Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny Pacquaio vs Prime Aaron Pryor
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein
Hello, Fellow boxing fans and FightHype-gooers I am back with another episode of Fantasy Fights Series. After having a big break and vacation with the recent Christmas and New Year outings, which I enjoyed as well I hope all of you as well did too. I'm restructuring my Series in a meaty analysis of my series then of course breakdown of how the fight would go. Please read and enjoy.

Manny''Pacman'' Pacquaio vs a Prime Aaron "The Hawk'' Pryor a match up like this is without any bit of doubt to produce fireworks and a knockout stoppage for either man.

The Skill Sets:

Manny Pacquaio- A one man wrecking ball toe to toe, endless stamina,throws punches in all angles, quick hands, great chin, high tolerance to pain, good power in both hands, great combination puncher, low punch resistance

Aaron Pryor- A one man army toe to toe, endless stamina, throws punches in all angles, extreme tolerance to pain, KO power in both hands, great punch resistance, great pressure fighter, killer left hook, Granite chin

The Achilles Heel:

Manny Pacquiao- A sucker for right hooks and straight rights, average footwork and bad placement footing, one dimensional, no defense, easily frustrated, throws wild punches, only uses in and out movement, susceptible to cuts easily, struggles with counter punchers, off balance while throwing punches

Aaron Pryor - No defense, easily off balance while throwing punches, overly aggressive, questionable struggle against decent boxers, A sucker for all punches

The Breakdown in 12 Rounds:

RD 1- I see both fighters squaring up in the ring immediately, Freddie Roach would like Manny to use a bit more in and out movement to throw off Pryors overly aggressive assault. Pryor bullies Pacman on the ropes and digs in several lunging hooks to the body before opening up lighting right hands up stairs. Pacquiao quickly gets off the ropes while leaving his hands down which causes Pryor to take advantage and to throw a HUGE right hand bomb on the jaw of Pacquaio who is hurt. Pacquiao slams his gloves together and immediately fires off a 8 punch combo onto Pryors face and then slips out. Pacquiao steps in and throws another combo to Pryors face, which Pryor responded with a hellacious right hand that staggers Pacquiao in his tracks. Pryor tries to finish off the hurt Pacquiao who fights back with combos after combos until the bell ends the round. 10-9 Pryor

RD 2- There's already swelling on Pryors left cheek and mounting bruises is on Pacquaio's left eye and mouth. Both fighters once again meet in the center of the ring but this time a more cautious Pacquaio slips in and out with combos to Pryors face at a very high pace that Freddie Roach's commanded Pacquiao to do. Pacquaio slips in the right on Pryor to throw a quick 4 punch combo before taking 2 punches to the body from Pryor and slipping back out. Pacquaio slips back in but to the left of Pryor and digs in a left hook to the body and a 3 punch combo upstairs. Pryor throws a 3 punch combo, in which 2 hit the body and a HARD left hand hurts Pacquaio. Pacquaio instinctively tries to slip out but Pryor bullies Pacquaio into the ropes using his body and body punching. Pacquiao throws a 6 punch combo with a HARD left hand that gets Pryor's attention. Both fighters are trading punches with savage hits landing on each others bodies and faces. Pacquaio once again hurt but quickly slips out to avoid further punishment to the body.
10-9 Pryor

RD 3- Pacquiao's right eye on the bridge of the eye brow has a cut opened up but doesn't look to be bothering the Pacman. Pryor's nose is bleeding out and the swelling on his left cheek has grown a bit. The bell rings to start the 3rd round of a great fight. A even more cautious Pacquiao sets up a quarter of a half from the middle of ring while Pryor marches towards Pacquiao looking to bring the pain. Pacquaio quickly lands a 7 punch combo all upstairs, which staggers Pyror. Pryor responds with a 2 punch combo, one left hook and a good upper cut. Pacquiao throws a HARD left hook up stairs that hurts Pryor, but The Hawk shakes his head and smiles. As the crowd roars with either "PACMAN, PACMAN" or "HAWK TIME, HAWK TIME", Pryor throws a lunging left hook and 2 right HARD hooks upstairs that drops Pacquaio. The ref quickly ushers Pryor to go to the opposite corner and counts to 6, to which Pacquiao got up. Pryor quickly marched towards Pacquao with a HARD left and right combo which snaps Pacquiao's head back, Pryor throws combos with his left and right all coming in HARD. Pacquiao tries to slip out but Pryor is using his body to keep Pacquiao on the ropes. Pacquiao throws a barrage of punches onto Pryor's chin and then the bell rings. 10-8 Pryor

