Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:Peterson vs. Khan (Postfight)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
sduck
Looks like Freddie Roach's fighters are falling apart. First Linares, then Pacquiao (though granted), and now Khan. Things are not looking good for them at all.
Jack 1000
I had Khan 7-5 in rounds, but with those points off, would have to watch again. The one point early was marginally OK, because Khan did push off with the elbow. The second was not OK. I was not even sure if the ref took a point in the 12th, or just gave as Kenny Bayless would say, a hard warning.

I thought the KD call was legit.

Jack
NathanJassi90
I had Peterson winning by a few rounds, without even considering the point deductions as I look for quality not quantity. He landed the cleaner shots and had the more effective work rate. Most of Khan's punches were blocked by the gloves or hitting shoulders. There's no doubt in my mind that Peterson deserved this. The ref did a great job, he warned Khan time and time again about pushing down. Khan also threw a punch in the middle of a break, which was another dirty tactic. It seems to me that Khan doesn't know what to do when he's being pressurised, other than run and throw a non-effective combo. He has no defence and even Peterson's jab was rocking his head back. Now everyone can see through the media hype.
Dlac
good fight i had it going either way..i knew i was goin be a good one once i seen how close they were in size and how khan was looking past him...khan shouldnt even let the fight fall into the jugdes hand even if it went to khan he still would of lost in my eyes... let him fight berto and get knocdked the fuck out
mitukczuk
I am so glad Khan lost this fight. I had it a draw though, with both fighters fighting a really close fight. Khan boxed and moved, Lamont boxed and hit.
I hope Khan will learn from this and stops being such an arrogant douche.

He does not deserve a chance to be in the same ring as Money May, not yet. He has done nothing and Floyd does not fight fighters with loss in their last fight (At least in his last few fights I think). So he has to fight and win to be even thinking about Mayweather. I hate how he has become relevant only because he mentioned Floyd in few of his interviews.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 11 2011, 07:53 PM) *
I am so glad Khan lost this fight. I had it a draw though, with both fighters fighting a really close fight. Khan boxed and moved, Lamont boxed and hit.
I hope Khan will learn from this and stops being such an arrogant douche.

He does not deserve a chance to be in the same ring as Money May, not yet. He has done nothing and Floyd does not fight fighters with loss in their last fight (At least in his last few fights I think). So he has to fight and win to be even thinking about Mayweather. I hate how he has become relevant only because he mentioned Floyd in few of his interviews.

yea I'll pretty much just +1 this...
welcome to the forums by the way
BigFightFan
For the people crying foul read below

1. Manny was giving the victory over Marquez for being the aggressor. Peterson was pressing the fight and landing hard shots to the body and head. Khan was trying to keep him off using pitty pat combos which were not effective.

2. The ref actually gave instructions to fight out and stop holding, which I appreciate. Most ref's stop the action but this makes you fight out of the clinch so +1 4 him

3. Khan lost those points because he couldn't fight Peterson on the inside and those body shots did not taste we'll at all.

Although I wouldn't have been upset if khan got the decision, it was a tough fight to score. It seem the judges favored the aggressor in this one
JONdaCON817
Top Rank is losing fighters... Haha. Fucc Arum. Next is Chavez. And if Arizas job was in danger before... Lol. Arum lost another cash cow tonite. Time for the Wild Card to stocc bacc up on the PEDs again. Lol
JONdaCON817
I called the Shyt outta this fight too! God I'm good!... I'm feeling 100% this year.

Dare I say my boy SOG kos Froch! Someone quote me!
Allmenjoi8
What is next for King Khan?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Dec 11 2011, 08:42 AM) *
Top Rank is losing fighters... Haha. Fucc Arum. Next is Chavez. And if Arizas job was in danger before... Lol. Arum lost another cash cow tonite. Time for the Wild Card to stocc bacc up on the PEDs again. Lol
Not sure if you're referring to Khan as being Arum's boxer, he isn't, he's with Golden Boy, he just has the same training team as Pacquaio, but different promoter. Trainers work for the boxer and not for the promoter which is why Ariza should be okay. IMO, Khan's loss had nothing to do with his fitness levels so he shouldn't even be looking in Ariza's direction. Now if he wants to change the head trainer i.e. Roach, that's a different story, because I thought that Peterson had a better strategy, but I don't think that he will as Roach is essentially a good trainer, not the best, but still good.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 11 2011, 08:03 AM) *
Not sure if you're referring to Khan as being Arum's boxer, he isn't, he's with Golden Boy, he just has the same training team as Pacquaio, but different promoter. Trainers work for the boxer and not for the promoter which is why Ariza should be okay. IMO, Khan's loss had nothing to do with his fitness levels so he shouldn't even be looking in Ariza's direction. Now if he wants to change the head trainer i.e. Roach, that's a different story, because I thought that Peterson had a better strategy, but I don't think that he will as Roach is essentially a good trainer, not the best, but still good.

