Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Legal Update (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MaxPayne
Mayweather Accepts Plea Deal

All cases have now officially be resolved. I'm not sure when the sentencing will occur as a part of the plea deal, but the range is from 2 days to 18 months in Clark County Jail.

David Mayo believes that Floyd will serve much closer to lower end of that range, and I agree with him.

I'm not sure about paving the way to a Pacquiao fight, as we know Papa Arum and the games he loves to play, i.e. no Floyd fight because he says so.

mgrover
am guessing now arums praying for maximum sentence, hell if mayweather gets maximum sentence I'd be looking at where arums hands have been.
Cshel86
Watch him get 18 months...just to turn around and pull a Lindsay Lohan laugh.gif Im sure that'll piss Arum off!
Cshel86
Was I the only one that stopped reading after the picture of Pacquiao was magically inserted into the article?
JONdaCON817
Nahh, he'll probably get the weekend in County then be let out on a work release program where he'll probably juss fund some fundraiser or do community service.. this should be a walk in the Park... misdemeanor assault is the equivalent to simple assault (which you could get from spitting on someone) so this case is pretty much settled... we know Josie Harris is a gold diggin bitch and tho May was described as being "On top of her hitting and kiccing her" im sure this may be greatly exaggerated...
bnoles4life
Didn't he plead guilty to misdemeanor charges? If so, he won't do time...he'll get probation, but I doubt (not for certain) he'll need to get his incarceration lingo in order.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 21 2011, 11:34 AM) *
but I doubt (not for certain) he'll need to get his incarceration lingo in order.

...let alone, have to worry about fighting over a peanut butter sandwich. Two hots and a cot! laugh.gif
DubC
WOW. 90 days? no2.gif

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
hahaha glad this women beating piece of shit got what he deserved.
BigFightFan
He is probably looking at 30 days max with good behavior and the time served. This would be great 24/7 material....
Hotsauce
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 21 2011, 05:03 PM) *

he actually got a slap on the wrist
ks1
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 21 2011, 04:47 PM) *
he actually got a slap on the wrist

Yep. He was looking at 34 years and felony convictions. He got misdeamenors and 90 days. Not surprisingly, some people don't understand that while he was SENTENCED to 90 days, he won't SERVE 90 days. I'd say 30 days max in county.
cuzzo707
Ya he will be out in like a month good time, he'll be straight, homey won't be in population. The media twists things up and don't know what they be talkin bout. One website said he gon be in jail 6 months. Real cats that did time know what's up not that it is to be glorified but Floyd gon be straight. I can't wait for him to knock it out and get back in the ring. GOAT
flazi
yeah 30 days max in jail and you're right, he won't be in population. He will be out in Feb.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (ks1 @ Dec 21 2011, 06:00 PM) *
Yep. He was looking at 34 years and felony convictions. He got misdeamenors and 90 days. Not surprisingly, some people don't understand that while he was SENTENCED to 90 days, he won't SERVE 90 days. I'd say 30 days max in county.

the only way floyd will serve less than 90 days is overpopulation or good behavior
ks1
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 21 2011, 06:28 PM) *
the only way floyd will serve less than 90 days is overpopulation or good behavior

Both are very likely.
Box in Hand
Here is the video. Check out Floyd getting mad looking at his watch.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...4#disqus_thread

Cshel86
To be safe and say he'll do the whole 90 days for a few squabbles is fair...let's not forget that there are Pactards everywhere...even in jail laugh.gif

Man, there are some people out there who are rejoicing as if this dude got the whole 34 years...not remembering that he will be released shortly. The funny thing is, we'll still be back to square one with the non-negotiating, windbag Arum making excuses, and Mr. Me No Speak No English still wont have any say so about the damn fight.

Not a good look for Floyd, in regards to the setback that comes with this, though it's minor. I guess we can forget about the May 5th in the meantime (possibly), but hell, we only see him fight once a year anyway, so this wont be any different. Now Arum is gonna have Pac's opponents line up all the way through Dec. '12...ooops my bad, Im sure he's already done that a while back laugh.gif
kingknockout
Even if he does serve only 30 days....to someone that's not use to going in and out of prison....30 days could feel like a whole year.

also, I never been to prison, and hope I never have too.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 21 2011, 08:14 PM) *
To be safe and say he'll do the whole 90 days for a few squabbles is fair...let's not forget that there are Pactards everywhere...even in jail laugh.gif

Man, there are some people out there who are rejoicing as if this dude got the whole 34 years...not remembering that he will be released shortly. The funny thing is, we'll still be back to square one with the non-negotiating, windbag Arum making excuses, and Mr. Me No Speak No English still wont have any say so about the damn fight.

