Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley vs Marquez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
According to boxing scene both guys have came out and are interested. Bradley doesn't have much of a following and this is a perfect opportunity. This is a very good fight for an old marquez that he can very much win. The only problem here is surprise surprise... Bob Arum, this is a high risk fight for his young undefeated future pac punching dummy.

Any thoughts
mgrover
marquez will win pretty simply, unless bradley decides to charge in with that dome of his
thefloatingmonkey
This will be a good fight. I really hope it happens. Hoping Bradley pulls off the upset.
daprofessor
bradley will beat marquez easy. i hate to see marquez go out like this but i get that arum will have no problem doing it because marquez made pac look as ordinary as he really is.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 29 2011, 09:06 PM) *
bradley will beat marquez easy. i hate to see marquez go out like this but i get that arum will have no problem doing it because marquez made pac look as ordinary as he really is.

Really? I did not expect this answer from anyone
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 29 2011, 09:12 PM) *
Really? I did not expect this answer from anyone

bradley is very underrated imo. the dude can do it all. sure he lacks that single punch power...but he punches hard enough to get respect. he's fast...has solid defense...he can fight hard for 12 rounds...i can see him shutting marquez out....maybe even stopping him late.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 29 2011, 08:06 PM) *
bradley will beat marquez easy.

Shiiiiiiit....
MaxPayne
Why do people keep wanting to look like idiots by writing Marquez off ? JMM is not only the best Mexican fighter of his generation, but he's a technical beast. On a pure skills basis, he's up there with anyone, including Floyd Mayweather. Floyd is the only guy who made him look bad and that's because alongside technical ability, he's a tremendous athlete and makes adjustments in the ring that guys just can't keep up with.

Bradley has little to no stopping power and Marquez's chin is legendary. Even at age 39, his skills haven't eroded much at all. He showed against Pacquiao how he has the ability to control a fight and keep things on his terms.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 30 2011, 12:44 AM) *
Why do people keep wanting to look like idiots by writing Marquez off ?

Im still baffled about that as well...
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 29 2011, 10:45 PM) *
bradley is very underrated imo. the dude can do it all. sure he lacks that single punch power...but he punches hard enough to get respect. he's fast...has solid defense...he can fight hard for 12 rounds...i can see him shutting marquez out....maybe even stopping him late.

Wow

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 01:50 AM) *
Im still baffled about that as well...

Where do I join this club, cause I thought marquez could stop a guy like Bradley.. ala katsidids or diaz
The Original MrFactor
I proposed this fight right after Pac/Marquez 4. i think its a great fight. Bradleys defense, angles and punch output will keep Marquez busy. I hope for this one in the very near future.
fightscoreollector
so if bradley vs marquez and pacman vs peterson happens.....where does that leave khan for all his bitching???

in limbo....unless he fights prescott again lol
mgrover
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 30 2011, 09:27 AM) *
I proposed this fight right after Pac/Marquez 4. i think its a great fight. Bradleys defense, angles and punch output will keep Marquez busy. I hope for this one in the very near future.

will he need to keep marquez at bay though, bradley will need to attack since marquez will counter punch
leonthegee
This is one of those rare situations where everybody wins. Slob Arum gets to showcase Bradley, as a future opponent for Manny, against a name fighter like Marquez. Now Marquez might give Mannys style fits but I think Bradley matches up well against Marquez. Marquez gets to fight for another world title and he can take the lions share of the purse. Bradley gets a fight against a name opponent to showcase his skills to the world, and this is a very winable fight for Bradley. And most importantly the fans like this matchup. See everybody wins.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 29 2011, 09:45 PM) *

nea.gif

Im wondering why we didn't see him do this against a faded Casamayor. I mean he did win by stoppage, I give him that, but I still wasn't sold on him afterwards. Dude really needs to take a tough opponent (Matthysse, Maidana, Guerrero) and win in a convincing fashion, then he definitely has my utmost respect as a fighter...not to say that he doesn't have any from me.

Im sorry, but I just dont see all the described skills in Bradley, though people throw it out there like that. He's decent in the ring, but I dont see him beating Marquez. JMM has fought Bradley-type fighters, but I dont remember Bradley fighting JMM-type fighters (his best victories were against Holt and Peterson).

