Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Boxing show to you like best
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
in regards to ESPN , HBO , Showtime or if you are from the UK , SKY , Primetime and Boxnation.

From all the 6 i have listed i really like the ESPN programs although the HBO ones are top class aswell. In the UK the new boxnation channel just shades it because they are starting to show most of the whole fight cards instead of the top 2 fights on SKY every otehr week.

ESPN though i think is the best , we finally got on a regular basis the FNF last year. OH another thing ESPN HD is excellent
Sunni6Killer
Showtime.
daprofessor
showtime has been my favorite for a long time...and this next year looks like they are stepping it up even more.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I've been on the HBO bandwagon ever since I was very young. Therefore, HBO will always be my 1st choice. I completely disagree with Mr. Mayweather in regards to Larry Merchant. He represents the mindstate of the masses and he's always brutally honest. I like him and I don't think HBO needs to fire him. I did notice that he has sat most of the fights out since then with the exception of 1 or 2. Next would be Showtime, followed by ESPN. I'm looking forward to their opener on the 6th. Boxing programs wouldn't be anything without the fighters so as long as there are some good fights on, it doesn't matter which show it's on. ESPN gets a lot more leeway because the fighters are mostly locals and they have not reached that level yet. They do offer up good fights with recognizable names but they have usually come off of a loss and have been demoted like Milkshake Arreola. HBO is the one I prefer over all. Plus they don't indulge in the MMA BS like Showtime. I hope they keep it that way.
HaydelHammer
ESPN FNF has been my favorite since 98 when they used to show USA Tuesday Night Fights also which was great. I watch FNF religiously. If I'm out I record it. The fights on there are legendary.

As far as the cable networks, showtime is running shit right now. HBO has been going downhill for the past 7+ years and counting. Roy, Lennox, Hoya and Shane carried them for over a decade easily imo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.