Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heres a thought...the hatman and amir khan
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
now if the "hatman" had not correctly spotted the mistake on the scoreard which was a 10-10 changed to the correct 10-8 in favor of peterson.

Khan would have won the fight.

would khan and his team give a rematch to peterson if the mistake was pointed out after the fight??

NO NO NO...not a chance in hell , you know it , i know it and GBP know it.
mgrover
pretty much but a rematch does occur ive already got a bet that khan wins for a tenner
Cshel86
Dammit man! The hatman's ass was covered for a while, but now that its abundantly clear who he really is and what he really does...it makes this shit look nasty. Now Im pissed at the fact that this guy had the balls to sit at the judges table (or wherever he sat) and disrupt shit. The saddest part is, nobody questioned it when it happened.

Im twice as ready for them to get this rematch out of the way, as I was for the initial fight. Im sure Khan will come to the rematch "nutritionally prepared" and fight like the champ that wants the world to believe he is. Last time, he shat his pants in disbelief because he was in there with somebody who knew what they were doing.

This makes Lamont look bad...first the ref with the big pants took that point away at the end (which made it look like some hometown BS), then we have to hear about some charity-throwing, hatman, with a half-priced suit, inserting himself into the situation no2.gif Guess we wont be seeing another fight in D.C., thanks to Khan's river crying, and this ringside mess.
Seek
Peterson has nowhere to go, he doesn't wanna lose his gift of a belt to Khan or Bradley, the true best at 140. happy.gif
mgrover
crazy suggestion, but move up to 147 and fight ortiz.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 19 2012, 09:28 AM) *
Peterson has nowhere to go, he doesn't wanna lose his gift of a belt to Khan or Bradley, the true best at 140. happy.gif

I believe he's just looking for bigger and better fights. He got past Khan (controversially), so I dont blame him for trying to land some bigger fights as champion and get paid. Didn't Khan do the same thing against Maidana when he "got past" him?

Hell Cortez helped him out to be honest, not so much as taking that point away from Maidana, but just being his overzealous, intrusive, attention-seeking self. Khan hasn't looked back on Maidana since then, even though he's "told" the public that he would give Maidana a rematch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 19 2012, 09:40 AM) *
crazy suggestion, but move the fuck on Khan.

There you go, I fixed it for you!
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2012, 09:43 AM) *
I believe he's just looking for bigger and better fights. He got past Khan (controversially), so I dont blame him for trying to land some bigger fights as champion and get paid. Didn't Khan do the same thing against Maidana when he "got past" him?

Hell Cortez helped him out to be honest, not so much as taking that point away from Maidana, but just being his overzealous, intrusive, attention-seeking self. Khan hasn't looked back on Maidana since then, even though he's "told" the public that he would give Maidana a rematch.

Khan didn't need the help of the referee and judges to win a fight. He didn't walk away with his belt because of point deductions. He put rounds in the bank and whethered a late rally from Maidana. He won it fair and square. Maidana had his shot, came up short, no reason for a rematch

Khan was THE champion, gave Lamont a great opportunity and would have been victorious had it not been for the referee deducting points. You call that a good win Lamont? You call that being a champion? Run from the best while you can Monty. Do what's "best for your career," by avoiding the real champs at 140.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 19 2012, 09:59 AM) *
Khan didn't need the help of the referee and judges to win a fight. He didn't walk away with his belt because of point deductions. He put rounds in the bank and whethered a late rally from Maidana. He won it fair and square. Maidana had his shot, came up short, no reason for a rematch

Khan was THE champion, gave Lamont a great opportunity and would have been victorious had it not been for the referee deducting points. You call that a good win Lamont? You call that being a champion? Run from the best while you can Monty. Do what's "best for your career," by avoiding the real champs at 140.

I dont honestly believe that there's a reason for a Maidana rematch either, but Im sure he would've asked for one if he didn't make it out of the 10th round. After that fight, Khan got credit, but in the same breath, he almost lost a fight that he had control of. The same way Ortiz did against Berto, he had his way with him then in the 6th round, BOOM!...he was a couple of punches away from it getting stopped.

