Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mailbags immature pricks.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mgrover
well i saw the mailbag this morning and fuck me my faith in humanity just keeps getting lower and lower in boxing, i mean that last one was just offensive, good on ben for being the bigger man but you shouldnt bother replying to people like that, there set in there ways as they say, cheers for the answers though
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 19 2011, 06:29 AM) *
well i saw the mailbag this morning and fuck me my faith in humanity just keeps getting lower and lower in boxing, i mean that last one was just offensive, good on ben for being the bigger man but you shouldnt bother replying to people like that, there set in there ways as they say, cheers for the answers though

I have the same take grover......

The thing I find most insane is how even though Hype provides not just his opinion but FACTS, people somehow still label him as someone who is strictly bias towards Floyed...

Its a shame really.. because all I've seen is facts why the megafight isn't taking place..and that's because of Bob Arum... people aren't realizing that HE is the reason the fight hasn't happened. In addition its so blatantly clear the he isn't in Pacs best interest.. or the enitre boxing community for that matter.

Sure Pac and Floyed both have played a bit of cat and mouse.... but people.. fighters fight..these guys aren't scared, or ducking or anything...a fighters job is to..well..fight

this all the work of a very smart, very savvy, lawyer / business man..

Im not taking away Bob's impact on the sport by far.. he will be legendary.. but for the biggest fight in perhaps history.. we are being robbed of one mans greed....

People being assholes to Hype just proves ignorance and low capacity to understand that...

Shit maybe if they actually took the time to read articles and timelines...and not just snipets from other sites they would find this is a pretty well informed site with solid facts and substantial ideas ....
Allmenjoi8
prime example when you think with your heart and you do not have a brain.
Cshel86
Just a shining example of some overzealous fans who are sweet on Pacquiao. I mean really, most of those folks that spew out bullshit, they probably dont even keep up with the sport anyway. It's amazing how some of these guys will go out of their way to say of the wildest stuff no2.gif

I cant wait til this fight is over, so all of the dumbasses (Floydiots and Pactards) can go on with their simple lives and hardcore boxing fans can enjoy the sport again. The sad part is, it will get worse before it gets better...man, imagine the wave of nuthuggers and retards that will flood this place when that fight is signed no2.gif

Its obvious that these folks dont even read everything, or they are having a hard time accepting the facts. Great work Ben, it takes a certain level of patience and understanding (being aware of idiocy), to do your job, that goes for the rest of the writers here ok.gif
mgrover
If it was me I would of just told them to fuck off by now and I would regard that as being professional to this particular issue.
BigFightFan
The last email was very tasteless, but what else can we expect from someone over the Internet.
flazi
it really is amazing how Ben has kept his composure and kept on spitting facts in light of the fact that people are throwing racist and other comments at him. kudos to him. great job. shows you what kind of journalist he is and his professionalism.
toff
QUOTE (flazi @ Dec 19 2011, 03:45 PM) *
it really is amazing how Ben has kept his composure and kept on spitting facts in light of the fact that people are throwing racist and other comments at him. kudos to him. great job. shows you what kind of journalist he is and his professionalism.

Ben, I feel ya, we needed to see that, keep up the great work.
dhoward126
Being that my girlfriend of six years is Filipino...I must hide my opinions and beliefs that boxing exists outside of Manny Pacquiao. I live in fear, absolute fear that I may slip that Mayweather would torturously beat him. Other than that though, it'd hideous that people can be so close-minded and needlessly racist and it's rather pathetic of them. They can kiss my ass! However, I do appreciate that they still check out the site and thank them for their patronage! They like us enough to comment and read our stories.
Cheesey1
I didn't bother reading the mailbags because I had an idea of what the dregs of mankind would write. The beauty of it though is that every time they read a FightHype article then that's more money in FightHype's pockets. Haha. Good for FightHype. Plus those idiots have obviously forgotten "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." I'm a bit older and have come across quite a few racist cowards in my day and as long as they don't go postal, then all they've done is given me a laugh. Now if they start going postal like the nut job in Florence the other day (probably the idiot in Belgium too), that pathetic little man in Norway, or the fool that shot the congresswoman (senator?) in Arizona then obviously something needs to be done about them, but otherwise it's nothing more than a bunch of pathetic individuals being pathetic.

One thing that I would like to see in America is criminal penalties (misdemeanors) for using racist language. Unfortunately that probably isn't realistic given the incessant use of the dumbest word in the English language (that I will never repeat) by apparently everyone that listens to hip-hop (black, hispanic, white).
Cshel86
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Dec 19 2011, 05:44 PM) *
I must hide my opinions and beliefs that boxing exists outside of Manny Pacquiao. I live in fear, absolute fear that I may slip that Mayweather would torturously beat him.

Let's hope she doesn't get her hands on those archived FH Radio podcasts...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 19 2011, 05:52 PM) *
Plus those idiots have obviously forgotten "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Of course Cheesey, words would never hurt a guy from Mars cool.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Dec 19 2011, 06:44 PM) *
Being that my girlfriend of six years is Filipino...I must hide my opinions and beliefs that boxing exists outside of Manny Pacquiao. I live in fear, absolute fear that I may slip that Mayweather would torturously beat him. Other than that though, it'd hideous that people can be so close-minded and needlessly racist and it's rather pathetic of them. They can kiss my ass! However, I do appreciate that they still check out the site and thank them for their patronage! They like us enough to comment and read our stories.

Dan....I know EXACTLY what you mean. While my GF isn't Filipino (though I've stayed in quite a few Holiday Inn Expresses w/ them..lol), I've had some otherwise cool Filipino friends of mine "flip the switch" on me in regards to Pac. It wasn't 'til reality set in (I'm no easy win), did their "Pinoy Pride" take a back seat.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2011, 07:19 PM) *
Let's hope she doesn't get her hands on those archived FH Radio podcasts...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Of course Cheesey, words would never hurt a guy from Mars cool.gif

For real my brother. When you're from Mars you're above small minded people, but that doesn't mean that we don't know how to show them what real anger is all about. As they say, we never start the war, but rest assured that we will finish it. Space age stylee!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 19 2011, 09:39 PM) *
For real my brother. When you're from Mars you're above small minded people, but that doesn't mean that we don't know how to show them what real anger is all about. As they say, we never start the war, but rest assured that we will finish it. Space age stylee!!!

+1

Classic Cheesey laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 19 2011, 09:43 PM) *
+1

Classic Cheesey laugh.gif

Thanks.
Cshel86
I dont mean to be the guy that asks the dumb question, but where are the mailbag articles located? Usually I see them on the front page, but I haven't seen one in a hot minute.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.