Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fight of the Millenium
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
DubC
OK, so Floyd is the one looking for an "angel" to guarantee his purse...LMMFAO, like that would be a problem if the fight were to actually be made??? Pac said he would take less to make the fight, but according to the article below it will have to be 50\50...Give me a fucking break, anyone who has any sense about them at all will see through this shit (and most around here have seen it for awhile)...I would laugh my FUCKING ass off if Floyd called the bluff and said "OK, lets do this shit on your date in late May"...Hell, I'd buy a PPV a $70 PPV just to see the video of Arum trying to find a way out of it...This shit is beyond comical at this point (has been for the last 2 years, but even more so now)...

That being said, wonder what the judge would think about Floyd saying "Fuck you Arum, Fuck you Pac, Fuck you May 5, let's get this shit done on the day you chooose"

This is the article I'm talking about, and I even copied it so you all don't have to click the link...There will be more below this BS....

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/74536...ayweather-fight

Pacquiao's financial adviser Michael Koncz told The Associated Press on Thursday that a 45,000-seat boxing arena being built in Las Vegas won't be finished before the end of May and staging the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight in a smaller venue is "foolish from an economic standpoint."

Mayweather challenged and taunted Pacquiao to a May 5 bout in a tweet on Tuesday.

"Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see," he tweeted.

Mayweather is available for a fight in May at the MGM Grand Garden after a judge agreed last week to postpone his jail sentence for domestic violence until June. Mayweather was sentenced to 87 days in jail, but likely will serve less time.

The MGM Grand seats about 17,000, which could fetch around $20 million in sales, but the larger arena could raise an additional $30 million, Koncz said.

"Why would I tell Manny to fight on the 5th and throw away a percentage of 30 million? That's crazy," he said.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has told the Philippines' GMA television the only reason the fight won't happen is if there is an "economic problem."

He said the fight "could happen very, very easily" at the end of May -- enough time to build the outdoor arena "the fight so badly needs."

"I will also guarantee Manny's purse," he said. "In other words, Manny doesn't want to go into the ring and just fight out a percentage."

He said Mayweather is looking for "outside parties to guarantee his end of the purse."

"So, until he finds the angel, there is no fight," Arum said.

In a separate interview with GMA, Pacquiao said that if Mayweather agrees to a "50-50 sharing, there will be no problem."

"The purse is not the issue right now, the date is," Koncz said. "But we don't have a problem splitting it 50-50."

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-bends-give...ne-late---48413

(sorry for quoting that lolboxingsite, but this shit is ridiculous)

^^^^^^^^^

There is some shit from Arum claiming 50\50 as well (in addition to the 'angels' that Floyd will need to make any money)...Now Arum says Venue isn't an issue, they can fight anywhere...But it's gotta be "50\50" and since Floyd has no promoter he will need "angels" for his purse...Meanwhile, Arum is taking damn near 30% from Pacs purse EVERY FIGHT...Who has been brining home a bigger check? The fighter witha "promoter" or the one promoting himself...It's not like, even if he were to need a promoter, Floyd wouldn't be making Pacs purses look like a months worth of daycare for an infant..That's not to mention the REPORTED LOANS that Manny has had to take out from Top Rank and Co...

I'm over it, but the more this shit goes on I want to see Floyd kick the shit out of Manny even more...I love Pac, he is great and "most" of his PPVS are every bit worth the cash spent...Anyone who knows anything about boxing know that this fight is a wash, and that is why Arum avoids it at any and all costs...

COME ON BEN, BRING THE INTERVIEW THAT WE HAVE ALL BEEN CRAVING...GET ARUM ON THE LINE AND PUT HIM ON THE SPOT WITH THE FACTS!!! Is it possible or does he have your number blacklisted and sent straight to voicemail?! lmao

And with all of the above, I still have casual fans coming to me talking about "Mayweather is scared" or "Pac would kill him"...."blah blah blah" I just ignore them, I used to provide them links\youtube clips\anything else stating FACTS but they never seemed to bother researching it...The general public and casual fan see VILLAIN VS HERO, and don't give a damn about anything else....
daprofessor
i don't normally bet on fights...but i'm gonna cash in on this one. there are so many fools out there that have been convinced floyd was ducking pac. time to get paid!!!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 12 2012, 04:19 AM) *
i don't normally bet on fights...but i'm gonna cash in on this one. there are so many fools out there that have been convinced floyd was ducking pac. time to get paid!!!

1+

I've got pactards surrounding me and I can't wait till payday..

(A day that will never come)..

