Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With All The Players Involved With Floyd Mayweather
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
I think this is a good community question,

With Manny, almost everything flows through Top Rank and Bob Arum. But for Floyd, when big fighters are negotiated there are several people involved. Is there a percentage of who gets what in terms of money and percentages? For Floyd, being one of the biggest names in boxing, love him or hate him, would he be better off just managing himself? What is the official title of all these people concerning Floyd's fights?

Al Hayman
Golden Boy Promotions
Floyd Mayweather Productions
Leonard Ellerbee
Richard Schaefer
Floyd Mayweather himself

That's SIX different parties involved in negotiating and compromising. For instance is Leonard Ellerbee and adviser, an attorney, or just a good buddy of Floyd with a lot of street smarts and business sense? Do these parties all have good interests in Floyd's career and marketing? Or is there a grain of salt with whom to trust and not to trust? For instance Tyson was a huge P4P star in his prime, but he still had good friends, but inexperienced boxing people like Aaron Snowell and Jay Bright. Who from the list is the best asset and potentially worst liability for Floyd, and why? And in a big Mayweather fight, who gets what on the percentage deals and profits?

Jack
thehype
No percentages for any of them, including Al Haymon. It's a flat fee. In other words, Floyd will pay Golden Boy Promotions $xxxxxx.xx for the use of their services to handle the promotion of the event, including setting up press conferences, etc.

Al Haymon is Floyd's advisor...he's essentially the go-to guy.

Leonard Ellerbe is CEO of Mayweather Promotions...he's pretty much the go-between for Haymon and Floyd.

Richard Schaefer and Golden Boy Promotions are their own entity...they're basically "rented" for their services as a promotional company.

So when it comes to negotiating, Haymon, Floyd, and Ellerbe are usually the 3-headed monster that makes those decisions, but again, Haymon is the go-to guy. The ONLY reason why Golden Boy Promotions is involved in the "negotations" for the Pacquiao fight is because Bob Arum can't stand Al Haymon, therefore, he deals with Schaefer instead...HOWEVER...once again, Al Haymon is the go-to guy, so whatever Richard Schaefer is saying or doing, it's on behalf of Haymon/Floyd/Ellerbe. But when it's all said and done, all percentages and profits go to Floyd, and then everybody else gets paid their salary or their fee.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 13 2011, 03:24 PM) *
No percentages for any of them, including Al Haymon. It's a flat fee. In other words, Floyd will pay Golden Boy Promotions $xxxxxx.xx for the use of their services to handle the promotion of the event, including setting up press conferences, etc.

Al Haymon is Floyd's advisor...he's essentially the go-to guy.

Leonard Ellerbe is CEO of Mayweather Promotions...he's pretty much the go-between for Haymon and Floyd.

Richard Schaefer and Golden Boy Promotions are their own entity...they're basically "rented" for their services as a promotional company.

So when it comes to negotiating, Haymon, Floyd, and Ellerbe are usually the 3-headed monster that makes those decisions, but again, Haymon is the go-to guy. The ONLY reason why Golden Boy Promotions is involved in the "negotations" for the Pacquiao fight is because Bob Arum can't stand Al Haymon, therefore, he deals with Schaefer instead...HOWEVER...once again, Al Haymon is the go-to guy, so whatever Richard Schaefer is saying or doing, it's on behalf of Haymon/Floyd/Ellerbe. But when it's all said and done, all percentages and profits go to Floyd, and then everybody else gets paid their salary or their fee.

Thanks Ben! So it sounds like Al is THE MAIN GUY.

Jack
Cshel86
Now Im refreshed and more informed on the whole chain of command, so to speak. I was always under the impression that GBP was getting 10% to promote his fights, since of course Mayweather Promotions doesn't have the license to promote fights.

Wonder why the other guy doesn't do this with his promotional banner...you know?...the little ill-informed guy with the "excellent footwork" and the "Michael Jackson Thriller" humanitarian appeal that drives the world nuts. Yeah, that guy...laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 13 2011, 04:57 PM) *
Now Im refreshed and more informed on the whole chain of command, so to speak. I was always under the impression that GBP was getting 10% to promote his fights, since of course Mayweather Promotions doesn't have the license to promote fights.

