Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Victor Ortiz Documentary
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
This documentary is about 21 minutes long, but its also a bit interesting. Most of the stuff is the usual...Victor's childhood, but around the 10 minute mark, it gets more interesting. You see an old friendship that is no longer valid. If you want to see some people looking silly as youngsters, then this is the video to see it. Check it out..

Box in Hand
Funny how cool he was with Brandon Rios and now they don't even speak. And the Garcia family is at war all over this kid who was throwing head butts even at an early age.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jan 15 2012, 12:41 AM) *
Funny how cool he was with Brandon Rios and now they don't even speak. And the Garcia family is at war all over this kid who was throwing head butts even at an early age.

Exactly! I guess that everyone else would have to see for themselves! That frustration on his part hasn't changed a bit. That hometown fame surely got to his head until those amateur trials.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2012, 12:44 AM) *
Exactly! I guess that everyone else would have to see for themselves! That frustration on his part hasn't changed a bit. That hometown fame surely got to his head until those amateur trials.

Yeah you could see mental weakness in him at an early age. I'm impressed that he overcame obstacles but damn he really isn't all there mentally.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jan 15 2012, 12:49 AM) *
Yeah you could see mental weakness in him at an early age. I'm impressed that he overcame obstacles but damn he really isn't all there mentally.

In regards to mental weakness, he didn't leave anything to our imagination. See how skinny Rios was??? Motherfucker had a giraffe neck laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2012, 12:53 AM) *
In regards to mental weakness, he didn't leave anything to our imagination. See how skinny Rios was??? Motherfucker had a giraffe neck laugh.gif

Yup you never would have guessed he would have turned into such a world beater.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jan 15 2012, 12:57 AM) *
Yup you never would have guessed he would have turned into such a world beater.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yep...looked like he could still choke down a few chimichangas back then ( Im referring to the big feast they had on the Cotto/Margarito 24/7).
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2012, 11:57 PM) *
This documentary is about 21 minutes long, but its also a bit interesting. Most of the stuff is the usual...Victor's childhood, but around the 10 minute mark, it gets more interesting. You see an old friendship that is no longer valid. If you want to see some people looking silly as youngsters, then this is the video to see it. Check it out..

Good video here. Bring on Ortiz vs Rios!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 15 2012, 01:18 PM) *
Good video here. Bring on Ortiz vs Rios!!

I know right! Bring it! Its too funny how those dudes were best of friends, and now they nearly hate each other. I guess when Victor fell out with Robert Garcia, everything else went sour as well.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2012, 01:56 PM) *
I know right! Bring it! Its too funny how those dudes were best of friends, and now they nearly hate each other. I guess when Victor fell out with Robert Garcia, everything else went sour as well.

It happens to the best of them. Maybe some ego got involved also when Rios started to make a name for himself. It would be a great fight with a great story. Awesome clash of styles to.
mrchitown
A Rios-Ortiz matchup has fight of the year, round of the year, and knockout of the year potential
flazi
wait, didn't his whole history turn out to be a big lie? How his father never left him and how he has a sister he never speaks of cause she is incapacitated and that the foster family was the garcia's. lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 15 2012, 03:35 PM) *
A Rios-Ortiz matchup has fight of the year, round of the year, and knockout of the year potential

Yep! Now as soon as we figure what weight class fat ass really needs to be in, then we can talk about it.

QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 15 2012, 03:56 PM) *
wait, didn't his whole history turn out to be a big lie? How his father never left him and how he has a sister he never speaks of cause she is incapacitated and that the foster family was the garcia's. lol

I believe it did turn out to be false, but who truly knows? I have to look up the article from Danny Garcia on the front page around the time of the Ortiz/Mayweather fight...he pretty much put it all out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.