Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fighter took a dive!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
I didn't think this happened anymore but apparently it still goes down. Dude should be banned from the sport. No amount of money should be worth one's dignity.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...9#ixzz1fzJiFl1d
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Miguel Rivera

As reported on Wednesday, former champion Tomas Rojas denied recent allegations that he took a dive against Jorge Arce in their bout which took place in September 2007 in Las Vegas. Mexican newspaper Notiver published an interview where a writer printed quotes from Rojas, claiming the boxer told him that he took a dive in exchange for 100 thousand pesos and television exposure.

Rojas is alleged to have told the reporter that he accepted the money and could have easily beaten Arce that night. Arce stopped Rojas in six rounds after a shot to the body.

However, Rojas initially denied making those comments to reporter Pedro Munoz Zamudio, who the boxer claimed fabricated the information.

"The reporter started asking me about the fight between Marquez and Pacquiao. Then he asked me about my fight with Arce and told me it was fixed. I said no. I do not know why he wrote that. What that guy [wrote] is a vile lie," Rojas told Sal Rodriguez.

But, in a shocking twist, Rojas told XEU Deportes that he did make those comments to the reporter, but told him the quotes were "off the record" and "not to publish" any information related to the Arce fight.

"I was being honest. Yes I did tell him that but I asked him not to publish the comments. A reporter must have ethics.

After the latest chapter of this controversy, the president of the federal district boxing commission (CBDF), Rafael Herrera, announced that his office is going to conduct an investigation into the matter. He said there will be consequences for any guilty parties involved.

There are those who doubt Rojas' story because ringside observers said Arce's shot to the body was hard and picture perfect. Herrera's office will be reviewing video of the fight and speaking to those involved with the fight.
bnoles4life
Man, another DLH thread?...oops...my bad.
Sunni6Killer
"A reporter must have ethics" laugh.gif

He must've been desperate for the 100K pesos, he went toe-to-toe with Arce for 6 rounds, kind of risky.
If he took a dive, he did piss poor job. He got dropped with a nice body shot, gets up at nine, Arce backs him too the rope hits him a couple times, and Cortez jumps in to stop it.
Either all three were on the take or Rojas is full of sh*t.
See for yourselves.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Dec 8 2011, 06:52 PM) *
"A reporter must have ethics" laugh.gif

He must've been desperate for the 100K pesos, he went toe-to-toe with Arce for 6 rounds, kind of risky.
If he took a dive, he did piss poor job. He got dropped with a nice body shot, gets up at nine, Arce backs him too the rope hits him a couple times, and Cortez jumps in to stop it.
Either all three were on the take or Rojas is full of sh*t.
See for yourselves.

Yeah he pulled a De La Hoya.
Cshel86
Yeah he looked like he caught most of that body shot on his elbow dntknw.gif I could be wrong though.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Yeah he looked like he caught most of that body shot on his elbow dntknw.gif I could be wrong though.

Nah, your're right. That was a phantom body shot.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 8 2011, 08:08 PM) *
Nah, your're right. That was a phantom body shot.

He just went down a bit too willingly...looked like a wrestling move gone wrong...not to the point that someone seriously gets hurt, but to the point that it makes the shit look like a clown show laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2011, 08:12 PM) *
He just went down a bit too willingly...looked like a wrestling move gone wrong...not to the point that someone seriously gets hurt, but to the point that it makes the shit look like a clown show laugh.gif

Yup yup!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2011, 09:12 PM) *

Kinda like DLH, the Mexican-American Ru Paul of boxing??? LOL.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 9 2011, 02:37 PM) *
Kinda like DLH, the Mexican-American Ru Paul of boxing??? LOL.

laugh.gif

You pretty much decked that one Noles...no need for to add on! Oscar has done himself no favors with his out-of-ring fetishes...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2011, 03:43 PM) *
laugh.gif

You pretty much decked that one Noles...no need for to add on! Oscar has done himself no favors with his out-of-ring fetishes...

No doubt. He can save an orphanage of kids from a burning fire and when the kids have gotten to safety, someone would be like, "did you just save those kids w/ fishnets underneath?"
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 9 2011, 05:37 PM) *
No doubt. He can save an orphanage of kids from a burning fire and when the kids have gotten to safety, someone would be like, "did you just save those kids w/ fishnets underneath?"

That would definitely be a "twix moment" for Oscar, being the fact that he would have to look down and realize that he had those fishnets on the whole time! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.