Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Kirkland vs Carlos Molina Jan. 28 HBO
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein
It's Official like a ref with a whistle. James "The Mandingo Warrior" Kirkland will face off against tough, unheralded, and avoided Carlos Molina on January 28th on HBO.

James Kirkland who has just came off his biggest win in his career in a 6 round thriller against the always hard hitting Mexican Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo who Kirkland stopped in the 6th round.

Molina who has put on some impressive wins against the likes of Kermit Cintron, Ed Paredes, and arguably gave the ultra talented Erislandy Lara his first lost. Since these recent performances it has been hard for Molina to get any decent live opponent since most in his division either are looking over him or are turning away from him.

This fight will surely have some action and a win for Kirkland further puts him closer for his contention in what would be his first title fight. A win for Molina will unmistakably have more of the top contenders in his division avoiding him or bigger opportunities for him.

What's your thoughts?
daprofessor
good fight!!! it's about time molina got a fight! it should be tough...i'll be pulling for my fellow chicagoan!!!
bnoles4life
LOL @ Kirkland's moniker being the "Mandingo Warrior". There's probably a shit load of women that feel some type of way when they hear that name. LOL
checkleft
These are very good fights.. new dude at hbo is trying to start off strong
Cheesey1
Agreed, definitely a good scrap. I'm going to be all crazy and contrarian and pick Molina because technically he's good enough, physical enough and I don't think that he'll be at all scared of Kirkland, which means that he can take advantage of Kirkland's wild and crazy ways. Of course I could be proven wrong (I'm not sure who I picked in Kirkland vs. Angulo, but I think that Kirkland proved me wrong against Angulo, but I dare him to prove me wrong twice - you hear me Kirkland!!)
Cshel86

Fuuuuuck!!! If I hear this dude's name one more time, I swear! Kirkland's name and his deranged fans totally fucked up the radio show last night (for anyone who tuned in). I almost threw up and shit my pants in the same motion.

This dude is nothing to talk about. War Molina!!! Drop this dude on his ass, so we can forget about him for a while. Kirkland puts on good fights, but Im just not board with him, sorry...chin is too suspect.

War Molina!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Fuuuuuck!!! If I hear this dude's name one more time, I swear! Kirkland's name and his deranged fans totally fucked up the radio show last night (for anyone who tuned in). I almost threw up and shit my pants in the same motion.

This dude is nothing to talk about. War Molina!!! Drop this dude on his ass, so we can forget about him for a while. Kirkland puts on good fights, but Im just not board with him, sorry...chin is too suspect.

War Molina!!!

i was never really high on him and he's looked like shit since before he was ko'd by ishida. but seriously, he didn't impress u in that fight with angulo? i was thoroughly impressed! i thought he was going to lose...but the way he weathered the storm in the first round and turned that thing around!!! amazing!!! i'd like to see him avenge his loss to ishida if he can get by molina. he's going to have a short career...but he should make for some exciting fights while he lasts.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 8 2011, 09:28 PM) *
i was never really high on him and he's looked like shit since before he was ko'd by ishida. but seriously, he didn't impress u in that fight with angulo? i was thoroughly impressed! i thought he was going to lose...but the way he weathered the storm in the first round and turned that thing around!!! amazing!!! i'd like to see him avenge his loss to ishida if he can get by molina. he's going to have a short career...but he should make for some exciting fights while he lasts.

As far as the Angulo fight, he had no choice but to pull that victory off. If not, then he would've surely be forgotten about for a long time. The first round was impressive because of the knockdowns and huge punches landed, but Kirkland is waaay too much of a sucker for a right hand, and that makes him vulnerable in many ways. With that said, imagine him fighting a guy like Ortiz (assuming he takes his power u to 154) who has power in both hands, but predominantly in his left...Kirkland would be up shit creek, hands down.

