Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@ 11PM(ET)/8PM (PT) Rigondeaux vs. Ramos -
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Cheesey1
Guillermo Rigondeaux Vs. Rico Ramos.

Even though I'm not a massive fan of the lower weight classes, boxers like Guillermo Rigondeaux deserve all of the accolades that they get (IMO). This match up will be v. interesting.

I give Rigondeaux the advantage because he's extremely skilled, has the experience and knows how to seal the deal. GR by UD.
Seek
Ramos was struggling a bit with that Shamoda guy. Shamoda was boxing him real good and shutting Ramos out. I think he just got a little too over-confident and slipped up. I've watch a few fights of Guillermo and the dude has sick defense. They couldn't touch him. He's a little awkward sometimes with his punches. Mainly his uppercuts but he's got good power and he's very quick all around. I think he's going to give Ramos a lot of problems. I'll take Guillermo by UD
Cshel86
Thanks for opening this topic Cheesey! I guess I will pin it up later. Im actually looking forward to this one. Ramos is a good fighter, though he seemed a bit off in his last fight that I saw against that Asian guy. Its almost like he couldn't get anything going.

As far as Rigondeaux, I dont ever recall watching him fight, but in all honesty, Im pretty sure I've watched him fight by accident (maybe on FNF, a big fight undercard, etc). I was the same with Jorge Arce and Wilfredo Vasquez, but it had just dawned on me this week, that I actually saw them fight on the Pac/Mosley undercard...and I actually ordered the shit.

From what I've been hearing though, Rigondeaux is nothing to play with, so I'll chceck him out later and make a prediction for the fight tonight! Great match up!

Update: Nevermind, Jack just pinned it up laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 20 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Thanks for opening this topic Cheesey! I guess I will pin it up later. Im actually looking forward to this one. Ramos is a good fighter, though he seemed a bit off in his last fight that I saw against that Asian guy. Its almost like he couldn't get anything going.

As far as Rigondeaux, I dont ever recall watching him fight, but in all honesty, Im pretty sure I've watched him fight by accident (maybe on FNF, a big fight undercard, etc). I was the same with Jorge Arce and Wilfredo Vasquez, but it had just dawned on me this week, that I actually saw them fight on the Pac/Mosley undercard...and I actually ordered the shit.

From what I've been hearing though, Rigondeaux is nothing to play with, so I'll chceck him out later and make a prediction for the fight tonight! Great match up!

Update: Nevermind, Jack just pinned it up laugh.gif

No problem. If I'd known that you guys were going to put it up I would've waited.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 20 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Ramos was struggling a bit with that Shamoda guy. Shamoda was boxing him real good and shutting Ramos out. I think he just got a little too over-confident and slipped up. I've watch a few fights of Guillermo and the dude has sick defense. They couldn't touch him. He's a little awkward sometimes with his punches. Mainly his uppercuts but he's got good power and he's very quick all around. I think he's going to give Ramos a lot of problems. I'll take Guillermo by UD

I didn't watch the whole Ramos/Shimoda bout and that's the only Ramos fight that I've seen, but what impressed me is how he snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Rigondeaux is yet another quality boxer from Cuba. Got to big up Cuban boxing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 20 2012, 01:12 PM) *
No problem. If I'd known that you guys were going to put it up I would've waited.

Nah you're good. The fight almost went under the radar for me, since I haven't heard too much about it. I saw an article on the front page, but once again, my A.D.D. was in full swing laugh.gif
Jack 1000
I will pin it up now,

It is a world championship and is enough to qualify as a pin-up type fight, (just barely.)

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Man, is Chuck Giampa drunk? He kept fucking his lines up, then he got mad and said "shit" laugh.gif Good way to start the card!
Cshel86
First round goes to Villanueva...I like Ruiz's movement, but he got hit a few times.

10 - 9
Cshel86
Ruiz is in trouble...Im sure he sees little birdies!
Cshel86
Down goes Ruiz...

2nd round goes to Villanueva...

20 - 17
Cshel86
Villanueva is throwing a million punches at a time, and Im sure some of them hurt...BUT, the motherfucker is coming head first with his hands down no2.gif Bad move, though he's still winning.
Cshel86
I almost want to give the 3rd round to Ruiz as a comparative round because he was Villanueva with some good overhand punches and he didn't get hurt this round. I still have to give it to Villa for the work rate.

