Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward vs Froch (Poll)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Alright folks, this is the last big fight weekend of the year, and this is the highly anticipated bout that we've been waiting for. Most consider this a "pick 'em" fight, and some see it differently.

Vote and explain thumbsup_anim.gif
JONdaCON817
I've been on a rolling calling fights. Ima shake things up and say SOG by KO late in the fight. Froch won't mind brawling. It'll be his downfall.
Seek
Ward will have his way with Froch. If he can get inside and stay in there he will make Froch look silly. I think that'll be Ward's game plan but he'll have more than one. I think Froch will come out trying to box, using his jab and reach but I see Ward finding his mark early, he has good jabs to the stomach and pot shot this dude, get inside and break him down. Ward by wide UD, 8-4 type fight
Plah
Ward by UD
mrwigi
I see ward boxing his way to a wide UD
Cshel86
I would hate to be the odd ball or the asshole, but I truly believe this fight will be a stinker. Its too much on the line for both guys (titles, trophy, ans super middleweight supremacy), and I dont see either taking a huge risk, more so Ward. Ward will be his usual self, technically sound, super careful, and a bit boring from time to time.

Froch will be the boxer brawler that he usual is, until he discovers that he cant land on Ward with frequency, then we will see what he's made of...hopefully he looks good while fighting confused. Ward knows for a fact that he has this fight in the bag, based on his style and ability to exploit Froch's flaws.

If the right punch lands for Froch, then we have a fight, other than that...I have Ward cruising his way to a wide UD (8-4)
leonthegee
Ward clowns this arrogant english prick.
Sunni6Killer
Ward close.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2011, 12:53 PM) *
I would hate to be the odd ball or the asshole, but I truly believe this fight will be a stinker. Its too much on the line for both guys (titles, trophy, ans super middleweight supremacy), and I dont see either taking a huge risk, more so Ward. Ward will be his usual self, technically sound, super careful, and a bit boring from time to time.

Froch will be the boxer brawler that he usual is, until he discovers that he cant land on Ward with frequency, then we will see what he's made of...hopefully he looks good while fighting confused. Ward knows for a fact that he has this fight in the bag, based on his style and ability to exploit Froch's flaws.

If the right punch lands for Froch, then we have a fight, other than that...I have Ward cruising his way to a wide UD (8-4)

Ward is boring to you? Lol. Because of technicality?
mgrover
ward by wide decision, if abraham didnt stop froch i doubt ward will
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Dec 12 2011, 02:43 PM) *
Ward is boring to you? Lol. Because of technicality?

Yeah a little, thats why I said "a bit boring from time to time". He's still a great fighter, but I catch my attention span drifting in spurts when he fights, or maybe I have a slight case of A.D.D.laugh.gif
Jack 1000
Ward by wide UD, in an ugly boring fight. Ward will box/jab and dance. Froch won't be able to land anything cleanly. 117-111 Ward on all three cards.

Jack
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 12 2011, 01:49 PM) *

Aww you can't compare Abraham to Ward... Lol Abraham did an awesome Clottey impression in that fight. He didn't even fight bacc till the lass round. Lol. Tho he did rocc Froch in that final minute.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 12 2011, 02:49 PM) *

????

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Dec 12 2011, 04:29 PM) *
Aww you can't compare Abraham to Ward... Lol Abraham did an awesome Clottey impression in that fight. He didn't even fight bacc till the lass round. Lol. Tho he did rocc Froch in that final minute.

What I was thinking.

I picked ward in a unanimous close decision around 8-4 or 7-5.
I think frotch will have the will to make it messy and exchange when he can but wards accurate shots will eventually slow him down and take its toll.
streetlion1
Ward by WIDE decision in this one...his past 5 fights he has limited his opponents connect percentage to 26%...he is on his way to being truly great...there is nothing I see in Froch that allows me to believe he will be a danger to Ward....and that isnt a knock on Froch...he is a decent fighter with a great chin. Ward is just on another level.
JONdaCON817
His heart and Chin. That's all Froch has.
checkleft
It's starting to shape up like the Khan Peterson fight. Except I don't think ward looks past anyone, I wouldn't write off froch yet though. Sometimes heart and chin is all you need
Col Reb
I like Ward in this one with relative ease. I do believe Ward will be something great; hopefully he can build the following to be a superstar.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 12 2011, 04:06 PM) *
Ward by wide UD, in an ugly boring fight. Ward will box/jab and dance. Froch won't be able to land anything cleanly.

+1

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 12 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Ward by WIDE decision in this one...his past 5 fights he has limited his opponents connect percentage to 26%...he is on his way to being truly great...there is nothing I see in Froch that allows me to believe he will be a danger to Ward....and that isnt a knock on Froch...he is a decent fighter with a great chin. Ward is just on another level.