Yeaa not Khan but that was my bad for rambling in the same post. Lol

As for Khan, I don't think he should move up to WW, he'd turn into Malignaggi at that weight, 0 punching power. And he looked a lot faster while training then he did come fight night.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 09:00 AM) *

Waking up!
JONdaCON817
BTW i scored the fight a draw 113-113... but that was without the point deduction in the 12th which wouldve made it 113-112 Peterson.. i wasnt sure either if it was a point deduction or a hard warning... i dont think he took a point away in the 12th....

if i was Peterson ide rematch Prescott... let Peterson defend it once, then rematch with Peterson, possibly in the UK or at a neutral site.. then we can talk about moving up, but if i were him ide want to avenge my losses...

what i wanna know is who Peterson will be defending against?... Maidana? Soto? Rios? maybe the winner of Berto/Ortiz after that.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 11 2011, 08:48 AM) *
Waking up!

a very rude awakening... LMAO
BoxingStill#1
BACK FROM THE CARRIBEAN!......

Beautiful week in boxing..

DC STAND UP!
un01
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 09:00 AM) *

order ppv and watch floyd fight sergio or canelo
mgrover
funny looking at khans face and then looking at petersons face, i think a lot of people here are biased as since in the whole build up everyone was like oh yeah we want peterson to win and he got his gift.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 11 2011, 04:04 AM) *
I didn't agree with the point deductions, just like I didn't agree with the knockdown. It was a close fight that could of went either way. I felt Khan should of won by one round maybe. I definitely didn't expect them to give it to Peterson. I was like, "They're going to give it to Khan anyways, that's what Boxing is about." And then, "...and New!" I literally jumped out my seat in shock. Man, I feel sorry for Khan, his career will go down hill from here. He has no big payday shot against Floyd Mayweather now, damn dude, shit happens.

I didn't agree with the last point deduction, but the first one was dead obvious. I was wondering how many times the ref was gonna warn Khan for the elbow/forearm/push that he was doing, and I was wondering when Khan was gonna go to plan B.

I had NO IDEA that they were gonna give it to Peterson, and was thinking, C'mon, they wont give it Peterson...besides, who are they pushing to be the next star in boxing, Khan or Peterson?" When the decision was made, I almost dropped my damn drink! At this point, how far will Peterson go with the titles?

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 11 2011, 04:07 AM) *
Looks like Freddie Roach's fighters are falling apart. First Linares, then Pacquiao (though granted), and now Khan. Things are not looking good for them at all.

+1

Not a good year for "Wild Card Wombats" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 11 2011, 04:23 AM) *
I had Khan 7-5 in rounds, but with those points off, would have to watch again. The one point early was marginally OK, because Khan did push off with the elbow. The second was not OK. I was not even sure if the ref took a point in the 12th, or just gave as Kenny Bayless would say, a hard warning.

I thought the KD call was legit.

Jack

I definitely have to watch it again. Khan was the "King of all Elbows" last night. Im wondering why they couldn't hire another ref, to begin with. I hate to see refs that I've never seen before. With that fucked up haircut he had, Im positive that I haven't seen him before laugh.gif

He did take a point in the 12th, but I scored the last round even because Peterson didn't do much to hold onto the point advantage.

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 11 2011, 11:02 AM) *
BACK FROM THE CARRIBEAN!......

Beautiful week in boxing..

DC STAND UP!

What a cunt! Sure Box, just rub it in! laugh.gif Mind sharing some pics of those Carribean lovelies? You dont appear to be a selfish guy, so I'll wait for this one laugh.gif

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 11 2011, 11:27 AM) *
funny looking at khans face and then looking at petersons face, i think a lot of people here are biased as since in the whole build up everyone was like oh yeah we want peterson to win and he got his gift.

