Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamont Peterson Vs Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

It seems Lamont would like to avenge his brother Anthony Petersons first loss, what's your take on this match up?

I see Lamont with a close UD fight and some KD's that Rios will give but a good fight nonetheless that I see Lamont winning.
flazi
Rios won't be that strong at 140. Everyone will be the same size or bigger than him and he won't have the same advantages as he had at 135. that being said Lamont outboxes him easily.
checkleft
^^ pretty much how I see it
Cheesey1
I haven't seen that much of Rios, but based on what I've seen, I agree with the consensus i.e. Peterson by UD.
Cshel86
Yeah I believe Rios will have more of a fight on his hands with this Peterson brother, than the last one. Hell, he outweighed A. Peterson by 15-17 lbs. Surely Lamont will come into the fight at around 155 like he did for the Khan fight. He's way more "effectively" aggressive than his brother, and he takes a better punch.

So yes, the boxing clinic/spurts of exchanges will be in full effect...
dhoward126
This will be a repeat of the Victor Cayo fight, except that Cayo was smart enough to block punches. Peterson stops him IMO, 9-10 rounds.
kingknockout
was this the fight where the younger brother tried to "slug" it out with some other fighter only to get knocked down, he also was given a swollen eye I think.

I'm not sure, the fight was stopped because the other peterson started throwing low blow after low blow.........

I think if he would have just slowed down and boxed he could have won.

I didn't see the fight though, just some of the highlights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 24 2011, 03:46 PM) *
was this the fight where the younger brother tried to "slug" it out with some other fighter only to get knocked down, he also was given a swollen eye I think.

I'm not sure, the fight was stopped because the other peterson started throwing low blow after low blow.........

I think if he would have just slowed down and boxed he could have won.

I didn't see the fight though, just some of the highlights.

Yep, this is the fight that you speak of. Anthony was outweighed and lacked the punching power to gain Rios's respect. Those low blows were intentional after a while, but in the same breath, the Peterson bros. are known for their punches to drift low while doing body work. Anthony just frustrated with Rios, so yes, those were intentional laugh.gif
mrchitown
I think Peterson by UD but I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped Rios due to his body work. I'd like to see how Rios mentally holds up against a fighter who can take what he's throwing. I don't think he will cary the power to put Lamont down for the count
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.