Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:Peterson vs. Khan (Postfight)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Cshel86
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 11 2011, 12:45 AM) *
Both are dumb!

+1

QUOTE (Genius @ Dec 11 2011, 12:46 AM) *
Last note, safe to say Khan can't hang at 147 with the elite...dude lacks real power and he is chinny. Hell Mike Jones might beat him.

+1

No power at all...Peterson was open in some parts of the fights for power punches, and where were they? Exactly! Pitty Pat punches...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 12:47 AM) *
I am cooler than an ice cap, do not be a hater because your reebok chic's stay in back to the fight

The trainer for Peterson was great. He did a great great job. He inspired Lemont and stayed on his ass and he kept at him!

Freddie Roach seemed confused Ariza did a good job with keeping Khan's eye swell down. I just think there was no plan B for Khan. He did not expect Lamont to fight back.

+1
Cshel86
Let me see what space cadet is gonna open up a spoiler thread laugh.gif...its bound to happen...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 12:41 AM) *
Box, dont listen to me, Im drunk laugh.gif

Its not outta the question laugh.gif

Exactly! He should fight Maidana and lose...so Khan wont wanna go anywhere near those titles laugh.gif

LOL ok then.
pimpfighterROQ
Damn what an upset. Khan thought he'd get a gift decision like his idol Pac LOL.

But looking at it differently, I can see Roach is slipping with his job. He has no plan B. Peterson said he friggin had 3 plans. Same with Pacquiao vs Marquez. Once their gameplan wasn't working, he had no fucking instructions on how to adjust the fighter. The fighter was left to adjust on his own and we saw how well that was with Pacquiao.

Roach/Ariza are on a roll with losses...Linares, Pacquiao (yeah he lost and you know it), that Cavenoh guy that had a draw on the undercard, and now Khan.

I have a new nickname for boxing this year...YEAR OF THE EXPOSED!!

yeah I'm talking to you

Manny Pacquiao
Amir Khan
Freddy Roach
Alex Ariza
Bob Arum
Victor Ortiz
Miguel Cotto
De la Hoya
Bernard Hopkins

...may year 2012 be a better year for all of you
Box in Hand
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Dec 11 2011, 01:04 AM) *
Damn what an upset. Khan thought he'd get a gift decision like his idol Pac LOL.

But looking at it differently, I can see Roach is slipping with his job. He has no plan B. Peterson said he friggin had 3 plans. Same with Pacquiao vs Marquez. Once their gameplan wasn't working, he had no fucking instructions on how to adjust the fighter. The fighter was left to adjust on his own and we saw how well that was with Pacquiao.

Roach/Ariza are on a roll with losses...Linares, Pacquiao (yeah he lost and you know it), that Cavenoh guy that had a draw on the undercard, and now Khan.

yeah I'm talking to you

Manny Pacquiao
Amir Khan
Freddy Roach
Alex Ariza
Bob Arum
Victor Ortiz
Miguel Cotto
De la Hoya
Bernard Hopkins

I agree with all this here right here expect that about my nooka B-Hop.
Aware
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Dec 11 2011, 02:04 AM) *

yeah I'm talking to you

Manny Pacquiao
Amir Khan
Freddy Roach
Alex Ariza
Bob Arum
Victor Ortiz
Miguel Cotto
De la Hoya
Bernard Hopkins

Not really bro. Khan fought a tough opponent and just barely came up short, he'll probably win the rematch. We've seen Pacquiao struggle before against Marquez. Victor still got some great fights left in him. If anybody exposed him it was Maidana, but he came back hard against the undefeated Berto. Miguel Cotto just beat his nemesis. How can Hopkins be exposed this late in his career? Roach is already a hall a fame trainer. De La Hoya... you got me here!
Seek
Right on the money baby! What did i say? PETERSON BY SD. Where are my props!? Thank you, you can pm me next time u wanna win big!

Ok for real now. Khan seriously won this shit. Even with the point deductions he clearly won. The ref is a disgrace like ive never seen before. Complete sham and should be suspende. Peterson fought hard but you were given a gift lamont. Thank the ref for that buddy.
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 11 2011, 01:06 AM) *
I agree with all this here right here expect that about my nooka B-Hop.

yeah maybe he didn't belong there, hence I listed him last. But he disappointed me with that Dawson fight. But thats just my opinion.
Aware
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 02:12 AM) *
Right on the money baby! What did i say? PETERSON BY SD. Where are my props!? Thank you, you can pm me next time u wanna win big!

Ok for real now. Khan seriously won this shit. Even with the point deductions he clearly won. The ref is a disgrace like ive never seen before. Complete sham and should be suspende. Peterson fought hard but you were given a gift lamont. Thank the ref for that buddy.