I believe most overlooked Peterson, to be honest.
Cshel86
Im just amazed at the fact that Khan no had answers for Peterson when he changed his game plan up. Khan ran most of the time, used those pitty pat combinations, mocked Pacquiao, complained, and so forth. Notice, he hardly even used his uppercut, but after Peterson started using his uppercut...then comes Khan with his sloppy uppercut.

Dont get me wrong, Khan was landing, but he had that, "I wasn't expecting this" look on his face most of the fight. Khan has been fighting shot fighters and stationary fighters, thats it. I was actually pulling for him to be the next big thing, because I was so pissed at the other fighters at 140 for fucking up the division as a whole. Im just glad the bitch lost last nite...his pride got in the way and he fought dirty. Dude can no longer Khan the public, he was exposed last night. Lampley's man-crush killed me last night nono.gif

"Big Pants" (the ref) was a disgrace to say the least, and he looked like he was missing a chromosome or two. I mean really, this dude was officiated 36 (37 now) world title fights, and Im wondering how those fights went. Khan made it his business to try and be the ref all night long, instead of fighting...and Peterson had his moments with it as well.

One knockdown was called, thats fine, it looked a bit weird, but I can deal with it. Points shoud've only been deducted once for the pushing, after that, some hard warnings should've been issued before the last point was deducted. Peterson puts his head in your chest, and goes crazy while fighting inside, thats how its done. I dont remember seeing Lamont lead with his head, but I will have to check back into that.

Khan cant cry about shit tonight, because Cortez saved his ass a few times in the Maidana fight, especially when he got hurt, then he took a point away from Maidana at some point of the fight. Its safe to say that Amir looked past Lamont last night and was too damn focused on his next few big fights. Khan was even quoted saying that he isn't worried about Peterson's hometown edge, now he wants to cry robbery. Go figure. He shouldn't even cry "robbery" for this fight, especially after that "rob you blind" offer that he tried Peterson with recently.

From what I remember, Khan wanted to fight Peterson in the UK for a ridiculous purse split. Basically, Lamont was only going to get around $300k, no UK money, and Khan was gonna get the rest of the split of which I believe was $1.25M (dont quote me on that purse amount). It gets worse, in the contract, Khan had a rematch clause in it, in the event that he lost. Guess what it was...yep, another stiff one in the ass with no vaseline.

The rematch would've been in the UK, the new WBA champ (Peterson) would've had to face Khan again for the same $300k that he fought for the first time. BULLSHIT! We wonder why Lamont walked away the first time. From what I understand, he should've been getting a bigger split of the money than he did in the initial fight, especially if he took the belt from Khan.

Does anybody see Roach's condition getting worse? no2.gif It was hard to watch last night...
checkleft
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 04:54 AM) *
Well different scenario considering khan clearly beat maidana. At least on the cards where as peterson would have lost on all 3 cards had the ref not been such a disgrace. How is the prescott rematch relevant? Prescott alrdy won by ko thats not even a comparison

A real ref like in the cotto margo 2 fight would have shut the hell up and let the boys fight. Cotto did plenty of pushing. Not a word was said. Let the fighters figure that shit out.

Um that ref was hand picked to give cotto an advantage..
It sounds like someone misses cortez

I'm just saying you aren't going to get a ref that's on your side every fight.
As a fighter Khan does not know how to adjust, he should have stopped pushing he already had a point deducted then ref was still warning him over and over again.

Khan should really consider not moving up. If lamont walks through his punches and does some damage without really jabbing imagine what a guy like ortiz would do.
Seek
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2011, 02:23 PM) *
Um that ref was hand picked to give cotto an advantage..
It sounds like someone misses cortez

I'm just saying you aren't going to get a ref that's on your side every fight.
As a fighter Khan does not know how to adjust, he should have stopped pushing he already had a point deducted then ref was still warning him over and over again.

Khan should really consider not moving up. If lamont walks through his punches and does some damage without really jabbing imagine what a guy like ortiz would do.

