next if not Pacquiao?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
Which of these do you think Floyd should fight next?
Genius
Cory Spinks on the list hahaha
streetlion1
Cotto Cotto Cotto!!!
un01
i would like to see him fight sergio, but canelo makes the most sense... hes mexico's biggest fighter, may 5th, cinco de mayo weekend. the fight would do insane numbers, and it would be easy work for floyd.
gbh32001
Let him fight Ivan Calderon, let's see if he can catch him....And I'm not joking.
The Original MrFactor
I still need some clarity on how he would do against Cotto. I think Floyd wins, but I just need to see it, to be sure.
Cshel86
Im going strong for Amir Khan. It's a "safe money-maker" for him at welterweight, so he doesn't need to feel pressured to move up. Just by the way Khan fights, it would appear to put some type of urgency in Floyd's fight game, since Khan sticks and moves. So you know what that means...yep you got it...he "appears" to be a threat to Floyd, which leads speculation, then interest, then...yep, you got it...PPV sales.

At this point, the Pacquiao fight seems "closer and closer", though it may end up taking another year laugh.gif With that said, it only makes sense to keep Pacquiao in the picture, and along with that comes Roach and Ariza...so there's the Mayweather/Khan 24/7 material. So, we'll see Khan sparring Manny, Roach being Roach, and Ariza doing what he does best...along with Khan's backstory.

Of course Khan sparring with Manny will only cook up more interest, being the fact that Khan has been getting "the better" of Manny in sessions lately, which makes him...yep, you got it...a possible threat to Mayweather. Plus, a 24/7 with Khan involved will give it a face lift, being the fact that we haven't seen a different culture since Pacquiao/Hatton 24/7 in 2009...Hatton's culture of course.
Allmenjoi8
Chavez Jr? At what weight?

I would love to see Floyd fight Amir Khan to shut him up but I would mostly like to see him fight Manny so we can stop talking about who would win.
Seek
Khan. He has the size, speed and style to give Mayweather a tough time. We've seen Floyd in there with maulers like Hatton, counter punchers like Judah and Marquez, boxer punchers like Ortiz and Baldomir and DLH. But never has he faced someone like Khan who has an in and out style, great athlete, great jab, good power and speed, mentally strong and near the peak of his career and the #1 JWW. The UK fans will definitely show up and make it that much more exciting. This fight makes the most sense style and business wise. Make it happen!
BoxingEinstein

Hey, everyone I'm making a online petition for the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight to be made. I'm right now working on it and I will distribute it through different media outlets thanks to one of my friends who work as a tv ad agent and media consultant. My goal is to get 3 million people to sign the petition and I will send it to Top Ranks HQ and executives. When I post it online and on this website plus countless others make sure you get other people close to your or far from you to sign it so we can as fans do are part to help get this fight made. I'm also looking to make a letter to send to Pacman's personal website to hopefully get one of the writers to notify someone close to Pacquiao to step up and talk to Arum about making the fight happen. Thank you for your support and as fans of a sport that we help grow or hurt we must do are part to make this fight that will help boxing alot.

Thanks, Einstein.
Seek
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 7 2011, 12:47 PM) *
Hey, everyone I'm making a online petition for the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight to be made. I'm right now working on it and I will distribute it through different media outlets thanks to one of my friends who work as a tv ad agent and media consultant. My goal is to get 3 million people to sign the petition and I will send it to Top Ranks HQ and executives. When I post it online and on this website plus countless others make sure you get other people close to your or far from you to sign it so we can as fans do are part to help get this fight made. I'm also looking to make a letter to send to Pacman's personal website to hopefully get one of the writers to notify someone close to Pacquiao to step up and talk to Arum about making the fight happen. Thank you for your support and as fans of a sport that we help grow or hurt we must do are part to make this fight that will help boxing alot.

Thanks, Einstein.