Which reminds me, isn't it crazy how Manny's marketing and political moves, and all his friendly T.V appearances
have made him into the Superhero?.. he's looked superhuman against well matched and timed opponents for so why not right?

It just kills me how offended people get whenever I try to bring up an intelligent conversation. But since most of the general public as mentioned above doesn't know all the facts, im standing there in nearly an argument tryin...g to convey the truth.

I try my very best not to be bias towards Floyed but where is the crowd who sticks up for him? Is that why Fight Hype is looked at as "Floyed-Hype".. and blah blah... because Ben and or writers deliver FACTS!... not one have I read, in article, anything that was detrimental to Pac or his camp.

Truth is, we aren't going to see this fight as long as Manny doesn't stand up to Bob and say MAKE THE FIGHT HAPPEN.... or when he is no longer a Top Rank Fighter

Its more than just mula here folkes.. its Bobs ego and bitterness towards a fighter who left him for his anticts and taunts him along the way.

I think Floyed is tactful with his "calling Manny out".. I feel it s an attempt to get under his skin to force Manny make his promoter the fight.

But who knows.. I think everyone is at the point to where we are willing to wash our hands with this until signatures are signed
un01
if the venue isnt a issue why not fight on the 5th?... that was the main reason why they wanted to fight at the end of the month, and isnt floyd legally have obligated to fight on the 5th? which would explain why arum is suggesting a later date
Franchize
QUOTE (un01 @ Jan 12 2012, 04:58 AM) *
if the venue isnt a issue why not fight on the 5th?... that was the main reason why they wanted to fight at the end of the month, and isnt floyd legally have obligated to fight on the 5th? which would explain why arum is suggesting a later date

Better question is, if Arum had 4 people in mind and Floyd wasn't one of them because the fight was "impossible" because of his pending legal situation, where did this 45k seat venue shit come from anyway? How do you have such detailed, elaborate ideas for a guy you claimed wasn't even an option?
Cshel86
If I were you guys, I would just look forward to other fights being made, and pray that those guys dont fall into this realm of ass-backwards negotiations. Just hope that none of these future stars get too big, to the point where two of them are supposed to meet, and shit like this happens.

This isn't the fight of the millenium, if anything, its an on-going travesty. Even if he happens to be made one of these days...just dont give your hopes up until the they're in the ring and the first bell sounds...especially if Arum is still involved.

There are a few things that have been confirmed during these negotiations (if thats what you want to call it)...SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET THEIR BUSINESS IN ORDER!!! That very statement was made by FMJ, and its come to fruition...
Pacquiao's side...
  • Manny's cut wont heal in time for the May 5th date
  • Manny says the cut is fine...
  • Manny will be able to fight in May...(FMJ's sentence gets delayed)...Manny wont be able to fight until June
  • Manny wants to fight at the end of May
  • Arum wants him to fight in June
  • I have 4 opponents for Pacquiao...
  • I want to fight Floyd Mayweather
  • This mystery stadium wont be built in time for a Mayweather fight...in which he says is not gonna happen anyway...so why wait for a stadium?
  • I will take a smaller split of the purse
  • I have Manny's purse guaranteed (no percentages)
  • "Somebody" is supposed to stand up to Arum and tell him who he wants to fight...wait for it

Mayweather's side...
  • He put fire under Arum's ass with the May 5th date...bad move (Arum wont give in to the demands of a guy he hates)
  • "Step up punk"...bad move (Arum's ass will surely hurt behind this one)
  • His jail sentence gets delayed...bad move (you were supposed to go to jail Floyd laugh.gif)
  • No business discrepancies noted...good move

One thing people need to realize about Pacquiao...financially, he's in the hole. This dude has borrowed millions from Arum for his political hogwash, which leads to this...
  • Just how in the fuck is a guy supposed to "stand up" to a man that he owes millions of dollars, and tell him what HE wants?
  • If Pacquiao decided to part ways with TR right now, just how in the fuck can he even afford to leave?
  • How can a guy "retire" (debt free) by the end of this year, when he owes millions?
  • Does anybody not know that Pacquiao has had financial issues for YEARS?

So for all of the folks that keep saying, "he needs to stand up to Arum and tell him what HE wants, surely it cant be that easy with the given circumstances.

Oh yeah, and the next person that walks up to me and says, "Ay man, what's up with the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight? Why wont Mayweather just fight the little dude? They need to make that fight happen. What's going on with that?"...Im either going to throw a punch, or slit my wrist...whichever comes first!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 12 2012, 08:50 AM) *
Better question is, if Arum had 4 people in mind and Floyd wasn't one of them because the fight was "impossible" because of his pending legal situation, where did this 45k seat venue shit come from anyway? How do you have such detailed, elaborate ideas for a guy you claimed wasn't even an option?

