Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kennedy vs Martin on FNF's last night
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
Caught up with this fight today , it would have been a cracker for my blog as it was a very hard fight to score. I scored the fight 96-94 Kennedy although the draw OR a Martin win would have been more than acceptable.

Most of the rounds were very very close , it got me thinking of a thread i read on another forum asking if you favoured a "workrate" fighter or a fighter that "picks" his punches better.

Hopefully there is a rematch but i can see both guys moving on with this as it wont hurt thier IBF ranking...Kennedy 7 , Martin 10.

Here my scorecard which i wil add to my blog on a seperate article covering the FNF's...

10-9 Martin
9-10 Kennedy
9-10 Kennedy
10-9 Martin
9-10 Kennedy
10-9 Martin
9-10 Kennedy
9-10 Kennedy
10-9 Martin
9-10 Kennedy...............96-94 Kennedy

ps: the Cuban guy on the undercard looks like he has all the tools to go really far but his workrate needs to be alot better though. Almarez put up a great effort though. I scored the fight 79-72 Ugas
flazi
i had kennedy by 3 rounds.
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 14 2012, 04:03 PM) *
i had kennedy by 3 rounds.

I would've agreed with you last night, but watching it again today, I actually agree with the decision. I actually had Kennedy up 2 rounds last night, but he gave a couple of rounds away and those body shots from Martin had him second-guessing himself in a few rounds. Its hard for me to be completely logical with scoring rounds while under the influence laugh.gif
flazi
yeah i will watch it again today too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.