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 30 2011, 04:27 AM) *

I proposed this fight last summer, when the 140 lb division seemed to be headed in the right direction...then the shit went haywire again. Hell, I created a big bracket for the division, but again, it totally went left. I dont think any of the above will JMM busy, because it will be a different type of fight (to me). I just see Bradley trying to impose his size and aggressiveness on JMM, and taking advantage of it on the inside.

Bradley has that Ortiz-like leap when he attacks, which becomes an obstacle for guys who aren't used to pressure (not saying that JMM isn't). If you have 3 lief & death battles with Pacquiao and his offense, and still have something in the tank, then I dont see JMM having too many issues with Tim. Just my take on it...

QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Dec 30 2011, 05:06 AM) *
so if bradley vs marquez and pacman vs peterson happens.....where does that leave khan for all his bitching???

Great match-ups!

That leaves Khan right where he needs to be at the moment...quiet and out of everybody's way laugh.gif He'll bounce back real soon, but the whining about wanting his titles back, ring injustice, and such, is becoming annoying. Some guys just dont know how to take a loss.

He may need to go back and fight Prescott and a couple of other guys. We dont hear him complaining about the Prescott loss (other than making excuses), and he hardly looked into avenging it...though he wanted us to believe a rematch was in sight. Khan will be back in the loop sooner than later...
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 30 2011, 10:02 AM) *
This is one of those rare situations where everybody wins. Slob Arum gets to showcase Bradley, as a future opponent for Manny, against a name fighter like Marquez. Now Marquez might give Mannys style fits but I think Bradley matches up well against Marquez. Marquez gets to fight for another world title and he can take the lions share of the purse. Bradley gets a fight against a name opponent to showcase his skills to the world, and this is a very winable fight for Bradley. And most importantly the fans like this matchup. See everybody wins.

+1

Though I still believe there's a possibility that Bradley may shit his pants when he discovers that Marquez can hang with him, its still a great match-up. This fight is definitely possible to make, because Marquez is more of a HBO-type fighter, than a PPV fighter (in regards to appeal and gate sales). With that being said, this fight isn't too far out of Bradley's reach, as far as inking.

leonthegee
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 08:16 AM) *
+1

Though I still believe there's a possibility that Bradley may shit his pants when he discovers that Marquez can hang with him, its still a great match-up. This fight is definitely possible to make, because Marquez is more of a HBO-type fighter, than a PPV fighter (in regards to appeal and gate sales). With that being said, this fight isn't too far out of Bradley's reach, as far as inking.

I see Bradley as a better Jaun Diaz. If you go back and watch the first fight with Diaz v JMM and listen to Manny Stewart they were all over Jaun Diaz' nuts from the pre-fight introduction. And this is that same kind of match up IMO. Bradley a tough pressure fighter but Bradley hasnt faded at the end of fights YET.

Now JMM never saw a left-hook that he could slip (Jaun Diaz tagged him several times, Mayweather check hooked him to death, and of course the 4 Pacquiao knockdowns). But I need to go back and look at Bradleys fights again because I know he has a right hand but im not sure about his left hook. Do you know if Bradley has a left hook and could exploit that weakness thats in JMM defense?
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 30 2011, 11:43 AM) *
I see Bradley as a better Jaun Diaz. If you go back and watch the first fight with Diaz v JMM and listen to Manny Stewart they were all over Jaun Diaz' nuts from the pre-fight introduction. And this is that same kind of match up IMO. Bradley a tough pressure fighter but Bradley hasnt faded at the end of fights YET.

Now JMM never saw a left-hook that he could slip (Jaun Diaz tagged him several times, Mayweather check hooked him to death, and of course the 4 Pacquiao knockdowns). But I need to go back and look at Bradleys fights again because I know he has a right hand but im not sure about his left hook. Do you know if Bradley has a left hook and could exploit that weakness thats in JMM defense?

You're right, Bradley doesn't fade in fights...gotta be one of his greatest assets! I almost forgot how much they used to ride Diaz's nuts, but I believe Bradley's the better fighter of the two.

That left hook may be Bradley's best chance, because JMM is a sucker for one...depending on how fast it comes. Bradley's punches just seem so slow to me, but his inside work is quicker and accurate. I will have to do the same as you (checking on Bradley's left hook), but from what I have seen, his punches are a bit slow to me, until he gets on the inside.
Seek
Wow really tough fight to call. One thing I really liked about Bradley vs Casamayor was his body shots. He looked good but I couldn't help but notice his impatience and lack of ring generalship. I found myself saying, come on man wipe that look off your face and have some fun. He looked like he just wanted to get the fight over with. Maybe that's just me but he need's something special to make a win vs Marquez count for something. Very special fight. Could be 50/50 that this fight happens
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 30 2011, 11:56 AM) *
One thing I really liked about Bradley vs Casamayor was his body shots.