WTF how was the ref bad? He warned Khan multiple times about pushing before taking the point. When he called break on Khan in the 12th after the push, Khan first looked at the ref, then turned around and uppercutted Peterson with a sucker punch. The knockdown in the first round was not legit, however, I must admit it was a tough call.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Dec 11 2011, 01:16 AM) *
yeah maybe he didn't belong there, hence I listed him last. But he disappointed me with that Dawson fight. But thats just my opinion.

I'm upset with him too so we're on the same page with that one.
Cshel86
Khan has to go back to his Hello Kitty planner and come up with somethin' laugh.gif
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 11 2011, 01:11 AM) *
Not really bro. Khan fought a tough opponent and just barely came up short, he'll probably win the rematch. We've seen Pacquiao struggle before against Marquez. Victor still got some great fights left in him. If anybody exposed him it was Maidana, but he came back hard against the undefeated Berto. Miguel Cotto just beat his nemesis. How can Hopkins be exposed this late in his career? Roach is already a hall a fame trainer. De La Hoya... you got me here!

Yeah but Khan was heavily favored in this fight. Once again people who do this odds favorite are wrong. His chin is still questionable to me. As for Cotto, he boxed great but Margarito still tagged him with his unplastered wraps. That win didn't seem that dominating as much as people wanted it to be. De la hoya testified this year that his lingerie pics were true..
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 01:12 AM) *

+1

I'll give you this one Seek. I ALMOST sig bet you on this fight in favor of Khan, just because. Again, good prediction...
pimpfighterROQ
I agree that the bowtied black KFC with the big pants ref sucked ass.

Fight would've been different with a proper ref.

Oh well, not bad for the last big fight of 2011.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Dec 11 2011, 01:27 AM) *
I agree that the bowtied black KFC with the big pants ref sucked ass.

Explain this to me...Im just curious...
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 01:30 AM) *
Explain this to me...Im just curious...

LOL i don't know, it is what flashed in my mind when I saw his big boy pants. Don't mind me, just had my 4th beer.
BoxingEinstein

What a fucking fight!!! Another goodnight of boxing. Excellent showing gentlemen..very good. This is what will help propel and cleanse the sports image and perception.

I for one thought and always thought this was going to be a hard fight for Khan. Peterson is in between a counterpuncher and boxer puncher as his style relies on body attacks and counters. Smothering Khan onto the ropes and digging him with uppercuts and body hits was a nice tactic since Khan's inside game is average. Khan also did well by relying on his foot speed, hit and run movements, and using his reach. It wasn't enough because of Petersons ability to take a punch, his reach, style, and the gameplan Barry had was a smart one. Not to mention they had more than one gamplan and Khan plus co. looked out of touch a bit.

This fight could have gone either way but I believe Peterson deserved the win and landed more punches than Khan did especially the ones that were harder. Peterson derailed the Mayweather vs Khan fight a bit but I can see it still happening since Peterson isn't no pushover. Congrats to Peterson and Khan needs to stop bitching''that damn ref aka "Fat Man Pants" should have deducted more points than the ones he deducted minus that one that he called all late.

This was a very good fight and if Maidana would have hit Khan with more bodyshots in their fight I predict Khan wouldn't have had the legs he had in the later rounds which Petersons' plan was based on. You get all your power from your legs, take down the body then you have a weak support.

This is the 2nd biggest upset of the year next to Pac vs JMM 3....Roach won't get that award...and this has been another excellent night of boxing...damn very close fight...but I give it to Peterson since Khan got deducted (should have had more) points, was mostly running and holding. Yep, this fight will be the blueprint on how to beat Khan.

Khan stay away from Mayweather...you and Pac are nowhere near ready for the best counter puncher of our era. #nuffsaid
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Dec 11 2011, 01:33 AM) *
LOL i don't know, it is what flashed in my mind when I saw his big boy pants. Don't mind me, just had my 4th beer.

laugh.gif
BoxingEinstein

Peterson would give Khan a rematch...Good..I would pay to see that fight again. Great night of boxing I expect Roach and Ariza to give Khan more than one gameplan that time around because if not then Khan will get taxed even more using them same amature tactics again. Good fight from both.
Cshel86
Khan may just move up to WW, I forgot he lost his titles tonight. He could try to avenge that loss, which Im sure he will.
Seek
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 11 2011, 02:19 AM) *
WTF how was the ref bad? He warned Khan multiple times about pushing before taking the point. When he called break on Khan in the 12th after the push, Khan first looked at the ref, then turned around and uppercutted Peterson with a sucker punch. The knockdown in the first round was not legit, however, I must admit it was a tough call.

