Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:Peterson vs. Khan (Postfight)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 12 2011, 03:34 PM) *
HaHa!!! Khan will have to pay pacquio's vision quest bill before he shares the roids.

If thats the case, then we're sure to see the same shitty Khan in the rematch laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2011, 04:43 PM) *
If thats the case, then we're sure to see the same shitty Khan in the rematch laugh.gif

Khan is not getting a rematch anytime soon. Peterson needs to capitalize on his brand new fame. There wasn't a rematch clause in the contract which tells you Khan thought he was going to blow past Peterson. If I am Peterson I am telling Khan to either give Maidana or Prescott a rematch and he will fight the winner. Peterson should tell Khan that he has to prove himself in order to get a rematch with the Champ! By the way Amir needs to think about switching up trainers because Freddie Roach did 0 for him. Freddie did not give him any kind of instructions to adjust. Now Peterson's trainer, he inspired me. I am glad I stayed home this past Saturday...
wolterb
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 12 2011, 10:00 AM) *
LMAO @ khan... he did a DLH ala Tito the whole night.. he is pathethic ... move to welter? who is his ASS GOING TO BEAT? seriously who would want to watch him fight against a credible opponent with power??? he is a running bitch who clearly lost to Peterson. Khan fights like a shoe shining amateur.. stick a fork in his a

lol agreed
wolterb
and, CSHEL. no worries old chum. no offense taken.
checkleft
I shouldn't have left this out earlier but lamonts trainer was preaching!!! Great work!

And trevor ariza did a monster job on khans swelling. My days of thinking he is a useless waist of space are over
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 12 2011, 05:52 PM) *
Khan is not getting a rematch anytime soon. Peterson needs to capitalize on his brand new fame. There wasn't a rematch clause in the contract which tells you Khan thought he was going to blow past Peterson. If I am Peterson I am telling Khan to either give Maidana or Prescott a rematch and he will fight the winner. Peterson should tell Khan that he has to prove himself in order to get a rematch with the Champ! By the way Amir needs to think about switching up trainers because Freddie Roach did 0 for him. Freddie did not give him any kind of instructions to adjust. Now Peterson's trainer, he inspired me. I am glad I stayed home this past Saturday...

I dont know about Khan not getting an immediate rematch...Golden Girl Promotions usually gets their way in situations like this, as history shows us. As far as there not being a rematch clause, you would definitely have to show me that, because was a rematch clause in the Khan/Peterson negotiation, which fell through.

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 12 2011, 08:15 PM) *
and, CSHEL. no worries old chum. no offense taken.

Thanks, I feel relieved now laugh.gif

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 12 2011, 08:27 PM) *
I shouldn't have left this out earlier but lamonts trainer was preaching!!! Great work!

And trevor ariza did a monster job on khans swelling. My days of thinking he is a useless waist of space are over

Yeah Barry Hunter is the man, and he holds no punches in that corner. He flipped Lamont's head up so hard after the 11th round laugh.gif He's a bit more patient with Lamont, than hard-headed Anthony. All that hear in the corner during Anthony's fights is, "What's the matter? C'mon man, the jab is whats happening".
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2011, 09:58 PM) *
I dont know about Khan not getting an immediate rematch...Golden Girl Promotions usually gets their way in situations like this, as history shows us. As far as there not being a rematch clause, you would definitely have to show me that, because was a rematch clause in the Khan/Peterson negotiation, which fell through.

If I am Peterson I am fight Alexander next. I would get some quality fights in. No need to rush back to Khan. Khan is still barking that he wants Mayweather. Is this kid serious. Unless he beats Bradley, Prescott, Berto, Ortiz, and who else there is no way that he is getting Mayweather. His foot work stinks May would kill him in the inside and pot shot the kid all night. I think he needs a new trainer. Freddie has way too much on his plate and he is slowing down as you pointed out. He needs to bail on that wild card gym because this year has been a disaster, three bad fights in a row. Not good a good sign. I did not know Alex Ariza worked with Diego Corrales, interesting enough, that was Floyd's best fight. wow.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 12 2011, 05:52 PM) *

It's simple, Peterson should go for the biggest payday in his next fight. I doubt he will be champ for long....
The Original MrFactor
Glad to see someone echo my personal sentiment on this fight. The writer on the front page nails it. The HBO crew was really blatantly horrible this fight. I kept saying that the ref warned Khan several times about the pushing and holding Peterson's head down. Khan fought ugly and didnt have the power to keep Peterson off of him. This fight looked a lot like Cotto/Margarito 1. Lamont kep up the pressure and stalked Khan all night. He deserved to win, because he forced the issue all night. Good fight.
sduck
It was a tough ref. The ref was being anal about moves that most fighters do. What separates Khan from fighters like Bradley or Mayweather is that they try to make it look unintentional, while Khan made it look blatant.

