Of course, my favorite of the two would be HBO. As of lately (past 2 years), Showtime has been getting points in my book. They both have pros and cons that seem to offset each other, but I guess that what keeps me watching both programs...HBO:Pros
1. Has a better setup, great screen resolution
2. It appears to be a bigger network (dont quote me on that)
3. Better commentators
4. Better fighters
5. Better promotional material (Road Block, 24/7, Ring Life, Face-Off)Cons:
1. Commentators have the tendency to have man-crushes, be nuthuggers, or simply gravitate towards the more popular fighters (not in that order).
2. Sigh...cant think of anymore at the moment...Showtime:Pros:
1. The commentators dont nuthugg or have extreme man-crushes...they call the fights just as they go.
2. Most of the fights end in TKO/KO or end controversially...which is good for viewers!
3. Showtime fighters seem to be hungrier
4. Their fights have more undercards than HBO.
5. If a fight ends controversially, their staff dont hesitate to right at it (Jim Grey especially
1. Of course the picture isn't as clear as HBO
2. Commentators aren't as live as HBO