Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamont "Havoc" Peterson vs Zab "Super" Judah at 140..how bout it?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kingknockout
Would anybody like to see Zab come back fighting Lamont Peterson, The fast and offensive minded Khan gave zab hell, but even then zab slipped a lot of punches from khan because of Khan's wild punches and the new training zab had under pernell.

Zab just didn't let his hands go, but we all know styles make fights and lamont isn't one for all the speedy punches and moving around the ring like he's shooting for the next rollerball film directed by Michael Bay.

Could you see Zab going back to the old zab in this fight and giving lamont absolute fits (see Mosley vs Margarito)....or (Bernard vs Pavlik) not saying Pavlike and Margarito are anything like Peterson, but them two came off of wins and they were looking like a problem in their weight classes before an old mosley and old bernard came to fight them and gave a old school boxing lesson on both.

Peterson is at the top now, can an old zab take this fight and actually school Peterson and take the belts Peterson just won?

Like I said, Zab has one of the nastiest uppercuts in the business, hell it almost got cotto on the floor, TWICE, if Zab knew how to put his punches together.....How would Lamont hold up?
p4pcrown
Its hard to tell what zab can do anymore in my opinion..we all know the talent is there and what he's capable of but you never know what you're going to get with him. Even though zab is one of my favorite fighters to watch I think I would go with Lamont...but it would be a good fight if zab comes out hungry and ready to fight. If zab would mix up his offensive and defensive skills correctly then he would be hard to beat...but until then i pick Lamont.
thehype
Hell no. Peterson just won the biggest fight of his life. Why the heck would he want to go backwards?

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Wouldn't it be shitty if this fight actually happened and Zab happened to win no2.gif Zab wouldn't last one defense with those titles and end up fuckin' the whole show up laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2011, 12:57 AM) *
Wouldn't it be shitty if this fight actually happened and Zab happened to win no2.gif Zab wouldn't last one defense with those titles and end up fuckin' the whole show up laugh.gif

LOL. Zab sure as hell would "eff" the WHOLE thing up!!!!!
PColeman28
Zab Never deserves another title shot after his last fight, doesn't make sense zab fights khan loses, khan fights peterson loses. and then peterson fights zab??? naw not a good idea....i rather see him fight matthysse,morales, or a bradley rematch....never Zab
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 15 2011, 11:28 AM) *
LOL. Zab sure as hell would "eff" the WHOLE thing up!!!!!

Yep! He's good at what he does...throwing a wrench in the game plan of any type of sweepstakes, or ruining his own...only to get multiple chances to do it all over again. So yeah...typical Zab. Bet he wins the belts from Lamont, all to end up getting tricked into rematching Khan and actually getting his balls knocked up to his esophagus this time laugh.gif

QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Dec 15 2011, 01:19 PM) *
Zab Never deserves another title shot after his last fight, doesn't make sense zab fights khan loses, khan fights peterson loses. and then peterson fights zab??? naw not a good idea....i rather see him fight matthysse,morales, or a bradley rematch....never Zab

Well let's look out...he's sure to come out of the woodworks with a couple of tunr-up bouts and scream for the big stage again. As history shows us...it always happens laugh.gif Lamont needs to take the most safe and beneficial fight out there.
Cheesey1
Nah, not what I'd like to see. Peterson vs. Khan rematch. Peterson gets the $1MM that he's supposedly been offered and also negotiates as much of a residual deal as possible. Even if he loses, which I don't think will happen, his stock will still be high.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2011, 06:31 PM) *
Lamont needs to take the most safe and beneficial fight out there.

You sound like his manager there Shelly lol

Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 15 2011, 08:27 PM) *
You sound like his manager there Shelly lol

laugh.gif

You read me on that one Grover. Hell, I was JUST about to mention his management..whoever that may be. Thats what will be the kicker in this situation...especially since we are all wondering who his next opponent will be.

As long as Lamont hangs on to those titles for a while, the division will be shook up...which is a good thing in this case. Nobody wants to see Khan with those belts anymore, while he sits comfortably with his feet up and duck/overlook the rest of the division, all while dreaming of a Mayweather fight. He can do that all he wants now...WITHOUT the belts laugh.gif

Now Khan is crying about "pushing" isn't a warning and he wants to beat Lamont fair and square". WTF does that even mean? Well it meant something in D.C. He had a chance to run the guy over, and he blew his chance. Boo hoo motherfucker, take a seat. You lost, deal with it!

