Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Your Top 10 Best Offensive Fighter?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein
1. Prime Iron Mike Tyson

2. Sugar Ray Robinson

3. Rocky Marciano

4. Harry Greb

5. Joe Louis

6. Henry Armstrong

7. Roberto Duran

8. Aaron Pryor

9. Prime Roy Jones Jr.

10. Manny Pacquiao

Honourable Mentions : Salvador Sanchez/ Thomas Hearns/ Carlos Monzon/ Marvin Hagler/ Jack Johnson/ Jack Dempsey
mgrover
prime tyson easily, i mean the reason i think he was so successful as an offensive fighter is his bobbing and weaving when coming in to attack, especially with the taller guys, taught me a thing or two, well that and his physical abilities.

the way he fought it was obvious he would expose himself to a lot of punishment but as he claims his defence truly was impregnable but when he got lazy, such as when he fought buster douglus he got sloppy and proved that he was no different from any other fighter, without training its hard to beat even those you look down upon
Cshel86
Since most of the old school fighters are listed, I will dib & dab with a few from this era...

1. JMM
  2. Marcos Maidana
  3. Antonio Margarito (dont hate me)
  4. Erik Morales
  5. Marco Antonio Barrera
  6. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.
  7. Victor Ortiz
  8. Junior Jones
  9. Miguel Cotto (south of 154)
  10. Joshua Clottey

***Not all of my listed favorites are "all offense", but I feel that they're offense is worth mentioning.
streetlion1
Trinidad

Cotto

Cloud

Pacquiao

De La Hoya

Mosley

Quartey

Tyson

Morales

Holyfield

mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2012, 03:25 AM) *
Since most of the old school fighters are listed, I will dib & dab with a few from this era...

1. JMM
  2. Marcos Maidana
  4. Erik Morales
  5. Marco Antonio Barrera
  7. Victor Ortiz
  8. Junior Jones
  10. Joshua Clottey

***Not all of my listed favorites are "all offense", but I feel that they're offense is worth mentioning.

i dont understand why clottey is there?
mitukczuk
I am surprised nobody listed Floyd Mayweather. South of WW he used to be a machine. And still shows glimpses of that machine in WW from time to time. His offense is/was not relentless and all the way, but its always effective and gets the job done. I wouldn't call him defensive or offensive, hes simply effective as hell !

Next in no particular order :

Roy Jones Jr. - loved the way he worked the body
Iron Mike Tyson - whats not to love
Aaron Pryor - relentless
JMM - beautiful combos
George Foreman - Me hit, Me crush !
Miguel Cotto - South of 154, beautiful to watch
Marco Antonio Barrera - beautiful combos, true Mexican blood
ODLH - jab, left hook
Marvelous Marvin Hagler - Pressure, power of will !

These are mine from top of my head.

HaydelHammer
- Julian Jackson
- Felix Trinidad
- JMM
- Ray Robinson
- Joe Louis
- A.Pryor
- Roy
- Quartey
- Hearns
- Evander

Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 14 2012, 05:14 AM) *
i dont understand why clottey is there?

laugh.gif

I like how everybody wrote Clottey off after he couldn't get off against Pacquiao who on the other hand just "couldn't seem to stop" throwing bodydropping blows that got blocked the whole 12 rounds.

Everybody seems to forget his bouts against Baldomir, Margarito, Judah, Cotto, and Corrales... dntknw.gif I also noted that not all of my listed fighters were "all offensive" fighters.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 13 2012, 10:25 PM) *

1. JMM
  2. Marcos Maidana
  4. Erik Morales
  5. Marco Antonio Barrera
  7. Victor Ortiz
  8. Junior Jones
  10. Joshua Clottey

It actually needs to be April, in order for proper use of "April fools", Shely!!! LOL.

S/N: Why do I not see any sign of Ricardo Lopez on anyone's list?
bnoles4life
In no particular order:

Roy Jones (if you don't know, well, you jus' don't know)

Felix Trinidad (Tito was hell on wheels at 140-147....that left hook was beastly)

Aaron Pryor (as someone mentioned earlier, relentless)

Ricardo Lopez (underrated picasso...had it all)

Ray Robinson (legendary..."off your on switch" w/ either hand)

Ray Leonard (fast hands, good power..)

