Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Victor Ortiz vs Marcos Maidana rematch @ 147
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

How do you guys see it panning out this time? Ortiz looked stronger and better at 147 but he was a big jr. welterweight. This all plays out to how Maidana looks in his welterweight debut against Devon and if Ortiz wins against Berto again. I see GB making the winner face each other down the line in 2012.

This would be a fight worth staying home for and keeping your eyes peeled on. If Ortiz brings that possessiveness he brought against Berto then it could be even more interesting than their first fight. Maidana always brings it and throws everything including the bath tub.

This would be another farm burner. Any thoughts?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 18 2011, 12:04 AM) *
How do you guys see it panning out this time? Ortiz looked stronger and better at 147 but he was a big jr. welterweight. This all plays out to how Maidana looks in his welterweight debut against Devon and if Ortiz wins against Berto again. I see GB making the winner face each other down the line in 2012.

This would be a fight worth staying home for and keeping your eyes peeled on. If Ortiz brings that possessiveness he brought against Berto then it could be even more interesting than their first fight. Maidana always brings it and throws everything including the bath tub.

This would be another farm burner. Any thoughts?

I'll wait for this AFTER Khan/Prescott II.
kingknockout
depends on the maidana that shows up....if he shows up with the same mentality that he had against victor the first time it will be the same result.

We all know Victor Ortiz is like a cat in water when it comes to fighting backwards...he'll panic and fall under pressure...so all he might do is come forward and try to do the same thing he always did, and get beat.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 18 2011, 01:37 PM) *
I'll wait for this AFTER Khan/Prescott II.

Hell naw!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 18 2011, 02:47 PM) *
depends on the maidana that shows up....if he shows up with the same mentality that he had against victor the first time it will be the same result.

We all know Victor Ortiz is like a cat in water when it comes to fighting backwards...he'll panic and fall under pressure...so all he might do is come forward and try to do the same thing he always did, and get beat.

Maidana did some serious overtime on Victor's mental (thats if it was even strong to begin with). Hell, Maidana did something to my mental when I watched it, and I wasn't even fighting laugh.gif If a guy can MAKE you quit without knocking you into next week, and fuck your career up from that point on, then Im sure nothing will change in the rematch.

A cat in water!? Hahahaha!!!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 03:12 PM) *
Hell naw!!! laugh.gif

Maidana did some serious overtime on Victor's mental (thats if it was even strong to begin with). Hell, Maidana did something to my mental when I watched it, and I wasn't even fighting laugh.gif If a guy can MAKE you quit without knocking you into next week, and fuck your career up from that point on, then Im sure nothing will change in the rematch.

A cat in water!? Hahahaha!!!

Shelly...my point is, GBP would be idiotic (IMO) to put Ortiz back in there w/ dude (that is, if they're still plan on making money off him in the future). There's no mystery as to why Khan/Prescott II hasn't happened (though, GBP will tell you it's b/c Prescott lost to McCloskey and then compounded a loss w/ this most recent opponent).
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 18 2011, 05:11 PM) *
Shelly...my point is, GBP would be idiotic (IMO) to put Ortiz back in there w/ dude (that is, if they're still plan on making money off him in the future). There's no mystery as to why Khan/Prescott II hasn't happened (though, GBP will tell you it's b/c Prescott lost to McCloskey and then compounded a loss w/ this most recent opponent).

I got cha! I just said "hell naw" out of pure laughter and sarcasm, because I understood your point. In other words, people should hold their breath for a rematch since these guys (Prescott and Maidana) nearly derailed these "rising stars's" career early, when everybody expected them to be the next big thing. laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 05:50 PM) *
I got cha! I just said "hell naw" out of pure laughter and sarcasm, because I understood your point. In other words, people should hold their breath for a rematch since these guys (Prescott and Maidana) nearly derailed these "rising stars's" career early, when everybody expected them to be the next big thing. laugh.gif

To quote Chiwetel Ejiofer from Four Brothers, "Boooy, I like the way you do business!!"

