Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bhop sparring in january...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
first and foremost...let me state that bhop is a legend in the game and has done some great things throughout the years. there is no denying that he will be a first ballot hall of famer. the thing is...he's waaay past his best. his victory over pascal was nothing short of amazing. his fight with dawson....not the stuff that legends are made of. he needs to stop with the fake shoulder injury stuff. he cashed his check. it cleared. no one was fooled by that b.s. he pulled in the ring faking injury. now he's sparring in january!? yeah...ok...i'm not buying the shoulder injury at all. are u? let's hear it.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 8 2011, 05:26 PM) *
first and foremost...let me state that bhop is a legend in the game and has done some great things throughout the years. there is no denying that he will be a first ballot hall of famer. the thing is...he's waaay past his best. his victory over pascal was nothing short of amazing. his fight with dawson....not the stuff that legends are made of. he needs to stop with the fake shoulder injury stuff. he cashed his check. it cleared. no one was fooled by that b.s. he pulled in the ring faking injury. now he's sparring in january!? yeah...ok...i'm not buying the shoulder injury at all. are u? let's hear it.

Never did, never will.
BrutalBodyShots
I think he injured his shoulder - to what degree I have no idea.

I see no reason that Hopkins would have quit at that stage in the fight if he wasn't injured. If it was round 10 or 11 and he was way behind in the fight or getting beaten up maybe, but he had barely even warmed up yet. The first round was a feeling out round for both guys; nothing significant happened. Hopkins starts out lots of his fights that way. Even if you gave Dawson the first round, shit even the first 3 rounds who cares... Hopkins has shown in fights in the past (Taylor and Pascal come to mind) that he can give away early rounds while feeling out/adjusting to speed only to come on and mug his opponent late.

What's the purpose of him giving up so early? It doesn't make sense to me.

mgrover
theres nothing wrong with that, hell thats even slow and is to be expected from an old man. of course you all know better than a qualified doctor. ive dislocated my shoulder, i was sparring in a month, yes i was going crazy but that didnt mean i couldnt throw a meaningful punch. yes dislocation is different from seperation, it is involves a lot more pain. ive known several rugby players that have seperated the ac joint, they were back in action in 2-3 months, yes it was light training but it was still physical and enough to strain the ac joint. so tell me daprofessor, what you professor in? cause i doubt its medicine.

daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 8 2011, 05:57 PM) *
I think he injured his shoulder - to what degree I have no idea.

I see no reason that Hopkins would have quit at that stage in the fight if he wasn't injured. If it was round 10 or 11 and he was way behind in the fight or getting beaten up maybe, but he had barely even warmed up yet. The first round was a feeling out round for both guys; nothing significant happened. Hopkins starts out lots of his fights that way. Even if you gave Dawson the first round, shit even the first 3 rounds who cares... Hopkins has shown in fights in the past (Taylor and Pascal come to mind) that he can give away early rounds while feeling out/adjusting to speed only to come on and mug his opponent late.

What's the purpose of him giving up so early? It doesn't make sense to me.

to avoid the loss.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2011, 07:45 PM) *
theres nothing wrong with that, hell thats even slow and is to be expected from an old man. of course you all know better than a qualified doctor. ive dislocated my shoulder, i was sparring in a month, yes i was going crazy but that didnt mean i couldnt throw a meaningful punch. yes dislocation is different from seperation, it is involves a lot more pain. ive known several rugby players that have seperated the ac joint, they were back in action in 2-3 months, yes it was light training but it was still physical and enough to strain the ac joint. so tell me daprofessor, what you professor in? cause i doubt its medicine.

i've dislocated/seperated my shoulder. it's a common injury in boxing. i've had my should examined too many times to count and i can tell you that there is really nothing that indicates your shoulder has been seperated in an xray unless it is still seperated at the time of the xray. all a doctor can go on is what the patient says. i didn't believe he injured his shoulder in that fight. watching the replay of how he went down a million times...there's nothing there that indicates he seperated his shoulder. he pulled the ultimate con job on the public in that one imo. professor of boxing. smile.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 8 2011, 09:17 PM) *
to avoid the loss.

Being unable to continue GAVE HIM A LOSS. lol did you forget that part?

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 8 2011, 09:23 PM) *
he pulled the ultimate con job on the public in that one imo.

