Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Golden Girl Crybabies
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jhill47
Ok so I just read the article on the front page about Amir "Queen" Kahn filing a complaint to get his loss overturned. Really? I mean seriously is this what have to look forward to when a golden boy fighter losses a fight. They have bitched about 3 fights being an injustice. To be fair to Hopkins fight was legit. But the two piece special Ortiz got the and the track meet Kahn lost are just these guys being lil bitches. I think Kahn is a sore loser who overlooked Peterson and got his ass kicked. Take it as a lesson learned and move the fuck on. Thats my 2 cents what do you guys think about this shit. Oh yeah sorry for cussin
Cshel86
You're right...the motherfucker overlooked Peterson, got his ass kicked in a somewhat controversial decision (over 1 point, if that), and now his little vajayjay hurts because he wants his titles back...go figure. Let's not forget though, almost everybody at Garter Belt Promotions, gets their way when it comes to a rematch and so forth...especially Hopkins.

Ortiz was crying about a FMJ rematch, but he only did that for money...being the fact that he fucked himself up in that fight. Hopkins ALWAYS gets his way when it comes to a rematch. Let's not be surprised if Khan gets a rematch before the summer. Im not sure if Peterson has a team that is able to deal with this newly found success, so they may slip up and get hoodwinked into another rematch before Peterson gets a chance to enjoy the fame.
Jhill47
I'm happy for Peterson and I really wanna see the guy make a name for himself. I hope he has a good team so he won't get screwed by fishnets and company. Dirty fuckin monkeys
fightscoreollector
Being from the UK i think Khan is certainly losing fans because of his crying. He was beaten fair and square. I hope Peterson does what best for him and gets as much money as possible for either a rematch with Khan or Bradley.

A match with Maidana would also be interesting and no doubt HBO would pick this up
Jack 1000
I think Golden Boy Promotions are hypocrites. Yes, there was some home cooking by the local ref with one point taken away in the 12th that was not fair and in the 7th round, which was boarder-line. However, where were "Grin Boy" and his entourage company when Agbeko was getting hit in the nuts 60 times by "THEIR" fighter, Abner Mares? Where was the WBC, who's Silver (Elimination title) belt was also on the line?

That's one of the biggest problems I have with big promoters, and it's not just Delahoya. They only bitch when an injustice goes against THEIR fighter. Or you get guys like Jose Sulaiman and Bob Arum protecting Margarito, despite being caught with loaded gloves, and putting all the blame on the trainer. But a Mexican President of a World Organization bashing a Mexican fighter? How many times do we see that happen? Practically NEVER! Arum plays that same line of bullshit. He's catered to the Mexican/Hispanic/Latin-American population for YEARS. Look at how he comes to Margarito's defense. Bob and Jose. The same shit, just coming out of the asses of two different people.

Delahoya's company Richard Schaefer, and Hopkins only cry when an injustice has been done to them. But if an opponent that they are fighting gets shitted on? They could care less. Is Golden Boy really following in the steps of Bob Arum and WBC President Jose Sulaiman concerning favoritism to Mexican/Latin American fighters?

I blame a lot of Khan's loss for not petitioning the WBA/IBF for a neutral referee. That type of protest would at least have some merit. This ref (Joe Cooper) was a local. They could have picked someone with more experience in big fights. It seems like we would have gotten fairness if this had been the case.

Jack
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 21 2011, 04:37 AM) *
I think Golden Boy Promotions are hypocrites. Yes, there was some home cooking by the local ref with one point taken away in the 12th that was not fair and in the 7th round, which was boarder-line. However, where were "Grin Boy" and his entourage company when Agbeko was getting hit in the nuts 60 times by "THEIR" fighter, Abner Mares? Where was the WBC, who's Silver (Elimination title) belt was also on the line?

That's one of the biggest problems I have with big promoters, and it's not just Delahoya. They only bitch when an injustice goes against THEIR fighter. Or you get guys like Jose Sulaiman and Bob Arum protecting Margarito, despite being caught with loaded gloves, and putting all the blame on the trainer. But a Mexican President of a World Organization bashing a Mexican fighter? How many times do we see that happen? Practically NEVER! Arum plays that same line of bullshit. He's catered to the Mexican/Hispanic/Latin-American population for YEARS. Look at how he comes to Margarito's defense. Bob and Jose. The same shit, just coming out of the asses of two different people.

Delahoya's company Richard Schaefer, and Hopkins only cry when an injustice has been done to them. But if an opponent that they are fighting gets shitted on? They could care less. Is Golden Boy really following in the steps of Bob Arum and WBC President Jose Sulaiman concerning favoritism to Mexican/Latin American fighters?

I blame a lot of Khan's loss for not petitioning the WBA/IBF for a neutral referee. That type of protest would at least have some merit. This ref (Joe Cooper) was a local. They could have picked someone with more experience in big fights. It seems like we would have gotten fairness if this had been the case.