What will he gain from rematching and destroying Ishida? If Ishida doesn't do anything else right in his career, he's done enough by derailing Kirkland's career, giving him his first loss, and create doubt in the mind of Kirkland's fans. Guys continue to make excuses for him (not you), but the fact is, his chin is just terrible...he can give it, but he cant take it worth a damn. I will still watch him fight, but I wouldn't bet the house on him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2011, 11:54 AM) *
As far as the Angulo fight, he had no choice but to pull that victory off. If not, then he would've surely be forgotten about for a long time. The first round was impressive because of the knockdowns and huge punches landed, but Kirkland is waaay too much of a sucker for a right hand, and that makes him vulnerable in many ways. With that said, imagine him fighting a guy like Ortiz (assuming he takes his power u to 154) who has power in both hands, but predominantly in his left...Kirkland would be up shit creek, hands down.

What will he gain from rematching and destroying Ishida? If Ishida doesn't do anything else right in his career, he's done enough by derailing Kirkland's career, giving him his first loss, and create doubt in the mind of Kirkland's fans. Guys continue to make excuses for him (not you), but the fact is, his chin is just terrible...he can give it, but he cant take it worth a damn. I will still watch him fight, but I wouldn't bet the house on him.

that's my whole point. win or lose, he's fun to watch. i don't bet on the fights too much. i enjoy them more that way. smile.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 9 2011, 09:45 PM) *
that's my whole point. win or lose, he's fun to watch. i don't bet on the fights too much. i enjoy them more that way. smile.gif

+1

Its just hard to put him up there against the elite fighters, though I wish we could. Some fighters can take a loss and move forward, but unfortunately, some dont. As you said, his career is going to be a short one, and I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 8 2011, 05:54 PM) *
LOL @ Kirkland's moniker being the "Mandingo Warrior". There's probably a shit load of women that feel some type of way when they hear that name. LOL

I smiled. But then again what is in a nickname. With a name like that you better be able to back it up

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2011, 09:10 PM) *

War Molina!!!

I like Kirkland I don't know why. I will be watching this fight only because of Anne Wolf... She scares that living crap out of me, I am interested if she can have her fighter adjust in the middle rounds. Now if Ann Wolf were fighting Molina I would bet all my money that she would beat Molina and Kirkland in the same night and take their girls after the fight....lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 10 2011, 01:52 PM) *
I smiled. But then again what is in a nickname. With a name like that you better be able to back it up

I like Kirkland I don't know why. I will be watching this fight only because of Anne Wolf... She scares that living crap out of me, I am interested if she can have her fighter adjust in the middle rounds. Now if Ann Wolf were fighting Molina I would bet all my money that she would beat Molina and Kirkland in the same night and take their girls after the fight....lol

You smiled? See how easy it is? You blow it off by saying "whats in a nickname", but go on to say that "with a nickname like that, you better be able to back it up". laugh.gif I bet you're still pondering too...Im sure Kirkland has knocked down a few flat-backers with the nickname alone! Im sure he's well exceeded a thousand (thanks to the traveling part of his job)!

I like Kirkland as fighter too, he's just entertaining to say the least, but I wouldn't out too much mustard on it and say that he has skill and all. Im sure Anne Wolf has enjoyed the luxuries of Kirkland's groupies, so to speak. James doesn't seem like a selfish guy laugh.gif

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 10 2011, 04:10 PM) *
You smiled? See how easy it is? You blow it off by saying "whats in a nickname", but go on to say that "with a nickname like that, you better be able to back it up". laugh.gif I bet you're still pondering too...Im sure Kirkland has knocked down a few flat-backers with the nickname alone! Im sure he's well exceeded a thousand (thanks to the traveling part of his job)!

I like Kirkland as fighter too, he's just entertaining to say the least, but I wouldn't out too much mustard on it and say that he has skill and all. Im sure Anne Wolf has enjoyed the luxuries of Kirkland's groupies, so to speak. James doesn't seem like a selfish guy laugh.gif

Looks have to count for something and that is where that nickname means 0. Kirkland is no Chris Paul (you thought I was going to say Floyd).
Anne Wolf is married with a son (HBO did a piece that was very good. She has a lot of anger!) so I do not think she would cheat, women hardly cheat (lol).

