Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview of V. Klitschko vs. Chisora (Klitschko Slapped at Weigh In!)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
Does Chisora have a chance vs an Ageing Vitali Klitschko??? Ive always though a fast punching , come forward , high workrate guy gives Vitali trouble.

Looking forward to the fight as if the Chisora that fought Helenius turns up then at least we have a good heavyweight title fight where the challenger will actually have a go at the champion.

Vitali's body with the injury's cant go on forever , Chisora must not be hesitant for 1 minute or he will be picked off.

Thoughts?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jan 6 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Have a chance vs an Ageing Vitali Klitschko??? Ive always though a fast punching , come forward , high workrate guy gives Vitali trouble.

Looking forward to the fight as if the Chisora that fought Helenius turns up then at least we have a good heavyweight title fight where the challenger will actually have a go at the champion.

Vitali's body with the injury's cant go on forever , Chisora must not be hesitant for 1 minute or he will be picked off.

Thoughts?

While I give Del Boy respect for his ambition, after seeing how Tyson Fury soundly beat him, I don't think that he has a chance against either Klitschko.

To be specific, while I agree with you that come forward, high workrate boxer would give Vitali trouble, form what I've seen of Chisora he doesn't have the movement to effectively avoid the jab and lacks the discipline to work the body and not start head hunting before it's the right time.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 7 2012, 01:09 AM) *
While I give Del Boy respect for his ambition, after seeing how Tyson Fury soundly beat him, I don't think that he has a chance against either Klitschko.

To be specific, while I agree with you that come forward, high workrate boxer would give Vitali trouble, form what I've seen of Chisora he doesn't have the movement to effectively avoid the jab and lacks the discipline to work the body and not start head hunting before it's the right time.

Watch the Helenius fight, if you haven't seen it. He fought the perfect fight against a taller guy. I was shocked like many who watched it when the scores were read. Chisora will be as good of an opponent as any. The thing is, you gotta go with reckless abandon against the Klits. i have never seen them in there with a friction' wild man. Everybody is too tame and intimidated by the size. Go for broke when in close to the body. They don't like body shots.
BoxingEinstein

That pussy Povetkin needs to fight Wlad, he's been ducking him for years now and Haye needs to stay retired. Only HW fights I want to see is...

Arreola vs Haye

Fury vs Wlad

Vitali vs Wlad...

Other than that every other fight can kiss my ass.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 8 2012, 02:30 AM) *
Watch the Helenius fight, if you haven't seen it. He fought the perfect fight against a taller guy. I was shocked like many who watched it when the scores were read. Chisora will be as good of an opponent as any. The thing is, you gotta go with reckless abandon against the Klits. i have never seen them in there with a friction' wild man. Everybody is too tame and intimidated by the size. Go for broke when in close to the body. They don't like body shots.

I'll watch the Chisora/Helenius match, but I can't in any way look at what Chisora could land (and also not get tagged while trying to land) while fighting Helenius and think that he can get away with that against a Klitschko. I'm sorry, I like Del Boy, but he needs some more experience. I think that while he wouldn't get beaten as shamelessly as Arreola was whupped, he would still suffer the fate of a smaller guy with inadequate movement. Let Dereck fight Audley Harrison first. I'm sure Audley would take that fight in a heart beat.
Cheesey1
Okay, I watched Chisora/Helenius and I agree that Dereck fought the right fight, went to the body and put on the pressure (he also threw some nice jabs). A much better showing by him than against Fury. One question that came to mind was it seemed that Helenius took a few flush punches that should've rocked him, which makes me wonder about Chisora's power. My big caveat here is that I think that Helenius is a bum. Nonetheless, Chisora definitely showed better movement and intelligence than Arreola did, when Arreola fought Vitali.
Jack 1000
Chisora bitched-slapped him at the weigh in, and was fined $50,000 by the WBC. Chisora is going to get the beating of his life!