Just tell me where to sign!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 7 2011, 11:36 AM) *
Khan. He has the size, speed and style to give Mayweather a tough time. We've seen Floyd in there with maulers like Hatton, counter punchers like Judah and Marquez, boxer punchers like Ortiz and Baldomir and DLH. But never has he faced someone like Khan who has an in and out style, great athlete, great jab, good power and speed, mentally strong and near the peak of his career and the #1 JWW. The UK fans will definitely show up and make it that much more exciting. This fight makes the most sense style and business wise. Make it happen!

+1

A Khan fight would make all of the sense in the world, right about now...if/when he gets past Lamont this weekend. Let's see if any nuthuggers will blindly dispute this argument drag.gif
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 7 2011, 01:32 PM) *
+1

A Khan fight would make all of the sense in the world, right about now...if/when he gets past Lamont this weekend. Let's see if any nuthuggers will blindly dispute this argument drag.gif

I think more will be opposed to the idea after the Peterson fight because Khan is going to have trouble with Lamont. If Khan can't get an early lead, it will be a very close fight. Peterson is a well-schooled boxer with a high boxing iq who can give anyone problems around the weight. I wouldn't mind seeing the winner of Khan-Guerrero be Floyd's next opponent but there just isn't enough time for that to happen. Floyd really isn't a 154 fighter at all and the risk vs reward just doesn't add up vs guys like Martinez or Canelo. Cotto would be a good match but i'd rather see a different type of opponent, more fresh fighter like Khan in there with Floyd.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 7 2011, 12:51 PM) *
I think more will be opposed to the idea after the Peterson fight because Khan is going to have trouble with Lamont. If Khan can't get an early lead, it will be a very close fight. Peterson is a well-schooled boxer with a high boxing iq who can give anyone problems around the weight. I wouldn't mind seeing the winner of Khan-Guerrero be Floyd's next opponent but there just isn't enough time for that to happen. Floyd really isn't a 154 fighter at all and the risk vs reward just doesn't add up vs guys like Martinez or Canelo. Cotto would be a good match but i'd rather see a different type of opponent, more fresh fighter like Khan in there with Floyd.

I can agree with you on most of this. If Khan looks great in the Peterson fight, then that may boost his stock and interest Mayweather. If he doesn't look all that good or it ends up being a see-saw fight, then that could possibly get him the fight as well. You know how that goes, if a fighter looks great, the best will call him out and say that he's better.

If a good fighter has a decent/good test, but looks a bit sloppy, then the great fighter calls him out and makes it appear that he's doing the fighter a favor by allowing him a big payday (in which they are guaranteed to not turn down)...when all along, the great fighter was waiting to see flaws. Cotto isn't all that fresh nowadays, but if a Mayweather fight materializes, then surely Floyd will say some things to make Cotto appear to be a threat at some point of the build-up.
cuzzo707
I wanna see Floyd fight an Olympic Style Drug Tested MP!!!! LMAO
JonnyBlaze
Cotto or Martinez. I feel Khan would get KO'd and Canelo is still too green. Yet, Mayweather fought a really green Ortiz. Still, Canelo is even more green then Ortiz was. I see Canelo doin big things but just not yet. Guerrero would be a cool fight. Big fan of his. He deserves a big fight like that and it'll really help his family out.
checkleft
I picked sergio, he's one of my favorite fighters deserves a pay day its already towards the end of his career and is the #2 p4p fighter on my list.

Everyone else isn't ready. Khan has not fought any of the top 140 pndrs even though he could probably beat them all. Instead he keeps opting out for the judahs and lamonts

He isn't ready neither is Canelo it Guerrero, we will see where ortiz is at in the berto fight but my second choice would be cotto.

