Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alverez vs. Mosley (Done Deal for May 5th)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Cheesey1
What do you guys think about the possible Alvarez/Mosley match?

I really hope they make this match so that Canelo can beat Sweet 'n' Low as payback for being an embarassment.

With a name like sweet 'n' low, he should really have stayed with golden fishnets promotions.
Cshel86
Cheesey, WTF? Sweet 'n' Low?! laugh.gif

Believe it or not, despite the his performance against Pacquiao, this is a fight that Mosley wins. As soon as he clocks the chin of the Notre Dame mascot, we will see shades of the old Mosley..well a little. If guys like Baldomir, Hatton, and J. Cotto can get to Canelo's chin and rock him, then it shouldn't be a question of whether or not Shane can do it.

As its been discussed lately...Shane no longer has to be good enough to beat the Mayweathers and Pacquiaos of the boxing world, but good enough to beat the Canelos, older Cottos, Bertos, and the farted-out delusional Bundrages out there laugh.gif

Shane by TKO...yeah I said it, Sahne by TKO...if anybody asks, my name is CShel and I said it!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Cheesey, WTF? Sweet 'n' Low?! laugh.gif

Believe it or not, despite the his performance against Pacquiao, this is a fight that Mosley wins. As soon as he clocks the chin of the Notre Dame mascot, we will see shades of the old Mosley..well a little. If guys like Baldomir, Hatton, and J. Cotto can get to Canelo's chin and rock him, then it shouldn't be a question of whether or not Shane can do it.

As its been discussed lately...Shane no longer has to be good enough to beat the Mayweathers and Pacquiaos of the boxing world, but good enough to beat the Canelos, older Cottos, Bertos, and the farted-out delusional Bundrages out there laugh.gif

Shane by TKO...yeah I said it, Sahne by TKO...if anybody asks, my name is CShel and I said it!!!

Ha!! Nah, if Sergio "the Latin Snake" Mora can look good against sweet 'n' low and arguably beat him, then my money's on Canelo. Putting my dislike for Mosley aside, he just can't seem to pull the trigger anymore and I see Canelo breaking him down over the course of 12 rounds.
MaxPayne
154 lbs. is a good weight for Shane but I think the issue is beyond his Achilles injury. I just don't think he has the ability to pull the trigger anymore and the problem is that he can still fade in fights.

Canelo will get hit, and in reality will win a close decision,although the scores will be in like the 115 - 110 range because the "judges" will want to embellish the scores.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 5 2012, 03:13 PM) *
Ha!! Nah, if Sergio "the Latin Snake" Mora can look good against sweet 'n' low and arguably beat him, then my money's on Canelo. Putting my dislike for Mosley aside, he just can't seem to pull the trigger anymore and I see Canelo breaking him down over the course of 12 rounds.

Are you kidding? Sergio "The Eastern Garden Snake" Mora back-peddled and damn near ran most of the fight. I would have to argue that, if anybody, HE knew something we didn't know...and that was Shane still being able to pull the trigger.

The way he avoided Shane in that fight, would lead me to believe that he still had a couple of rounds left in the Desert Eagle, rather than a bit of powder and a couple of lead balls left to fire the musket rifle laugh.gif

Like I said earlier, he's still good enough to beat the Canelos, Cottos, Bundrages, and such of the boxing world.
checkleft
I wish for mosley to show some signs of his former self but I wouldn't bet on it. He will come in confident in the early going, get stung by a hard punch and fade out like clockwork..
Cheesey1
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 5 2012, 03:27 PM) *
154 lbs. is a good weight for Shane but I think the issue is beyond his Achilles injury. I just don't think he has the ability to pull the trigger anymore and the problem is that he can still fade in fights.

Canelo will get hit, and in reality will win a close decision,although the scores will be in like the 115 - 110 range because the "judges" will want to embellish the scores.

Agreed, but I don't think it will be that close, but I don't expect Mosley to get knocked out.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 5 2012, 03:45 PM) *
I wish for mosley to show some signs of his former self but I wouldn't bet on it. He will come in confident in the early going, get stung by a hard punch and fade out like clockwork..

Agreed.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2012, 03:28 PM) *
Are you kidding? Sergio "The Eastern Garden Snake" Mora back-peddled and damn near ran most of the fight. I would have to argue that, if anybody, HE knew something we didn't know...and that was Shane still being able to pull the trigger.

The way he avoided Shane in that fight, would lead me to believe that he still had a couple of rounds left in the Desert Eagle, rather than a bit of powder and a couple of lead balls left to fire the musket rifle laugh.gif

Like I said earlier, he's still good enough to beat the Canelos, Cottos, Bundrages, and such of the boxing world.