And what do you base that opinion on? What prior evidence do you have of Hopkins ever pulling a "con job" ? Why would he do it in this fight before facing any adversity? It just doesn't make sense.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 9 2011, 02:23 AM) *
i've dislocated/seperated my shoulder. it's a common injury in boxing. i've had my should examined too many times to count and i can tell you that there is really nothing that indicates your shoulder has been seperated in an xray unless it is still seperated at the time of the xray. all a doctor can go on is what the patient says. i didn't believe he injured his shoulder in that fight. watching the replay of how he went down a million times...there's nothing there that indicates he seperated his shoulder. he pulled the ultimate con job on the public in that one imo. professor of boxing. smile.gif

while that is true the torn muscle shows up on an mri wink.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 9 2011, 12:54 AM) *
And what do you base that opinion on? What prior evidence do you have of Hopkins ever pulling a "con job" ? Why would he do it in this fight before facing any adversity? It just doesn't make sense.

exhibit A:

he's done it before.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 9 2011, 05:57 AM) *
while that is true the torn muscle shows up on an mri wink.gif

yes it does. i have not seen anything on a mri to prove that for him though.
daprofessor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 9 2011, 09:38 PM) *
exhibit A:

he's done it before.

at 4:15 the crowd begins to shout...."bullshit-bullshit-bullshit!!!" classic!!! laugh.gif

u can fool some of the ppl some of the time...but u can't fool all of the ppl all of the time.
anthonyaccurate
daprofessor
please dude...

u ain't no bhop fan, u the same dude who was always pulling out
the 1st Allen fight as some kind of criticism, waaaay before the Dawson fight.
u might be fooling the others here who don't frequent other message boards, but this is nothing new from you
get some new material, u even embedded the Allen fight for your new "audience" here
at fighthype. GTFO hater...

again btw he destroyedAllen in the rematch and dominated in the third fight, so
what's your point? why didn't he foul out either of the Taylor fights, since u can obviously
read his mind/body language?

and now u readin MRIs? y'all wasting time with this, hes just projecting his long held hate....
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 10 2011, 11:41 AM) *
at 4:15 the crowd begins to shout...."bullshit-bullshit-bullshit!!!" classic!!! laugh.gif

u can fool some of the ppl some of the time...but u can't fool all of the ppl all of the time.

lol I am not a fan of bhop, I never liked his cheating tatics that they now label veteran moves.
History shows us that when Hopkins is uncomfortable he bails. Him fighting at his age is the only thing amazing but his style not so great.
Good post...

An if he (Daprofessor) feels cheated out his money or has his doubts about bhop, whats the problem?
Thats what sports is about, voicing your opinion and liking whoever YOU like lol.

Any who bhop needs to cut the shit an give Dawson his rematch or hang em up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Dec 9 2011, 11:02 PM) *
daprofessor
please dude...

u might be fooling the others here who don't frequent other message boards, but this is nothing new from you
get some new material, u even embedded the Allen fight for your new "audience" here

what's your point? why didn't he foul out either of the Taylor fights, since u can obviously

and now u readin MRIs? y'all wasting time with this, hes just projecting his long held hate....

laugh.gif
mgrover
mris or not, i'll believe the doctors over you. maybe you feel cheated out of your money, but the question is and it will always be for me, why did dawson pick him up, no matter what am blaming him. just aint right.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2011, 07:43 PM) *
the question is and it will always be for me, why does Dawson have all of that money, but his teeth are still running all over each other?

There you go Grover...I fixed it for you laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 9 2011, 09:38 PM) *
he's done it before.

So you dug back 13 years to show a clip of the ref pushing Hopkins out of the ring as evidence that he's faked an injury before? You serious?
streetlion1
Look...bottem line is he went to the doctor and had a seperated shoulder....there is nothing anyone has to "buy". Unless you think he paid off the doctor which is bullshit. The man just beat a young lion in Pascal twice...who knows what the outcome of the Dawson fight would have been but to say he faked an injury to get out of that fight is just downright disrespectful to a legend like B-Hop. Also it was Dawson that said in his bitch ass wanna be Tyson voice that he didnt want to fight Hopkins again.

He has been written off by people his whole career....now watch if the Bute fight happens he'll dominate Bute then what will people say???
daprofessor
QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Dec 9 2011, 11:02 PM) *
daprofessor
please dude...

u know me from other boards? don't hide behind an alias.

i'm not a bhop nuthugger. i've been a critic for sometime because i recognize the b.s. that's not hate. it's callin it like i see it. smile.gif

daprofessor
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Dec 9 2011, 11:58 PM) *
lol I am not a fan of bhop, I never liked his cheating tatics that they now label veteran moves.
History shows us that when Hopkins is uncomfortable he bails. Him fighting at his age is the only thing amazing but his style not so great.
Good post...

An if he (Daprofessor) feels cheated out his money or has his doubts about bhop, whats the problem?
Thats what sports is about, voicing your opinion and liking whoever YOU like lol.