Here is the video of the weigh in and slap from You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XUauDQX5jw...feature=related

Jack
BrutalBodyShots
Well, that move from Chisora will only light a fire in Vitali to put an even bigger beating on the guy than he would have received already. Fine by me - I'd rather see a stoppage than a boring 12 round decision.

daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 8 2012, 02:30 AM) *

most of these guys have lost before the fight even happens. seeing chisora slap the dog shit out of him gives me reason to believe he's not laying down and may have won the first battle. i wonder if that slap will be enough to make klit more aggressive and come forward instead of sitting back and picking him apart? i guess we'll find out tomorrow. where can i catch this fight?
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 17 2012, 02:38 PM) *
Well, that move from Chisora will only light a fire in Vitali to put an even bigger beating on the guy than he would have received already. Fine by me - I'd rather see a stoppage than a boring 12 round decision.

exactly.
sduck
What a bitch. I hope Vitali whoops his ass.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 17 2012, 03:26 PM) *
most of these guys have lost before the fight even happens. seeing chisora slap the dog shit out of him gives me reason to believe he's not laying down and may have won the first battle. i wonder if that slap will be enough to make klit more aggressive and come forward instead of sitting back and picking him apart? i guess we'll find out tomorrow. where can i catch this fight?

The fight will be on the Epix channel, which is a premium service and hard to get. That is so fucking dumb! "Let's put a world heavyweight champion fight on a channel that nobody gets." I mean, why Epix? ESPN could have and should have picked this up, since HBO only shows Klitschko interest if a "name" is in the other corner. Can't blame them too much. Outside of the UK, who would know who Chisora is?

You'll be able to PM public streams tomorrow on the site. The time for the card will probably be around 5PM (ET)/2PM(PT) I think Dish Network has Epix Channel. Not sure what cable systems do. Does anyone know?

Jack
mgrover
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 8 2012, 09:54 AM) *
That pussy Povetkin needs to fight Wlad, he's been ducking him for years now and Haye needs to stay retired. Only HW fights I want to see is...

Arreola vs Haye

Fury vs Wlad

Vitali vs Wlad...

Other than that every other fight can kiss my ass.

so Haye stays in retirement and fights Arreola. I wana see Toney and Haye
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 17 2012, 06:29 PM) *
The fight will be on the Epix channel, which is a premium service and hard to get. That is so fucking dumb! "Let's put a world heavyweight champion fight on a channel that nobody gets." I mean, why Epix? ESPN could have and should have picked this up, since HBO only shows Klitschko interest if a "name" is in the other corner. Can't blame them too much. Outside of the UK, who would know who Chisora is?

You'll be able to PM public streams tomorrow on the site. The time for the card will probably be around 5PM (ET)/2PM(PT) I think Dish Network has Epix Channel. Not sure what cable systems do. Does anyone know?

Jack

i never heard of epix or chisora. laugh.gif thanks. if i'm around a computer i'll check it out.
Cshel86
Alright, here it goes...

daprofessor
klit was leaning in with his head...almost trying to intimidate chisora.

anyone think klit had that coming? unsure.gif
wolterb
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 17 2012, 09:44 PM) *
klit was leaning in with his head...almost trying to intimidate chisora.

anyone think klit had that coming? unsure.gif

ha!
I think the only policy for the weigh-in stare downs is not to hit each other. But, a fifty-thousand fine is too much for a slap, to me.

Chisora fights on clumsy feet with a style like joe frazier. I cannot see him winning unless he knocks vitali out - which isn't likely considering chisora's knockout ratio and klitschko's chin. I bet we'll see more offence from Chisora than we did with adamek, though

BrutalBodyShots
I hope Chisora is able to land clean shots with gloved hands tomorrow and that the slap wasn't the only clean connect he's gonna have.

I agree that stopping Klitschko by hurting him is a tough task, especially for a guy that isn't a big banger...

HOWEVER, the next guy to stop Klitschko will probably stop him in similar fashion to the last time he was stopped - by cuts. Even a guy without iron fists can cut up an opponent if he either lands often enough or lands just the right shot. If I were Chisora (or anyone challenging Vitali) I'd be going for the guys eyes from the opening bell.

wolterb
I don't know where this is being broadcasted...jack1000 says public streams will be available tonight. if anyone has any info where i can watch this lemme know otherwise i'll go the way of peeping tom internet style....
wolterb
oh yea, and fuck epix...lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 18 2012, 11:14 AM) *
I don't know where this is being broadcasted...jack1000 says public streams will be available tonight. if anyone has any info where i can watch this lemme know otherwise i'll go the way of peeping tom internet style....

Yea,

Unfortunately we can't have public URL links of the streams inside the threads, because than the site owners find out and we could lose sponsorship, so anyone who finds a stream, MUST use their PM's or E-Mail to share it with anybody. That's the issue though. Why Epix? 90% of the world doesn't even offer that channel!

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.