Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime: Taylor and Direll Comebacks@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all action and post-fight reactions to these fights and this card. Please keep everything in this thread. Mods should close any other open threads about these fights before the start-time of this card, so that spoilers are not posted in those other threads.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
Honestly,

I don't have much interest in this card, and will probably only watch the replay if something unexpected happens. Jermaine has suffered two career-ending type KO's and I don't think should be fighting anymore. Direll is a little more understandable with his comeback. The card might tell us if these guys are mentally and physically ready to continue their careers.

However, this is the kind of card that is designed to make them look good against an unknown. The unknowns will probably need a KO to win anyway, and all the pre-fight hype will be on how "great" these guys used to be. If this was an HBO fight. Lampley would be shaking the pom-poms full force.

I would still like to see matches with a little bit of doubt as to who is going to win, and am opposed to fights going in that can be perceived as mismatches. I mean, can we expect anything less than at the very least, a wide UD for the pom-pom guys? In Showbox's defense, they usually match up guys pretty evenly. Is this nothing more than to do what they can to make Jermain and Andre look good? ESPN material?

If they look like shit against these opponents, they almost have to call it a career. At least that's what it looks like on paper. Not too many fighters get serious threats their first fights back after such a long-layoff unless their health shows by struggling with a first fight back, they shouldn't come back in the first place.

If both win as expected, are either or both Andre and Jermain going to turn into another Jones or Holyfield who don't know when to stop fighting?

Jack
Cheesey1
I'm interested in seeing how Andre D. looks, but not Taylor. Taylor's moment has passed him by. Hopefully nobody gets hurt too badly.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:14 PM) *
I'm interested in seeing how Andre D. looks, but not Taylor. Taylor's moment has passed him by. Hopefully nobody gets hurt too badly.

Bleeding from the brain and short-term memory loss?! What tha fuck is wrong with Taylor???
Cshel86
Man this ref looks like Steve Harvey laugh.gif
Box in Hand
I'm so uninterested in this card I'm watching UFC instead.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 30 2011, 11:26 PM) *
I'm so uninterested in this card I'm watching UFC instead.

I find it funny that Im sending everyone else a freakin' stream for that fight, which works fine on their computer, but has yet to work on mine laugh.gif

Update: Wow, it works fine for the Showtime fight, but doesn't work for the UFC fight. Aint that a fat bitch???
wolterb
garcia v johnson is the first fight. it looks like a mismatch in garcia's favor. both of them seem winded but garcia is landing hard punches in rd 6
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:22 PM) *
Man this ref looks like Steve Harvey laugh.gif

Are you trying to say that every bald headed, light skinned guy with an insane moustache looks the same?
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 30 2011, 11:34 PM) *
garcia v johnson is the first fight. it looks like a mismatch in garcia's favor. both of them seem winded but garcia is landing hard punches in rd 6

Johnson is actin' like a little biotch no2.gif Conditioning is a bitch if you aren't mentally and physically prepared. He doesn't wanna continue...
Cshel86
This is a 1st grade recess fight laugh.gif Johnson looks like the guy that picked the fight, but totally shit his pants when the victim put up a fight!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:40 PM) *
This is a 1st grade recess fight laugh.gif Johnson looks like the guy that picked the fight, but totally shit his pants when the victim put up a fight!

Ha!
Cshel86
Man this Cunningham dude looks like a joke! I still prefer Anthony over Andre any day. Uh oh...there goes the damn twins and Sam Watson laugh.gif
Cshel86
Rev. Cunningham is down and not looking too good laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:53 PM) *
Man this Cunningham dude looks like a joke! I still prefer Anthony over Andre any day. Uh oh...there goes the damn twins and Sam Watson laugh.gif

Cunningham definitely is a joke. Brings shame to bums around the world.
BigFightFan
Cunningham is a soft trick!
Cshel86
Nowwwww...the towel is being waved for real this time. Dirrell by stoppage in the 2nd round. Now, Dirrell needs to stay sharp for more elite opposition...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:28 PM) *
I find it funny that Im sending everyone else a freakin' stream for that fight, which works fine on their computer, but has yet to work on mine laugh.gif

Update: Wow, it works fine for the Showtime fight, but doesn't work for the UFC fight. Aint that a fat bitch???

