Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (prime) Ricky Hatton vs. Marcos Maidana at 140lbs
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
I Think this would be a great match up for all boxings fans. WHO DO YOU HAVE WINNING???

(UNDEFEATED) Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton vs (TODAYS) Marcos "Rene" Maidana

Cshel86
I believe we had this discussion last summer, and I was the laughing stock for saying that Maidana would beat Hatton into another city of west bubbafuck! I have yet to change my mind about this...Maidana is Ricky's nightmare at 140. He can take Ricky's head shots, but Im all that sure about the body shots.

With that said, since Hatton likes to come forward with his awkward foot movement, this would still be a treat for Maidana, in regards to him not having to chase him. I think Hatton's inside game a bit better (technically), but Maidana's more than likely hurt more.

Both guys aren't the best technical fighters, but it all comes down to whose more relentless with the most power, and who can outlast who...which equals a nightmare for Hatton.
pimpfighterROQ
Ill have to side with Cshel on this one. Maidana is like a fucking robot. He just wants to knock you out. He has way more power than Hatton. See Ortiz, Morales, Khan fights. Cant wait to see him in welterweight
fightscoreollector
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 18 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Ill have to side with Cshel on this one. Maidana is like a fucking robot. He just wants to knock you out. He has way more power than Hatton. See Ortiz, Morales, Khan fights. Cant wait to see him in welterweight

i think hatton punches too hard and often to the body for maidana to win this fight. ricky in about 8
leonthegee
I dont think Hattons chin would hold up.
mitukczuk
Well, I doubt Ricky has ever had any "Prime". Since he was a straight-forward powerhouse with self-exhausting style that never thought about the defense other than footwork (back to the previous point). Same ol' same ol' (which is of course what has made him Ricky Hatton)

I have to side with Maidana on this one. He would simple outhustle him. Im thinking about something similar that happened in the Ortiz fight. Outmachoed !

The only way I see for Ricky to win this fight is Castillo style body shot or something that Khan dropped him with.
BrutalBodyShots
I'd consider a "prime" Hatton to be the one anywhere in the range of about the time he fought Vince Phillips until he fought Maussa or so. That Hatton I'd take to stop Maidana to the body, somewhere mid fight. I'd picture Hatton to fight Maidana similar to the way he fought Tszyu - pulling that swarming, annoying bullshit that would take away that little bit of space Maidana would need to be as effective as he'd like. I think Hatton would get inside the kill zone, hold and hit etc and eventually land a series of body shots that would finally put Maidana down for a 10 count.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 18 2012, 06:24 PM) *
I have to side with Maidana on this one. He would simple outhustle him. Im thinking about something similar that happened in the Ortiz fight. Outmachoed !

Exactly

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.