Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: top ten fights u wanna see in '12
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
here are mine...

1. floyd/cotto...i've wanted this fight for years...i think cotto is still relevant.

2. cotto/pac...cotto wins the rematch imo.

3. floyd/martinez...huge fight for floyd...a legacy builder.

4. pirog/martinez...pirog needs to be on u.s. tv!!!

5. broner/gamboa...very good fight with two highly skilled guys.

6. ward/bute...ward schools him. i just want all the bute fans to be silenced.

7. gamboa/rios...a lil' tired of rios. gamboa destroys him.

8. donaire/moreno...great fight...may be a chess match...i love chess matches.

9. khan/bradley...i've always felt bradley was the best at 140.

10. canelo/jc jr...don't count jr out in this one.

honorable mentions: rios/jmm, bradley/pac, cotto/canelo, cotto/martinez, jc jr/martinez, dawson/pascal 2, bute/froch, pavlik/lee...

Cshel86
1. Bradley/Guerrero
2. Ortiz/Maidana II
3. Broner/Gamboa (too early though)
4. Peterson/Guerrero
5. Matthysse/Bradley
6. Khan/Alexander
DubC
Larry Merchant vs Harold Lederman
Wlad vs Margs
Floyd vs SRL
Pac vs Duran
Cshel vs Allmenjoi

Cshel86
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 9 2012, 10:23 PM) *
Cshel vs Allmenjoi

You're witnessing greatness as we speak...feast your eyes upon greatness my friend...witness and appreciate...
BoxingEinstein

1.Floyd vs Martinez

2. Matthysse vs Rios

3. Ward vs Bute

4. Cloud vs Pascal

5. Kirkland vs Cotto

6. Donaire vs Gamboa

7. Guerrero vs Khan

8. Maidana vs Ortiz 2

9. Berto vs Bradley

10. Abraham vs Pirog
DubC
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 9 2012, 11:40 PM) *
1.Floyd vs Martinez

2. Matthysse vs Rios

3. Ward vs Bute

4. Cloud vs Pascal

5. Kirkland vs Cotto

6. Donaire vs Gamboa

7. Guerrero vs Khan

8. Maidana vs Ortiz 2

9. Berto vs Bradley

10. Abraham vs Pirog

^^^^^

Thats a good list tbh...

Just drunkenly thought of this one...But PWill vs Canelo, for some reason I just think it should be made (I may try and take this one back tomorrow fuck.gif drinks.gif )
Franchize
1. Mayweather vs Pacquiao- Yea I know Arum is making the whole situation annoying but I still wana see this fight. I think Manny's heart alone still gives him a shot to beat anyone but Mayweather's skill IMO will be too much for him. Styles make fight and Manny's biggest weakness is Floyd's best atribute. Quite frankly, I dont want to see Floyd fight anyone else other than Manny. Let's face it, until he whoops Manny, some people will unfairly tarnish his legacy as an all time great because casual fans only see the surface Arum propaganda and don't know the meat and potatoes behind this whole mess. I would love to see Mayweather vs Martinez,Canelo,Cotto, Bradley (not that I think it will be close between them.I just wanna see Bradley get beat up) etc. Just not until after he schools Manny. I like Manny, but this has gotten out of hand. Time for a boxing lesson. Mayweather winning this fight would change the landscape of boxing both inside and out of the ring. Arum's strangle hold over the lower divisions, one that has killed potential classic matchups, will loosen!

2. Rios vs Ortiz- I think it's only a matter of time before Rios goes way up in weight. I love the feud between these two and the rivalry between the Garcias. The story alone is worth the price of admission.

3. Bradley vs Ortiz- I think this will be a good fight. I dont like either guy personally but I think they talk enough reckless shit to make it interesting. Both are overconfident jackasses. I think Ortiz is the more talented fighter but Bradley is mentally tougher. Interesting matchup.

4. Canelo vs JCC Jr- I actually like Canelo in this one. I've heard a lot of experts saying Jr wins easy. I think it'll be the other way around.

5. K9 vs Kirkland- I never thought K9 was all that good. I think Kirland will KO him eventually and he's way too cocky for someone who couldn't even win the Contender. That said, the fireworks that will take place in that fightmight rival Angulo vs Kirkland's 1st round

6. Cloud vs Pascal- I think Pascal beats Cloud in a sloppy fight with big haymakers from both guys.

7. JM Lopez vs Gamboa- I've been itching to see this fight for a while. I think it has fight of the year written all over it.

8. Canelo vs Martinez- I think this will be closer than people expect. I think Alvarez will give Martinez all he can handle.