Get outta here with the bullshit man. He was a disgraceful washington dc hometown referee who was more than happy to allow lamont to do whatever the hell he wanted and quickly penalize khan. A 12th round point deduction for pushing? Give me a break! This win means nothing for peterson and an immediate rematch better damn well be issued and the referee suspended. Bitch ass couldnt even give an interview. What a punk
Cshel86
Gosh! Im watching it again, and Lampley had the worse man-crush of 2011. Kellerman was the only one who had some sense of what was going on tonight...so let's see how long he can keep his job with that "anti-nuthugging" attitude laugh.gif
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 01:47 AM) *
Khan may just move up to WW, I forgot he lost his titles tonight. He could try to avenge that loss, which Im sure he will.

Against who? With questionable chin like that? I say on with the rematch then fight Bradley. And then move up to Welterweight. He still has fights left in 140
logicalThinker
At the end of the day Peterson is the new champ khan will win the rematch but forsuree hes out for May 5th
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Dec 11 2011, 01:54 AM) *
Against who? With questionable chin like that? I say on with the rematch then fight Bradley. And then move up to Welterweight. He still has fights left in 140

At this point, I dont know what to believe. To my knowledge, Khan is not able to make the weight (that effectively). He does have a questionable chin, which Lamont couldn't test because he lacked punching power, but oh well.

He still has a few fights, but he may cry for this rematch, though he may not get it. If not, then what should he do? Move up or cry about it? I believe he will cry about it, THEN move up laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 02:54 AM) *
Gosh! Im watching it again, and Lampley had the worse man-crush of 2011. Kellerman was the only one who had some sense of what was going on tonight...so let's see how long he can keep his job with that "anti-nuthugging" attitude laugh.gif

Merchant had the worst quote "The 99% fighter against the 1% fighter" It was sad.

Well now what happens in the Mayweather Sweepstakes?

The May 5th undercard could be

Broner vs. Dargan
Seth Mitchell (he is a fellow scorpio so he is my new favorite fighter) vs. Chris Arreola
Mayweather vs. ____________

Freddie did not have a plan B and neither did Khan. Those body shots were getting to Amir. If Lamont had any punching power it would of been over. Lamont needs to work on his conditioning because he tired out towards the end. What made the fight so close was the Amir started running. he never stood toe to toe with Peterson. Peterson had him against the ropes and touched him up. The fight could have been called a draw but the home town kid got the win

"I can see why boxing hasn't been in DC for 20 years" shut up Khan!
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 02:52 AM) *
Get outta here with the bullshit man. He was a disgraceful washington dc hometown referee who was more than happy to allow lamont to do whatever the hell he wanted and quickly penalize khan. A 12th round point deduction for pushing? Give me a break! This win means nothing for peterson and an immediate rematch better damn well be issued and the referee suspended. Bitch ass couldnt even give an interview. What a punk

Like Kellerman said, if the same thing happen overseas then what? The call was questionable but at the same time it was an egregious one. The ref did warn Khan several times. I blame Khan, if he would of prepared for the fight and not been hanging on mayweather's gloves then he would of been focused. He over looked his opponent. He was not expecting Peterson to actually fight. Remember Roach, Ariza and Khan said that were going to knock Peterson out in the 4th round? What happen? Khan could not adjust and Freddie had no idea what to tell him. It was a bad night and month for the wild card gym.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 02:22 AM) *
+1

I'll give you this one Seek. I ALMOST sig bet you on this fight in favor of Khan, just because. Again, good prediction...

Thanks man i appreciate that. There should be an immediate rematch. Khan didnt deserve that. Even tho im not a big fan, hes a true champ and did enough for the win. As far as Peterson, good to see he got a taste of being world champ but he could have had a solid impressive win tonight. I was pumped the first half but slowly he let the fight slip away. The rematch is gonna be tough to call
Cshel86
The ref was just dumb on his own terms laugh.gif Before the start of the 6th, he told Peterson's corner, "delay my fight again, Im going to deduct a point". He KEPT warning Khan about the pushing/elbows.

He was also warning Peterson about a few things. We just saw Pacquiao Jr. come up short tonight, but, like some of us said, the fight could've gone either way.
Seek
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 03:07 AM) *
Like Kellerman said, if the same thing happen overseas then what? The call was questionable but at the same time it was an egregious one. The ref did warn Khan several times. I blame Khan, if he would of prepared for the fight and not been hanging on mayweather's gloves then he would of been focused. He over looked his opponent. He was not expecting Peterson to actually fight. Remember Roach, Ariza and Khan said that were going to knock Peterson out in the 4th round? What happen? Khan could not adjust and Freddie had no idea what to tell him. It was a bad night and month for the wild card gym.

