Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhausted Post-Fight Interview Phrases...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Im under the assumption that most of us are hardcore boxing fans, and we watch a card from the beginning to the ending credits. With that said, which phrases are you absolutely tired of hearing during post-fight interviews? I will give one of my examples...

Anything that alludes to..."It comes with the territory". Man seriously, which fighter started that mess? laugh.gif I know for a fact that all (if not most) of Al Haymon's fighters slaughter that phrase...with the exception of Mr. P. Willy, who remixes it by saying, "That's how the cookie crumbles". laugh.gif

Name 'em!
t4toe1217
My favorite/worst has to be "I just have to sit down with my team, go back to the drawing board, hit the gym on Monday and we'll move on from there!"
MaxPayne
Well it's definitely not Sam Peter...I never get tired of hearing him shout "WHO NECKSS ? HOOO NEKXXXXSSHH ?!"
mgrover
I don't stick around for that most the time, but I just want someone to go out and say, look at him, i fucked him up, with no modesty whatsoever that would be worthwhile,
flazi
"He never hurt me" lol.
Franchize
"My trainer just came up with a game plan and he left it up to me to go in there and execute"
Who the fuck else was he going to leave it up to?

"I feel like I'm ready. I'm ready for the biggest and the best @ {insert weight}"
Usually followed by Mayweather's name.

"I'm young, I'm hungry and I'm ready to take on all challengers"

Or the all time worse...after a loss"

"Iont know man. I just wasn't myself in there.I just couldn't get off like I wanted to. Like I said, I just wasn't myself."

Then who the fuck was that in the ring with your name on their shorts getting that ass whooped?
Cshel86
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Man yall are fuckin' hilarious!!!

My personal favorite, which is exhausted and used in a league of its own...is anything that comes out of P. Willy's mouth!

***Note: I will forever repost the literary travesty that took place in this post-fight interview. It was unique, funny, and comically embarrassing to say the least laugh.gif

P. Willy after the Lara fight:

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 9 2011, 11:42 PM) *
Max Kellerman: ..."why was he able to hit you with that shot so easily"?

Paul Williams: Because know what Im sayin', I was bein' lazy in there, you know, I thank if I would've picked it up more and be more fresher know what Im sayin', but, I was just bein' lazy but no excuses, know what Im sayin' he was landin' that punch, know what Im sayin, so. I take my hat off to him, he keep landin' it".

Max Kellerman: "So we're going to be Paul Williams again, no changes, just more of the same, but even harder"?

Paul Williams: "You, you, you said it better than I can say it".
DubC
"eh, eh, eh I need to eh, eh talk to eh, eh my, eh eh eh promoter"
Franchize
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 13 2012, 04:09 PM) *
"eh, eh, eh I need to eh, eh talk to eh, eh my, eh eh eh promoter"

You gotta do the long "eeeeeehhhhhhhhhh. My pramotor eeeeeehhhhhh Bob Arum. Das heez job.I leeb it up to heem. My only job eeehhhhhhhh is to get in da ring and fight."
Cshel86
"We had a great training camp and we worked so hard for this fight".

Aren't you ALWAYS supposed to work hard in training camp? Hopefully you did...

BoxingEinstein

"It was a great fight and my team came with a great game plan to get the win"

"He was a tough opponent"

"I don't know...he caught me with some good shits that I didn't see coming..and that was that"

"I'm not tired at all...in fact I can go 15 rounds, 20 rounds..maybe even 50 rounds...I been in the best shape of my life in this fight"

"That one shot? Nah...nah...nah it didn't hurt me at all...I shook off it and went back to work...ehh..oh..That other shot? nah...nah..it wasn't nothing...it was lil something..but I got up because I slip on my opponents sweat since I worked him over....it..it was easy work man"

"First off all...I want to thank God" (no offence just calling spades)

"I won the fight...they stole my title...I won the fight"

"Talk to my promoter..and we'll see what's next"

"Burger king!!! Here I come.. Baby!! whoooooooooooo!!! Burger king...Don King kiss my ass...Bob Arum...he my man"
Cshel86
"I want my title(s) back"...
BoxingEinstein

"I got MILK BABY....YEAH!!!...I GOT MILK"
BoxingStill#1
Its up to my promoter.... Bob Arum... ..