Khan neglected to fight on the inside and chose to stick and move; I'm sure he was aware that Peterson had the advantage on the inside, and he had the advantage to just box him. That's why he chose to fight that way. However, I knew going in he'd get exhausted, by the time they got to the third round, I actually expected Peterson to knock him out eventually. I was surprised Khan held on. It was a very close fight that could of went either way. Peterson got the win because the ref couldn't stand dirty tactics. Khan was given multiple warnings but the 12th round point deduction was a bit uncalled for. I also didn't agree with the knockdown on Peterson, he slipped both times.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 13 2011, 05:00 AM) *
It was a tough ref. The ref was being anal about moves that most fighters do. What separates Khan from fighters like Bradley or Mayweather is that they try to make it look unintentional, while Khan made it look blatant.

Khan neglected to fight on the inside and chose to stick and move; I'm sure he was aware that Peterson had the advantage on the inside, and he had the advantage to just box him. That's why he chose to fight that way. However, I knew going in he'd get exhausted, by the time they got to the third round, I actually expected Peterson to knock him out eventually. I was surprised Khan held on. It was a very close fight that could of went either way. Peterson got the win because the ref couldn't stand dirty tactics. Khan was given multiple warnings but the 12th round point deduction was a bit uncalled for. I also didn't agree with the knockdown on Peterson, he slipped both times.

I agree with you on the knockdowns. Peterson doesnt do himself any favors with his balance. When someone swarms him, he ducks and covers without moving his legs. He gets thrown off balance a little too much for me. i though he had those same issues with Ortiz.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 12 2011, 09:53 PM) *
I did not know Alex Ariza worked with Diego Corrales, interesting enough, that was Floyd's best fight. wow.

How didn't you know that Ariza worked with Corrales,whe you kept bringing up the Mayweather/Corrales fight in another thread? Im just curious...
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 13 2011, 09:11 AM) *
How didn't you know that Ariza worked with Corrales,whe you kept bringing up the Mayweather/Corrales fight in another thread? Im just curious...

Cause I just noticed him, which is why I made that quote. I wasn't sure because he did not have that tattoo on his neck at that time so when I saw the fight again I was like oh, there is Alex Ariza
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 13 2011, 12:58 PM) *
Cause I just noticed him, which is why I made that quote. I wasn't sure because he did not have that tattoo on his neck at that time so when I saw the fight again I was like oh, there is Alex Ariza

Well he was rockin' that bad haircut, like he does nowadays. He even had an interview before the first bell even rang for that fight. Hell, everybody had an interview...Floyd Sr. and Jr., Roger, and Chico. At this point, I will say that you either didn't pay attention or you watched another version without the interviews. Dont worry, I will let you take the easy route as far as covering for yourself.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 13 2011, 01:10 PM) *
Well he was rockin' that bad haircut, like he does nowadays. He even had an interview before the first bell even rang for that fight. Hell, everybody had an interview...Floyd Sr. and Jr., Roger, and Chico. At this point, I will say that you either didn't pay attention or you watched another version without the interviews. Dont worry, I will let you take the easy route as far as covering for yourself.

I watched it on youtube and the video started from the ring announcement Zatoichi.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 13 2011, 05:34 PM) *
I watched it on youtube and the video started from the ring announcement Zatoichi.

I knew you would be smart enough to save your ass, by saying that the interview wasn't part of the video. Good save cool.gif
checkleft
Interesting to see who gets their rematch first. I actually think the Bradley fight would be better for lamont and would be a better fight. Even though the money probably won't be as good if what the rumors from gbp are true about 7 figures.

With Khan lamont has nothing to gain, he has had a nice string of fights and with Bradley he redeems his loss and fights for the division supremacy.

With Bradley there will be standing and trading and some good boxing, with Khan in the rematch no doubt Khan will run more because Khan has no power.