Any who bhop needs to cut the shit an give Dawson his rematch or hang em up.

exactly! thank u. smile.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2011, 07:43 PM) *
mris or not, i'll believe the doctors over you. maybe you feel cheated out of your money, but the question is and it will always be for me, why did dawson pick him up, no matter what am blaming him. just aint right.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i haven't seen shit from any doctor. i'll i've seen is bhop mentioning doctors.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 11 2011, 03:02 AM) *
So you dug back 13 years to show a clip of the ref pushing Hopkins out of the ring as evidence that he's faked an injury before? You serious?

are u serious? lil' mills lane shoved big ass bhop out of the ring? that was an acting job of the highest caliber. there were some similarities to the dawson fight as well.

notice how when bhop tries to get dirty....allen gets dirty with him? same thing chad did and u could see in bhops eyes that he knew what he was in for...hence faking the injury.
daprofessor
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 11 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Look...bottem line is he went to the doctor and had a seperated shoulder....there is nothing anyone has to "buy". Unless you think he paid off the doctor which is bullshit. The man just beat a young lion in Pascal twice...who knows what the outcome of the Dawson fight would have been but to say he faked an injury to get out of that fight is just downright disrespectful to a legend like B-Hop. Also it was Dawson that said in his bitch ass wanna be Tyson voice that he didnt want to fight Hopkins again.

He has been written off by people his whole career....now watch if the Bute fight happens he'll dominate Bute then what will people say???

he avoided dawson for years. faking injury came as no surprise to me. if he avoids dawson again in favor of bute...i won't be watching.
streetlion1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 12 2011, 04:53 PM) *
he avoided dawson for years. faking injury came as no surprise to me. if he avoids dawson again in favor of bute...i won't be watching.

He didnt fake the injury...did the doctor "fake" his report as well?? Hate on Bernard all you want...but facts are facts....it was Dawsons bitch ass that said he didnt want to fight B-Hop again...Dawson should worry about avenging the ass whoopin Pascal gave him. B-Hop has nothing to prove to anyone...to think that he would fake an injury especially that early in a fight where no one was landing or doing anything is rediculous.

Bottem line...it was a bitch move by Dawson...first reaching around and grabbing Bernards leg and then lifting him up and tossing him to the mat out of fustration...the fight is either a no contest or a DQ win for Bernard.
daprofessor
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 12 2011, 06:09 PM) *
He didnt fake the injury...did the doctor "fake" his report as well?? Hate on Bernard all you want...but facts are facts....it was Dawsons bitch ass that said he didnt want to fight B-Hop again...Dawson should worry about avenging the ass whoopin Pascal gave him. B-Hop has nothing to prove to anyone...to think that he would fake an injury especially that early in a fight where no one was landing or doing anything is rediculous.

Bottem line...it was a bitch move by Dawson...first reaching around and grabbing Bernards leg and then lifting him up and tossing him to the mat out of fustration...the fight is either a no contest or a DQ win for Bernard.

wow. those are some venom filled words there. it's not hate. i'm calling it like i see it. bhop is a self managed fighter who has pulled to wool over the public's eyes for quite some time. apparently, he's done the same to u. i can't say that i blame dawson for not wanting to fight bhop again. gbp and hopkins made it no secret that they did not want to fight dawson in the first place. schaefer said so publicly after the pascal fight. and for the record...dawson was on his way to stopping pascal who was coming apart like a cheap suit before the doctor stepped in and saved him. i find it funny that u have a hard time believing that a guy who openly cheats during fights would fake an injury to avoid a loss. dawson was there to fight. it's hopkins who faked injury to get out of it. again, a doctors report is only going to state what bhop tells him. unless there is an x-ray which shows the dislocation/separation or an mri...i'm not buying it.
daprofessor
http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/79537/Ch...l-Fight-Boxing/

check the 8 min mark. he ran the same game...fakes injury...beats the canvas...then goes on to say how "chad was looking for a way out." he said the same about allen in their first fight. similarities....both southpaws were being aggressive. hopkins wasn't having his way...listen to the commentary from bobby czyz in the first fight. bobby thinks it was an acting job too. max kellerman brings up the fact that bhop acted in the calzaghe fight trying to get favor. this is what bhop does. no coincidence that the audience in both situations were yelling..."bullshit-bullshit-bullshit!!!" i didn't see the rjj rematch...but i heard he did the same thing in that one. i'll try and find the video.
mgrover
funny how hopkins an ex con is still treated like a convict..i guess haters gonna hate...
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 12 2011, 05:51 PM) *
are u serious? lil' mills lane shoved big ass bhop out of the ring? that was an acting job of the highest caliber.

Hopkins was off balance when Lane pushed him. Lane being a small guy has nothing to do with it. A 3 year old girl could push over a grown man if the grown man is way off balance. And it wasn't the push that hurt him obviously, it was the fall. These are simple concepts.