The Maidana fight only proved that Khan has a hard time with competitive guys after the first half of the fight...he dropped the guy with a body shot in the first round, couldn't finish him off, then he almost blew it in the 10th round...fair and square, but very shaky.

As far as the Peterson fight, again, Khan had his "moments" in during the first half of the fight, including the uncalled "knockdown", then the second worthless "knockdown" in which he used his elbow to finish it. Then what happened? He started getting his ass kicked during the last half of the fight. If we want to talk about running, then ask why Daffy Duck Khan ran for his life after he ran out of stuff to do against Lamont, not to mention how ugly his footwork was from round 2, til the end.

The cards should not have been that close, but the "real champ" went into a challenger's backyard with no rematch clause, and his mind made up that it was going to be an easy fight. If he was a "real champ", then that fight shouldn't have come down to 1 point, and he shouldn't have allowed himself to be hit, just because Lamont's punches didn't hurt (or so Khan says). I would assume that Khan did what was best for his career by not fighting Prescott again, huh?
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2012, 10:15 AM) *
I dont honestly believe that there's a reason for a Maidana rematch either, but Im sure he would've asked for one if he didn't make it out of the 10th round. After that fight, Khan got credit, but in the same breath, he almost lost a fight that he had control of. The same way Ortiz did against Berto, he had his way with him then in the 6th round, BOOM!...he was a couple of punches away from it getting stopped.

The Maidana fight only proved that Khan has a hard time with competitive guys after the first half of the fight...he dropped the guy with a body shot in the first round, couldn't finish him off, then he almost blew it in the 10th round...fair and square, but very shaky.

As far as the Peterson fight, again, Khan had his "moments" in during the first half of the fight, including the uncalled "knockdown", then the second worthless "knockdown" in which he used his elbow to finish it. Then what happened? He started getting his ass kicked during the last half of the fight. If we want to talk about running, then ask why Daffy Duck Khan ran for his life after he ran out of stuff to do against Lamont, not to mention how ugly his footwork was from round 2, til the end.

The cards should not have been that close, but the "real champ" went into a challenger's backyard with no rematch clause, and his mind made up that it was going to be an easy fight. If he was a "real champ", then that fight shouldn't have come down to 1 point, and he shouldn't have allowed himself to be hit, just because Lamont's punches didn't hurt (or so Khan says). I would assume that Khan did what was best for his career by not fighting Prescott again, huh?

Lamont did his best work in the early to mid rounds. I was pumped because if you recall, I picked him to win. Shortly after the 5th or 6th round, he did not look great. I'll admit he maybe had 1 or 2 good rounds in the 2nd half, but that's it. Most rounds he was hardly throwing a punch at times, walking in a straight line flat-footed while Khan peppered him and using the ring effectively, putting rounds in the bank. All Lamont did was lean on Khan and shove his head in his chest while Khan had a conversation with the referee. I recall Khan even managed to look at Peterson, look over to the ref to say something, then look back at Peterson and pop him in the face lol. Peterson did not look good. Rounds 3 and 4 and maybe one more round I was feelin it but overall not impressed. I don't see how Lamont can watch the tape and be like yeah im a real champion, I don't need to give him a rematch. It just makes me lose some respect for the guy.

And about Prescott. Why do you have give a rematch to a guy you LOST to? That makes 0 sense to me. Maybe people are asking for it because Khan fights real fighters and has more potential, while Prescott does crap with his career. Prescott just looks silly begging a guy he knocked out for a rematch because he has been more successful than you.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 19 2012, 10:40 AM) *
Lamont did his best work in the early to mid rounds. I was pumped because if you recall, I picked him to win. Shortly after the 5th or 6th round, he did not look great. I'll admit he maybe had 1 or 2 good rounds in the 2nd half, but that's it. Most rounds he was hardly throwing a punch at times, walking in a straight line flat-footed while Khan peppered him and using the ring effectively, putting rounds in the bank. All Lamont did was lean on Khan and shove his head in his chest while Khan had a conversation with the referee. I recall Khan even managed to look at Peterson, look over to the ref to say something, then look back at Peterson and pop him in the face lol. Peterson did not look good. Rounds 3 and 4 and maybe one more round I was feelin it but overall not impressed. I don't see how Lamont can watch the tape and be like yeah im a real champion, I don't need to give him a rematch. It just makes me lose some respect for the guy.