Disagreed.
BigDDatHomey
Shane beats Canelo especially if there's no PED testing. Canelo's ok, but don't believe the hype yet.
BigDDatHomey
I agree. Shane's not beating Berto though.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2012, 03:46 PM) *
. As soon as he clocks the chin of the Notre Dame mascot, !

I don't give a f*ck what was said before or after this quote...I'm about to have a stroke from laughin' at yo' dumb @$$ Shely!!! LMMFAO!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 5 2012, 03:58 PM) *
Disagreed.

Fuck off Cheesey laugh.gif You're just being an asshole now!

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Jan 5 2012, 04:11 PM) *
Shane beats Canelo especially if there's no PED testing. Canelo's ok, but don't believe the hype yet.

I agree. Shane's not beating Berto though.

You really dont believe Berto beats Shane, do you??? Im just gonna act like I didn't even read that PED comment...

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 5 2012, 04:18 PM) *
I don't give a f*ck what was said before or after this quote...I'm about to have a stroke from laughin' at yo' dumb @$$ Shely!!! LMMFAO!!!!

You know how I do! Everybody has a nickname in boxing. Really though, Canelo looks like somebody or something, and I finally put my finger on it laugh.gif The Fighting Irish!
daprofessor
i know a lot of ppl expected more from shane in his fight with pac...so did i....but i didn't view it that way. even though he was pretty much shut out...he did some good things and exposed what i have always known about pac. he has trouble with lateral movement and counter punchers. it takes balls to get in the ring and put ur life on the line so i won't diss him for his less than stellar effort. with that being said...i'd love to see shane give it another go with the young lion. canelo might be a bit much for him. it's sad to see shane as a gatekeeper. he's given a lot to the sport...he deserves the opportunity.
BigFightFan
I have lost faith in the sugar man, he has to prove me wrong. Alvarez by wide decision..
checkleft
A guy like berto could probably ko mosley at this point in his career, no offense to mosley but unless he want to be punch drunk I would stay away from vic and berto. They punch like Fucking gorillas
mgrover
just doesn't seem like he wants to fight anymore, he says hes all game, he talks the talk, but he won't walk the walk, i still think he might KO Alvarez
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 5 2012, 08:29 PM) *
i still think he might KO Alvarez

Thank you!

Cshel86
People are saying that Berto will beat Shane...if that's the case then I'll give Canelo more of a chance than Berto. What does Berto have in his arsenal that will keep him safe? His defense is sub par, his stance is shitty, and that jab...man that jab is something ugly.

Seriously..doesn't it look like Berto's slapping somebody with a wet towel when he throws his jab? Shane's jab isn't all that great nowadays, but it beats Berto's by a long shot.
BigFightFan
Mosley would school Berto, Berto leaves himself wide open. I happen to think Shane is done, but before he fights Canelo it would be a good idea to fight a tune up against a tailor made opponent to get a little confidence going
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 6 2012, 01:41 AM) *
Thank you!

depends which shane mosley shows up, if he's there to fight, its a clear win for him, the old shane, but if he's anything like in the mora fight and the pacman fight, or hell even the mayweather fight, its game over, i say mayweather fight because after that big shot, its all he looked for one big shot. i know the man has one punch KO power, and Alvarez cannot evade like Mayweather but you can't have that as your only game plan
Cheesey1
CShel, being an asshole is unfortunately normal for me.

As was said earlier, it depends on which Sugar Shane shows up and the only Shane Mosley left is Shane "sweet 'n' low" Mosley and I'm convinced that Canelo has enough to win over 12 rounds. His D is good enough to withstand whatever the current, OSDT tested, version of Mosley has left in the tank. He will press enough to keep Mosley busy that we'll see a lot of that by now patented "spastic glove and feet action before not throwing a punch" move of Mosley's.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Jan 5 2012, 04:11 PM) *

Ha! Good point about the PED testing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 5 2012, 11:05 PM) *
CShel, being an asshole is unfortunately normal for me.

As was said earlier, it depends on which Sugar Shane shows up

All we need is a "decent" Shane...its not like he would be facing top competition.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 5 2012, 11:10 PM) *
Ha! Good point about the PED testing.

Dont cosign with that shit Cheesey! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2012, 11:26 PM) *
All we need is a "decent" Shane...its not like he would be facing top competition.

Dont cosign with that shit Cheesey! laugh.gif

If I'm going to give a certain Top Rank boxer shit about PEDs, then I'd better give a boxer who actually tested positive even more grief.
mrchitown
I think Canelo might win by close decision. But I wouldn't be surprised if Shane actually pulled off the W. I think his jab would be a good key for him, if he throws it with some authority, it'll open up other things for him down the line in the fight. But if he throws that loose, jiggly jab then he might have problems.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 5 2012, 11:41 PM) *
If I'm going to give a certain Top Rank boxer shit about PEDs, then I'd better give a boxer who actually tested positive even more grief.