To me it was clear lamont came poised as in the cayo fight. He would not be denied by khans feet or hands.
Marciano1Mauricio
Great fucking fight! It's funny how karma came back and bite golden boy in the ass.
I remember how everyone was saying that the referee in Mares/Agbeko1 was a gb ref.
Don King was all up and arms about that ref and now it's Oscar complaining about a ref.

At the end of each fight both Don and Oscar were in the ring complaing. Even Agbeko
and Khan in their post fight speech were talking about how they both had to fight their
opponent and the referee.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 14 2011, 01:14 PM) *
Interesting to see who gets their rematch first. I actually think the Bradley fight would be better for lamont and would be a better fight. Even though the money probably won't be as good if what the rumors from gbp are true about 7 figures.

With Khan lamont has nothing to gain, he has had a nice string of fights and with Bradley he redeems his loss and fights for the division supremacy.

With Bradley there will be standing and trading and some good boxing, with Khan in the rematch no doubt Khan will run more because Khan has no power.

To me it was clear lamont came poised as in the cayo fight. He would not be denied by khans feet or hands.

An they say Floyd runs? Nothing from HBO's commentators mentioned the over excessive running . Someone said it looked like he had eyes on the back of his head the way he ran.
Floyd by cold K.O
I am a bit disappointed in Amere Cons loss, because this was a easy night had he fought Floyd
Followed with good numbers an Floyd's dream to fight in the UK
damn Peterson
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 13 2011, 05:44 PM) *
I knew you would be smart enough to save your ass, by saying that the interview wasn't part of the video. Good save cool.gif

It is the truth. Ariza back then looked weird and sneaky.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 14 2011, 12:34 AM) *
It is the truth. Ariza back then looked weird and sneaky.

Nothing's changed laugh.gif
checkleft
Looks like the wbc reviewed the tape and saw exactly what I did.. no immediate rematch for Khan, they heard all of the warnings including the one in the sixth before the deduction when he said "this is your final warning".
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 16 2011, 10:49 PM) *
Looks like the wbc reviewed the tape and saw exactly what I did.. no immediate rematch for Khan, they heard all of the warnings including the one in the sixth before the deduction when he said "this is your final warning".

+1
Jack 1000
Khan claims "Mystery Man" handled scorecards and distracted WBA Supervisor during the fight! WOW!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...-was-dodgy.html

Jack
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 6 2012, 09:40 AM) *
Khan claims "Mystery Man" handled scorecards and distracted WBA Supervisor during the fight! WOW!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...-was-dodgy.html

Jack

Ha! The only mystery man that influenced that fight was Khan's ego. He actually thought by just showing up he would win. Lamont beat Khan and that mega ego of his. No rematch for Khan!
MaxPayne
Mystery Man at Ringside

This is the bullshit.

Nobody is supposed to be talking to the judges during the match or handling scorecards. Dude claimed to be a representative from the IBF but then he's seen jumping for joy at Peterson's corner after the victory ?

I ain't buyin' it. This is some bullshit. I want an immediate rematch in Vegas with a new ref.

I want you to watch this and I dare you to say otherwise. Boxing needs to be better than this.
Seek
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 6 2012, 02:23 PM) *
Mystery Man At Ringside

This is the bullshit.

Nobody is supposed to be talking to the judges during the match or handling scorecards. Dude claimed to be a representative from the IBF but then he's seen jumping for joy at Peterson's corner after the victory ?

I ain't buyin' it. This is some bullshit. I want an immediate rematch in Vegas with a new ref.

I want you to watch this and I dare you to say otherwise. Boxing needs to be better than this.

Peterson's team don't want it. If they get Pacquiao then I can understand. If not then give Khan his rematch. The only thing that seperated you from World Champion and 2nd time at failing to become one was a hometown ref and mystery hatman lol
flazi
fuck off Khan. i mean really, take the loss like a man, if you would have done your job then nothing the ref or mystery man could have done would have taken the title from you. Learn from your mistakes, get rid of the yes men and hone your craft cause you got a lot to learn. fucking whiners. you should already be back in the gym learning to fight on the inside without pushing instead of putting up bs videos. want your title back? win it back.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 6 2012, 01:50 PM) *
fuck off Khan. i mean really, take the loss like a man, if you would have done your job then nothing the ref or mystery man could have done would have taken the title from you. Learn from your mistakes, get rid of the yes men and hone your craft cause you got a lot to learn. fucking whiners. you should already be back in the gym learning to fight on the inside without pushing instead of putting up bs videos. want your title back? win it back.

clapping.gif exactly! Next thing you know he will sue Peterson.
leonthegee
Doesnt change the fact that Khan got his ass kicked. Peterson landed the harder cleaner shots and Khan back pedaled the whole fight. Couldnt adjust in fact got worse as the fight went on. By the end o the fight Peterson was just bullying his way into Khan, not even using his jab anymore. And Khan couldnt handle it.