And about Prescott. Why do you have to give a guy you LOST to a rematch? That makes 0 sense to me. Maybe people are asking for it because Khan fights real fighters and has more potential, while Prescott does crap with his career. Prescott just looks silly begging a guy he knocked out for a rematch because he has been more successful than you.

Okay, so are you smoking liquid crack or are smoking it through a peace pipe? What fight were you watching?
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Okay, so are you smoking liquid crack or are smoking it through a peace pipe? What fight were you watching?

Sorry I don't smoke crack like your grandmother. Also I don't drink myself to sleep like you and your daddy do. Keep it real bro.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 19 2012, 10:53 AM) *
Sorry I don't smoke crack like your grandmother. Also I don't drink myself to sleep like you and your daddy do. Keep it real bro.

I dont know my grandma's past like that, so you may be onto something laugh.gif As far as me drinking myself to sleep, it's hard not to, when I hear a guy ranting about how a Mayweather/Guerrero fight doing a million buys, and how Khan was up by so many rounds against Peterson. Surely you couldn't have truly counted that knockdown by Khan.

Hell, I need a drink right now, but Im more concerned about maintaining employment. With your baseless logic and mindless projections of PPVs with the help (or lack there of) of an unknown fighter, leaves me baffled. Wow, Im just gonna take a wild guess and say that your mom got caught up in the crack game before conceiving you.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2012, 11:11 AM) *
I dont know my grandma's past like that, so you may be onto something laugh.gif As far as me drinking myself to sleep, it's hard not to, when I hear a guy ranting about how a Mayweather/Guerrero fight doing a million buys, and how Khan was up by so many rounds against Peterson. Surely you couldn't have truly counted that knockdown by Khan.

Hell, I need a drink right now, but Im more concerned about maintaining employment. With your baseless logic and mindless projections of PPVs with the help (or lack there of) of an unknown fighter, leaves me baffled. Wow, Im just gonna take a wild guess and say that your mom got caught up in the crack game before conceiving you.

What's funny is if Mayweather Guerrero or Mayweather Martinez pops off, you'll still bitch out from a harmless sig bet. Goes to show how much you actualy believe yourbullshit lol. At least we are on an agreement to keep my nuts out of your mouth Shelly. Good deal lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 19 2012, 12:12 PM) *
What's funny is if Mayweather Guerrero or Mayweather Martinez pops off, you'll still bitch out from a harmless sig bet. Goes to show how much you actualy believe yourbullshit lol. At least we are on an agreement to keep my nuts out of your mouth Shelly. Good deal lol

If either fight pops off, who cares about a sig bet. Guerrero will get his ass kicked from here to west bubbafuck, and Sergio "the man of no landed fights" Martinez will win a few rounds, I believe. Fighting a small, accurate, defensive-minded fighter will prove frustrating, and Sergio's not so technical himself...so?

Get your nuts out of my mouth? If that delusionally-based, pea-sized brain of yours could even compute those grubby hands of yours please you, then thats a victory in itself. Cut the homo stuff, why dont you. Stick to the topic, and realize that Khan screwed himself by putting up a shitty fight.