Jack

In the end Khan's arrogance was his undoing and Arum's greed will be the end of him soon....I rather it be very soon. Oscar and Co. aren't as bad as The Mexican Penguin and Windbag Arum but they are getting there if they keep showing lack of sportsmanship nor respect. Khan needed that loss as he was over looking Peterson too much.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 21 2011, 04:37 AM) *

Jack

+1

Exactly! Isn't it always like that? It's suddenly "injustice" when they come up short, but when their fighter eases away with a questionable victory, its fine and dandy. Hence Mares's first victory over Agbeko, and Khan's loss to Peterson...it seems to suddenly be a big deal. It happens to the best of them, but what can we do?

Khan should've used the neutral referee argument, as a chief complaint...maybe he would've stirred some things up, but crying, "I want my titles back", just killed his whole case. The IBF has already denied his petition, so he's left with the WBA...better hope they show mercy. If not, then Khan aaaalready knows what to do...yep, you got it, he can go to a corner and fuck himself in a brisk and lively manner laugh.gif

Cshel86
Dont get me wrong, Khan is a decent fighter and I'll watch him fight again, but it was his own state of mind coming into this fight, that hurt him. Who told him to allow himself to be backed in the corner and against the ropes and be hit by Peterson? Nobody. Who told him to "shake his head no" while Peterson's punches landed and won rounds? Nobody. Who told him to run most of the fight? Nobody. Who told him to blatantly ignore the ref's warnings? Nobody.

If he was as great as he blew himself up to be, then he could've neutralized some/most of Peterson's offense and won the fight. Did he allow these things to happen, or did the Peterson soup surprise just catch him off guard? That remains to be seen...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 21 2011, 05:37 AM) *
I think Golden Boy Promotions are hypocrites.
That's one of the biggest problems I have with big promoters, and it's not just Delahoya. They only bitch when an injustice goes against THEIR fighter.

Delahoya's company Richard Schaefer, and Hopkins only cry when an injustice has been done to them. But if an opponent that they are fighting gets shitted on? They could care less.

You, sir, have just summed up EVERY promoter, big or small. This doesn't bother me, as it is expected behavior (maybe that's the problem) to protect your business *cough* financial * cough, cough, interests.

I mean, do you think Haymon (not an official promoter..lol) doesn't do the same for his fighters?
Jack 1000
Who told him to run most of the fight? Nobody. Who told him to blatantly ignore the ref's warnings? Nobody.

I do recall Cooper the ref in the fight giving several warnings to Khan, as you could here him in the background, before the points were taken away. I am not questioning his fairness or lack of it. I am just saying you could hear him warning Khan about the "pushing" incidents that are being called into question by his team. I would like to see a rematch with neutral officials. However, no overturn of the first fight's result.

Jack
wolterb
peterson was in a catch 22 for that fight. being that it was in his hometown, regardless of the pushing, a decision win for peterson wouldve been suspect. especially against an up and coming fighter who is supposed to be a next big thing like khan.

i agree with shell's thought that khan's underwhelming performance might've been because he wasn't expecting peterson to show up in the way he did - but to be honest i haven't seen khan do anything remarkable. i still think he has good feet under him but that does not make a boxer. his best victory is against maidana who he ran away from the full 12 and survived. maidana is an entertaining fighter but he isn't exceptional - otherwise he woulda dispatched morales in a much more convincing manner
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 22 2011, 02:27 PM) *
peterson was in a catch 22 for that fight. being that it was in his hometown, regardless of the pushing, a decision win for peterson wouldve been suspect. especially against an up and coming fighter who is supposed to be a next big thing like khan.

i agree with shell's thought that khan's underwhelming performance might've been because he wasn't expecting peterson to show up in the way he did - but to be honest i haven't seen khan do anything remarkable. i still think he has good feet under him but that does not make a boxer. his best victory is against maidana who he ran away from the full 12 and survived. maidana is an entertaining fighter but he isn't exceptional - otherwise he woulda dispatched morales in a much more convincing manner

I couldn't agree with you more man! Eyebrows would've been raised regardless, unless Peterson would've cleaned Khan's clock. I have yet to see much from him either, but I put stock into him since he was the only one in the division that seemed to be going somewhere.

His footwork was TERRIBLE in this fight...and it was quite evident from the second round on.
Jack 1000
I will say one thing about Richard Schaefer in his defense,

I do think it is deplorable in this day and age that we have commissions who tally Master Scoresheet's that look like shit. Richard claims that the Master Scoresheet shows that judge George Hill's, (who had Peterson up 113-112) total was 10-10 originally in the Master Scoresheet. This was the round in which Khan lost a point for "pushing" which would make it a 10-9 Khan round, IF the Master Scoresheet is correct. The official scorecard slip is the little folded piece of paper that the referee collects from each judge and than gives to the commission seated at ringside.

We are getting more commissions with Master Scoresheet errors, and than they have this mess they have to go and find the judges slip of paper for the rounds in question. The scores are actually tallied, not by the judges, but by the local commission with the world championship federation supervisors provided a copy of the master scorecard.

I used to think, have the judges do scores on a computer with the same 10-point must system and traditional closed scoring that I support. But I don't know about putting trust in Microsoft software and/or some of these commissioners who can't add up simple numbers. That's the joke of this whole thing.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.