Cant argue with this...those body shots were beautiful!

QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 30 2011, 11:56 AM) *
I couldn't help but notice his impatience and lack of ring generalship. I found myself saying, come on man wipe that look off your face and have some fun. He looked like he just wanted to get the fight over with.

laugh.gif
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 01:07 PM) *
Cant argue with this...those body shots were beautiful!

laugh.gif

I mean he was in there with a past it Casamayor but it's like come on Tim, you want to be a star, you are on ppv. Give us some excitement! He impressed in my eyes but if you aren't knocking heads off, you need to do a little more for the general public to remember your name.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 30 2011, 10:02 AM) *

Agreed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 30 2011, 12:16 PM) *
I mean he was in there with a past it Casamayor but it's like come on Tim, you want to be a star, you are on ppv. Give us some excitement! He impressed in my eyes but if you aren't knocking heads off, you need to do a little more for the general public to remember your name.

Im sure thats what we were all waiting for. I expected him to take a few rounds to knock the rust off, but he took a little bit too much time. I was definitely expecting him to bust Casamayor up bad...
wolterb
me too! especially since Casamayor was baked out for that fight lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 30 2011, 01:31 PM) *
me too! especially since Casamayor was baked out for that fight lol

laugh.gif

I cant even lie, those intentional headbutts that Casamayor attempted throughout the fight were hilarious!
leonthegee
QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Dec 30 2011, 02:06 AM) *

in limbo....unless he fights prescott again lol

Stick Khan in there with Vernon Paris.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 01:14 AM) *
Shiiiiiiit....

lmao! laugh.gif if and when it happens, i'll be more than happy to place a wager with you on this one.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 30 2011, 02:31 AM) *
Wow

Where do I join this club, cause I thought marquez could stop a guy like Bradley.. ala katsidids or diaz

ala katsidis or diaz!? wow. u guys really don't realize how good bradley is! if and when this fight happens...u'll see. remember who called it.
thehype
Nope. Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV.

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 12:12 PM) *
nea.gif

Im wondering why we didn't see him do this against a faded Casamayor. I mean he did win by stoppage, I give him that, but I still wasn't sold on him afterwards. Dude really needs to take a tough opponent (Matthysse, Maidana, Guerrero) and win in a convincing fashion, then he definitely has my utmost respect as a fighter...not to say that he doesn't have any from me.

Im sorry, but I just dont see all the described skills in Bradley, though people throw it out there like that. He's decent in the ring, but I dont see him beating Marquez. JMM has fought Bradley-type fighters, but I dont remember Bradley fighting JMM-type fighters (his best victories were against Holt and Peterson).

I proposed this fight last summer, when the 140 lb division seemed to be headed in the right direction...then the shit went haywire again. Hell, I created a big bracket for the division, but again, it totally went left. I dont think any of the above will JMM busy, because it will be a different type of fight (to me). I just see Bradley trying to impose his size and aggressiveness on JMM, and taking advantage of it on the inside.

Bradley has that Ortiz-like leap when he attacks, which becomes an obstacle for guys who aren't used to pressure (not saying that JMM isn't). If you have 3 lief & death battles with Pacquiao and his offense, and still have something in the tank, then I dont see JMM having too many issues with Tim. Just my take on it...

Great match-ups!

That leaves Khan right where he needs to be at the moment...quiet and out of everybody's way laugh.gif He'll bounce back real soon, but the whining about wanting his titles back, ring injustice, and such, is becoming annoying. Some guys just dont know how to take a loss.