Khan doesnt fight on the inside and cant punch going backwards. We all knew that always have. But round for round. Lamont lost and didnt earn shit without the help of a hometown ref. Thats a fact. Poor little monty was being pushed, oh nooo! Lol
wolterb
judging by last night, lamont needs to improve on a couple different skill assets for the rematch and he could knock khan's fucking ass out.
i agree that petersons championship was a d.c. decision. i saw it as a draw considering lamont's well placed power punches, khan's exceptional footwork, lamont's inability to cut off the ring, and khan's borderline fouls. all those things balanced out and made it a competitive and great fight.

all that said, if lamont increases his stamina, learns how to effectively cut off the ring, and improves his inside-game...khan will go down and i guarantee it. whenever peterson got khan on the ropes he did significant damage. lamont's eye got swollen, from what i saw, by following khan around the ring and not cutting his path off. khan swallowed some life altering punches on those ropes.

what a good fuckin fight.

khan showed me that his feet are his primary asset and they are quick...but if peterson can get him on the ropes without effectively cutting off the ring then khan's confidence is overconfidence. he also showed everyone that his chin isn't nowhere near the porcelain level people claim.
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 11 2011, 02:48 PM) *
judging by last night, lamont needs to improve on a couple different skill assets for the rematch and he could knock khan's fucking ass out.
i agree that petersons championship was a d.c. decision. i saw it as a draw considering lamont's well placed power punches, khan's exceptional footwork, lamont's inability to cut off the ring, and khan's borderline fouls. all those things balanced out and made it a competitive and great fight.

all that said, if lamont increases his stamina, learns how to effectively cut off the ring, and improves his inside-game...khan will go down and i guarantee it. whenever peterson got khan on the ropes he did significant damage. lamont's eye got swollen, from what i saw, by following khan around the ring and not cutting his path off. khan swallowed some life altering punches on those ropes.

what a good fuckin fight.

khan showed me that his feet are his primary asset and they are quick...but if peterson can get him on the ropes without effectively cutting off the ring then khan's confidence is overconfidence. he also showed everyone that his chin isn't nowhere near the porcelain level people claim.

Wolterb, I usually agree with you with no questions asked, but today will be one of the few times that I will ever disagree. You are absolutely right about Peterson needing improvement on a few skill assets, I agree, he needs to not only do it for a possible Khan rematch, but for all comers since he's the champ now. He was somewhat unable to cut off the ring, but thats a hard thing to do when a guy is running and back peddling the whole fight laugh.gif

Khan gets credit from me for being able to take Peterson's shots, had that anybody else, he would've really been trying to avoid them...more like the way he did in the Maidana fight. So, that goes to let you know that he didn't respect Peterson's power from jump, but he was surprised by the accumulation and Lamont's ability to land punches around his gloves.

Khan's footwork was unacceptable, period, point blank. He was throwing punches and his feet weren't planted half the time, to say the least. It was obvious from the second round on. He fought like a frustrated Pacquiao...off balance, frustrated at times, terrible footwork, and moments of desperation. His feet were terrible last night, and I've seen them a bit better (not the best), but he used them to run all night. He did throw borderline fouls the whole night, and that elbow assistance along with some terrible balance on Lamont's part, helped that KD that was actually counted.

Now we see how Khan performs against true boxers. Now we see how Linares looks against guys who can take his punches and outlast him. And Pacquiao just had a bad year against guys who looks good surviving and guys that are actually patient enough to box and counter punch. This all equals a bad year for the "Wild Card Wombats"...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 08:00 AM) *

Sounds like an immediate Peterson rematch.

Jack
Watkins73
This was the best match I have seen in awhile. The kind of fight that makes you stand up and move closer to the TV. If you take away the KD that was obviousley was a slip/fall and take away the pushing fouls that makes it a draw right?
On another note, I was glad to see amir get exposed because he talks as if he is a top p4p boxer. To say that he can beat Floyd and Floyd would duck him now looks like complete foolishness.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 11 2011, 04:08 PM) *
Sounds like an immediate Peterson rematch.

Jack

Thats what makes sense right about now. It wouldn't make sense for Khan to go on and fight another challenging fight, with no titles, and no guarantee of making another step to the top. Imagine him going on to fight a Matthysse and losing...where would Khan be ranked then?

He's at that point of his career where he's expected to win and go on to be the big star, so he cant take any wild chances, but last night's events put him in a compromising position. If Peterson declines an immediate rematch, then Khan's left either twiddling his thumbs or sitting on them. Khan let too much happen last nite (allowing Peterson to get off, and giving away rounds).
Allmenjoi8
Khan reminds me of a guy who bought a girl a drink at the bar, the girl thanked him for the drink and danced once with him. Instead of getting the message the guy keeps harrassing the girl and begs her for another dance!

Khan you lost. Plain and simple. Stop looking thirsty and desperate. Peterson is going to give you a rematch so stop bitching. Next time focus on the fight and not Mayweather and every other guy that you want to fight!