+1

Good post!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 12 2012, 03:28 AM) *
.Meanwhile, Arum is taking damn near 30% from Pacs purse EVERY FIGHT...

Let's not forget the nice little sum, that Garter Belt Promotions (shout out to Shely) gets due to Manny's lunacy!
Cshel86
So there we have it...Pacquiao STILL owes Pimp Arum millions for his political ventures, then Arum gets somewhere between 24, 27, or 30% of his purse each fight, he has to pay his Roach, Ariza, Koncz, and whoever else has a works for him, and he still has to pay Garter Belt Promotions (laugh.gif)...does it sound like Pac's gonna retire after this year?

Does it sound like he has a valid reason to "stand up to" Arum and demand a fight? "Pimp" Arum for President thumbsup_anim.gif
checkleft
I don't even care if the fight happens. I've been saying it for years, Floyd is to good. Im pretty sure he wins in a semi easy fashion against pac.

But one of these days the two are gonna get knocked off by some younger unknown challenger and lose all of the hype. Shit by the end of this year if they don't get some challenges Bute ward nonito and all the other up and coming fighters are about to come for that number one spot. So it doesn't really matter to me there are some great fights lined up this year already especially on showtime that I can't wait for, so I'm really happy I'm over this bs. If it happens great, but if it doesn't who cares boxing is fine with all of these other guys willing to get in there without being scared of losing an 0 or their hype.
mrwigi
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 12 2012, 01:47 PM) *
I don't even care if the fight happens. I've been saying it for years, Floyd is to good. Im pretty sure he wins in a semi easy fashion against pac.

But one of these days the two are gonna get knocked off by some younger unknown challenger and lose all of the hype. Shit by the end of this year if they don't get some challenges Bute ward nonito and all the other up and coming fighters are about to come for that number one spot. So it doesn't really matter to me there are some great fights lined up this year already especially on showtime that I can't wait for, so I'm really happy I'm over this bs. If it happens great, but if it doesn't who cares boxing is fine with all of these other guys willing to get in there without being scared of losing an 0 or their hype.

+1.. I to am very tired of the circus act. At least we do have other guys willing to get in the ring and put there chin and there rep on the line to have a good fight... I'm probably one of the biggest floyd fans you will meet, but if it doesnt happen, then oh fucking well...

This fight kinda reminds me of the NFL and NBA lockouts... There is so much money to be made, but nobody wants to take an L for the money to be made
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jan 12 2012, 05:23 PM) *
very tired of the circus act

Does this sum up the "negotiations"? laugh.gif
BoxingEinstein

I swear...someone needs to slip Arum some poison or make things look like things happened because otherwise we as fans won't be able to witness the biggest mismatch in history happen. I'm all for Floyd calling out Pacquiao but Arum just needs to shut the fuck up and just tell the whole world that he doesn't want Pacquiao to fight Floyd at all. Fuck Top Rank and Fuck Bob "Bullshitting" Arum I wished he croak so Todd Duboef can takeover.
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 12 2012, 08:47 AM) *
This isn't the fight of the millenium, if anything, its an on-going travesty.

This.

But I had to have a catchy title that didn't involve the name of either fighter
DubC
"Ay man, what's up with the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight? Why wont Mayweather just fight the little dude? They need to make that fight happen. What's going on with that?"
BigFightFan
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 13 2012, 05:36 PM) *
"Ay man, what's up with the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight? Why wont Mayweather just fight the little dude? They need to make that fight happen. What's going on with that?"

Where have you been? This is old news
Cshel86
laugh.gif

Nah this asshole is repeating something that I posted about those mindless fans in the world that walk up to me and ask about the "megafight". Hahahaha!!! Dub, you're an asshole man!!!

I swore this was troll thread when I logged in laugh.gif
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 13 2012, 04:52 PM) *
laugh.gif

Nah this asshole is repeating something that I posted about those mindless fans in the world that walk up to me and ask about the "megafight". Hahahaha!!! Dub, you're an asshole man!!!

I swore this was troll thread when I logged in laugh.gif

It was, I couldn't help myself taunt.gif
Cshel86
Im gonna move this to the fight of the millenium thread so it wont be on the front page laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 13 2012, 05:34 PM) *
This.

But I had to have a catchy title that didn't involve the name of either fighter

Gotcha! I was just referring to how the public viewed this bout.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.