I know what happened the mystery dude was saying, "hey look up Khans getting his ass whooped." Khan quit your blood clot crying mon. If that dude was sitting with Oscar wouldnt he be on the side of Khan and Golden Boy? How do we know Khan didnt set this up? The whole situation sounds a bit hinky to me.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 6 2012, 10:41 AM) *
Peterson's team don't want it. If they get Pacquiao then I can understand. If not then give Khan his rematch. The only thing that seperated you from World Champion and 2nd time at failing to become one was a hometown ref and mystery hatman lol

Im sure all those body shots, blows to the head, and Khan running his ass off had something to do with it too.
BigDDatHomey
Bottom line is Khan got robbed. I was rooting for Peterson and thought he did some good work, but he didn't do enough. EVERYONE knows that those points should have not been taken away and therefore, Peterson should have lost the fight...period...everyone knows what it is. It's not even worth anymore discussion or argument.
Cheesey1
IMO, Khan lost fair and square and I think that the rematch will happen, unless Bradley can make Peterson a better offer than Khan did.
bnoles4life
Being the conspiracy theorist that I am, this is interesting to say the least. On the flip side, however, this is done RIGHT IN FRONT OF OSCAR, SCHAEFFER, etc. Considering they were in Peterson's hometown, don't you think Oscar & co. would've had a heightened sense of anxiety, especially, as it pertains to "hometown" decisions (especially, seeing how he got a gift win over Sturm)? Moreover, why does this come out a MONTH later?

daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 6 2012, 01:50 PM) *

+1
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 6 2012, 02:16 PM) *
I know what happened the mystery dude was saying, "hey look up Khans getting his ass whooped."

laugh.gif

Hell naw!!!

I was wondering who this deacon-looking motherfucker was who slid in there trying to look cool and blend in. That flower-pot hat he had on, did him no justice laugh.gif

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 6 2012, 03:26 PM) *
this is done RIGHT IN FRONT OF OSCAR, SCHAEFFER, etc. Considering they were in Peterson's hometown, don't you think Oscar & co. would've had a heightened sense of anxiety, especially, as it pertains to "hometown" decisions. Moreover, why does this come out a MONTH later?

Exactly! Everyone's level of suspicion should've been in the red, but guess who's wasn't? Yep, you got it...Mr. Khan himself. If I remember correctly...and I do, otherwise I wouldn't have set my statement up like this, but Khan was talking about how he didn't care about Peterson's hometown advantage. NOW, the motherfucker has all of a whole heap of shit to say, because he came up short.

How many times was he going to let the ref warn him, before he switched his gameplan up? Another game plan wouldn't have been necessary if he had a solid primary plan to begin with dntknw.gif I dont fully agree with the second point being taken away, but again, how many times was he going get warned?
Michigan Assassin
I'm a little unclear about him talking to one of the judges. It sounds like all the guys on that side of the ring were with the sanctioning bodies and DC boxing commish.

I find it hard to believe that it being a high profile fight for the commission that they would just let some stranger roam around and get into the scoring etc.

I'll be interested in seeing how it plays out though.
Cshel86
The guy in the ugly suit with the top hat, happened to be an IBF official laugh.gif With that being said, STFU Khan! Get your thumb outta your ass! He would've vacated those titles to move up and sniff Mayweather's ass anyway, so tough shit Khan, suck it up and move on.
mgrover
khan has clearly exposed one thing with this.....his vagina.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 6 2012, 06:19 PM) *
khan has clearly exposed one thing with this.....his vagina.

Hahahahaha!!!
checkleft
Khan probably thinks he didn't lose the Prescott fight. He hasn't changed his style at all idk why roach gets all the credit he does, all of his fighters fight almost identically
MaxPayne
Listen, I'm not disputing the fight. I thought it was close, but the split decision loss doesn't bother me since Khan made absolutely 0 adjustments in there when Peterson started lowering his head and going to the body.

