Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zab Judah vs Vernon Paris
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
leonthegee
According to Boxingscene.com Zab Judah and Vernon Paris are going to face each other in a IBF junior welter weight title eliminator, with the winner becoming the number 1 contender to challenge IBF junior welter weight champion Lamont Peterson. Now I dont know about you guys but I love this fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2011, 01:31 PM) *
Yep! He's good at what he does...throwing a wrench in the game plan of any type of sweepstakes, or ruining his own...only to get multiple chances to do it all over again. So yeah...typical Zab.

Well let's look out...he's sure to come out of the woodworks with a couple of tune-up bouts and scream for the big stage again. As history shows us...it always happens laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 31 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Sigh...thanks KingKO for talking this up laugh.gif It may actually happen now, being the fact that Zab is supposed to fight Vernon Paris in a WBA title eliminator bout (more than likely in March)...which leads the winner to...yep, you got it...Lamont Peterson laugh.gif Let's wait for Zab to get our hopes up and fuck up the whole show...as he's notoriously known for doing! Wait for it...

laugh.gif

Let's not be surprised if any of this takes place
leonthegee
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2012, 11:23 AM) *
laugh.gif

Let's not be surprised if any of this takes place

God I hope not. I thought Vernon was sentenced to boxing purgatory when he signed with Don King Promotions. I think Vernon Paris can fight and want to see more of him. I just hope one of the networks picks up the fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 10 2012, 03:23 PM) *
I thought Vernon was sentenced to boxing purgatory when he signed with Don King Promotions.

Dont second-guess yourself laugh.gif
BigFightFan
If Vernon Paris can do the type of body work he did against Coleman, he may just send zab away for good. Judah has talent but he can be easily broken if the fight isn't going his way.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 10 2012, 04:54 PM) *
If Vernon Paris can do the type of body work he did against Coleman, he may just send zab away for good. Judah has talent but he can be easily broken if the fight isn't going his way.

If he can get to Judah's body, then he may have a chance. His only concern should be getting caught with Zab's left hand (straight or uppercut) coming in. Zab may try to school him since he knows a big title shot, so he will have to find a way to get his respect early.
BoxingEinstein

Fuck "Super Shit" Zab Judah, I hope Paris sends him to Paris.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 10 2012, 06:51 PM) *
Fuck "Super Shit" Zab Judah, I hope Paris sends him to Paris.

Dont sleep on Zab...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2012, 07:05 PM) *
Dont sleep on Zab...

When he faces world class fighters, *Einstein rolls out the sleeping bag*
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 10 2012, 07:10 PM) *
When he faces world class fighters, *Einstein rolls out the sleeping bag*

You're right, but when you almost count him out, he usually leaves pulls through...all the way up until the faces world class fighters laugh.gif
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2012, 07:15 PM) *
You're right, but when you almost count him out, he usually leaves pulls through...all the way up until the faces world class fighters laugh.gif

*Einstein turns off the lights and gets plenty of Z's.*
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2012, 06:39 PM) *
If he can get to Judah's body, then he may have a chance. His only concern should be getting caught with Zab's left hand (straight or uppercut) coming in. Zab may try to school him since he knows a big title shot, so he will have to find a way to get his respect early.

If Zab pulls the trigger on that left hand, under Whitaker he's more reserved and cautious. To build confidence Judah needs a fast start to win.
dhoward126
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 10 2012, 07:40 PM) *
If Zab pulls the trigger on that left hand, under Whitaker he's more reserved and cautious. To build confidence Judah needs a fast start to win.

Zab isn't going to win this fight. Honestly, if you look back at what he's done at 140 since he dropped down, what has he accomplished? He got a gift against Matthysse, got a come from behind KO against Kaiser Mabuza and quit against Khan. He hasn't looked too good and as mentioned before, he's fighting more cautiously now for whatever reason under Pernell Whittaker. Whittaker is not a good trainer, fighters I've spoken to that have trained with him said he's very air-headed in terms of prepping a fight. Judah should have stuck with Eddie Muhammad. I'll go with the emerging Vernon Paris by UD in this one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jan 10 2012, 08:24 PM) *
if you look back at what he's done at 140 since he dropped down, what has he accomplished?

Yeah you're right about that, he hasn't done much at 140 since coming back down. Our only hope at this point, is that he starts early and fast (as he used to)...maybe it will fly against a younger fighter dntknw.gif
BigFightFan
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jan 10 2012, 08:24 PM) *
Zab isn't going to win this fight. Honestly, if you look back at what he's done at 140 since he dropped down, what has he accomplished? He got a gift against Matthysse, got a come from behind KO against Kaiser Mabuza and quit against Khan. He hasn't looked too good and as mentioned before, he's fighting more cautiously now for whatever reason under Pernell Whittaker. Whittaker is not a good trainer, fighters I've spoken to that have trained with him said he's very air-headed in terms of prepping a fight. Judah should have stuck with Eddie Muhammad. I'll go with the emerging Vernon Paris by UD in this one.

I agree, although there is a chance Judah lands a big shot early and finishes him.
mrchitown
I won't be surprised if Zab wins....
checkleft
Zab is a live one against him. But this is a good fight for Paris who impressed in his fight against Coleman. Zabs a known fighter, a veteran, and he can still fuck up some plans if you sleep on him so this is a nice step up. Hopefully he performs well and gets some good recognition.
leonthegee
Zab can still fight. I think the Khan fight could of been different if he and Khan didnt bump heads in the first. It really busted his eye up and threw him off. I just hope that performance doesnt stop HBO or somebody else from picking up the fight. At the very least this fight should be on ESPN.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 11 2012, 07:18 AM) *
I just hope that performance doesnt stop HBO or somebody else from picking up the fight. At the very least this fight should be on ESPN.

Last time I checked, I believe this bout will be on network television. Main Events pretty much got a tv deal with NBC sports, so more than likely, they will air it. I know that Eddie Chambers fights somebody this month on the network.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2012, 06:16 AM) *
Last time I checked, I believe this bout will be on network television. Main Events pretty much got a tv deal with NBC sports, so more than likely, they will air it. I know that Eddie Chambers fights somebody this month on the network.

Thats funny cuz I never even heard of NBC sports till yesterday when I was flipping channels.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 11 2012, 10:42 AM) *
Thats funny cuz I never even heard of NBC sports till yesterday when I was flipping channels.

I believe it bought out the station that used to be Versus. Please dont quote on this, I will have to look up the whole story later.
thehype
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2012, 11:27 AM) *
I believe it bought out the station that used to be Versus. Please dont quote on this, I will have to look up the whole story later.

That's correct.

Give me Paris by UD...either that or Paris by Quitage.
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Jan 12 2012, 08:35 AM) *
That's correct.

Give me Paris by UD...either that or Paris by Quitage.

Okay, I knew it was somewhere in that neighborhood with those television stations, but its been a while since I read up on it. I assume that you mean Judah by quittage? laugh.gif
flip
Can't wait to see Zab back in the ring!
Cshel86
Looks like Paris just inked his contract for the Judah fight, so its a done deal!

http://www.boxingscene.com/vernon-paris-si...judah-on--48619
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.