For some odd reason, I cant think of anybody in the division who's worthy enough to fight for two titles at the present time (other than Bradley). Maybe he could rematch Bradley and unify the titles...that would really piss Khan off laugh.gif Hell, Bradley may feel that he can beat Lamont again, and Im sure Bob would love nothing more than a unified champ under his banner.

Whoever wins the Peterson/Bradley fight, should be the mandatory for the winner of the Morales/Garcia bout. Then we'd FINALLY have an undisputed champ in the division, since everybody has their thumbs up their asses about money that they really dont fuckin' deserve anyhow!

I forgot about Peterson possibly fighting Guerrero...but the motherfucker cant decide which division he wants to be in. Why? He wants a big money fight (cant blame 'em), but hasn't done enough to land one. Yet again, another motherfucker who's fucking up 3 divisions at a time (LW, JWW, WW) because he wants BIG money no2.gif These dudes are really losing their freakin' minds over money.
Cshel86
Sigh...thanks KingKO for talking this up laugh.gif It may actually happen now, being the fact that Zab is supposed to fight Vernon Paris in a WBA title eliminator bout (more than likely in March)...which leads the winner to...yep, you got it...Lamont Peterson laugh.gif Let's wait for Zab to get our hopes up and fuck up the whole show...as he's notoriously known for doing! Wait for it...
kingknockout
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 31 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Sigh...thanks KingKO for talking this up laugh.gif It may actually happen now, being the fact that Zab is supposed to fight Vernon Paris in a WBA title eliminator bout (more than likely in March)...which leads the winner to...yep, you got it...Lamont Peterson laugh.gif Let's wait for Zab to get our hopes up and fuck up the whole show...as he's notoriously known for doing! Wait for it...

lol damn.....I told people zab is never far away from a title bout.
Cshel86
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 31 2011, 05:28 PM) *
lol damn.....I told people zab is never far away from a title bout.

laugh.gif

You've never been far from the truth my brotha!
HazConvictedFelonMane
I have absolutely no interest in that fight. Zab's offense is that double jab and the full force of his danger comes from the left uppercut. He's way too easy to beat these days. He's just an opponent. Hype was right! Why move backwards? He just scored a victory over the guy that KOd Zab. Rematch with Bradley. WBA/IBF vs WBO Champion for all of the marbles. Of course Bradley and Top Prank want to find themselves in the ring with JMM. Bump that! Give LP a rematch.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jan 1 2012, 01:16 PM) *
I have absolutely no interest in that fight. Zab's offense is that double jab and the full force of his danger comes from the left uppercut. He's way too easy to beat these days. He's just an opponent. Hype was right! Why move backwards? He just scored a victory over the guy that KOd Zab. Rematch with Bradley. WBA/IBF vs WBO Champion for all of the marbles. Of course Bradley and Top Prank want to find themselves in the ring with JMM. Bump that! Give LP a rematch.

Sorry, i'd rather see Bradley go against JMM. Peterson should rematch Khan like he promised. He talked the talk, now walk the walk. The winners should fight each other.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jan 1 2012, 01:16 PM) *

I dont wanna see it anyway, but guess what...Judah vs Paris is a title eliminator for the WBA title...which Lamont holds at this time. Gotta love Judah...better yet, you gotta love Judah's management for keeping him in the loop to throw a wrench in the situation. Same thing goes for Berto's management...he loses his WBC title to Ortiz, then 5 months later he's in another title fight laugh.gif

I want to see Lamont take one more step closer to being undisputed, by fighting Timmy for the WBO title, but that may not happen if Arum is in the way. If he's confident that Bradley can beat Lamont again, then that may happen. Crazy thing is, Bradley clearly had doubts about fighting Khan, so he may not want a part of the adrenaline-driven, title-holding, Peterson that we saw beat Khan. Who knows though dntknw.gif Timmy may not have doubts about Lamont, but Arum may.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 2 2012, 01:52 AM) *
Peterson should rematch Khan like he promised.

I'd make his ass wait laugh.gif Hell, that should be payback for that shitty deal that he offered Lamont the first time around. He offered him $300k, a fight in the UK, no UK money, and a fucked up rematch clause. Had Lamont won the first fight, he would've had to rematch Khan for the SAME money he was paid in the first fight...though Lamont would've been the WBA champ, which I guess would have warranted more money for Lamont.

Lamont went on fight Cayo on FNF for about $10k, then decided to take the Khan fight for more than that lousy $300k, THEN he beat Khan, and took both of his titles. I believe Lamont is a free agent (Im almost sure he is)...wouldn't that suck if he signed with Top Rank?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.