Lamont great fight and you should give your trainer a raise because he really pushed you.

Seth Mitchell fight Chris Arreola! May 5th!
Col Reb
What a robbery! I hope DC never gets a big fight again!
Seek
I saw peterson pushing, holding khan with his left while unloading with the right, was warned multiple times to keep his head up but when poor little lamont is pushed, its point deductions for the brit. Could post a thousand fights of pushing and forearms/elbows being used and the ref knows better not to interfere with a good scrap. Like they say it aint no tickling contest. Its a fight, fuck off with that khan shouldve adjusted bullshit. Any other ref would have known better than to fuck with not only the outcome of a fight but a fighters future over 'pushing.' Clear win for khan ruined by a joke of a ref.
Imperius3
I had it 6-6, or 113-112 for Peterson with the deductions. I didn't like any of the deductions at all. The knockdown in the 1st was bullshit, and the push deductions were petty also.

Khan really needs to work on his infighting. It was terrible watching him have to either frantically run, turn away, hold while still getting hit, cover up while still getting hit, look around, put his hands up, false bravado, push away. I was not impressed with that, and it ultimately cost him. If he isn't going to learn how to infight, then he needs to keep away from the ropes and not let Peterson tee off on him.

It was a good scrap, and I look forward to a rematch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Dec 11 2011, 04:46 PM) *
What a robbery! I hope DC never gets a big fight again!

The problem was, Khan blew it off the whole time and overlooked Lamont. He even quoted that he wasn't concerned about Peterson's hometown edge...as if he knew he was going to blow through Peterson at some point of the fight.

QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 11 2011, 05:07 PM) *
I saw peterson pushing, holding khan with his left while unloading with the right, was warned multiple times to keep his head up but when poor little lamont is pushed, its point deductions for the brit. Could post a thousand fights of pushing and forearms/elbows being used and the ref knows better not to interfere with a good scrap. Like they say it aint no tickling contest. Its a fight, fuck off with that khan shouldve adjusted bullshit. Any other ref would have known better than to fuck with not only the outcome of a fight but a fighters future over 'pushing.' Clear win for khan ruined by a joke of a ref.

Lamont was being told several times to keep his head up, but of course that call was offset by Khan pulling the man's head down...so what can we do? I believe Khan was more so worried about getting even with underhanded stuff, rather than outdoing Lamont with skills. Speaking of skill, Khan didn't have enough to one-up Peterson, so he resulted to running, pitty pat punches, and using that elbow/forearm the whole time...his inside game is trash.

Khan holds EVERYBODY's head down when on the inside, thats a fact, so no need to even argue that point. Most guys plant their heads in another's chest when working on the inside, so Khan needs to get his thumb out of his ass and deal with it. He just isn't used to being tested, so he did a Pac Jr. last night. Think about it in the sense of Pacquiao fights...guys always plan to go in there, go toe-to-toe and try and knock this guy out.

That type of fight is right up his alley, so he gets comfortable and feel that he doesn't need to make many adjustments, if any. When a guy like JMM gets in there and takes him to places that he hadn't planned on, or places that he isn't good at competing in...then we have to hear all of the pissing and moaning. So, Khan has guys in there trying to knock him out (which leads to carelessness), so he gets to exhibit his "skill level" while the other guy looks shitty at failing to knock him out. Go figure.

I definitely disagree with that point being taken in the last round, thats what gave away the fact that Cooper was being a nuthugger. Khan should've adjusted, and I stand by that...since he regards himself as a top fighter. True champions adjust, it doesn't get anu easier than that. Think about all of the shit Pascal got away with in his rematch with Hopkins in Canada.

How many times have we seen Alexander get his ass handed to him in St. Louis, but still won? Hometown misshaps are inevitable, and Khan being the "p4p champ" that he feels he is, he should've known that. Now the bitch wants a rematch in the UK so we can see the same shit we saw last night while he gets revenge and his titles back...go figure.
PColeman28
They're a lot of post so i didn't read anything i'm just gonna give my two cents on the fight.......Lamont has 0 punching power as i mentioned months ago when this fight was announced, he should have dropped Khan with the clean shots he was landing, but that doesn't matter, he landed the shots and scored with them....The Ref was Terrible.....i mean sooooo Terrible.....but the lost is khan's fault the fight was scored 112-113 on two cards and 114-113(in his favor) on another.....khan would have won if it wasn't for the point deductions, but that is very much Khan's fault....If he was dominating and had better defense he would have won convincingly regardless of the point deductions.....yes the ref sucked big balls, but Khan should have never been in the position to let the deductions be the deciding factor in the fight...Period....Khan should go get his belts back in a rematch move up to 147 and fight alexander and go from there.....
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 01:12 PM) *
Im just amazed at the fact that Khan no had answers for Peterson when he changed his game plan up. Khan ran most of the time, used those pitty pat combinations, mocked Pacquiao, complained, and so forth. Notice, he hardly even used his uppercut, but after Peterson started using his uppercut...then comes Khan with his sloppy uppercut.