Not a good look for Floyd, in regards to the setback that comes with this, though it's minor. I guess we can forget about the May 5th in the meantime (possibly), but hell, we only see him fight once a year anyway, so this wont be any different. Now Arum is gonna have Pac's opponents line up all the way through Dec. '12...ooops my bad, Im sure he's already done that a while back laugh.gif

Hey may not speaka no English, but he speaks "taxes"....LOL
bnoles4life
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 21 2011, 08:22 PM) *
Even if he does serve only 30 days....to someone that's not use to going in and out of prison....30 days could feel like a whole year.

True that, but if you can't see Floyd paying for protection while he's in, you're not using your imagination enough. LOL
Run and Gun Game Calls
Im not sure if he can get out early or not, the actual sentence was 6 months with 90 days suspended, so he may end up serving the full 90 days
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 21 2011, 07:49 PM) *
Hey may not speaka no English, but he speaks "taxes"....LOL

laugh.gif

I think the media will hate him more if he doesn't do the full 90 days...
flazi
no way he does 90 days. and no way he needs protection. he will be in an island all to his self. remember its county jail not the state penn.
BoxingEinstein

I doubt Mayweather even hit the woman. This is the same woman who took May to court years ago and then took the case off because she said she lied. She even said that Mayweather was like a soft guy and would never put his hands on her. I want to see the evidence of her being hit and the only thing that is weird about all of this, is the kids who testified or told on Mayweather were seen with him in his home in 24/7 which to me is weird. SMH....I just think they want to make an example of Mayweather.
leonthegee
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 21 2011, 01:03 PM) *

Im sure youll change your tune when Floyd gets out in a month.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 21 2011, 08:55 PM) *
Im sure youll change your tune when Floyd gets out in a month.

laugh.gif
mrchitown
It's unfortunate that he has to do some time. I saw comments that Dan Rafael made on twitter about Floyd, some people just have no class. I think people who've never been to court or Been in the system like that should STFU, I don't want to see anyone go to jail but he knew what it was when he copped out. At least he's not,going to the pen and doing 23 and 1. That would be real phucked up. as far as the 90 days, he all ready got 3 days credit so that's 87 right there and he'll be out quicker with good behavior. I think he'll do more then 30 though. They said he will be in iso or PC for people who don't know the terminology. I just hope after this unfortunate situation he stays out of trouble or next time it'll be worse. That May 5th date is dead for him. Boxing should be the furthest thng from his mind right now any way
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 21 2011, 09:58 PM) *
I saw comments that Dan Rafael made on twitter about Floyd, some people just have no class.

Post 'em!
Hotsauce
latimespugmire Lance Pugmire
Clark County Court spokeswoman tells me @FloydMayweather, with good behavior, would get out of jail by March 11. #boxing
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 21 2011, 09:10 PM) *
Post 'em!

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Ask Dewey Bozella about copping a plea to something you didn't do.
about 2 hours ago     

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
By the way, to all those who defend Mayweather and say he got a raw deal, remember one thing: You don't cop a plea if you're innocent.
about an hour ago     
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 21 2011, 10:45 PM) *
danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Ask Dewey Bozella about copping a plea to something you didn't do.
about 2 hours ago     

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
By the way, to all those who defend Mayweather and say he got a raw deal, remember one thing: You don't cop a plea if you're innocent.
about an hour ago     

laugh.gif

Fuck 'em! Shit happens in life...outside of the ring, of course. Im sure if the Mayweathers returned his phone calls and gave him exclusive access to them, then his opinion would be a bit different. Hell, even Arum says that Rafael doesn't know what he's talking about laugh.gif I agree, an innocent man doesn't choose a plea deal.

He's the unsuccessful brother of the two! See why he's mad? laugh.gif

MaxPayne
"Mayweather would likely serve most of the 90-day sentence, but could serve several weeks less if he gets credit for good behavior, said Officer Bill Cassell, a Las Vegas police spokesman."

