Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Personality Disorder Thread...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Okay folks...here we go. Im sick to my stomach with it, and its about time we put these guys on blast! Not that they give a damn, but seriously, the boxing world needs personality, not carbon copies of current fighters on their way out of the sport.

We all know that everything under the sun has been done by some fighters, and its a fact that history repeats itself, but these fighters wont even give us enough time to forget about these guys before they mimic their every movement.

Its almost sad to see it come to fruition, but here we have...professional nuthuggers no2.gif We all know that Ali talked a gang of shit and did numerous acts/poems, etc during pressers and interviews...it has become a part of the game and its great promotion. We have the bad asses in the sport, and we have the nice guys...thats how it is. Its hard to watch fighters become dopplegangers of fighters that are still around, but I guess thats how the sport is nowadays.

Tim Bradley: This guy, this guy no2.gif He does the best Mayweather impersonation ever. I mean, he almost has it down to the tee, if you ask me. This motherfucker even makes it his business to talk fast and stutter on purpose laugh.gif He even get down to using the same facial expressions, smh.

Screw it...I will just post a video to cover the rest. I will try my best to post the presser with Casamayor. It shows Bradley's various moments of "no personality disorder", when he couldn't think of any Mayweather stuff to spew out.

Adrien Broner: I must say this first, this kid is going to get far in the sport. Okay, now back to his antics laugh.gif Where do I start? Oh yeah...proud nuthugger, to say the least. It was so obvious in the DeLeon fight, what he was doing, in regards to his fighting style.

As painfully obvious as it was, he did it so well (sarcasm), that it became annoying to watch after a few rounds. He even admits that Floyd's his favorite fighter, thats cool, but dammit man...do we have to see Floyd III before its actually time to? It was obvious after his last fight...laying on the floor like Floyd did after the Hatton, crying after the fight, etc...c'mon man.

The only thing that truly saves him from this hard form of criticism, is the fact that he's a goofy kid and he does his own thing from time to time.

Amir Khan: Oh shit, who didn't see this coming? laugh.gif This dude kills me on another level with his Pacquiao impersonations in the ring. I've especially noticed it since the Malignaggi fight no2.gif Dude raises his hands like Pac when he gets hit...clearly Pac is the only person that does this. Then those horrendous punches in bunches that he slaps his opponents, is another giveaway.

Ever since this kid got a chance to spar with Pacquiao, he's become this overzealous Pactard that cant catches Pacnesia in the ring, and tries to give us that notion. We want to see a cleaner version of the Khan that got his clock cleaned by Prescott, not Pacquiao Jr.

Victor Ortiz: Sigh...no one should be trying to impersonate Oscar, but there's always gonna be one village idiot that tries...and here we have him, Mr. Ortiz. He doesn't try to be Oscar in the ring, but he's Oscar up and down in losing situations and sometimes during interviews...especially in losing situations though laugh.gif

He does have the tendency to crack a smile after he's lost a fight...I still dont understand that. Ortiz takes it to another level though, because that cracked smile turns into a full-fledged tattooed smile, that "Im about to lose my virginity and Im nervous" laugh, and a bunch of jokes because he's embarrassed. I mean damn, Maidana kicked his ass, but he found something funny about it...cant seem to find out what it was.

Honestly, I that was the best way to take that post-Maidana ass-whoopin interview...I may not even have done an interview after that. He's weird because everything suddenly becomes "okay" after a fight...so Oscar-like of him.

Any others? Elaborate on these, or give me what you got!

***please dont respond "directly" to this post...let's save the bandwith on the page.
Cshel86
BoxingEinstein

"Ortiz takes it to another level though, because that cracked smile turns into a full-fledged tattooed smile, that "Im about to lose my virginity and Im nervous" laugh,"

LMAO!! ^ that did it for me...I can't compete with you on this...lol!!!!!!!
checkleft
I honestly would like Khan more if he shut up.. but I think the reason hes been flapping away so much is because he always boasted about beating ortiz in the ams. But when ortiz stepped up to the plate with berto and won the mayweather lottery it really got Khan pissed Haha
BoxingEinstein

Too many boxers try to be like Floyd now...Ward, Canelo, Bradley, Broner, Dawson, etc.

I think Margarito gets the pass for his personality to come off as a more quiet version of Tony Montana...that man is a fucking sick piece of shit.

Devon Alexander has been talking alot of shit lately and surprisingly none of it is coming out of his coaches mouth. So I take it Alexander with the excessive trash talk is becoming a Kevin Cunnigham verbal type fighter now.

Khan's trash talk is ok....for now...as long as her performs like he has been lately he can talk shit as long as he backs it up.

Guerrero has went on a trash talking barrage lately. I don't appreciate his trash talk since he hasn't put down any type of resume in his division yet. His personality has also changed into a Mayweather type trash talking character.
Jack 1000
I love the comparison of Victor Ortiz to Oscar Delahoya! Perfect! They are both "Too nice, pretty boy goody-goodies" It's the fake smile/grin of Oscar's that I can't stand. I used to call Oscar "Grin Boy." He isn't Golden! Maybe "Fools Gold!" LOL!