Dont get me wrong, Khan was landing, but he had that, "I wasn't expecting this" look on his face most of the fight. Khan has been fighting shot fighters and stationary fighters, thats it. I was actually pulling for him to be the next big thing, because I was so pissed at the other fighters at 140 for fucking up the division as a whole. Im just glad the bitch lost last nite...his pride got in the way and he fought dirty. Dude can no longer Khan the public, he was exposed last night. Lampley's man-crush killed me last night nono.gif

"Big Pants" (the ref) was a disgrace to say the least, and he looked like he was missing a chromosome or two. I mean really, this dude was officiated 36 (37 now) world title fights, and Im wondering how those fights went. Khan made it his business to try and be the ref all night long, instead of fighting...and Peterson had his moments with it as well.

One knockdown was called, thats fine, it looked a bit weird, but I can deal with it. Points shoud've only been deducted once for the pushing, after that, some hard warnings should've been issued before the last point was deducted. Peterson puts his head in your chest, and goes crazy while fighting inside, thats how its done. I dont remember seeing Lamont lead with his head, but I will have to check back into that.

Khan cant cry about shit tonight, because Cortez saved his ass a few times in the Maidana fight, especially when he got hurt, then he took a point away from Maidana at some point of the fight. Its safe to say that Amir looked past Lamont last night and was too damn focused on his next few big fights. Khan was even quoted saying that he isn't worried about Peterson's hometown edge, now he wants to cry robbery. Go figure. He shouldn't even cry "robbery" for this fight, especially after that "rob you blind" offer that he tried Peterson with recently.

From what I remember, Khan wanted to fight Peterson in the UK for a ridiculous purse split. Basically, Lamont was only going to get around $300k, no UK money, and Khan was gonna get the rest of the split of which I believe was $1.25M (dont quote me on that purse amount). It gets worse, in the contract, Khan had a rematch clause in it, in the event that he lost. Guess what it was...yep, another stiff one in the ass with no vaseline.

The rematch would've been in the UK, the new WBA champ (Peterson) would've had to face Khan again for the same $300k that he fought for the first time. BULLSHIT! We wonder why Lamont walked away the first time. From what I understand, he should've been getting a bigger split of the money than he did in the initial fight, especially if he took the belt from Khan.

Does anybody see Roach's condition getting worse? no2.gif It was hard to watch last night...

I agree with all that you said. Except Lamont declined Khan and took a fight at a much lower money prize. He fought Victor Cayo for much less than 300k..

Maybe it was a business move, but yeah he declined before. Maybe thats why he's inclined to give a Khan an immediate rematch.

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 02:12 PM) *

I noticed that too. He might have to stop training because he can not even speak clearly and smoothly. When he was trying to give instructions to Khan he was stuttering and could not form a clear direct sentence. Roach should slow down, his lifestyle maybe accelerating the disease.
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 07:52 PM) *
I noticed that too. He might have to stop training because he can not even speak clearly and smoothly. When he was trying to give instructions to Khan he was stuttering and could not form a clear direct sentence. Roach should slow down, his lifestyle maybe accelerating the disease.

I think it's time for Roach to get an assistant trainer. Like Michael Moorer. He can just watch from the sidelines and have Moorer do the mitts for the fighter.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Dec 11 2011, 07:47 PM) *
I agree with all that you said. Except Lamont declined Khan and took a fight at a much lower money prize. He fought Victor Cayo for much less than 300k..

Maybe it was a business move, but yeah he declined before. Maybe thats why he's inclined to give a Khan an immediate rematch.