Yes, fans shouldn't expect a rematch of these two fights unless the following occurs:

1. GBP, Khan & Ortiz family members are all taken hostage by rabid, "fed up" boxing fans, who demand that fights occur (even then, they should hope they kidnap the RIGHT family members)

2. Prescott & Maidana, miraculously become HUGE draws (still holding your breath?)

3. Prescott & Maidana, become belt holders

4. Oscar is given a choice b/t making those fights or having a traditional relationship w/ Millie (no, Millie isn't "code" for his coke/Ru Paul addiction)
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 18 2011, 07:59 PM) *
To quote Chiwetel Ejiofer from Four Brothers, "Boooy, I like the way you do business!!"

Yes, fans shouldn't expect a rematch of these two fights unless the following occurs:

1. GBP, Khan & Ortiz family members are all taken hostage by rabid, "fed up" boxing fans, who demand that fights occur (even then, they should hope they kidnap the RIGHT family members)

2. Prescott & Maidana, miraculously become HUGE draws (still holding your breath?)

3. Prescott & Maidana, become belt holders

4. Oscar is given a choice b/t making those fights or having a traditional relationship w/ Millie (no, Millie isn't "code" for his coke/Ru Paul addiction)

Exactly! They should all hold their breath! No way in hell these rematches happen! Man these 4 examples are the ONLY way these fights happen. Maidana fucked the whole thing up when he gave it to Ortiz like mail on Sunday laugh.gif

Ortiz was supposed to be "the man" that night because he sold all of those tickets and so forth. Maidana has more of a chance to be a bigger draw than Prescott. Garter Belt Promotions will go far if these mistakes aren't made laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 08:12 PM) *
Garter Belt Promotions will go far if these mistakes aren't made laugh.gif

LMAO!!!!!! For real...I literally spit my orange juice out of my mouth!!!!! fuck.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 18 2011, 08:19 PM) *
LMAO!!!!!! For real...I literally spit my orange juice out of my mouth!!!!! fuck.gif

Hahahaha!!! Hope some Tanqueray was mixed w/ that my brotha laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 09:22 PM) *
Hahahaha!!! Hope some Tanqueray was mixed w/ that my brotha laugh.gif

LMAO!!!! Naw, kid...I only consume that Bombay Sapphire and tonic, my man.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 19 2011, 04:11 PM) *
LMAO!!!! Naw, kid...I only consume that Bombay Sapphire and tonic, my man.

Bombay Sapphire??? Hats off to ya agree.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Bombay Sapphire??? Hats off to ya agree.gif

I'm hoping that "hat's off" is for my exquisite taste in premium gin.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 19 2011, 06:00 PM) *
I'm hoping that "hat's off" is for my exquisite taste in premium gin.

Indeed my brotha...indeed. Just dont drink too much if this rematch happens to surface...I made that mistake for the their first fight. Surely the fight wont last too long. I on "stupor status" for the first fight and could hardly react to the see-saw action going on, and to add insult to injury, I didn't have a DVR back then, so I was fucked no2.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2011, 08:59 PM) *
Indeed my brotha...indeed. Just dont drink too much if this rematch happens to surface...I made that mistake for the their first fight. Surely the fight wont last too long. I on "stupor status" for the first fight and could hardly react to the see-saw action going on, and to add insult to injury, I didn't have a DVR back then, so I was fucked no2.gif

LOL...naw, I rarely, if ever, achieve stupor status and much less, in public. At my watering hole of choice, it's usually whatever is on tap. Right now, it's a brew from Michigan called Bell's. Excellent. I jus' sit back, enjoy the fights and wish death upon ye ol' Sea Hags!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 19 2011, 08:46 PM) *
LOL...naw, I rarely, if ever, achieve stupor status and much less, in public. At my watering hole of choice, it's usually whatever is on tap. Right now, it's a brew from Michigan called Bell's. Excellent. I jus' sit back, enjoy the fights and wish death upon ye ol' Sea Hags!!!

Bell's!? The Two-Hearted Ale? The Oberon!? Good shit! We may have to take this to the beer thread in the general discussion forum! You cant wish death upon ye ol' Sea Hags...where's the fun in that Noles? Stupor status eases the nerves of a man who bets on certain fights...works for me laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.