9. Ward vs Bute- At 1st I was really excited for this. The more the fighters begin to talk about it, I'm less amped. They don't seem to enthusiastic.

10. Khan vs Bradley- I actually think Khan will beat Bradley. I think Bradley was scared too lose. Then he saw Peterson and became hyped. I htink he'll come in the fight overconfident and get outboxed. As bad as Khan looked against Peterson, you could still make a case for him winning that fight. Peterson fought off of raw emotion from being in his home town. I live in the DC Metro area now and they were hyping the fight for a while. The mayor was there. He knew if he got schooled, it could be detrimental to his career. I doubt Khan v Bradley happens anywhere but Vegas.

Honarable mention: Mosley vs Cotto 2, Mosley vs Berto, Guerrero vs Bradley, Mares vs Donaire, Dawson vs Cloud, Khan vs Maidana 2 (I had the 1st as a draw), Broner vs Russell Jr, Bradley vs Winner of Berto/Ortiz , Marquez vs Morales, Marquez vs Maidana, Ward vs Martinez
Cshel86
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 10 2012, 01:10 AM) *
^^^^^

Thats a good list tbh...

Just drunkenly thought of this one...But PWill vs Canelo, for some reason I just think it should be made (I may try and take this one back tomorrow)

Yeah you may wanna do that Dub laugh.gif
sduck
1. Mayweather vs Pacquiao
2. Mayweather vs Martinez
3. Ward vs Bute
4. Martinez vs Chavez Jr.
5. Broner vs Guerrero
6. Gamboa vs Russell Jr.
7. Rios vs Peterson
8. Matthysse vs Morales
9. Alvarez vs Mayweather
10. Khan vs Bradley
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Yeah you may wanna do that Dub laugh.gif

I'm not going to edit...Only nea.gif wtf.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 10 2012, 01:14 PM) *
I'm not going to edit...Only nea.gif wtf.gif

laugh.gif

P. Willy would get his dome split if he's thrown in there with Canelo. Its obvious that he doesn't use his jab half as effectively as he did as a WW,and that's actually his key to beating anybody out there. As he says, he's not going to change anything about his fighting style, he's gonna be the same Paul Williams no2.gif
Plah
1. Mayweather vs Martinez

2. Ward vs Martinez

3. JMM vs Bradley

4. Ortiz vs Berto II (We actually get to enjoy this one)

5. Bradley vs Khan

6. Guerrero vs Khan

7. JMM vs Guerrero

8. Dawson vs Ward

9. Broner vs Gamboa not this year tho

10. Cotto vs Mayweather

10 matches are not enough!
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2012, 12:19 PM) *
laugh.gif

P. Willy would get his dome split if he's thrown in there with Canelo. Its obvious that he doesn't use his jab half as effectively as he did as a WW,and that's actually his key to beating anybody out there. As he says, he's not going to change anything about his fighting style, he's gonna be the same Paul Williams no2.gif

^^^

This. In my defense I was obliterated last night thumbsup_anim.gif

And for future reference, if I'm posting after 10pm chances are I'm gettin my buzz on...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 10 2012, 03:18 PM) *
1. Mayweather vs Martinez

2. Ward vs Martinez

3. JMM vs Bradley

4. Ortiz vs Berto II (We actually get to enjoy this one)

5. Bradley vs Khan

6. Guerrero vs Khan

7. JMM vs Guerrero

8. Dawson vs Ward

9. Broner vs Gamboa not this year tho

10. Cotto vs Mayweather

10 matches are not enough!

Dawson vs Ward is actually a very intriguing match up, I never thought of that. Good look
Plah.
Cshel86
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 10 2012, 03:56 PM) *
And for future reference, if I'm posting after 10pm chances are I'm gettin my buzz on...

nono.gif No, no, no, Dub...you must start at 8PM...

streetlion1
Mayweather vs Cotto

Martinez vs Chavez Jr.

Cloud vs Dawson

Ortiz/Berto winner vs Pacquiao

Hopkins vs Bute

Alvarez vs Martinez

Bradley vs Berto

Mares vs Donaire

Cshel86
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Jan 13 2012, 11:50 PM) *
Martinez vs Chavez Jr.

Alvarez vs Martinez

Do you think that Martinez will have a problem with Chavez's height and possible 15 lb weight advantage? (Just want to see it from your standpoint)

As far as Alvarez vs Martinez...its going to funny seeing how Canelo will have the weight advantage in this bout, even though he will have to possibly move up (if Sergio doesn't want to move down). You think Oscar will let this one happen? It makes for a great showdown! Winner in both?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.