( oh shitt..... I wasn't suppose to name any names was I?)
Franchize
"[Insert name] was a tough opponent.He can still become champion some day."

"I take nothing away from [insert opponent]."
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 14 2012, 02:27 AM) *
Its up to my promoter.... Bob Arum... ..

( oh shitt..... I wasn't suppose to name any names was I?)

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 14 2012, 10:21 AM) *
"[Insert name] was a tough opponent.He can still become champion some day."

"I take nothing away from [insert opponent]."

Classic Floyd lines!...that's only if Bradley isn't busy jocking his wordplay laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 13 2012, 02:16 PM) *
"He never hurt me" lol.

+1
Cshel86
QUOTE (t4toe1217 @ Jan 13 2012, 01:15 PM) *
My favorite/worst has to be "I just have to sit down with my team, go back to the drawing board, hit the gym on Monday and we'll move on from there!"

laugh.gif

Tell me about it! That whole phrase is translation for..."Yeah bitch, we won tonight! Ima talk to my team in a couple of weeks, but tonight, we gone party, make it rain, and pour champagne on some bitches! I'll think about fightin' on Monday while Im nursing a hangover".

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 13 2012, 01:30 PM) *
Well it's definitely not Sam Peter...I never get tired of hearing him shout "WHO NECKSS ? HOOO NEKXXXXSSHH ?!"

Yeah Sam Peter's words are definitely nothing to talk about, then the ugly face along with that atrocious yelling makes it hard for people to stomach his interviews.
Cshel86
"Im ready for anybody that they put in front of me"

I hate when fighters say this. They give our hopes up, but as soon as the money isn't right...well, yall know the rest...

"I was dominating the whole fight. I was the aggressor."

Yeah-fuckin'-right! You can tell when a guy's dialogue is scripted for his interviews...that shit comes out nice and smooth laugh.gif

"Yeah, I'll give him a rematch."

We all know how this goes...its a 60/40 chance wit this...60 being the chances of it not happening laugh.gif
MaxPayne
Oh snap, we forgot, "HE CAME TO FIGHT"....
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 1 2012, 11:29 PM) *
Oh snap, we forgot, "HE CAME TO FIGHT"....

laugh.gif

Exactly! What was he supposed to do???
daprofessor
one of my favorites....holyfield was being interviewed after one of the bowe fights i believe...and they watch the tape of him getting staggered by bowe...the interviewer asks..."what was going through your mind at this point." holyfield, without hesitation, responds....."i got him right where i want him now!"

laugh.gif

they don't make fighters like him anymore.
mgrover
Anything Mayweather says about himself.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 14 2012, 04:20 AM) *
"My trainer just came up with a game plan and he left it up to me to go in there and execute"
Who the fuck else was he going to leave it up to?

"I feel like I'm ready. I'm ready for the biggest and the best @ {insert weight}"
Usually followed by Mayweather's name.

"I'm young, I'm hungry and I'm ready to take on all challengers"

Or the all time worse...after a loss"

"Iont know man. I just wasn't myself in there.I just couldn't get off like I wanted to. Like I said, I just wasn't myself."

Then who the fuck was that in the ring with your name on their shorts getting that ass whooped?

The bold had me rolling....hahahahaha
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 3 2012, 11:19 AM) *
one of my favorites....holyfield was being interviewed after one of the bowe fights i believe...and they watch the tape of him getting staggered by bowe...the interviewer asks..."what was going through your mind at this point." holyfield, without hesitation, responds....."i got him right where i want him now!"

laugh.gif

あれ? hahahahaha
Cshel86
"I had to fight him and the 3 judges" - (insert fighter)
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 2 2012, 10:19 PM) *

laugh.gif

What? 'roided up fighters? Au contraire mon frare. Presumably, you needn't look further than Cali (Vargas, Mosley, allegedly Pac...lol).

Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 13 2012, 09:46 PM) *
"I'm not tired at all...in fact I can go 15 rounds, 20 rounds..maybe even 50 rounds...I been in the best shape of my life in this fight"

laugh.gif

How in the hell did I miss this one? That "I could've gone 15 to 20 rounds" bullcrap is getting too old! I hate hearing it nowadays. Yeah right motherfucker, you looked like you had been wrestling a buffalo after the 5th round...lookin' tired as hell and clinching.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.