Those are encouraging words, taken from an AP article on Yahoo, simply because they come from a police source.

In one sense, it will most likely force him to not hold to the May 5th fight date, as a Jan 6th jail reporting date means he would get out of the joint in February or March at the earliest, depending on when exactly he gets out.

Now, if he were to be amenable to fighting later in June or July, then we could still see him fight someone near the original fight date.

An appeal isn't worth it, simply because it will drag out the process further and any marginal gains gotten from a reduced sentence would be off-set by the time required to come to a new decision on jail time.

Cook County Jail isn't exactly Leavenworth. He will most likely be able to bring some basic training equipment (skipping rope, light weights, etc.) and will have regular contact with his training staff. The diet is an issue, because we've all heard the stories about food at the joint. If he chooses to limit his food intake, he'll have to put on lost muscle weight when he gets out.

All in all, it is what it is and can't be helped at this time. Do the time and get out there as soon as possible.

I'm actually thinking that the winner of the Ortiz - Berto fight would be an ideal opponent for Floyd if he is actually able to somehow hold to the May 5th date. Both of those guys need some kind of external advantage for people to think that they have a shot, i.e. something like Mayweather having a compromised fight camp simply because of the jail time. It could be intriguing.

One last point about Dan Rafael:

He's a straight up hoe ass bitch. His vajayjay hurts because Floyd doesn't fuck with him and chooses to talk only to real writers like the guys on Fighthype, David Mayo and a few others. His ass hurts because he keeps trying to get hold of someone from Floyd's camp but they know that his bitch ass isn't on the level, so he's been ignored for years.

All of these tweets are little Dan's attempt to look for some measure of "vindication" in his open disregard for Floyd. He's a straight up fruit booty type bitch who deserves to get slapped the fuck up and stuffed in a trash can.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 21 2011, 10:08 PM) *
laugh.gif

Fuck 'em! Shit happens in life...outside of the ring, of course. Im sure if the Mayweathers returned his phone calls and gave him exclusive access to them, then his opinion would be a bit different. Hell, even Arum says that Rafael doesn't know what he's talking about laugh.gif I agree, an innocent man doesn't choose a plea deal.

He's the unsuccessful brother of the two! See why he's mad? laugh.gif

I never noticed the similarities between the two until now lol. And I agre, I do believe some of his feelings toward the manner is rooted in hm being bitter towards Floyd. But I disagree with the plea deal and innocence bit. And I say that because I "know" of people who have copped out in order to avoid a lengthy sentence or because they know the deck is stacked against them
BoxingEinstein

LMAO @ Cshel's pic...damn Shel..you went in on Fat Man Dan with just a pic..see if I was a pro boxer I would use pics and the net to promote my fights or to antagonize my opponent.
That ain't true, there's a lot of people in the history of the judicial system and cases who took plea deals and they were innocent and had no evidence against them but somehow got time for witnesses' testimonies, which here is an example in Mayweather's current case in order to shorten their time in case the prosecutors got the jury on their side to give the "suspect" in the case longer sentencing or full instead of a plea deal.

Fat Man Dan Rafael is a sore hoe who didn't get the love they wanted so is now bitter until they get the attention they wanted. Watch when Mayweather gets out Fat Man Dan will be one of the first people to report his release. He loves Floyd but disguises himself as a hater. Transformers robots in disguise.
EpTXCHAMP
the big problem here is now that floyd is locked up, looks like we are going to have to settle for even more of the weekly james toney and mayweather Sr interviews to fill in for Jr's absence (unless hype gets an exclusive behind the bars interviews) lol
Warlord
QUOTE (cuzzo707 @ Dec 21 2011, 06:08 PM) *
Ya he will be out in like a month good time, he'll be straight, homey won't be in population. The media twists things up and don't know what they be talkin bout. One website said he gon be in jail 6 months. Real cats that did time know what's up not that it is to be glorified but Floyd gon be straight. I can't wait for him to knock it out and get back in the ring. GOAT

I didn't know Alaska had ghettos.
fightscoreollector
Manny Pacquaio has a free first 6 months of 2012 to fight any opponent....who will it be???