I think we have the same stream lol.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 31 2011, 12:06 AM) *
I think we have the same stream lol.

Check your PM...
sTotheR
anybody have a stream i can check out?
Cshel86
QUOTE (sTotheR @ Dec 31 2011, 12:14 AM) *
anybody have a stream i can check out?

Check your PM...
Cshel86
Its hard to say that Taylor look sharp tonight. We all know the real story...
Cshel86
Wow, Taylor got caught with a big overhand right by the guy in the ugly leopard trunks. Well, the guy's wrist actually landed more than his fist.
Box in Hand
Ok UFC is over and I am watching the same ole Taylor. He is using his jab more but God he is still flat footed and front foot heavy and still carries his front hand low.
Cshel86
What in tha hell was that Jermain???
Box in Hand
Worst stoppage in human history. I have seen nothing new in Taylor.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 30 2011, 11:49 PM) *
Worst stoppage in human history. I have seen nothing new in Taylor.

What happened?

Jack
Cshel86
Did Taylor's trainer just call the other guy a "birdhead"? laugh.gif

Taylor sucks ass...though he won tonight, I wouldn't be ready to see him fight again. Now the loser mouths off after the fight is called off by the ref laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:51 PM) *
Did Taylor's trainer just call the other guy a "birdhead"? laugh.gif

Taylor sucks ass...though he won tonight, I wouldn't be ready to see him fight again. Now the loser mouths off after the fight is called off by the ref laugh.gif

LOL!! Taylor lost? Oh sorry. Misread your post C-Shel! LOL! Sounds like the ref stopped it for nothing.

Jack
Cheesey1
While it was a very, very shitty stoppage, Nicklow was getting beaten up. Same here, didn't see anything from Taylor that makes me think that he should be boxing again. Dirrell on the other hand, definitely would like to see who he fights next.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 31 2011, 12:52 AM) *
LOL!! Taylor lost? Oh sorry. Misread your post C-Shel! LOL! Sounds like the ref stopped it for nothing.

Jack

Nah, you're good. I actually edited it because the stoppage ended up happening right before I posted it. I was about to say, "even IF Taylor won tonight"...but when the stoppage occurred. Again, Taylor still sucks ass laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 31 2011, 12:52 AM) *

Jack

2 shots from Taylor and the ref stopped the fight. Taylor's opponent wasn't in the fight and got beat up but the stoppage was premature.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 31 2011, 12:50 AM) *
What happened?

Jack

laugh.gif

Damn Jack, you should've asked for a stream. I had one...it wasn't the best in the world, but I did have one!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:59 PM) *
laugh.gif

Damn Jack, you should've asked for a stream. I had one...it wasn't the best in the world, but I did have one!

LOL! I was sort of hoping for a shock loss or something.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 31 2011, 01:01 AM) *
LOL! I was sort of hoping for a shock loss or something.

Jack

You and I both...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 31 2011, 12:03 AM) *
You and I both...

LOL!

Jack
Cshel86
Dirrell should've taken his time...at least gave it a couple more rounds. He still looked sharp though...
wolterb
^ i thought dirrell looked alright too...probably could have faced a better opponent but whatever. the taylor fight was anti climactic with an early stoppage like already said. pretty disappointing
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:36 PM) *
Are you trying to say that every bald headed, light skinned guy with an insane moustache looks the same?

Cheesey...sadly, your question has much truth to it...so you answered your own question!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 31 2011, 07:22 AM) *
pretty disappointing

To say the least agree.gif ...
The Original MrFactor
Good to see taylor back. I hope he takes his time coming back. This fight was against a shaved Umpa Lumpa. I dont expect to see him in there with any real competition for at least his first 5 fights. I just have the feeling that someone will be all to quick to try to throw him in with Martinez. Although somewhere down the line i wouldnt mind seeing Taylor vs Paul Williams.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 31 2011, 06:01 PM) *
Cheesey...sadly, your question has much truth to it...so you answered your own question!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

To say the least agree.gif ...

Ha! Thankfully you aren't a cop, otherwise you'd take profiling to another level.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2012, 06:40 PM) *
Ha! Thankfully you aren't a cop, otherwise you'd take profiling to another level.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.