Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Wanna See Margarito/Mayorga???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
At this point of both of their careers, its obvious that they have one foot out the door. This can still be a big fight between them...of course, not a PPV, but you get where Im coming from. You have Margarito, who brings pressure and high punching volume (to those who are there to be hit), and then you have Mayorga, who just comes at you, tries everything 'til it works, and fights 'til the end.

Both have personalities that can build a good fight, and they both come into a fight to bring pressure, no matter how high the odds are stacked against them.

Who do you pick?
mgrover
i dont know but i wonder who would look more of a mexican drug lord during the press conference.
checkleft
Margarito won't get licensed in the us. In Mexico maybe, but i only support margarito fights if he's going to get his ass kicked. Other than that he can rot in tj for all I care
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 7 2012, 11:56 PM) *
i dont know but i wonder who would look more of a mexican drug lord during the press conference.

Ha! I'll give this one to Mayorga...only because he looks like he's used a few in his days laugh.gif

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2012, 12:09 AM) *
Margarito won't get licensed in the us. In Mexico maybe, but i only support margarito fights if he's going to get his ass kicked. Other than that he can rot in tj for all I care

What do you mean Check? He got a license in TX and NY...If this shit took place in Mexico, it would be a mess! A guy like Mayorga always deserves the big stage, so Im sure it would be held somewhere else.
BoxingEinstein

Mayorga already doesn't like Marg's so it would be a sensational promotion because of his word of mouth and Marg's Tony Montana persona. Not to mention the fight would be entertaining, lots of fireworks here and there.
DubC
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 7 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Mayorga already doesn't like Marg's so it would be a sensational promotion because of his word of mouth and Marg's Tony Montana persona. Not to mention the fight would be entertaining, lots of fireworks here and there.

I'd buy a 24\7 PPV just to see this...
Cshel86
I have to lean towards Margs in this one...simply because of the pressure and punch output. On the other hand, we may see Mayorga fight a different fight, being the fact that his opponent's height and and weight is similar, and Toney is just as gritty. Arum and King will have another chance to work together with this one!

QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 8 2012, 01:21 AM) *
I'd buy a 24\7 PPV just to see this...

+1 Dub!
flazi
the promotion alone would be worth it. imagine these 2 bad asses sitting down with Kellerman in the middle lol. lots of shit talking back and forth. Honestly its about 4 years too late but it would be fun as hell.
Plah
Always wondered why this fight never happened
The Original MrFactor
Yup!! I'd like to see this one. I think its about 7 years too late, but it will still be entertaining!!
thehype
Yes. And I'd pick Mayorga.
MaxPayne
The bloodthirsty savage in me would love to see this fight. However, I cannot with a good conscience say that I would ever want Cheato in the ring again. He should hang up the gloves for good and hope that his eye can be repaired.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2012, 01:16 AM) *
Ha! I'll give this one to Mayorga...only because he looks like he's used a few in his days laugh.gif

What do you mean Check? He got a license in TX and NY...If this shit took place in Mexico, it would be a mess! A guy like Mayorga always deserves the big stage, so Im sure it would be held somewhere else.

The way his eye got damaged so quickly in the cotto fight I doubt any state would let him fight any time soon. The way the cotto fight went doesn't look good on boxing. Yea its a drama filled heroic blah blah blah for the media and public to eat up but marg should have never gotten licensed for the fight because of the condition of that eye. It wasn't properly healed and the ny commission knew that, but bob gets around things all the time. Cough cough chavez Martinez cough cough.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2012, 12:29 PM) *
The way his eye got damaged so quickly in the cotto fight I doubt any state would let him fight any time soon. The way the cotto fight went doesn't look good on boxing. Yea its a drama filled heroic blah blah blah for the media and public to eat up but marg should have never gotten licensed for the fight because of the condition of that eye. It wasn't properly healed and the ny commission knew that, but bob gets around things all the time. Cough cough chavez Martinez cough cough.

Trust me, if NY had a hard time granting him a license, but happened anyway, then there's a chance that somebody will grant him one. His eye in the Cotto fight wasn't all that bad to be honestly, now, if it was swollen and cut in the same spot, then I would've been a bit concerned. Since it was the Cotto love story/revenge plot, it seemed more dramatic than it actually was.
bnoles4life
I'd watch it, in the same way I'd take a look a ugly titties! rolleyes_anim.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 8 2012, 03:29 PM) *
I'd watch it, in the same way I'd take a look a ugly titties! rolleyes_anim.gif

laugh.gif
wolterb
lol ^

i would love for this fight. both of these dudes are super raw
BigFightFan
The bad guy vs the bad guy. Why not? This fight will be all offense so I would love to see it!
daprofessor
only way i'd watch margarito/mayorga is if margarito is fighting for free. i can't support the p.o.s. he should have been banned for life.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 7 2012, 11:56 PM) *

Ha! Margarito's the Mexican drug lord and Mayorga's the Columbian drug lord.
Cheesey1
Definitely an interesting match, but I agree with others, Margacheato's made enough money, IMO the sport's better off without him.
Cshel86
Hell, if he was allowed back in the sport and able to make the money that he's been able to make...then I dont see anything wrong with a Mayorga clash. I mean seriously, I dont see him making that much money in this fight. He already has to live with a damaged eye and limited eyesight...something that we take for granted. If he's allowed back in the ring to sustain further damage to it, then more power to him.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 7 2012, 11:50 PM) *
At this point of both of their careers, its obvious that they have one foot out the door. This can still be a big fight between them...of course, not a PPV, but you get where Im coming from. You have Margarito, who brings pressure and high punching volume (to those who are there to be hit), and then you have Mayorga, who just comes at you, tries everything 'til it works, and fights 'til the end.

Both have personalities that can build a good fight, and they both come into a fight to bring pressure, no matter how high the odds are stacked against them.

Who do you pick?

This would be an awesome fight to have and great promotion also. I can't stand Margarito so I would be pulling for Mayorga in this one. Not sure who would win, but both guys would have their war wounds and Margaritos eye would be an issue for him.
sduck
Sure why not, not PPV material though. I got Margarito on this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.