Had he won as many rounds as you aimlessly alluded to, then the ref, and the hatman's antics wouldn't have made a difference in the fight anyway. Do me a favor, and find that article that showed the Khan/Peterson scorecard with the error, to refresh my memory, since this horseshit that you're vomitting isn't doing you any good...just further justifying the fact there's no brain in that pez dispenser that you call a head.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2012, 12:27 PM) *
If either fight pops off, who cares about a sig bet. Guerrero will get his ass kicked from here to west bubbafuck, and Sergio "the man of no landed fights" Martinez will win a few rounds, I believe. Fighting a small, accurate, defensive-minded fighter will prove frustrating, and Sergio's not so technical himself...so?

Get your nuts out of my mouth? If that delusionally-based, pea-sized brain of yours could even compute those grubby hands of yours please you, then thats a victory in itself. Cut the homo stuff, why dont you. Stick to the topic, and realize that Khan screwed himself by putting up a shitty fight.

Had he won as many rounds as you aimlessly alluded to, then the ref, and the hatman's antics wouldn't have made a difference in the fight anyway. Do me a favor, and find that article that showed the Khan/Peterson scorecard with the error, to refresh my memory, since this horseshit that you're vomitting isn't doing you any good...just further justifying the fact there's no brain in that pez dispenser that you call a head.

I agree Guerrero doesn't stand a chance. But if you wanna stick to your guns and say he can't draw a mil buys, then i'll take you up on that. Same with Martinez. Fact is you're baseless logic doesn't mean shit when it comes to who will buy a fight. And you can't own up to your words when you make a prediction. Hence you squirming like a beyatch after I offer you any kind of bet.

Peterson had 2 rounds locked in first half, same with the second. The rest was all Khan. Even with the point deductions he did enough to win the fight round for round if you score it. The 10-10 with the point deduction round the judge mistaking entered could have been correct if he believed Khan won the round. More accurately it should have been 9-9. Fight would have been a draw. So clearly Peterson couldn't win without the help of hometown judges, ref and tampering of the cards. Hardly a clear victory
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 19 2012, 12:39 PM) *
I agree Guerrero doesn't stand a chance. But if you wanna stick to your guns and say he can't draw a mil buys, then i'll take you up on that. Same with Martinez. Fact is you're baseless logic doesn't mean shit when it comes to who will buy a fight. And you can't own up to your words when you make a prediction. Hence you squirming like a beyatch after I offer you any kind of bet.

Peterson had 2 rounds locked in first half, same with the second. The rest was all Khan. Even with the point deductions he did enough to win the fight round for round if you score it. The 10-10 with the point deduction round the judge mistaking entered could have been correct if he believed Khan won the round. More accurately it should have been 9-9. Fight would have been a draw. So clearly Peterson couldn't win without the help of hometown judges, ref and tampering of the cards. Hardly a clear victory

Trust me, Im sticking to my guns about those numbers bro...Mayweather/Marquez did 1M on the head, and how many Mexican fans does Marquez have? How many fans does Guerrero have? How many fans outside of AC and Cali (possibly) does Sergio have?...he (Sergio) may be able to slightly help pull in 1M buys, mostly due to Floyd's present popularity.

Im still trying to see how it was "all Khan" for 10 rounds, when he ran half of the time, kept pushing Lamont off, throwing pitty pat punches, and complaining. If he fought like a "champion", then none of this would've effected him, and the fight sure as hell wouldn't have been this close.

I agree that it wasn't the clearest victory in the world because it was so close, but excusing Khan's shitty performance and solely leaving the blame on the atmosphere, is unfair. Like I said, had Khan fought like a real champ, then none of the factors would have mattered.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2012, 12:55 PM) *
Trust me, Im sticking to my guns about those numbers bro...Mayweather/Marquez did 1M on the head, and how many Mexican fans does Marquez have? How many fans does Guerrero have? How many fans outside of AC and Cali (possibly) does Sergio have?...he (Sergio) may be able to slightly help pull in 1M buys, mostly due to Floyd's present popularity.

Im still trying to see how it was "all Khan" for 10 rounds, when he ran half of the time, kept pushing Lamont off, throwing pitty pat punches, and complaining. If he fought like a "champion", then none of this would've effected him, and the fight sure as hell wouldn't have been this close.

