Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friday Night Fights Returns Jan. 6th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Im ready for FNF to make its return to ESPN! Man, it definitely gets your weekend started (if you're not out that night), and the cards almost never fail to disappoint. I remember watching the Dirrell brothers and the Peterson brothers come up on FNFs. Any memories of this past season? Anybody ready?
daprofessor
fnf has stepped up their game. we got the lara/molina fight....coleman/paris....wasn't rodriguez/wolack 1 on fnf? i can't wait!
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2011, 09:25 PM) *
fnf has stepped up their game. we got the lara/molina fight....coleman/paris....wasn't rodriguez/wolack 1 on fnf? i can't wait!

Again, I agree...Friday Night Fights has stepped their game up tremendously! Yes...Rodriguez/Polak I was on FNF. We also got a chance to see an undefeated Fernando Guerrero get stopped by Grady Brewer, David Diaz get his clock cleaned for the last time by Henry Lundy, Peterson/Cayo, and Karim Mayfield stopped Steve Forbes. We got to see Demetrius Andrade, Shawn Porter, Henry Lundy, and of course the upcoming superstar...Gary Russell Jr!

Does anybody remember Gamboa's FNF days? Andre Berto? Am I the only one that finds the old "HW uncles" funny to watch on FNFs? laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Definitely looking forward to the return of FNF!
Cshel86
Cant knock Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlas! Its cool when there is guest commentary as well...except for Sergio Mora's sorry ass aggressive.gif Its pretty much the flagship show boxing.
daprofessor
u know...originally i never really liked teddy atlas...but lately, the guy seems to be speaking a lot of truth. his commentary can get old and very predictable, but i think he's good for boxing. their commentary is underrated. they have been showcasing some amazing talent and i can't see why that won't continue. they are good for boxing. now if the network would step up it's game and stop letting those bozos on their other shows talk about boxing like they have a clue when they clearly don't...i would be much happier. oh yeah, also...don't postpone fights for some meaningless game...college, tennis...or whatever.
Cheesey1
I've always liked Teddy Atlas. IMO, he really knows the sweet science and uses that as his basis for commentating and making observations. Yeah he's got some pretty wacky analogies and metaphors, but that can't hide the fact that he truly knows the sport.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 28 2011, 02:44 PM) *
u know...originally i never really liked teddy atlas...but lately, the guy seems to be speaking a lot of truth. his commentary can get old and very predictable, but i think he's good for boxing. their commentary is underrated. they have been showcasing some amazing talent and i can't see why that won't continue. they are good for boxing. now if the network would step up it's game and stop letting those bozos on their other shows talk about boxing like they have a clue when they clearly don't...i would be much happier. oh yeah, also...don't postpone fights for some meaningless game...college, tennis...or whatever.

Exactly! Atlas usually touches on punches that most would dare speak on. I always read his FH interviews on the front page...though I feel bad for the FH staff member who happens to do that interview. Shit, they will ask Atlas one question, and the mofo goes with a 5-paragraph response...though its hard to not read it laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 28 2011, 11:16 PM) *
Yeah he's got some pretty wacky analogies and metaphors, but that can't hide the fact that he truly knows the sport.

At least Atlas's analogies are a bit funny...well, compared to Merchant's outlandish analogies that leaves the average viewer in a state of confusion, while Lampley simply smiles it off laugh.gif
fightscoreollector
Im just glad we get this in UK now , some of the events are live but others are on a Saturday morning.
fightscoreollector
just caught up with the FNF from last night....

The Douglin vs Martinez fight was easily the best as both were well matched , i thought Martinez sneaked it 77-76 4-3-1 in rounds , it was a very close fight that could have went either way , a rematch would be just a s good

my card...

10-9 douglin
9-10 martinez
10-9 douglin
9-10 martinez
9-10 martinez
10-10 draw
10-9 douglin
9-10 martinez.............77-76 martinez

The main event with Davis and Lopez was as mentioned disappointing. Teddy Atlas rightly said it was a clash of styles that did not mix , for what its worth i had it 97-94 Davis..i scored the first round even as only 5 punches were landed between them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.