Sigh..+1, I guess. Fuck off Cheesey! laugh.gif

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 6 2012, 12:06 AM) *
I think Canelo might win by close decision. But I wouldn't be surprised if Shane actually pulled off the W. I think his jab would be a good key for him, if he throws it with some authority, it'll open up other things for him down the line in the fight. But if he throws that loose, jiggly jab then he might have problems.

Canelo's only downfall in this fight, would be to give Shane too much respect. The vibe that I got from article on the front page, shows me that Shane really doesn't give a damn, because he's already seriously pointed out some of Canelo's flaws.

He's ready to get in there and knock some heads off! Alvarez surely knows that he wont be in there with an old Baldomir, if this fight materializes.
The Original MrFactor
I dont beleive Mosley is all thjat serious any more as a boxer. After back to back blowout losses, it may be either time to hang em up or retool and start with a mid level guy. Calling out a big fish($$) like Alvarez speaks to the desperation of Mosely. Why would Alvarez even speak to a guy who just had back to back blowout losses? If Mosley thinks that we're gonna pay to see him fight the way he fought Pacquiao, then good luck with that PPV. I aint buyin it. He's not cashing out on my dime.

If he can beat a mid level guy, then maybe he's got something left. Even a fight with Zab Judah wouldnt be bad right now. If he beat Zab Judah, then we can kind of guage where he's at. After Zab, then go after a Mike Jones. After Jones, try the winner of Berto/Ortiz 3. I think thats 3 makeable fights for shane. They can all be done probably this year. Beginning of next year, then try your hand at Alvarez.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 6 2012, 07:38 AM) *
I dont beleive Mosley is all thjat serious any more as a boxer. After back to back blowout losses, it may be either time to hang em up or retool and start with a mid level guy. Calling out a big fish($$) like Alvarez speaks to the desperation of Mosely. Why would Alvarez even speak to a guy who just had back to back blowout losses? If Mosley thinks that we're gonna pay to see him fight the way he fought Pacquiao, then good luck with that PPV. I aint buyin it. He's not cashing out on my dime.

If he can beat a mid level guy, then maybe he's got something left. Even a fight with Zab Judah wouldnt be bad right now. If he beat Zab Judah, then we can kind of guage where he's at. After Zab, then go after a Mike Jones. After Jones, try the winner of Berto/Ortiz 3. I think thats 3 makeable fights for shane. They can all be done probably this year. Beginning of next year, then try your hand at Alvarez.

If this fight were signed, I doubt if it would be a PPV, but hell, Hopkins/Dawson was a PPV...so let's keep our fingers crossed that it stays on HBO laugh.gif Alvarez IS a big fish (money-wise), but he's mid level and quite beatable if the right guy is in there with him. Shane would be that guy to do it. Think about it, most of Canelo's opponents are on their way out, or they simply dont have the tools to compete with him. Shane's pretty muchon his way out, but he does have the tools to beat Canelo.

If anything, Canelo needs Shane the most. What legends/HOFs does he have on his resume? A Mosley fight get him over the hump, since most of these new guys dont have big names on their resume. With Alvarez's drawing power, title belt, and record...he has no choice but to take on all comers (at a sensible rate) at this point of his career.
Seek
I've said it before and i'll say it again. This is a big risk for Canelo. It's hard to call this fight based off the fact that we still don't know what Canelo is made of. He's been spoon fed opponents and not only will he not have the experience disadvantage but how will he respond to speed and power of Mosley. Sugar Shane is not the guy you want to bang with. However if Canelo can maintain his cool, weather the storm early and box then he can win himself a decision. Mosley will have to respect Canelos size and power. Anything can happen
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 6 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Sigh..+1, I guess. Fuck off Cheesey! laugh.gif

Canelo's only downfall in this fight, would be to give Shane too much respect. The vibe that I got from article on the front page, shows me that Shane really doesn't give a damn, because he's already seriously pointed out some of Canelo's flaws.

He's ready to get in there and knock some heads off! Alvarez surely knows that he wont be in there with an old Baldomir, if this fight materializes.

