Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto Vs Marquez for a may 5th mega fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingStill#1
If they could work out a catch weight?

I think this would be fight of the year candidate..

Im not sure who would take it, but I would have to slight towards Marquez based on technique..

Does Cotto's power still play a role? And would it here?
Cshel86
C'mon Box...please tell me that you're trolling! Seriously?! laugh.gif

JMM is too small for Cotto, and there's no doubt that it would be a strain on both fighters to even muster up a catchweight to sign off on. Cotto will more than likely be okay at 147, but Im not sure about JMM. So 144, again, sounds good for Marquez, but a death wish for Miguel. I honestly dont feel that there is a catchweight for this fight.
mgrover
cotto + 147 = drained

i mean come on, maybe a couple years back sure but this would drain cotto and drain him badly.
pimpfighterROQ
LOL what's up with JMM talks about fighting all these bigger guys cuz he was the better man against Pacquiao. Seriously this man is a legend no doubt. But he needs to stick at lightweight or junior welterweight and cause havoc there. Guerero, Rios, Maidana, Morales. Lots of fights there. No need to see him stay in welterweight.
mgrover
marquez is done, he doesnt want to fight anyone but pacman otherwise hes retiring, got nothing left to prove really
Seek
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 5 2012, 11:00 PM) *
cotto + 147 = drained

i mean come on, maybe a couple years back sure but this would drain cotto and drain him badly.

Cotto has said numerous times how he can make 147 comfortably. Never has he once complained about struggling to make weight, even when he fought Pacquiao at 145. Just stating facts...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 6 2012, 10:34 AM) *
marquez is done, he doesnt want to fight anyone but pacman otherwise hes retiring, got nothing left to prove really

See that's the thing... I feel him and Cotto are pretty much at the same stage in their career... one foot out the door..

And all this talk about 147lbs being to light for Cotto... I agree.. I think he looks much stronger at the higher weight..

If Cotto does go the Golden pastures I actually see this fight as a huge possibility as perhaps a build up for the next Mayweather victim
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 6 2012, 12:26 PM) *
See that's the thing... I feel him and Cotto are pretty much at the same stage in their career... one foot out the door..

And all this talk about 147lbs being to light for Cotto... I agree.. I think he looks much stronger at the higher weight..

If Cotto does go the Golden pastures I actually see this fight as a huge possibility as perhaps a build up for the next Mayweather victim

I agree they are both one foot in and one foot out. If Cotto suffered a bit by weighing in at 145 again MP, then a catchweight at this point would probably be a bit of a stretch for him. If Cotto does go to Garter Belt Promotions, then that would probably make it even harder for the fight to get signed, being the fact that Manny could possibly be hanging 'em up soon, and Arum is going to make the most of Bradley and JMM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.