Kirkland has a nice skill set, it isn't the best but he could build on it. After he went to prison he could of just screw it, I will do the thug life thing. Instead he went back to his trainer and stayed focused and won a title. That takes great heart and determination to do. Which is one of the reasons why I like Kirkland as a fighter, he slipped but dusted his knees off and kept striving for his goal. I respect that. And he has a dope nickname rolleyes_anim.gif
wolterb
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 8 2011, 05:01 PM) *
These are very good fights.. new dude at hbo is trying to start off strong

for sure - kirkland and molina are comin off of big wins, too. promoters coulda gotten away with putting em' both in with chucklehead opponents in their next fights. good match that makes sense
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 10 2011, 04:29 PM) *
Looks have to count for something and that is where that nickname means 0. Kirkland is no Chris Paul (you thought I was going to say Floyd).
Anne Wolf is married with a son (HBO did a piece that was very good. She has a lot of anger!) so I do not think she would cheat, women hardly cheat (lol).

Kirkland has a nice skill set, it isn't the best but he could build on it. After he went to prison he could of just screw it, I will do the thug life thing. Instead he went back to his trainer and stayed focused and won a title. That takes great heart and determination to do. Which is one of the reasons why I like Kirkland as a fighter, he slipped but dusted his knees off and kept striving for his goal. I respect that. And he has a dope nickname rolleyes_anim.gif

Ha! Please! If a dude "has it like that", then yall dont care about looks. Yall can just "try to change" his appear, like yall "try to change" everything else to fit yall's liking. Good try though laugh.gif I must have missed that segment that they did, the only one I saw the one on Real Sports...and Im almost sure that her husband must be either super dooper masculine or he's a pansy...no happy medium there...he's either one or the other.

Its easy to get out of jail and continue a career that doesn't involve a person fitting the corporate requirements. Recording artists, fighters, and Hollywood folks get that second chance at life after big mistakes...doesn't always work that way in the real way. So yes, it was either back to the ring for more paydays, or the streets. I will continue to watch him fight, but his chances of being a boxing star may be limited, not just because of the Ishida loss.

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 10 2011, 06:28 PM) *
for sure - kirkland and molina are comin off of big wins, too. promoters coulda gotten away with putting em' both in with chucklehead opponents in their next fights. good match that makes sense

+1

They could've easily been put back in there with some ground's keeper, sanitation employee, or taxi-cab driver.
wolterb
lol, ground's keeper
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 10 2011, 09:05 PM) *
Ha! Please! If a dude "has it like that", then yall dont care about looks. Yall can just "try to change" his appear, like yall "try to change" everything else to fit yall's liking. Good try though laugh.gif I must have missed that segment that they did, the only one I saw the one on Real Sports...and Im almost sure that her husband must be either super dooper masculine or he's a pansy...no happy medium there...he's either one or the other.

Its easy to get out of jail and continue a career that doesn't involve a person fitting the corporate requirements. Recording artists, fighters, and Hollywood folks get that second chance at life after big mistakes...doesn't always work that way in the real way. So yes, it was either back to the ring for more paydays, or the streets. I will continue to watch him fight, but his chances of being a boxing star may be limited, not just because of the Ishida loss.

+1

They could've easily been put back in there with some ground's keeper, sanitation employee, or taxi-cab driver.

CShels do not judge me. Peterson would be then after midnight guy. I will explain that later: I hope he makes it I really do. We have enough tragic stories. Anne Wolf's wife looks like my 5th grade PE teacher. She is built! She has a muscles in her eyebrows! Anne Wolf is married to a woman. Anne has I think two children before she became a lesbian, she trains her daughter. She was raped as a child and that is why she said her anger comes from plus she was locked up too. Really interesting segment... War Peterson!
xxxxxx
Kirkland is a Very Exciting boxer and Great for the sport! I enjoy watching all his fights and he has the tools to make it intersting in the 154 division.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 10 2011, 09:48 PM) *
Kirkland is a Very Exciting boxer and Great for the sport! I enjoy watching all his fights and he has the tools to make it intersting in the 154 division.

Cant argue with that...I just dont wanna see him with anything other than tailor-made opposition, or slightly competitive ones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.