What I AM SAYING, is that there should be an immediate rematch based on these irregularities. Why the fuck should there be some random guy who no one can identify TALKING TO THE JUDGES, HANDLING THE SCORECARDS AND CELEBRATING WITH PETERSON POST FIGHT ? That makes no fucking sense.

Both sanctioning bodies should do an immediate rematch in a different venue to settle the score.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Jan 6 2012, 05:03 PM) *
I'm a little unclear about him talking to one of the judges. It sounds like all the guys on that side of the ring were with the sanctioning bodies and DC boxing commish.

I find it hard to believe that it being a high profile fight for the commission that they would just let some stranger roam around and get into the scoring etc.

I'll be interested in seeing how it plays out though.

I agree,

It gives a bullshit stench to the fight. Whether or not he influenced the scoring is debatable, but he was not assigned to the fight and IBF Official or not, had no business being involved, talking to the supervisor or handling the cards in ANY way. There is supposed to be an investigation hearing on January 19th. Where is this person's IBF Emblem tag, as it should be clearly visible on his jacket? It may be inside his coat but we don't know. All officials must have either or both a commission emblem on their uniforms/clothing that can he seen and identified. This official even if legit violated his direction of duty. He is not assigned to the fight as a commissioner or sanctioning body representative, and should have hands-off to ANY communication with the officials of the fight. This goes beyond the controversy of two points off for questionable fouls. This person should be the full focus of any investigation, more so than the verdict itself.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 7 2012, 10:11 AM) *
What I AM SAYING, is that there should be an immediate rematch based on these irregularities. Why the fuck should there be some random guy who no one can identify TALKING TO THE JUDGES, HANDLING THE SCORECARDS AND CELEBRATING WITH PETERSON POST FIGHT ? That makes no fucking sense.

The mystery guy was identified as an IBF official, supposedly.
Jack 1000
Legal action is being considered against the IBF and the DC Commission if they do not reveal ALL information about this official at ringside, Mustafa Ameen is his name:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/8999895/A...tion-guest.html

Jack
BoxingEinstein

Khan is a desperate guy and the fight was really close. Peterson should give Khan a rematch since Khan gave him a chance and he fought his mandatory. I had it a draw or if not Peterson won by 1 point or by 2.

Hope they fight again and settle who's the best in the 140 division...oh yeah..fuck Bradley, bring back Matthysse!!
Cshel86
Khan gave the fight away, plain and simple. He should've been dominating those rounds with his pitty-pat punches and constant running...hell, its gotten him this far. Instead, he was getting hit by Lamont and shaking his head like an arrogant dummy, while the points racked up.

I only remember Khan having a few big moments in the fight, other than that, he ran around the whole time while trying to come up with something to ward Peterson off.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Khan gave the fight away, plain and simple. He should've been dominating those rounds with his pitty-pat punches and constant running...hell, its gotten him this far. Instead, he was getting hit by Lamont and shaking his head like an arrogant dummy, while the points racked up.

I only remember Khan having a few big moments in the fight, other than that, he ran around the whole time while trying to come up with something to ward Peterson off.

Peterson's body shot plan was ingenious and if Maidana would have fought like that in their fight he would've KO'd Khan in the late round. Khan really was hurt whether he showed it or not because those body shots were really bothering him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 8 2012, 12:46 AM) *
Peterson's body shot plan was ingenious and if Maidana would have fought like that in their fight he would've KO'd Khan in the late round. Khan really was hurt whether he showed it or not because those body shots were really bothering him.

+1

He looked sharper against Maidana, but its clear that he overlooked Lamont, hands down. Nobody has ever went to Amir's body like that, that's why we saw that "Man, I just shit my pants" look from Khan throughout the fight.
Jack 1000
With regard to the invesigation of the man who was not assigned designated to the fight and any legal actions that may result:

I don't want Peterson to be a victim in this. There is no evidence at this time that he knew what was going on and/or was a party to this action. This is between the IBF, take it up with Daryl Peoples the IBF President and the head of the DC Boxing Commission. It is WRONG for Golden Boy Promotions to try to get a no contest out of this, or for Peterson to lose any belts because of this.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.