Hopkins wasn't sustaining any damage from Dawson prior to the end of the fight. He had no reason to quit. If he was getting worked in there you'd have some evidence to support your claim but he wasn't. In the post fight interview he said he thought the fight was going to be ruled a NC due to his inability to continue, and if it was made clear to him he would receive a loss he would have fought on with 1 hand.
daprofessor
bottom line...i don't believe the man. that takes nothing away from his accomplishments and has absolutely nothing to do with hate. i've rooted for him several times and i actually picked him to beat several opponents. i'm just calling it like i see it.
BrutalBodyShots
That's fine, so long as you realize there's no point in quitting in a fight prior to facing adversity. Basically you've got no evidence to support your opinion, but you are correct you're entitled to whatever opinion you come up with. It's like when guys pick a 20-1 underdog to win a fight, and asked why they made that pick they say "it's just a gut feeling I have." No evidence to support the opinion, but go with what you feel.

wolterb
LOL^

that's what does not make sense to me. it happened so early, and I didn't see one thing that was happening that coulda worried hopkins THAT much.
iKeNjiro
lol peoples logic is so far gone it's unbelievable and funny at the same time.

When I 1st got here Pacquiao was heavily favored by members I no longer see
Lol wonder where they went?
But Pac had all these outrageous demands an no problems
Floyd asks for testing an now he's avoiding a fight an making ALL THE RULES? lol

Hopkins is KNOWN to be a dirty fighter
Maybe he did really injure himself but like the boy who cried wolf who believes it?
Question when has Dawson ever cheated? lol not ever
when has he used dirty tactics? Not ever
he's respectable for the most part, quite an boring lol not a cheater so
Again the logic doesn't add up to me
thus making me worry about the future

He has a right as a fan not to trust or believe Hopkins
thats his right, doesn't make him a hater
Man that word is over used an then mis-used a lot
mgrover
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Dec 14 2011, 04:21 AM) *
lol peoples logic is so far gone it's unbelievable and funny at the same time.

Question when has Dawson ever cheated? lol not ever
when has he used dirty tactics? Not ever

heres the funny thing we saw him cheat against hopkins.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 15 2011, 12:44 AM) *

and the beautiful thing is that's your opinion...an guess what? your entitled to it

Mines is he looked for a way out...an tried his dirty tactics an it back fired or he faked it...either way LAME on his part...so grant the re-match an shout my mouth
doubt he does that though...
mgrover
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Dec 15 2011, 11:51 AM) *
and the beautiful thing is that's your opinion...an guess what? your entitled to it

Mines is he looked for a way out...an tried his dirty tactics an it back fired or he faked it...either way LAME on his part...so grant the re-match an shout my mouth

no see its not an opinion. believe this or not it is a FACT. since picking someone up and flooring them is against boxing rules, it falls under the category of cheating. this isn't open to interpretation and opinion, its a fact.

since your other post states that a rematch is next, I doubt Hopkins will vacate his title to Dawson, he knows how insecure Dawson is about his abilities. It was funny, Hopkins said he would bring the best out of Dawson, but instead he brought out the worst.
vivessiozy
Post edited for spam...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 9 2011, 10:38 PM) *
exhibit A:

he's done it before.

LOL!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 13 2011, 05:06 PM) *
That's fine, so long as you realize there's no point in quitting in a fight prior to facing adversity. Basically you've got no evidence to support your opinion, but you are correct you're entitled to whatever opinion you come up with. It's like when guys pick a 20-1 underdog to win a fight, and asked why they made that pick they say "it's just a gut feeling I have." No evidence to support the opinion, but go with what you feel.

i do have evidence. it might be considered circumstantial in a real court but this isn't a court of law though...it's the court of public opinion. his behavior in this fight was similar to his behavior in other fights where ppl thought the man was acting. he did and said the same things in both the dawson and allen 1 fights. sometimes fighters know before they step foot in the ring when it's not their nite. hopkins understands this business better than most and knows what a loss would do to his pay scale. controversy will hit his pockets far less than an embarrassing loss. whatever the case....the wbc has ordered the rematch. hopkins and his ppl have stated in the past that they did not want the match in the first place saying "dawson is a boring fighter blah,blah,blah.." well...it looked to me like dawson was pressing the action in a similar fashion that allen was in their first fight. dawson now wants the rematch. he said he didn't before. will bhop take it? i seriously doubt it, but if he does...maybe he can silence me and the rest of the critics who believe he conned the public in his last outting?
daprofessor
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 13 2011, 10:14 PM) *
LOL^

that's what does not make sense to me. it happened so early, and I didn't see one thing that was happening that coulda worried hopkins THAT much.

i don't expect casual fans to understand or read body language the way that fighters/trainers do. ask a fighter or a trainer what they think about that fight. most that i have spoken to see it the way that i do.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 14 2011, 10:44 AM) *

we? i didn't see dawson cheat. i saw a man laying on his back and he threw him off. typical response from a fighter.
daprofessor
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Dec 15 2011, 06:51 AM) *

exactly. well said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.