At the end of the day lamont won because of two point deductions for pushing. Thats some weak ass shit right there. I dont care what if it was in europe or if it was mayweather being given a gift or elbowing or whatever other bullshit. The ref gave peterson a fine home cooked dinner tonight. D.C. ref disgraced the boxing world. The wins means jack shit until he can prove he can win without the help of a hometown ref. Cant even call him a ref for that matter
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 03:16 AM) *
At the end of the day lamont won because of two point deductions for pushing. Thats some weak ass shit right there. I dont care what if it was in europe or if it was mayweather being given a gift or elbowing or whatever other bullshit. The ref gave peterson a fine home cooked dinner tonight. D.C. ref disgraced the boxing world. The wins means jack shit until he can prove he can win without the help of a hometown ref. Cant even call him a ref for that matter

Seek I have to disagree with you. Khan was deducted a point, he should of stopped pushing after that. The ref could had pulled back but guess what? Khan should not made the fight that damn close. He played with Petersona and thought the guy was not going to show up. Khan did not train for a fight, he trained to look good and it showed. He ran most of the times and did not lay Peterson out. He had no plan b for Peterson and what is worse his corner had no plan B. Ariza did kill the swelling on Amir's eye but other than that Roach nor Khan could adjust to what Peterson did. The ref did do take away a point but he Khan was fighting in Peterson's own backyard so he had to lay Peterson out and he did not. Instead he ran and looked to he ref for help. Khan fought a very stupid fight.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 02:16 AM) *

The fucking ref deducted Khan for 2 points? and your upset over that? did you watch the fight? Khan was doing that tactic of pushing Petersons head down and elbowing him because his inside game sucks and Peterson was giving him some great bodyshots that affected Khan. If the ref warns you not to do it more than once then what do you expect him to do turn a blind eye to it like Russel Mora did with that Mares vs Agebeko fight? No, its in the rules of boxing for if a ref warns you more than once about an illegal tactic it is up to them to penalize you. Lamont deserved the win and landed more shots than Khan but it was a very close fight so I will be paying for the rematch and I hope they do it in Vegas.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 02:10 AM) *
Thanks man i appreciate that. There should be an immediate rematch. Khan didnt deserve that. Even tho im not a big fan, hes a true champ and did enough for the win. As far as Peterson, good to see he got a taste of being world champ but he could have had a solid impressive win tonight. I was pumped the first half but slowly he let the fight slip away. The rematch is gonna be tough to call

There should be an immediate rematch, but Im sure Lamont will try and make his money with those titles before he gives Khan a rematch. I dont know how long Peterson's reign will last, but let's enjoy it while it lasts. He will have to fight "world class" opposition due to the obligation behind those titles. Good post...
Cshel86
Did anybody notice how Khan didn't throw an uppercut the whole night until he started getting caught with 'em?
checkleft

Idk what fight you were watching. Khan was clearly using his elbows/forearms and pushing off. It is illegal, and by I believe round 4 the ref was tired of warning him over and over again and CLEARLY said this is your last warning. And the ref was letting it get rough in there, other than a missed trip on the knockdown and a few pushes and a fairly visible low blow on petersons part he did a very good job.

I thought the fight was great though back and fourth good action, I thought the decision was fair. To me it could have been a draw or SD either way. I personally had Khan up but I think it was round 10 and 9 I said were toss ups.

Really good fight though, happy for lamont, but I'm also happy that Khan got his for looking past Peterson.
Talking about the winner of berto ortiz, rios, and mayweather like the shits in stone.
Aware

Did you even read what I wrote? What about the sucker punch when the ref called break????????? That definitely deserves a point deduction even in the 12th round. That punch would have knocked down many fighters. Step up your fucking arguing game son cuz you're looking dumb.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 01:52 AM) *

QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 11 2011, 02:33 AM) *
Did you even read what I wrote? What about the sucker punch when the ref called break????????? That definitely deserves a point deduction even in the 12th round. That punch would have knocked down many fighters. Step up your fucking arguing game son cuz you're looking dumb.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I love it!!!
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 11 2011, 03:25 AM) *
The fucking ref deducted Khan for 2 points? and your upset over that? did you watch the fight? Khan was doing that tactic of pushing Petersons head down and elbowing him because his inside game sucks and Peterson was giving him some great bodyshots that affected Khan. If the ref warns you not to do it more than once then what do you expect him to do turn a blind eye to it like Russel Mora did with that Mares vs Agebeko fight? No, its in the rules of boxing for if a ref warns you more than once about an illegal tactic it is up to them to penalize you. Lamont deserved the win and landed more shots than Khan but it was a very close fight so I will be paying for the rematch and I hope they do it in Vegas.