RD 4- Pacquiao's corner is in a frenzy as they tend to Pacquaio, Pacquiao has another cut that has opened up on the same right eye but on the side of it. There is extreme swelling on Pacman's left cheek and near his left eye with also a swollen nose. Roach is contemplating in throwing in the towel if Pacman can't, "Knock this son of Hulk outta this fuckin ring". Pryor's nose is still bleeding and the swelling on his left cheek has grown even more. Rd 4 begins as Pacquiao says a quick a prayer and Pryor rushes and catches Pacquiao with a 4 punch combo and 2 TITANIC right hands that dropped Pacquaio. The ref counts to 8 and Pacquiao gets up, looking very hurt. Pryor rushes in and Pacquiao throws a barrage of punches upstairs to which The Hawk walks through and throws an onslaught of maybe a 10 punch combo or more. Pacquiao's head snaps back and his arms flail as Pryor punishes his face. The ref jumps in to save Pacquiao and stops Pryor and the bout at the same time as Freddie Roach throws in the towel. Pryor runs to the opposite post to celebrate his victory as the crowd erupts in a huge roar. The ring doctor and Roach tends to Pacquiao who is on a stool bleeding profusely. Pryor goes over to Pacquiao who congratulates Pryor and The Hawk gives him hug and then runs off to celebrate more.
10-8 Pryor

Aaron Pryor TKO4 Manny Pacquiao

Pryor used his right hand frequently in this bout since Pacquiao is a sucker for that punch and Pacquio tried to use his in and out movement to throw off Pryor who kept coming at all costs. Pryor bullied Pacquaio and registered 2 KD's and ended the night early with a savage bomb onslaught onto Pacquaio. RD 2 of this fight is a ROTY candidate.

Thoughts?
daprofessor
4th round tko sounds about right.
mgrover
i doubt he'd KD pacman, he'd just straight out KO him with a body shot.
Cshel86
Are you kidding??? This shit would be somewhat of a nightmare for Pacquiao! Pryor punched just as much as Pac does, and Pac for the most part, hasn't seen the competition that Pryor has seen.

Pacquiao would have to count his lucky stars in advance for this one, and be glad that Pryor didn't have the height advantage that his son has. Spot on with the 4th round TKO...
JONdaCON817
Pryor would murder Pac no question... im talkin KTFO.
BoxingEinstein

Put it this way, Pacquaio's chin has been tested and he hasn't been KO'd since the very beginning of his career or knocked down and he has faced punchers but none unlike of course The Hawk. The Hawk also hasn't faced anyone like Pacquaio with a good chin and who throws punches nonstop like him. Great fight but easily an early ending.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 3 2012, 08:21 PM) *
Pacquaio's chin has been tested

I still beg to differ on this point...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 3 2012, 08:28 PM) *
I still beg to differ on this point...

Explain. Morales tested it, Margarito, Clottey(when he did punch), Marquez, Cotto, Barrera, Solis, Sanchez, and a puncher like Ledwaba back then tested Pacman's chin and they never dropped or KO'd him maybe stun him or hurt him. His chin has been tested but not at likes of others yes, but it has been tested.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 3 2012, 08:46 PM) *
Explain. Morales tested it, Margarito, Clottey(when he did punch), Marquez, Cotto, Barrera, Solis, Sanchez, and a puncher like Ledwaba back then tested Pacman's chin and they never dropped or KO'd him maybe stun him or hurt him. His chin has been tested but not at likes of others yes, but it has been tested.

Most of the times when these guys tested his chin, they were either having the shittiest of times trying to mount an offense after his on-going onslaughts (whether he was beating them senseless or they blocking it), or they were frustrated as shit. Pac is a different type of fighter and maybe Im giving him too much respect for his offense.

Even if some of these guys (JMM, Morales, Sanchez) truly had great moments of control during the fight, they were trying to make sure they didn't get wacked back in the process. Again, Manny's a different type of fighter, and you have to acknowledge the fact that everybody's he's fought had an uncomfortable gameplan and gave him respect throughout the bout.

BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 3 2012, 09:01 PM) *
Most of the times when these guys tested his chin, they were either having the shittiest of times trying to mount an offense after his on-going onslaughts (whether he was beating them senseless or they blocking it), or they were frustrated as shit. Pac is a different type of fighter and maybe Im giving him too much respect for his offense.

Even if some of these guys (JMM, Morales, Sanchez) truly had great moments of control during the fight, they were trying to make sure they didn't get wacked back in the process. Again, Manny's a different type of fighter, and you have to acknowledge the fact that everybody's he's fought had an uncomfortable gameplan and gave him respect throughout the bout.

You would be stupid to not respect Manny's punching power, ask Cotto, Mosley and Marg's that. Manny's style is fight fire with fire obviously and he's there to hit but at what cost?. All has tested his chin and he hasn't been dropped or KO'd. The closest to hurt him so far was Cotto and Marquez.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 3 2012, 09:08 PM) *
You would be stupid to not respect Manny's punching power, ask Cotto, Mosley and Marg's that. Manny's style is fight fire with fire obviously and he's there to hit but at what cost?. All has tested his chin and he hasn't been dropped or KO'd. The closest to hurt him so far was Cotto and Marquez.

All I can say is that all of these guys looked uncomfortable while mounting an offense, in hopes that they wouldn't get caught in the crossfire with his barrage of punches. JMM has touched his chin more than most of these guys, but again, even he looked a bit uncomfortable.

I wouldn't even count Cotto in this, he looked confused from jump with Manny's speed, and appeared surprised when he got a chance to fire off on Pac.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 3 2012, 09:19 PM) *
All I can say is that all of these guys looked uncomfortable while mounting an offense, in hopes that they wouldn't get caught in the crossfire with his barrage of punches. JMM has touched his chin more than most of these guys, but again, even he looked a bit uncomfortable.