+1

Ward's +/- percentage is looking to be ridiculously amazing...
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 12 2011, 06:52 PM) *
It's starting to shape up like the Khan Peterson fight. Except I don't think ward looks past anyone, I wouldn't write off froch yet though. Sometimes heart and chin is all you need

And Ward will test both. Lol.
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Dec 13 2011, 12:02 AM) *
And Ward will test both. Lol.

laugh.gif

When your primary weapons are neutralized by a better fighter, thats where we get to see your heart. Without "above average" skills, there's no need for us to watch you get toyed with, while possessing so much "heart", there's no need to watch you get beat to submission or outclassed. Without the "above average" skill level to adjust to your primary weapons being neutralized, plus the fact that you're frustrated, that chin is always up for grabs! laugh.gif
sduck
Ward will beat Froch, either by wide or close. Man, we're looking at the next great in Ward.
The Original MrFactor
I'm picking Ward in a very close fight. I expect Froch to claim he won the fight easy. he'll talk about home cooking and swear he'll never fight in the US again...
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 13 2011, 06:32 AM) *
I'm picking Ward in a very close fight. I expect Froch to claim he won the fight easy. he'll talk about home cooking and swear he'll never fight in the US again...

laugh.gif
BigFightFan
Logic tells me to go with ward, but since the 4th quarter has been full of upsets and lack-luster performances I'm taking Froch. Froch by decision or late stoppage especially if he targets that cut and opens it up early.
Cshel86
Man I've successfully rushed away all of my weekends away in this calender year, waiting for these damn fights! Bring it on Ward and Froch! Neither of yall mofos need to be doing more than fat-chick aerobics at this point...no sparring, running, pad work, heavy bags, NOTHIN'! No need to make room for last-minute incidents...we've waited long enough laugh.gif
wolterb
This is my most anticipated fight of the year.

i'm giving the edge to Ward and I think he could knock Froch down if he gains some momentum and starts disrupting Froch's circle-off-the-jab routine with some power punches - But its hard for me to guess what shape the fight is gonna take.

i think it comes down to who wins the first few rds. If Froch gets em' we'll see a more aggressive Ward hunting down the outside fighter. If Ward gets the first few Rds we'll see a 12 rd boxing match.

Either way, I bet either of them take Bute's belt - their doin the right thing fighting excellent opponents one after the other. Skills, confidence, reputation...all of that is shooting through the roof for froch and ward, i bet.

I'm hoping Ward knocks Froch out - that'd be a glorious way to finish his most significant fight to date.
checkleft
I doubt ward can knock him out but I won't completely rule it out..

But froch was taking some major shots by kessler and Abraham and only got wobbled.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2011, 12:20 PM) *
Alright folks, this is the last big fight weekend of the year, and this is the highly anticipated bout that we've been waiting for. Most consider this a "pick 'em" fight, and some see it differently.

Vote and explain thumbsup_anim.gif

I voted Ward by knockout. I think his power can gives Froch issues. Plus Ward looks a lot better. Ugly people do not deserve titles. lol

Seriously: I just believe that Ward has more skills than Froch, he moves well, hand speed, and his defense is good. Froch has guts and heart and sometimes that carries. Froch comes forward and that would be right Ward's alley. If Ward can box him and then break him down, i am looking for a knock out in round 8. War Ward I!
Cheesey1
I picked Ward by wide decision (not sure 'cause I voted a while ago). After trolling (that's what I do, troll) through others' comments, I'm going to say that Ward could knock Froch out, not saying that it's guaranteed, but it could definitely happen. In addition to me biting other people's thoughts, I think that if Ward can fight Froch like Direll did, yet add a bit more grit to the mix, then yeah he could definitely do some damage.
That been said, "The Cobra" is definitely not a push over and could surprise me. Great match up, either way and I think that both fighters have improved throughout this tournament.
Cheesey1
I picked Ward by wide decision (not sure 'cause I voted a while ago). After trolling (that's what I do, troll) through others' comments, I'm going to say that Ward could knock Froch out, not saying that it's guaranteed, but it could definitely happen. In addition to me biting other people's thoughts, I think that if Ward can fight Froch like Direll did, yet add a bit more grit to the mix, then yeah he could definitely do some damage.
That being said, "The Cobra" is definitely not a push over and could surprise me. Great match up, either way and I think that both fighters have improved throughout this tournament.
Cshel86

Froch: 167.5
Ward: 168
Jack 1000
Officials for the fight (Box Rec)

Steve Smoger (USA) Ref

Judges:

Craig Metcalf (Canada)
John Keane (England)
John Stewart (USA)

Pretty solid line-up. Smoger is one of my favorite refs. Keene and Stewart are good. Don't know too much about Metcalf, but from what I have seen, seems good.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 17 2011, 01:55 AM) *
Steve Smoger (USA) Ref

Nuff said yahoo.gif

Good lookin' out Jack drinks.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.