Marvin Hagler (a hard dude...I mean, jus' HARD)

Julian Jackson (an absolute terror)

Gerald McClellan (royally fucked up the aforementioned dude...that alone, makes him a bad MFr)

Emmanuel Burton/Augustus (offensively, the sh*t that this dude did in the ring.....)
mitukczuk
Emanuel Augustus. True ! The man who gave Floyd (By his own words) the toughest fight hes been in. Nice pick !
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 14 2012, 02:09 PM) *
Emanuel Augustus.

The Drunken Monkey!!! Gotta love Augustus!
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2012, 05:21 PM) *
laugh.gif

I like how everybody wrote Clottey off after he couldn't get off against Pacquiao who on the other hand just "couldn't seem to stop" throwing bodydropping blows that got blocked the whole 12 rounds.

Everybody seems to forget his bouts against Baldomir, Margarito, Judah, Cotto, and Corrales... dntknw.gif I also noted that not all of my listed fighters were "all offensive" fighters.

it's not the pacman fight, its the fact that he's too defensive too have an effective offense, I mean he lost to cotto cause of it, he had cotto there hurt and bloodied up(which is fairly easy tbf) and didn't finish and then complains he got robbed. and then theres margarito who stands in front of you with his hands up, how could he not take advantage of that matter, and he lost him, he beat judah sure, but I didn't see that fight, so I've got no idea which Judah turned up. If anything I'd nominate him for the defensive fighter thread but his offense? I wouldn't compare it to any of the top fighters this decade.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 15 2012, 06:54 AM) *
it's not the pacman fight, its the fact that he's too defensive too have an effective offense, I mean he lost to cotto cause of it, he had cotto there hurt and bloodied up(which is fairly easy tbf) and didn't finish and then complains he got robbed. and then theres margarito who stands in front of you with his hands up, how could he not take advantage of that matter, and he lost him, he beat judah sure, but I didn't see that fight, so I've got no idea which Judah turned up. If anything I'd nominate him for the defensive fighter thread but his offense? I wouldn't compare it to any of the top fighters this decade.

He should've "iced" Super Judah...he didn't, mainly b/c he was TOO DEFENSIVE. Offensively, Clottey COULD be something special, but he isn't. IMO, that says it all.
Kratza
1. Marcos Maidana
2. Yuriorkis Gamboa
3. Roy Jones Jr (Prime)
4. Erik Moralez
5. Floyd Mayweather (When he decides to throw combos)
6. Juan Manuel Marquez
7. Saul Canelo Alvarez
8. Ricky Hatton
9. Gary Russel Jr (Dont cry)
10. Andre Ward
xxxxxx
Aaron Pryor was a little monster and Obviously Iron Mike when he was young would have to be considered.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 15 2012, 06:54 AM) *

Yeah, maybe I should've put him in the best defensive fighter thread. I personally believe he's a great offensive fighter (when he's being offensive).
CDeezFoo
Floyd Mayweather is thee most accurate puncher in the game. Offense is not just how much you throw, but of course what you throw and when you throw. He hits his opponents in crucial spots especially when they are out of position. Just as he said, he would get a lot more knockouts but opponents go into survival mode and box to stay around while Floyd doesn't go outside of his game to get a knockout. Gotti might of been the last time I seen him unleash on somebody that wouldn't stop coming forward. Roy Jones Jr was the most entertaining offensive fighter, from his entrances with him rapping to fighting being sponsored by Jordan and having his own shoe and sweet Jordan apparel, all of that goes into your offense because of intimidation and flare that an opponent might get caught up in. Then you get to Roy Jones hand speed..there is a video that shows him hitting a punching bag like 20 times in 3 seconds, I can send you a link if you challenge that. For number 3 to finish out my Top 3 in no particular order... one word...Mike Tyson
flazi
rafael marquez is left out on you guys' list. on of the best offensively of this era.
neophyte7
Ali in his prime before going to jail... hands down the GREATEST OFFENSIVE HEAD HUNTING FIGHTER OF ALL TIME.. HE AGAINST CLEVELAND WILLIAMS SAYS IT ALL...

PRIME GEORGE FOREMAN--- A JUGGERNAUT IN THE RING

Sugar Ray Robinson
Sugar Ray Leonard
AARON PRYOR--
Marvin hagler-- Hagler against Mugabe-- viscious offensive mounted
Felix Tito Trinidad-- His decapitation of William Joppy was ill
fLOYD-- the most accurate puncher in history
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.