2012's going to be another good year for fight fans.
bnoles4life
They both win...if your azz is crazy enough to pay for this fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 6 2012, 01:23 PM) *
I've said it before and i'll say it again. This is a big risk for Canelo. It's hard to call this fight based off the fact that we still don't know what Canelo is made of. He's been spoon fed opponents and not only will he not have the experience disadvantage but how will he respond to speed and power of Mosley. Sugar Shane is not the guy you want to bang with. However if Canelo can maintain his cool, weather the storm early and box then he can win himself a decision. Mosley will have to respect Canelos size and power. Anything can happen

You're right, anything can happen. Mosley usually doesn't respect bigger guys, especially after he got his ass handed to him twice by Forrest and Wright...there were no more big guys out there to be afraid of, or respect in the ring for that matter.

The Notre Dame mascot will get lit up because Mosley will take his chances at sparkin' him up. If Mosley gets in trouble with Alvarez, then expect the "Vernon Forrest survival mode" to repeat, but I dont see him getting Ko'd or having to run.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 6 2012, 03:28 PM) *

Sadly Noles, I would probably be the asshole to pay for this fight. As much shit as I talk with you guys on here, I couldn't do myself the injustice of not enjoying it on my big screen and commenting round by round laugh.gif Garter Belt Promotions will stack the undercard, and force me to buy it...as usual!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 6 2012, 04:35 PM) *
The Notre Dame mascot will get lit up because Mosley will take his chances at sparkin' him up.

laugh.gif

Sadly Noles, I would probably be the asshole to pay for this fight. As much shit as I talk with you guys on here, I couldn't do myself the injustice of not enjoying it on my big screen and commenting round by round laugh.gif Garter Belt Promotions will stack the undercard, and force me to buy it...as usual!

Don't let the smooth taste fool ya...I'm WATCHING the fight...jus' not forkin' over my luchini for it. You guessed it: Sea Hag R US!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 6 2012, 04:13 PM) *
You guessed it: Sea Hag R US!!!!

I bet they already have a tentative date for the fight...they're just waiting for you!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 6 2012, 03:28 PM) *

Erm....yes, of course I'd pay for it...I never stream stuff... Seriously though i don't know if they'd make this a ppv.
Bropho
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 6 2012, 12:41 AM) *

which one has tested positive?

Shane Mosley has never tested positive, maybe i'm missing the subliminal shot. I know things have changed around here but fuck me if this character is stating that Shane Mosley has tested positive. Fuck, someone tell me any top rank boxer who has tested positive? Meth, Snoop, Fitz, Stevenski, and now this shit! Things done changed......
mgrover
QUOTE (Bropho @ Jan 7 2012, 07:42 PM) *
which one has tested positive?

Shane Mosley has never tested positive, maybe i'm missing the subliminal shot. I know things have changed around here but fuck me if this character is stating that Shane Mosley has tested positive. Fuck, someone tell me any top rank boxer who has tested positive? Meth, Snoop, Fitz, Stevenski, and now this shit! Things done changed......

he never needed to test positive since he openly stated that he unknowingly used PEDs (the cream?) during the balco scandal.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 7 2012, 05:45 PM) *
he never needed to test positive since he openly stated that he unknowingly used PEDs (the cream?) during the balco scandal.

Gee...I believe he admitted it under some type of oath...but hey, what do we know? And he knew EXACTLY what he was using...says the guy who administered the shit to him and got caught up in the scandal as well.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Gee...I believe he admitted it under some type of oath...but hey, what do we know? And he knew EXACTLY what he was using...says the guy who administered the shit to him and got caught up in the scandal as well.

i know but he pretty much got away with it, so he was home clean and dry
Cshel86
Yeah I know. The sarcasm in my post was actually directed towards that crybaby asshole that posted right above you who cried about somebody testing positive.
BoxingEinstein

Mosley catches the Red Hot Chilli Pepper Hair'd One with a come out the blue classic Sugar KO to shock the world and haters once again. Shane still has KO power and a great chin; he will snap The Ginger Cookie named as Alvarez. Shame on you all who thought Alvarez is a real serious combatant because he KO'd a shot and out of place Kermit Cintron. Shame on you!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 7 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Mosley catches the Red Hot Chilli Pepper Hair'd One with a come out the blue classic Sugar KO to shock the world and haters once again. Shane still has KO power and a great chin; he will snap The Ginger Cookie named as Alvarez. Shame on you all who thought Alvarez is a real serious combatant because he KO'd a shot and out of place Kermit Cintron. Shame on you!