my guess is that Bob Arum will get his wish and go for a Pacquiao vs Marquez 4
Box in Hand
I love Floyd and hope things turn out ok and anyone that is glad this happens is an idiot. This man has children and what you don't like about him is probably his public persona that he created and not the real man. We are all very lucky to be witnessing him at work. I would give my left nut and my fine ass wife's right titty to be able to Sugar Ray Robinson fight but since I can't I will settle for Floyd.
Hops
This is what the elder Mayweathers are afraid of. Floyd needs to keep himself busy fighting or else he does some bad things outside the ring.
mgrover
i hate this because now arum has more fuel to add to his propaganda fire...
checkHook
I still don't see that man doing more than 10 days in County. His lawyers, I'm sure, knew this was a possibility and will be working around the clock to get that Lindsey Lohan treatment. Maybe up the community service from 100 to 500 hours. But 30 days? Not buying it. And I won't buy it until they put him in and let him out 30 days later.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 22 2011, 08:06 AM) *
i hate this because now arum has more fuel to add to his propaganda fire...

+1

Best believe this motherfucker will milk Floyd's minimal sentence to the core, and keep Manny's ass as far away from him as possible no2.gif

QUOTE (checkHook @ Dec 22 2011, 03:17 PM) *
I still don't see that man doing more than 10 days in County. His lawyers, I'm sure, knew this was a possibility and will be working around the clock to get that Lindsey Lohan treatment. Maybe up the community service from 100 to 500 hours. But 30 days? Not buying it. And I won't buy it until they put him in and let him out 30 days later.

This remains to be seen...
BigFightFan
Pac vs Marquez 4 May 5th at the MGM. Mark your calendars....
daprofessor
i plead guilty to something i was innocent of in the past because my public defender(p.o.s) suggested i do so. i was totally innocent, but the judge himself told me that the prosecuter would seek maximum sentence if i chose to fight it. maximum sentence meant a serious fine and jail time. copping the plea meant 1yr probation. i was a kid at the time...i copped the plea. similar shit happens in traffic court all the time. i know i'm innocent, but it's my word against the police officers. i've watched ppl defend themselves in traffic court and make some damn compelling cases catching an officer in several lies and mistakes only to have a judge rule against them. i'm not saying floyd is innocent or guilty. only he and the chick know for sure.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2011, 07:32 PM) *
my public defender(p.o.s) suggested i do so.

laugh.gif That was the problem right there. A public defender will get the fuck outta dodge when shit gets heated.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2011, 07:32 PM) *
i've watched ppl defend themselves in traffic court and make some damn compelling cases catching an officer in several lies

I've had several dates in traffic court, and it pretty much went as you said. I got to the point where I didn't even prepare speeches anymore, I just went to court in all hopes that the price would get reduced or I was hoping for an extension since the citation payment didn't fall on payday for me.

You're right though, nobody knows the whole truth in this case, other than Floyd and the victim. You have the victim that has lied about this same type of incident in the past, then you have Floyd parading his kids around all summer as if there was no protective order put in place, no photo evidence of the assault (since technology, social sites and such are so popular and convenient), and thats what the public is left with dntknw.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 27 2011, 08:02 PM) *
laugh.gif That was the problem right there. A public defender will get the fuck outta dodge when shit gets heated.

I've had several dates in traffic court, and it pretty much went as you said. I got to the point where I didn't even prepare speeches anymore, I just went to court in all hopes that the price would get reduced or I was hoping for an extension since the citation payment didn't fall on payday for me.

You're right though, nobody knows the whole truth in this case, other than Floyd and the victim. You have the victim that has lied about this same type of incident in the past, then you have Floyd parading his kids around all summer as if there was no protective order put in place, no photo evidence of the assault (since technology, social sites and such are so popular and convenient), and thats what the public is left with dntknw.gif

i won't even get into my divorce or how much that cost me. sad.gif but i will say that lawyers/courts are the biggest racket in this country! the law shouldn't be so difficult. a common man should be able to defend himself in a court of law...but that isn't the case. retainer fees for good lawyers are outrageous!!! it's obvious to me the system doesn't work. we have plenty of innocent ppl in jail and guilty ppl walking free. again...i don't know for sure what happened with floyd and his ex so i won't judge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.