Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquaio vs Peterson - Why not?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
I read that Freddie Roach has mentioned Lamont Peterson as a possible opponent for Manny Pacquaio next fight.

I dont think the fans would want to see a Marquez 4th fight or a return with Cotto for Pacquaio , right now tim bradley is the fans choice to fight the pacman.

But wht not Peterson , it works out perfectly for him.....

1. he gets paid more than he would get vs Khan or Bradley..i think he get $2m minimum for a Pacquaio fight.

2. he doesnt need to risk his 140 ibf and wba titles

3. he will still be Able to rematch Bhan and bradley especially if they stay at the 140 weight.

4. hes a free agent so the fight is easy to make
mgrover
his style means he'd be KD pretty fast on way to a speedy stoppage. why do people keep putting out people not in his weight class? or havent even been proven in that weight class. if he wants to fight the pacman then hes a mug. no this isnt nughugging, but youve seen what he does to people who come forward and thats going to be peterson all night along, i doubt he can counter anything like marquez or the ring IQ of marquez.

unless you mean pacman drops to 140.
Cshel86
Yeah Lamont may want to wait on this one, but on the other hand, he DOESN'T have much to lose if he takes that step. He will earn a big payday, and like you said, keep his titles and fight on. I think Peterson should play it safe, or take a decent challenge and win by KO, to keep the interest going.

Pacquiao will put him to sleep, Im convinced. I dont even see Pac coming down to 140 for this, he may make Lamont do some handicapped type shit in order to get the fight laugh.gif Lamont will have to coming in at 143 (or some dumb-shit-ass weight like that), then only be allowed to rehydrate 2 lbs, and wear some BIG ass gloves to put a big spin on it, while Pac wears 8 oz gloves laugh.gif

This shit will be a mess for Lamont if it ever comes to play...
dhoward126
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 24 2011, 02:47 PM) *
Yeah Lamont may want to wait on this one, but on the other hand, he DOESN'T have much to lose if he takes that step. He will earn a big payday, and like you said, keep his titles and fight on. I think Peterson should play it safe, or take a decent challenge and win by KO, to keep the interest going.

Pacquiao will put him to sleep, Im convinced. I dont even see Pac coming down to 140 for this, he may make Lamont do some handicapped type shit in order to get the fight laugh.gif Lamont will have to coming in at 143 (or some dumb-shit-ass weight like that), then only be allowed to rehydrate 2 lbs, and wear some BIG ass gloves to put a big spin on it, while Pac wears 8 oz gloves laugh.gif

This shit will be a mess for Lamont if it ever comes to play...

Based off how Manny has looked in his past two fights and considering the heavy amounts of punishment he's taken over the last few years in addition to his age (32), I think Lamont Peterson is more of a risk than one would think. You have a tall fighter that has good movement, a good jab and can fight on the inside? At least Khan was about Lamont's height, Pacquiao is shorter. I think Pac is prime for a fall right now and the powers that be may be perpetuating it. More on 2012's first Pillar to Post!
kingknockout
I'll think pacman would win,

but most folks already under estimated Lamont before and then the khan fight happened so who knows.
Cheesey1
As others said earlier, Lamont has a mostly straight forward style and that style of boxing has been proven time and time again to be perfect for Pacquaio. On the other hand, as also mentioned by others, Peterson is skillfull enough to use his height, ostensibly reach andvantage and can move. While he does have movement, I think that he likes to mix it up more than he likes to use his movement. If he doesn't just come forward, but uses his jab, moves / turns Pacquaio etc then yeah, Peterson has a chance, but Pacquaio's still the favourite.
mrwigi
HAHA.. While Lamont may have been able to edge out a decision over Khan, he really isnt in the same league as the Pacman. I see either a late KO or a wide UD.
Cshel86
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Dec 24 2011, 02:18 PM) *
Based off how Manny has looked in his past two fights and considering the heavy amounts of punishment he's taken over the last few years in addition to his age (32), I think Lamont Peterson is more of a risk than one would think. You have a tall fighter that has good movement, a good jab and can fight on the inside? At least Khan was about Lamont's height, Pacquiao is shorter. I think Pac is prime for a fall right now and the powers that be may be perpetuating it. More on 2012's first Pillar to Post!

I will give Lamont a chance, based on your observations, but Im more concerned about how he will react when a Pacquiao punch lands...thats usually the chief concern anyhow.
Kratza
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 28 2011, 02:02 AM) *
I will give Lamont a chance, based on your observations, but Im more concerned about how he will react when a Pacquiao punch lands...thats usually the chief concern anyhow.

I'd give Peterson a chance aswell, he held up against Khans speed and went on to win the fight
and at this moment i believe Khan is faster than Pacman (after watching Pac-Marquez 3)
So if he can stand up against Pac's power he could have a good chance in the fight
The Original MrFactor
funny. It seems that this would be a conflict of interest for freddie to even say Peterson is a possible opponent for Pac. i wonder what Amir Khan thinks of that. isnt he screaming for an immediate rematch?? I thought he and Pac wwere cool.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 28 2011, 10:52 AM) *
I'd give Peterson a chance aswell, he held up against Khans speed and went on to win the fight
and at this moment i believe Khan is faster than Pacman (after watching Pac-Marquez 3)
So if he can stand up against Pac's power he could have a good chance in the fight

+1

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 30 2011, 04:31 AM) *
funny. It seems that this would be a conflict of interest for freddie to even say Peterson is a possible opponent for Pac. i wonder what Amir Khan thinks of that. isnt he screaming for an immediate rematch?? I thought he and Pac wwere cool.

Conflict of interest? Nope. Yet another kick in the pants for Khan? Absolutely. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.