+1

Mosley is one those guys that you cant turn your back on. As soon as you do, he pulls off a big win. At this point, he has nothing to lose, and Canelo has everything to gain. Shane already sparred with Cintron and studied his fight with Alvarez. He's ready to pull off an upset.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2012, 02:39 AM) *
Yeah I know. The sarcasm in my post was actually directed towards that crybaby asshole that posted right above you who cried about somebody testing positive.

i just got the sarcasm lol better late than never

at mosleys age i think he still has it all, the power, the speed and ability, i just wonder if he has the heart
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 8 2012, 12:00 AM) *
i just got the sarcasm lol better late than never

at mosleys age i think he still has it all, the power, the speed and ability, i just wonder if he has the heart

Hahahahaha!!! I knew you would get it Grover! There's nothing like a whiny little bitch crying about who's not around here anymore. How queer of him...

Other than that, its hard to question anybody's heart in this sport...especially if they're willing to get in the ring and do what they do. I still think Shane can pull it off...but if anything would be in question, it could be the actual passion to compete...those paydays are hard to walk away from though. LOL
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2012, 11:54 PM) *
+1

Mosley is one those guys that you cant turn your back on. As soon as you do, he pulls off a big win. At this point, he has nothing to lose, and Canelo has everything to gain. Shane already sparred with Cintron and studied his fight with Alvarez. He's ready to pull off an upset.

Yeah, people write him off because he didn't do well against a great counter puncher and boxer in Floyd. Mosley never did well against boxers with decent or above pop in their punches. People write him off because he fought a pussy ass, scared ass, and fleeting Mora who was more like a Meekrat than 'The Latin Snake'.

And then people write him off because of Pacquiao, everyone knows by now that Mosley got paid to step aside and not really 'show up'. Prime or Pull The Trigger Shane KO's Pacman easily. It was b.s., Alvarez will be nothing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 8 2012, 12:39 AM) *
Yeah, people write him off because he didn't do well against a great counter puncher and boxer in Floyd. Mosley never did well against boxers with decent or above pop in their punches. People write him off because he fought a pussy ass, scared ass, and fleeting Mora who was more like a Meekrat than 'The Latin Snake'.

And then people write him off because of Pacquiao, everyone knows by now that Mosley got paid to step aside and not really 'show up'. Prime or Pull The Trigger Shane KO's Pacman easily. It was b.s., Alvarez will be nothing.

Exactly! Its hard to look good against Floyd, and the Eastern Garden Snake Mora is a POS anyway...what a boring nincompoop. As far as Pac, what did people expect him to do?

He got hurt by a guy thats hard to stand in there with...especially after he floors you. I must admit, I was pissed at his performance, maybe because I paid for it. Mosley just has to be in a B-level mindset combined with his experience, and Canelo's done!
mgrover
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 8 2012, 05:39 AM) *
And then people write him off because of Pacquiao, everyone knows by now that Mosley got paid to step aside and not really 'show up'. Prime or Pull The Trigger Shane KO's Pacman easily.

Really? My source informed me that Pacquaio was paid to go easy on Shane and to carry him for the 12 rounds, that's why he shat himself when he KD Shane.

Oh whats my source? its called my ass, just like what you said came from
checkleft
^^yea I don't think it was a matter of either stepping aside as you guys put it.

Mosley simply felt the punches and shut down like in the mayweather fight.
He's on some different stuff now, hes seems like he just wants the money now after his divorce.
That's why I see him losing this fight, I can't picture him going in there thinking "I'm going to win this fight because I want to prove I'm the better guy".
He CAN and has the ability to pull off the win but he's not mentally there.
Like I said he will feel a shot and shut down again more than likely.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 8 2012, 08:52 AM) *
Really? My source informed me that Pacquaio was paid to go easy on Shane and to carry him for the 12 rounds, that's why he shat himself when he KD Shane.

Oh whats my source? its called my ass, just like what you said came from

Hahahahahaha!!! Dammit man!!!

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2012, 12:40 PM) *
He's on some different stuff now, hes seems like he just wants the money now after his divorce.
That's why I see him losing this fight, I can't picture him going in there thinking "I'm going to win this fight because I want to prove I'm the better guy".
He CAN and has the ability to pull off the win but he's not mentally there.
Like I said he will feel a shot and shut down again more than likely.

Its obvious thats it not hard to land a shot on Canelo, and Im sure he hasn't felt a Mosley punch. All Mosley has to do is go in there in touch his chin. Honestly, Shane doesn't have much more to prove...he's already fought the top 2 guys in the sport, so again, he doesn't have to prove he's the best in the world.

He may simply want to prove to the world that he's still a worthy competitor. I dont see Alvarez as a big threat at all, if anything, he's one punch away from losing that title and his buzz (not so much of his drawing power).

As far as the divorce, Im sure that would somewhat force anybody to go back to what they do best for a check, especially if the settlement was lofty. I can imagine some low-life, shit-for-brains, coke user, hitting Jin from the back while holding Shane's title belts in the air and throwing gang signs laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.