Hell, wouldn't you have declined that offer as well? That was clearly a BS offer, and any fighter that had some worth about themselves, wouldn't have taken it. Khan put too much mustard on his image and self-proclaimed status in the division. Being a champ means nothing nowadays, since belts are being handed out.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 07:52 PM) *

He should be okay since hes not actually getting hit in the training camps...
pimpfighterROQ
Full fight video on youtube LOL. Watch it or download it before youtube takes it down. A very good fight for my collection of good fights for 2011 so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWF9Tbuzoes
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Hell, wouldn't you have declined that offer as well? That was clearly a BS offer, and any fighter that had some worth about themselves, wouldn't have taken it. Khan put too much mustard on his image and self-proclaimed status in the division. Being a champ means nothing nowadays, since belts are being handed out.

He should be okay since hes not actually getting hit in the training camps...

It is the stress of his job and what it required of him. Parkinson's is a nervous system disorder so if your nerves are constantly stressed what do you think will be the result? Ali does not watch fights anymore (from what I read from his daughter) because it messes with his nerves. You have to be in a stress free environment, so be a trainer is probably hurting him. I think Roach wants the May fight because I do not think he feels he can hang in with the sport, so he too wants to cash out.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 08:14 PM) *
It is the stress of his job and what it required of him. Parkinson's is a nervous system disorder so if your nerves are constantly stressed what do you think will be the result? Ali does not watch fights anymore (from what I read from his daughter) because it messes with his nerves. You have to be in a stress free environment, so be a trainer is probably hurting him. I think Roach wants the May fight because I do not think he feels he can hang in with the sport, so he too wants to cash out.

Sigh...again, you're wrong...why is it that Ali is at most of the big fights if he doesn't want to be in a stress-free environment dntknw.gif
mrchitown
I all ways felt Peterson had the necessary skill set to beat Amir. Khan hasnt really fought opponents who fight back. And when he did he got saved by the ref in his fight with Maidana. I wanted Khan to lose just because his arrogance is unwarranted. He hasn't really done much to talk as much sh*t as he does. I was glad to see the expression on his face when I saw he lost but I had Khan winning 114-111. I scored the last round 9-9 because of that ridiculous point deduction. But after watching the fight again, some of those rounds were very close and could have very well went to Peterson. I think the robbery factor comes I think the real issue is the point deductions. All in all it was a good scrap and I'd love to see a rematch
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2011, 08:25 PM) *
Sigh...again, you're wrong...why is it that Ali is at most of the big fights if he doesn't want to be in a stress-free environment dntknw.gif

I am going off an artcile Lalah Ali said so maybe she is lying.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 11 2011, 09:37 PM) *
I am going off an artcile Lalah Ali said so maybe she is lying.

She may be, cause last time I checked, Ali has been at most of those big fights in Vegas...
neophyte7
LMAO @ khan... he did a DLH ala Tito the whole night.. he is pathethic ... move to welter? who is his ASS GOING TO BEAT? seriously who would want to watch him fight against a credible opponent with power??? he is a running bitch who clearly lost to Peterson. Khan fights like a shoe shining amateur.. stick a fork in his a
leonthegee
First time around I thought Khan won the fight but when I watched it again I changed my mind. I dont have a problem with the point deductions. Khan was using both hands to push off to bail himself out of trouble. Basically using his push as a punch. Learn how to tie up or move to the side. Freakin Buster.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 12 2011, 11:45 AM) *
First time around I thought Khan won the fight but when I watched it again I changed my mind. I dont have a problem with the point deductions. Khan was using both hands to push off to bail himself out of trouble. Basically using his push as a punch. Learn how to tie up or move to the side. Freakin Buster.

+1

Khan was exposed, to say the least. He had nothing to offer, other than running, slapping combinations, complaining, and a bunch of elbow/forearm pushing. It was still a close fight that could've gone either way, but that Khan's fault that the fight was up for grabs anyway.
cuzzo707
Stop pushin Khan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
BigFightFan
I can't wait to see what adjustments khan makes in the rematch. Khan is the better boxer of the 2, but Lamont put it all out there and gave his all.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 12 2011, 03:14 PM) *
I can't wait to see what adjustments khan makes in the rematch.

Let's look for 'em to be roided up and ready! Pacquiao may even wrap Khan's hand for the rematch as well laugh.gif
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2011, 03:26 PM) *
Let's look for 'em to be roided up and ready! Pacquiao may even wrap Khan's hand for the rematch as well laugh.gif

HaHa!!! Khan will have to pay pacquio's vision quest bill before he shares the roids.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.