Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lara vs. Sergio
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
This would be an interesting match. I would probably say Lara would win in a close fight. This could be Sergio's next match. I do not see Sergio killing himself trying to make 150.
Plah
Sergio
mitukczuk
I dont think Lara should be relevant just because he had a good showing against PWilly. And don't get me wrong. I loved that fight and Lara is talented, but he needs more fights under his belts imo.
Franchize
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 20 2012, 06:41 AM) *
I dont think Lara should be relevant just because he had a good showing against PWilly. And don't get me wrong. I loved that fight and Lara is talented, but he needs more fights under his belts imo.

Yea I can't even honestly say I got a good gauge of what Lara can do against quality competition because he only had to throw one punch all night long. It was like watching my cousins play Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat where my cousin would get you in the corner and floor sweep repeatedly until you lost. In the hood we called it cheesin lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 20 2012, 09:26 AM) *
It was like watching my cousins play Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat where my cousin would get you in the corner and floor sweep repeatedly until you lost. In the hood we called it cheesin lol

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dammit man! I remember that corner and sweep move! That shit used to piss me off! Lara does throw the same punch all night long, but the fact that he's always moving, may give Sergio a nice dose of frustration.

Lara fights like an experienced fighter, maybe because of the shitload of amateur fights he had...but he still needs to improve his arsenal a bit. Is he ready for Sergio? Maybe, but in the same breath, Sergio isn't the most technical fighter in the world, but his accuracy embellishes the pop in his punches. I dont believe he punches as hard as people give him credit for.
Cheesey1
Good match up. I like Erislandy Lara, but I'd give the advantage to Martinez. I saw Lara once on FNF (if I'm not mistaken) and while that performance was underwhelming, he showed enough when combined with his performance against P. Will, that I think that it would be close and if Sergio plays that "hands down" stuff too much, Lara could take advantage.
Cshel86
Does anyone think that one of those wild but somewhat accurate hooks by Lara would have Sergio in trouble?
checkleft
I could see him putting sergio down but nothing serious. Sergio is off balance at times but Martinez has real.trouble with a good straight. Also a decent jab knocks him off his flow sometimes like in the Pavlic and dzinzirnik (probably massacred his name) fight. But I think sergio would win he has accurate fast strong punches and it would eventually take its toll. Late stoppage maybe decision
daprofessor
styles make fights...the pressure of carlos molina seemed a bit much for lara. he should have lost that one. he did well against williams. he should have won that one. against martinez, there will be no pressure. it'll be a boxing match. boxing is what the cubans do well. i'd favor lara. it would be very interesting.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 20 2012, 06:41 AM) *

i would much rather see Sergio against Lara, then... Who is Sergio fighting next?? Who was his last fight against?? If he cat get Chavez, Lara is a viable opponent who will give him trouble. All that crap about Lara not being relevant is silly. If not him, who that is willing to fight?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.