I wouldn't even count Cotto in this, he looked confused from jump with Manny's speed, and appeared surprised when he got a chance to fire off on Pac.

Agreeable in some terms, you are correct they looked uncomfortable minus Marquez. I wished Arum would grow some balls since he already is wealthy and allow Pac to face his other fellow welterweights and not catchweights and lightweights. SMH.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 3 2012, 09:33 PM) *
Agreeable in some terms, you are correct they looked uncomfortable minus Marquez. I wished Arum would grow some balls since he already is wealthy and allow Pac to face his other fellow welterweights and not catchweights and lightweights. SMH.

Thats cool. I couldn't disagree with your points and I surely dont expect to be right about everything either laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
Crazy, I was just recently speaking to an old friend of mine about this fight..

Honestly, I would have to edge toward Manny based on his speed

Yes, manny is there to be hit, but seemingly more to someone who is countering and boxing,..

Pryor perhaps the best pressure fighter of all time would keep the fight comming forward walking right into lead lefts imo...

Idk.. i go back and forth

I think it would be a good fight ... instant classic..
leonthegee
Arron Pryon will be convicted of 1st degree battery. And Pryor can box too. He outboxed Alexis Argueo at times in their fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 3 2012, 11:37 PM) *
He outboxed Alexis Argueo at times in their fight.

Exactly! Fighting guys with solid boxing skills is Pacquiao's worse nightmare...thats when we see him get all out of position and actually pay for it.
neophyte7
Aaron Pryor would destroy Pac. he could box... move.. and pretty much throw every punch in the book. no way in hell Pac would stand a chance against Pryor just as I don't see him able to do anything with the skill set of mayweather.. i mean marquez boxed the hell out pac whose power looked non existent. Yet, the truth is in the square so you never will know until the men face off in the square...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 3 2012, 08:53 PM) *
Are you kidding??? This shit would be somewhat of a nightmare for Pacquiao! Pryor punched just as much as Pac does, and Pac for the most part, hasn't seen the competition that Pryor has seen.

Pacquiao would have to count his lucky stars in advance for this one, and be glad that Pryor didn't have the height advantage that his son has. Spot on with the 4th round TKO...

+1
leonthegee
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 3 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Exactly! Fighting guys with solid boxing skills is Pacquiao's worse nightmare...thats when we see him get all out of position and actually pay for it.

HBO did that mini series Legendary Nights about this fight, and a lot of other fights, and if you havent seen it check it out on youtube. It is a dope series that came on about 5 to 6 years ago. Pryor Argeullo is still one of the best fights in boxing history. Fast pace, boxing skill, stamina and endurance, and power punching pretty much everything that doesnt happen in boxing anymore. I always watch it when its on ESPN Classic.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 4 2012, 11:59 AM) *
HBO did that mini series Legendary Nights about this fight, and a lot of other fights, and if you havent seen it check it out on youtube. It is a dope series that came on about 5 to 6 years ago. Pryor Argeullo is still one of the best fights in boxing history. Fast pace, boxing skill, stamina and endurance, and power punching pretty much everything that doesnt happen in boxing anymore. I always watch it when its on ESPN Classic.

I've seen a few of them, but Im sure I need to check out the Pryor/Arguello segment. The pace of that fight from the sound of the bell was as fast a rat playing the piano...ridiculous!
Cshel86
I believe this fight would be all about who can make who shit their pants first. If Pryor starts fast with Pacquiao as he did and Arguello did, then Pac may shit his pants first and be on his way to the 4th round TKO loss. If Pacquiao uses that wild ass back-and-forth movement that messes up his opponents' focus, then Pryor may have his hands full, if he falls for it.
leonthegee
I always said the two styles to give Floyd Mayweather problems were someone like Oscars style (tall and skilled boxer with a great jab) and Arron Pryors style (a pressure fighter that can box). You got these fighters like Baldomir, Jose Luis Castillo, and Margarito who are good pressure fighters but lack the skill element of the fight game. Arron Pryor is all that with the boxing abilty. Theres a reason why Sugar Ray Leonard ducked him.
sduck
Sounds like a lot of old school bias to me. Pryor is the more in ring confident fighter, ignores punishment better, more aggressive, throws more wider shots, better boxing ability. Pacquiao is more elusive, faster, throws more combinations at a time, better balance. Comparable stamina. Pacquiao hits harder, he has more snap in his punches to me.

Pryor would be open to Pacquiao's speed and "signature" combos when trying to be aggressive. Both fighters will be landing at will, I see Pacquiao landing more. Pacquiao also being so quick on his feet and elusive, it wouldn't be impossible for him to escape pressure against the ropes. Everything is comparable but Pacquiao is a bit physically better to me. I don't know where people get this idea of TKO 4 for Pryor, based off what, cuts? When has Pacquiao ever shown quit in him? Even when cut? The fight would most-likely go to a decision.
mrwigi
The hawk would devour Aaron Pryor. Although, it would be interesting to see what kind of gameplan freddie would come up with to counter the hawks style
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.