Oscar's like, he came so close, but never really could win big fights a lot of times, even though he could be competitive in them. Victor Ortiz is like like a poor Delahoya clone in personality and in the way he fights, but with only half a heart, a quarter of courage, and no balls. Oscar had way more of those attributes than Ortiz. Ortiz would rather be a Priest or Minister than a fighter! LOL! He is the type of fighter that begs for forgiveness when the chips are down, so maybe Victor "the Priest" could give forgiveness to others! And if Victor can't get forgives, he feels bad and quits.

Actually Ortiz had some balls against Berto in a great two-sided war and we almost "forgave" Victor for quitting against Maidana, which was somewhat understandable, because it was a great fight up until the bizarre ending. However, Floyd took Victor's heart and balls away and I don't think he's gonna be able to get some new ones! That's why I think Berto will win a rematch.

The Motto For Victor Ortiz: "Just like Delahoya....and less!" Poor Ortiz!

Jack

daprofessor
ray robinson wanted to be like joe louis...

muhammad ali wanted to be like ray robinson...

ray leonard wanted to be like muhammad ali....

they all emulate each other. some take it to the next level...some don't.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 8 2011, 02:21 PM) *
I honestly would like Khan more if he shut up.. but I think the reason hes been flapping away so much is because he always boasted about beating ortiz in the ams. But when ortiz stepped up to the plate with berto and won the mayweather lottery it really got Khan pissed Haha

Typical Khan, I tell ya...

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 8 2011, 04:13 PM) *
Too many boxers try to be like Floyd now...Ward, Canelo, Bradley, Broner, Dawson, etc.

I think Margarito gets the pass for his personality to come off as a more quiet version of Tony Montana...that man is a fucking sick piece of shit.

Devon Alexander has been talking alot of shit lately and surprisingly none of it is coming out of his coaches mouth. So I take it Alexander with the excessive trash talk is becoming a Kevin Cunnigham verbal type fighter now.

Khan's trash talk is ok....for now...as long as her performs like he has been lately he can talk shit as long as he backs it up.

Guerrero has went on a trash talking barrage lately. I don't appreciate his trash talk since he hasn't put down any type of resume in his division yet. His personality has also changed into a Mayweather type trash talking character.

+1

Too many Mayweather carbon copies. Alexander is in a league of his own with that stupid smirk that he does, and to add insult to injury, he mispronounces shit with no shame. I remember after the Matthysse fight, he had that hat cocked to the side like a special kid and he kept fuckin' up the word altitude no2.gif

"Yeah, yeah, we did that new [i]aptitude training, it worked. Yeah Larry, I remember you sayin' that I had some 'splainin to do"[/i]. WTF is 'splainin'? Are younervous, embarassed, or just that damn stupid Devon? Isn't it explaining? So no, Devon's doing enough to outdo his senseless self...no need for him to pick up on anybody else's antics :lo:

Guerrero and Khan are both whoring after Mayweather...let 'em have at it...

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 8 2011, 04:19 PM) *
I love the comparison of Victor Ortiz to Oscar Delahoya! Perfect! They are both "Too nice, pretty boy goody-goodies" It's the fake smile/grin of Oscar's that I can't stand. I used to call Oscar "Grin Boy." He isn't Golden! Maybe "Fools Gold!" LOL!

Oscar's like, he came so close, but never really could win big fights a lot of times, even though he could be competitive in them. Victor Ortiz is like like a poor Delahoya clone in personality and in the way he fights, but with only half a heart, a quarter of courage, and no balls. Oscar had way more of those attributes than Ortiz. Ortiz would rather be a Priest or Minister than a fighter! LOL! He is the type of fighter that begs for forgiveness when the chips are down, so maybe Victor "the Priest" could give forgiveness to others! And if Victor can't get forgives, he feels bad and quits.

Actually Ortiz had some balls against Berto in a great two-sided war and we almost "forgave" Victor for quitting against Maidana, which was somewhat understandable, because it was a great fight up until the bizarre ending. However, Floyd took Victor's heart and balls away and I don't think he's gonna be able to get some new ones! That's why I think Berto will win a rematch.

Jack

laugh.gif
Jack, you already know that there's nothing more priceless than you giving your brutally honest opinion about a fighter...especially if he pisses you off! laugh.gif Both these guys just baffle me with those stupid grins and smiles. For one, they pick the wrong time to use 'em.

Oscar uses it to be professional and mask his delusional stand points, and poor Ortiz, he just uses it when there's nothing left in that pez dispenser that he calls a head. It just reminds me of that stupid and nervous virgin laugh no2.gif Good one!
checkleft
I have never seen Andre Ward act like mayweather. Haha

Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 8 2011, 11:54 PM) *
I have never seen Andre Ward act like mayweather. Haha

Watch and listen closely drag.gif
NathanJassi90
This is the dumbest thread ever. I don't think boxers try to purposely act like each other, they're individuals.
mrwigi
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 8 2011, 04:35 PM) *

+1
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 8 2011, 04:19 PM) *

Jack

His name then should be Victor "the Cowardly Lion" Ortiz

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2011, 09:12 PM) *
Typical Khan, I tell ya...