I agree that it wasn't the clearest victory in the world because it was so close, but excusing Khan's shitty performance and solely leaving the blame on the atmosphere, is unfair. Like I said, had Khan fought like a real champ, then none of the factors would have mattered.

All Khan needs is 7 rounds and including the official knockdown and with the 2 point deductions still has him winnng. You telling me Khan didnt win 7 rounds? That's hard for me to believe.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jan 19 2012, 02:43 AM) *
now if the "hatman" had not correctly spotted the mistake on the scoreard which was a 10-10 changed to the correct 10-8 in favor of peterson.

Khan would have won the fight.

would khan and his team give a rematch to peterson if the mistake was pointed out after the fight??

NO NO NO...not a chance in hell , you know it , i know it and GBP know it.

I didn't know those details about the scores, good point. Peterson won more rounds and will do the same in the rematch unless Khan and his guru, Freddie Roach, show better boxing IQ. Peterson and his team had a great strategy and I don't see why they won't have as good a plan the second time around, plus Lamont Peterson can execute that plan (whatever it ends up being). Either way if the rematch does happen, it'll definitely be worth watching.
mgrover
am going to have to watch that fight for a third time but am pretty damn sure khan won, they saw peterson landed the more effective punches and thats probably true but when you look at his face and bruising, and khans face and the difference shows. maybe its the pacman effect in a lot of punches do a lot of damage.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 19 2012, 04:00 PM) *
when you look at his face and bruising, and khans face and the difference shows.

I would only hope that you wouldn't use that as a credible reason to pick the winner, please tell me that aint the case! In all fairness, Peterson had a swollen eye, and Khan fought a shitty fight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 19 2012, 04:00 PM) *
am going to have to watch that fight for a third time but am pretty damn sure khan won, they saw peterson landed the more effective punches and thats probably true but when you look at his face and bruising, and khans face and the difference shows. maybe its the pacman effect in a lot of punches do a lot of damage.

As you know, some people bruise easier than others and don't forget that Peterson was very effectively going to the body.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2012, 10:28 PM) *
I would only hope that you wouldn't use that as a credible reason to pick the winner, please tell me that aint the case! In all fairness, Peterson had a swollen eye, and Khan fought a shitty fight.

am not basing the fight on that no, i just think khan won it, even with the deductions i think khan won it, and no am not biased, hell I didn't like the prick with his arrogance and I still think it's his fault for losing that fight, I blame him for thinking ahead to the mayweather fight, I blame him for back peddling when there was no real need, and I partially blame him (and the ref) for those point deductions. You don't bench press a guy across the fucking ring. And if he gets the rematch he better straighten the fuck up or the same thing will happen again down the line, like against Prescott, he got too cocky, he got too careless with his hands down.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 19 2012, 07:41 PM) *
am not basing the fight on that no, i just think khan won it, even with the deductions i think khan won it, and no am not biased, hell I didn't like the prick with his arrogance and I still think it's his fault for losing that fight, I blame him for thinking ahead to the mayweather fight, I blame him for back peddling when there was no real need, and I partially blame him (and the ref) for those point deductions. You don't bench press a guy across the fucking ring. And if he gets the rematch he better straighten the fuck up or the same thing will happen again down the line, like against Prescott, he got too cocky, he got too careless with his hands down.

Nah, you're good, I never thought you were being biased to begin with. As Cheesey just made a point, some fighters bruise, swell, and get cut, easier than others. Whether you like him or not, there's not much I can say about it. Hell, Khan actually started growing on me, but now he starting to annoy me again.
mgrover
I thought he's been a bit too big for his own boots. if he gets his head together, he'll win a rematch, if he keeps dicking around I think he'll get KO'd if Peterson went to the head more.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 19 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I thought he's been a bit too big for his own boots. if he gets his head together, he'll win a rematch, if he keeps dicking around I think he'll get KO'd if Peterson went to the head more.

laugh.gif

Well worded Grover!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.