Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proposed: The 15-Round Superfight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
What do you think?

I wish that big superfights could be 15-rounds again. It would provide for more definitive wins. Too many 6-6 or 7-5 rounds for either fighter in close fights. Most fights are fine at 12 rounds, but if you have a fight with like the RING Title on the line, or at least three alphabet main titles on the line, do 15. Make it like the superbowl of boxing.

For safety, make sure only the best refs do the 15-round bouts.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 4 2012, 01:13 AM) *
What do you think?

I wish that big superfights could be 15-rounds again. It would provide for more definitive wins. Too many 6-6 or 7-5 rounds for either fighter in close fights. Most fights are fine at 12 rounds, but if you have a fight with like the RING Title on the line, or at least three alphabet main titles on the line, do 15. Make it like the superbowl of boxing.

For safety, make sure only the best refs do the 15-round bouts.

Jack

Im with you on this one Jack...especially when those superfights are good! 12 rounds just doesn't do it anymore! The best ref for safety?! Ha! That's in the eye of the beholder, my man laugh.gif

A Cortez-like ref for will kill the viewers with intrusiveness, which ultimately leads to boredom, and a Smoger-like ref will allow the fighters to kill each other in the ring laugh.gif
Cheesey1
I don't know man, an extra three rounds of punishment when you're already gassed worries me a bit. From a marketing perspective, it would probably help boxing, but from a boxer's safety perspective, I wouldn't support it.
HazConvictedFelonMane
15 rounders leave fighters exposed to too much damage and the lasting effects would find more fighters with dementia. Fighters and Football Players are always prone to domestic violence due to dementia. Too many big shots to the head take their toll on these men. 12 rounds are good enough.
mgrover
it would benefit some people and ofc be a bad thing for others, since a few champions have terrible stamina as it is, aka berto.
pimpfighterROQ
No not a good idea. Too many fighters suffer from brain damage. (like Meldrick Taylor, Ali etc). We boxing fans sometimes ask too much from this sport. We often forget the danger it poses to fighters. Like someone said. 12 rounds are enough.
BoxingStill#1
I think the only fighter this wouldn't be good for is Margs... haha

This proposal would be perfect for the Pac/ May..

I think only for the Mega fights..
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 5 2012, 09:14 PM) *
I think the only fighter this wouldn't be good for is Margs... haha

This applies to Jermaine Taylor as well. That motherfucker needs to be fighting 4-round bouts, as if he just started his pro career.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.