+1

Too many Mayweather carbon copies. Alexander is in a league of his own with that stupid smirk that he does, and to add insult to injury, he mispronounces shit with no shame. I remember after the Matthysse fight, he had that hat cocked to the side like a special kid and he kept fuckin' up the word altitude no2.gif

"Yeah, yeah, we did that new [i]aptitude training, it worked. Yeah Larry, I remember you sayin' that I had some 'splainin to do"[/i]. WTF is 'splainin'? Are younervous, embarassed, or just that damn stupid Devon? Isn't it [b]explaining? So no, Devon's doing enough to outdo his senseless self...no need for him to pick up on anybody else's antics :lo:[/b]Guerrero and Khan are both whoring after Mayweather...let 'em have at it...

laugh.gif
Jack, you already know that there's nothing more priceless than you giving your brutally honest opinion about a fighter...especially if he pisses you off! laugh.gif Both these guys just baffle me with those stupid grins and smiles. For one, they pick the wrong time to use 'em.

Oscar uses it to be professional and mask his delusional stand points, and poor Ortiz, he just uses it when there's nothing left in that pez dispenser that he calls a head. It just reminds me of that stupid and nervous virgin laugh no2.gif Good one!

Blame the lack of funding for the public schools in Saint Louis. You think about when you were younger and you tried to emulate your favorite athlete. It is no different from boxers. Who is Numero Uno right now? Mayweather? So why not try to get a little swag. Nonito wants to be the next Pacquiao. He plays that role Mr. Humble but I kick ass in the ring. It sells, it is like music now. One person makes a hit doing something everyone then follows that same mantra.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 8 2011, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2011, 12:45 PM) *
We all know that everything under the sun has been done by some fighters, and its a fact that history repeats itself, but these fighters wont even give us enough time to forget about these guys before they mimic their every movement.

C'mon Professor laugh.gif Thats true, but all of these guys evolved into their own beast...I dont see that nowadays. These guys nowadays need too much help finding themselves and selling themselves.

QUOTE (NathanJassi90 @ Dec 9 2011, 06:06 AM) *
This is the dumbest thread ever. I don't think boxers try to purposely act like each other, they're individuals.

Then why the fuck are you on here with your vagina hurting and complaining? rolleyes_anim.gif If only we could get members to effectively contribute input, instead of bashing someone else's efforts with their opinions (which means dick), then this place would be so much better. I got a gift for you...

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 9 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Blame the lack of funding for the public schools in Saint Louis. You think about when you were younger and you tried to emulate your favorite athlete. It is no different from boxers. Who is Numero Uno right now? Mayweather? So why not try to get a little swag.

Blame public schools period laugh.gif No matter how much swag Mayweather appears to have, he doesn't always come off as intelligent every time he opens his mouth. He knows the business side of the sport, hands down, but yeah, he needs to work on that "coming off as intelligent"...he somewhat lacks in that department.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2011, 11:24 AM) *
C'mon Professor laugh.gif Thats true, but all of these guys evolved into their own beast...I dont see that nowadays. These guys nowadays need too much help finding themselves and selling themselves.

Then why the fuck are you on here with your vagina hurting and complaining? rolleyes_anim.gif If only we could get members to effectively contribute input, instead of bashing someone else's efforts with their opinions (which means dick), then this place would be so much better. I got a gift for you...

Blame public schools period laugh.gif No matter how much swag Mayweather appears to have, he doesn't always come off as intelligent every time he opens his mouth. He knows the business side of the sport, hands down, but yeah, he needs to work on that "coming off as intelligent"...he somewhat lacks in that department.

Depending on where you live, public schools are well funded. Mayweather did not finish school, I think he was close to high school when he took on boxing, I know he dropped out. Even if he stayed in Grand Rapids is on the level of Detroit which is just plain SAD. I would agree, May needs to take some speech classes, because some of the things he says especially when he is trying to get "deep" reminds me of a conversation I had with an ex con (not saying all ex cons are ignorant Malcolm X did a lot for the ex con image). Any who, if May wants to be an boxing analyst he is going to have to work on his articulation. Imagine if he and Merchant end up working together. Wonderful!
Cshel86
Let's see how much of a Pacquiao Jr. we'll see in Khan tomorrow night laugh.gif
mgrover
james toney = chael sonnen

sure they both aint boxers but its damn true
NathanJassi90
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2011, 04:24 PM) *

Hahaha, this shit made me laugh so hard. Man you’re sad. This forum is supposed to be about discussing fighters past and present about what they do in the ring as well as the boxing business etcetera etcetera, not comparing their personalities. That shit is just taking it too far. You must have way too much time on your hands.
Cshel86
QUOTE (NathanJassi90 @ Dec 10 2011, 06:20 AM) *
Hahaha, this shit made me laugh so hard. Man you’re sad. This forum is supposed to be about discussing fighters past and present about what they do in the ring as well as the boxing business etcetera etcetera, not comparing their personalities. That shit is just taking it too far. You must have way too much time on your hands.

I meant what I said...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.