+1

Lamont did not land more tho
But he was on some mayweather type accuracy and landed I think it was only 4 punches less.
Khan could have easily won that fight with more accurate punches but he could not gain any respect from lamont his shots were sloppy and had no pop. I think roach has some trouble teaching patience to his fighters... If that can even be taught.
Good fight. The ref did solid job in a scrappy fight and instead of criticizing he should be credited.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 11 2011, 02:33 AM) *

laugh.gif THIS...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2011, 02:41 AM) *
+1

Lamont did not land more tho
But he was on some mayweather type accuracy and landed I think it was only 4 punches less.
Khan could have easily won that fight with more accurate punches but he could not gain any respect from lamont his shots were sloppy and had no pop. I think roach has some trouble teaching patience to his fighters... If that can even be taught.
Good fight. The ref did solid job in a scrappy fight and instead of criticizing he should be credited.

I watched the fight...I have dvr....Peterson landed more..he threw less but landed more than Khan...don't trust compubox stats all the time...i thought Pac vs JMM 3 would teach you that
checkleft
Very true.

But even on the bloated compubox, Khan (hbos guy) ended up looking bad.
Seek
Now all the mayweather dick riders wanna call a dude out on 'illegal' moves. Just because he can hide it better dont mean it aint illegal to shove ur forearm/ elbow into a dudes face. Lol please come see me when you wanna know who will win a fight and why cause clearly you cant undeestand whats going on in the ring before OR after a fight. Lamont won cause the other guy pushed him. Talking to all ofbyou who dont think the d.c. joke of a ref fucked this fight up. Get in line putos lol
checkleft
Where's the line start.
Aware
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 04:03 AM) *
Now all the mayweather dick riders wanna call a dude out on 'illegal' moves. Just because he can hide it better dont mean it aint illegal to shove ur forearm/ elbow into a dudes face. Lol please come see me when you wanna know who will win a fight and why cause clearly you cant undeestand whats going on in the ring before OR after a fight. Lamont won cause the other guy pushed him. Talking to all ofbyou who dont think the d.c. joke of a ref fucked this fight up. Get in line putos lol

LOL you still haven't addressed the (illegal) sucker punch. When did anyone mention Mayweather? Besides the subtle reference in my first sentence here.
Seek
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 11 2011, 03:25 AM) *

Ill give you that. Khan cant fight for shit on the inside or backing up which i mentioned in my prediction. Lots of fighters hold the others head down and lots of fighters put there elbow in and push fighters off of them. Its a fight. It happens. Our beloved mayweather does all of those things. Its just a shame that a foreign champ like khan gets called out on everything in the book in the opponents hometown by a hometown ref. Coincidence? I dont fuckin think so! Lol
checkleft
Mm.. no line. Figured

Rule of thumb in the ring is, the ref warns you a couple times then quit that shit. Personally I've never had a problem with that but some other guys can be hard of hearing.

Khan didn't help himself, his fault. Dudes are always crying about something

I would love to see a rematch but I hope Peterson gives him the same treatment he gave Maidana and Prescott
Seek
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2011, 04:38 AM) *
Mm.. no line. Figured

Rule of thumb in the ring is, the ref warns you a couple times then quit that shit. Personally I've never had a problem with that but some other guys can be hard of hearing.

Khan didn't help himself, his fault. Dudes are always crying about something

I would love to see a rematch but I hope Peterson gives him the same treatment he gave Maidana and Prescott

Well different scenario considering khan clearly beat maidana. At least on the cards where as peterson would have lost on all 3 cards had the ref not been such a disgrace. How is the prescott rematch relevant? Prescott alrdy won by ko thats not even a comparison

A real ref like in the cotto margo 2 fight would have shut the hell up and let the boys fight. Cotto did plenty of pushing. Not a word was said. Let the fighters figure that shit out.
boxingthefan
very close fight. couldve gone either way. a rematch must happen.
sduck
I didn't agree with the point deductions, just like I didn't agree with the knockdown. It was a close fight that could of went either way. I felt Khan should of won by one round maybe. I definitely didn't expect them to give it to Peterson. I was like, "They're going to give it to Khan anyways, that's what Boxing is about." And then, "...and New!" I literally jumped out my seat in shock. Man, I feel sorry for Khan, his career will go down hill from here. He has no big payday shot against Floyd Mayweather now, damn dude, shit happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.