But if ortiz can get a solid win against berto he will probably be his best challenge, strong quick boxer puncher.
Cshel86
Truthfully (just my opinion), I dont believe any of those guys are ready (skill-wise) for Mayweather, but its all about who's more deserving at this particular time. Just my opinion though...
Plah
Sergio!
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 7 2011, 05:32 PM) *
+1

khan would be stupid to take that fight, if hes going to keep chasing mayweather he needs to least beat one or two top ten welterweights, for all we know he could be like hatton

on the other hand he should fight me, am broke and need the money lol

thats how it seems people are talking when they talk about a mayweather fight, a win for mayweather a payday for the other fighter, it seems like the only reason to fight him since most probably dont think there going to beat him, i dont understand why khan wants to take that big a risk
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 7 2011, 07:46 PM) *
khan would be stupid to take that fight, if hes going to keep chasing mayweather he needs to least beat one or two top ten welterweights, for all we know he could be like hatton

thats how it seems people are talking when they talk about a mayweather fight, a win for mayweather a payday for the other fighter, it seems like the only reason to fight him since most probably dont think there going to beat him, i dont understand why khan wants to take that big a risk

Hahahaha!!! There's no better time for Khan to take this fight, than now. Floyd aint gettin' no younger, and Khan is still young. A huge payday, and a bunch of options afterwards is something he cant walk away from. He can still fight Bradley's punk ass, Ortiz, Alexander, Maidana again, or whoever.
mrwigi
I'd still like to see him fight cotto. I wanted to see this fight wen they were both at 140 right after Floyd fought gatti. But i dont think anyone really wanted to fight him after watching that...haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Dec 8 2011, 09:15 AM) *
I'd still like to see him fight cotto. I wanted to see this fight wen they were both at 140 right after Floyd fought gatti. But i dont think anyone really wanted to fight him after watching that...haha

Tell me about it! I dont think that we would be talking about the same Cotto today, had that fight taken place at 140. Im just glad that Cotto was undefeated and well known, before he was defeated by a cheater, which sort of gives him the benefit of the doubt.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 7 2011, 08:46 PM) *

Khan stated that he wants to leave the boxing world early, so cashing out with Mayweather would make sense. It would make more sense if he fought Tim Bradley first but he sees that money. If this fight happens in the UK then he can really cash out. I would rather see Khan build his repertoire then jump into the deep end. The kid is just learning how to swim and his chin is still suspect. He needs to grow as a fight and as a Welter weight
mitukczuk
How can even people put Khan in the same santence as Floyd. Hes done nothing yet and is relevant only because he is constantly connecting himself with Floyd. And his resume is not that impressive also. Same with Alvarez, he doesnt deserve a chance against the best. Not yet. Guerrero as well. I havent heard of him untill like a month ago. He has good resume but doesnt have the public exposure to make himself viable as Floyd's opponent imo. 24/7 is a mighty tool, but I don't think his life story is enough in his case.
Sunni6Killer
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 6 2011, 10:34 PM) *
Cotto Cotto Cotto!!!

Nice sig.
Is that culo real?
What is her name?
streetlion1
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Dec 9 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Nice sig.
Is that culo real?
What is her name?

thanks...yea its real...no idea what her name is...
Allmenjoi8
It ain't Khan! laugh.gif
sduck
Well, since Khan is officially ruled out I definitely gonna have to go with Sergio. There's too many negatives on the credibility of a Cotto fight, and I don't think Golden Boy has the balls to let their prospect (Canelo Alvarez) suffer a loss this soon in his career. But then again, it wouldn't be as bad to lose, being more expect, because it is Floyd Mayweather.
Seek
Cotto has stated that Bob will always be his promoter just now without a written agreement. With arum promoting cotto, that fight will not happen. I still dont think a martinez fight is realistic. I really dont want to see guerrero in there. Fuck it just announce youll fight the wiiner of ortiz berto. Id rather see that than canelo at this point
Sicko
^I was going to post the same thing

Might as well just wait for the Winner of Berto vs Ortiz...even though if Ortiz win I am not all that interested in Mayweather vs Ortiz II
Kratza
Floyd should really fight Canelo or Martinez, i think he'd win both but it will bring alot of money and would definatly set him up for retirement showdown with Khan and Pacman (which he'd win)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.