He may need to go back and fight Prescott and a couple of other guys. We dont hear him complaining about the Prescott loss (other than making excuses), and he hardly looked into avenging it...though he wanted us to believe a rematch was in sight. Khan will be back in the loop sooner than later...

bradley shut casamayor out. he didn't give him much in a fight that was meant to showcase his skills and knock some rust off. i could see arum making this match because bradley is the future and arum really doesn't give a shit about marquez especially after the last pac fight. i would not be surprised if nacho is the guy to stop this fight from happening. if they didn't want to fight amir khan...they definitely don't want to see bradley in the ring. he's a much more well rounded fighter who is very durable and very skilled. the guy can fight on the inside...outside...he can lead, he can counter. not much he can't do.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 30 2011, 01:16 PM) *

bradley is one of those guys that doesn't have amazing power but he does several things well. his workrate, defense, stamina, punch selection and ability to adjust are all very solid. a lot of that goes missed when you are looking for the next big star but keep in mind, there is a reason he is undefeated to this point. also keep in mind that he has a determination seldom seen in the ring. the guy has come back from knockdowns to win fights in a very impressive fashion. he takes things away and methodically breaks opponents down. nothing flashy....but very consistant. he definitely packs a lunch when it's time to fight.
Cshel86
Guess Im just not on the Bradley bad wagon, sorry...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 05:17 PM) *
Guess Im just not on the Bradley bad wagon, sorry...

it's not a problem. some ppl just need a little more convincing than others. i've seen this occur with fighters for as long as i've been a fan of the sport. i may have been wrong about some....but i've been right about quite a few. more recently, i remember ppl laughing at me when i said ward would win the super six.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 30 2011, 04:24 PM) *
some ppl just need a little more convincing than others

I've said that about myself in regards to Bradley, for the longest. Im hoping that his next few performances will help me think otherwise.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 30 2011, 05:09 PM) *
bradley is one of those guys that doesn't have amazing power but he does several things well. his workrate, defense, stamina, punch selection and ability to adjust are all very solid. a lot of that goes missed when you are looking for the next big star but keep in mind, there is a reason he is undefeated to this point. also keep in mind that he has a determination seldom seen in the ring. the guy has come back from knockdowns to win fights in a very impressive fashion. he takes things away and methodically breaks opponents down. nothing flashy....but very consistant. he definitely packs a lunch when it's time to fight.

It just seems to me he took a step backwards in the casamayor fight.. he did look very impatient and sloppy.

I was most impressed with his wins over abregu and Alexander. In the abregu fight he showed a different side of himself, he was fighting backwards and countering beautifully.

In the Alexander fight he fought with so much patience and completely swarmed him and took Alexander out of his game plan.

Buy he is batting in a different league with a guy like marquez, and marquez is the type of fighter that can and will capitalize on the numerous mistakes Bradley makes. Marquez at 39 is the best fighter he's been up against by far, and he can counter Bradley he can fight on the inside like he did against kats and I think with one of his best punches (the uppercut) he will hurt Bradley.
leonthegee
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 30 2011, 02:08 PM) *
It just seems to me he took a step backwards in the casamayor fight.. he did look very impatient and sloppy.

I was most impressed with his wins over abregu and Alexander. In the abregu fight he showed a different side of himself, he was fighting backwards and countering beautifully.

In the Alexander fight he fought with so much patience and completely swarmed him and took Alexander out of his game plan.

Buy he is batting in a different league with a guy like marquez, and marquez is the type of fighter that can and will capitalize on the numerous mistakes Bradley makes. Marquez at 39 is the best fighter he's been up against by far, and he can counter Bradley he can fight on the inside like he did against kats and I think with one of his best punches (the uppercut) he will hurt Bradley.

Bradley was coming off of a long layoff (contract dispute). Casa is one of those slick expierienced fighters that makes it hard to look good against. The only fighter to look good against Casa really thoughout his carreer is JMM.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 30 2011, 06:08 PM) *

when u factor in the long lay-off/ring rust, being with a new promoter, being on ppv stage and him being overly eager to impress against a southpaw that specializes in making ppl look bad...i think he did quite well. i'll agree it wasn't a flawless performance...but he is better than he showed against casamayor. also, i don't believe marquez will give him the same difficulties stylistically or defensively. marquez is a small 140lb fighter...bradley is a naturally bigger guy. i think the size and his youth will be the difference. he's gonna force marquez to work...and jmm is going to end up looking as old as he is.
daprofessor
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 30 2011, 07:50 PM) *
Bradley was coming off of a long layoff (contract dispute). Casa is one of those slick expierienced fighters that makes it hard to look good against. The only fighter to look good against Casa really thoughout his carreer is JMM.

and in that fight with marquez, casamayor fought totally out of his style. why he thought he was going to be able to take the fight to marquez is a mystery to me. he should have stuck to his usual slick boxing and he would have beat marquez easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.