Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andre Dirrell's comeback
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
Andre Dirrell's back. Does anyone expect good things from him? I do. I bet Arthur Abraham wouldn't take a rematch. Dirrell would kick his ass again.
Cshel86
Im wondering if his opponent is a soft touch or not...I would assume that he is. Im expecting Andre to take his time and knock the rust off in his comeback. His brother's recent fight wasn't that bad, given his height and reach advantage.

Im hoping that he takes this fight the distance, even if he clearly outclasses him. I would hate to see him get this guy outta there fast, and still call out Bute and other big name fighters. Watching both of these guys fight is a site to see, though I slightly prefer Anthony over Andre. I remember their Friday Night Fight days, as well as the Peterson brothers!
daprofessor
i hope he went back to school and learned some things. it's clear he has the athleticism and talent to compete on the highest levels...but he lacks real defensive skills. i like him...but truth be told, he has a lot to learn.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2011, 09:28 PM) *
i hope he went back to school and learned some things. it's clear he has the athleticism and talent to compete on the highest levels...but he lacks real defensive skills. i like him...but truth be told, he has a lot to learn.

I agree. I dont believe either of the Dirrell brothers are truly ready for elite competition at the moment. They both have missed valuable time in the sport, due to injury and sickness. There is much left to learn, for the both of them...
Cheesey1
I don't think that Andre Dirrell has a lot to learn, especially since he's been boxing from the time that other kids his age were watching Saturday morning cartoons. He's good enough to not only have qualified for the Olympics but won a Bronze medal. I think that in the past he's just been a bit lazy and maybe lacked a bit of grit.
My money's on him to regain his form. I have to check to see what his upcoming opponent has done and then see what happens in the ring. If Andre D. gets the k.o, good for him, but yeah it's always good to get a full ten/twelve rounds to get rid of the ring rust.
dhoward126
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 28 2011, 11:23 AM) *
I don't think that Andre Dirrell has a lot to learn, especially since he's been boxing from the time that other kids his age were watching Saturday morning cartoons. He's good enough to not only have qualified for the Olympics but won a Bronze medal. I think that in the past he's just been a bit lazy and maybe lacked a bit of grit.
My money's on him to regain his form. I have to check to see what his upcoming opponent has done and then see what happens in the ring. If Andre D. gets the k.o, good for him, but yeah it's always good to get a full ten/twelve rounds to get rid of the ring rust.

He should beat this guy, but I don't think he'll beat Bute. Hell, Abraham was COMING ON to him in those later rounds and I thought Abraham was going to KO him if he didn't get DQd.
Cheesey1
I'd love to see a Dirrell/Abraham rematch. Prove once again just how limited Arthur Abraham is and always has been.

I thought the latter rounds vs.Abraham was more a case of Andre D. being lazy again and letting Abraham back into it. Nonetheless he was still maintaing his lead until "King" Arthur did something very common...(that's "common" as in "you filthy commoner")
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 28 2011, 11:23 AM) *

the thing about andre is that he relies on reflex and athleticism for his defense ala ali, jones and a very few others who happened to have amazing reflexes and athleticism. the problem starts when he fatigues and that fraction of a second is removed from the equation. then he'll start to get his clock cleaned by more solid, fundamentally skilled fighters. he doesn't seem to have big punching power...but he's fun to watch. 'the matrix' is a perfect nickname for him. i'd like to see him learn some traditional defense to extend his career and help him keep some of his brain cells.
mrchitown
I expect great things from Andre Direll and I think he will be a world champion. He just needs to knock off some of that ring rust and tighten up defensively and he'll be fine
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 28 2011, 02:50 PM) *
the thing about andre is that he relies on reflex and athleticism for his defense ala ali, jones and a very few others who happened to have amazing reflexes and athleticism. the problem starts when he fatigues and that fraction of a second is removed from the equation. then he'll start to get his clock cleaned by more solid, fundamentally skilled fighters. he doesn't seem to have big punching power...but he's fun to watch. 'the matrix' is a perfect nickname for him. i'd like to see him learn some traditional defense to extend his career and help him keep some of his brain cells.

I agree about the reflexes and athleticism and what can happen when he gets tired, or is off his game, but Arthur Abraham, a solid and fundamental fighter was supposed to clean his clock. Andre D was beating the crap out of Arthur Abraham until King Arthur pulled a very bitch ass, Morgan La Fey move which got King Arthur DQ'd.
His D in the Abraham fight was so much better than his D in the Froch fight. I agree though that he needs to focus on that and not slip.
kingknockout
I still don't know how dude disappeared for nearly a whole year..........

if can fight when he decides to stop moving all over the ring, and clinching.

seems as though he fights in spurts......he'll just move all over the ring, clinch, then throw a random combo....rinse, recycle and repeat.

daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 29 2011, 12:14 AM) *
I agree about the reflexes and athleticism and what can happen when he gets tired, or is off his game, but Arthur Abraham, a solid and fundamental fighter was supposed to clean his clock. Andre D was beating the crap out of Arthur Abraham until King Arthur pulled a very bitch ass, Morgan La Fey move which got King Arthur DQ'd.
His D in the Abraham fight was so much better than his D in the Froch fight. I agree though that he needs to focus on that and not slip.

i knew he would beat abraham that easily. his defense was better because abraham doesn't throw as much as froch and isn't as long. he fought the perfect fight for the most part. that cheapshot was messed up...and i am glad he took a long break after it. that was a devastating shot that would have softened him up for the next guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.