Wonder why the other guy doesn't do this with his promotional banner...you know?...the little ill-informed guy with the "excellent footwork" and the "Michael Jackson Thriller" humanitarian appeal that drives the world nuts. Yeah, that guy...laugh.gif

Hilarious!
kingknockout
great thread...

another question though..

why shane mosley or b-hop don't have their own company?
Cshel86
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 13 2011, 08:09 PM) *

Beats me...
Cheesey1
Thanks for the insight. I guess that Al Haymon is the equivalent of Floyd's manager?
Cshel86
Well, its no need to play "duck duck goose" with this team...everybody seems to know where they are on the totem pole. Now, for that other little guy with the "excellent footwork"...where do we start with his team? dntknw.gif
Remi
bye.gif
Jhill47
QUOTE (Remi @ Dec 13 2011, 08:06 PM) *
bye.gif

Hey dumbass if u believe what comes outta Bob Arums mouth well I have some oceanfront property for sell in Idaho. By the way Arum said the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese. Getcha lame ass outta here u fucking clown
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jhill47 @ Dec 13 2011, 09:25 PM) *
Hey dumbass if u believe what comes outta Bob Arums mouth well I have some oceanfront property for sell in Idaho. By the way Arum said the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese. Getcha lame ass outta here u fucking clown

laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
great thread...

They are too scared to leave the plantation. It would help them in life after the boxing. Hopkins get all that talent out of Philly. Shane could get all that California talent but instead thet rather work for someone else than profit off their own skills. SOme people like being the ho instead of the pimp
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 13 2011, 09:02 PM) *
Well, its no need to play "duck duck goose" with this team...everybody seems to know where they are on the totem pole. Now, for that other little guy with the "excellent footwork"...where do we start with his team? dntknw.gif

It starts with Koncz and ends with Arum... Manny is the last to know.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 13 2011, 09:35 PM) *
They are too scared to leave the plantation. It would help them in life after the boxing. Hopkins get all that talent out of Philly. Shane could get all that California talent but instead thet rather work for someone else than profit off their own skills. SOme people like being the ho instead of the pimp

Should've known it wouldn't be too much longer before you got on here spewing out nonsense laugh.gif

C'mon, you just read an article about Hopkins last week, and you know how he gets about his money, so either he's taking his time, not interested, or knows something about it that we dont know.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 13 2011, 09:41 PM) *
Should've known it wouldn't be too much longer before you got on here spewing out nonsense laugh.gif

C'mon, you just read an article about Hopkins last week, and you know how he gets about his money, so either he's taking his time, not interested, or knows something about it that we dont know.

Hopkins is a very intelligent guy and he dresses like one too what I do not pick up from Hopkins (he is damn good when it comes to his money). He supports the hell out of De La Hoya, he is at almost every Golden Boy event. I just don't feel like he wants to leave Golden Boy and he knows about the business. So either Golden Boy is paying him very well or he just doesn't have enough to gumption to want to run his own business. Let's face it, a boxer never wants to leave the sport, they want to remain in it at as long as possible. I just feel that Hopkins can be great at being his own boss plus he can help a lot of young fighters steer their way through the boxing game.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 13 2011, 09:47 PM) *
Let's face it, a boxer never wants to leave the sport, they want to remain in it at as long as possible. I just feel that Hopkins can be great at being his own boss plus he can help a lot of young fighters steer their way through the boxing game.

This would've sufficed. He is well involved with GBP, and maybe he's either trying to learn as much as possible, or maybe he found out that its more work than one is willing to do. Who knows?
BigFightFan
great thread...

Mosley fought under his own promotional company for the pacquio fight and I think he will continue that until he retires.
BigFightFan
great thread...

Mosley fought under his own promotional company for the pacquio fight and I think he will continue that until he retires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.