30 - 26
Cshel86
Damn I wanted to give the 4th to Ruiz, but Villanueva kept it under control. It was a very close and competitive round. I like how Ruiz was jabbing to the body and turning Villa, and he even got some overhand shots in...problem is, he isn't turning his punches, so Villa is walking through them.

40 - 35
Cshel86
5th goes to Villa, though he didn't hurt Ruiz in that round. One thing that Im noticing, is that Ruiz has adjusted to the pressure and punch output of Villa.

50 - 44

Sidenote: Gotta love the commentary of Andre Ward! Cool, calm, and accurate.
Cshel86
6th goes to Villa again, obviously a shut out. Villa fights like a got damn kangaroo, and its obvious that his punches aren't hurting Ruiz as much anymore...its not too late.

60 - 53
Cshel86
Ruiz is hurt again...nevermind...

He's done! Damn! He fought his heart out though...

Villanueva by TKO in the 6th
Cshel86
Diaz won that first round...dude was rocking the hell outta Robb. THEN, Diaz caught him with a hook at the end of the round that wobbled Robb on his way back to the corner...I dont see the 2nd round lasting at all.

20 - 19
Cshel86
Diaz got dropped!!! Whoa!
Cshel86
Damn that was a nasty round! Shit! I want to give it to Robb because he dropped Diaz, but Diaz came back and got even a bit.

10 - 8 or possibly a 9 -9!
Cshel86
Robb gets hurt and takes a knee no2.gif
Cshel86
Wow, they counted that as a knockdown against Robb??? He is hurt though...

10 - 7 for Diaz (3rd round)
Cshel86
Damn, I gave the 4th to Robb

10 - 9

Diaz had his moments, but he took quite a few punches.
Cshel86
Close 5th round, and I gave it to Diaz for the cleaner punches, though he was hurt early in the round.

10 - 9 Diaz
Cshel86
That round could've gone either way...Diaz is landing some clean shots on the outside, but his inside game is bullshit...as Robb is getting the better of him on the inside.

I will leave this round in the air, but Robb has some heavy lifting to do after that 10 -7 round earlier.
Cshel86
Can we get somebody else in this thread, or is everybody still trippin' about Mayweather/Pacquiao??? dry.gif

By the way, the fight just got stopped...Diaz took it by TKO, a quick stoppage, but still a TKO victory.
Cshel86
Im still trying to figure out what type of reptile Ramos looks like...help me out here laugh.gif

Sidenote: Gotta love Tarver being at ringside!
Cshel86
Oh shit, Ramos is hurt!
Cshel86
Ramos looks shook and confused no2.gif
Cshel86
Second goes to Rigondeaux, though much action didn't take place.

20 - 18 Rigon aka the frontline shooter for Edi Amin laugh.gif
Cshel86
Ramos is starting to look comfortable and getting into the fight, though he isn't landing. I think he really has problems with being nervous before and during fights...

3rd goes to Rigon, though not much has happened.

30 - 27
Cshel86
4th goes to Rigon, still no action. Now Ramos is cut from a clash of heads no2.gif Ramos aint doin' shit...
Cshel86
5th goes to Rigon...this fight is a stinker. Ramos may need to go to the dressing room and take a shit, to knock off those last-minute jitters. Motherfucker is fighting like a 1st grader during recess, hell, even they throw more punches than Ramos.
Cshel86
Ramos is done...sorry bitch! What a pussy! I never wanna see this motherfucker fight again no2.gif TKO by way of a body shot by Rigon in the 6th round. Its clear that Ramos didn't come to fight, and he had no confidence whatsoever. What a pussy...
MaxPayne
That was fucked up. I'm trying to figure out whether or not this performance was more disgraceful than Zab Judah against Amir Khan.

Rigon beat him with one punch, that straight left hand, either to the head or to the body. Ramos like an idiot kept circling to his right. I mean, that was plain sad. I'd like to see Rigon against Donaire for sure.
Michigan Assassin
When I fight ended with that body shot I said thank fucking god. What a shit fight.

Ramos clearly blows but Rigondeaux wasn't exactly tearing that guy up in the middle rounds.

Neither guy was throwing shit and kept feinting one another. I had to keep reminding myself that these were a couple 122 lbers.

That said, GR clearly has a lot of skill but he needs to open up a little more especially when he is fighting someone who refuses to let his hands go.

Diaz fight was pretty fucking good though. Absolute bullshit stoppage in my opinion.
Seek
Quit job from Ramos. Guillermo is the real deal. He is extremely difficult to hit. He is so damn small tho but he has a good punch. To me he will give Donaire all he can handle but do i want to see it? Not really. There are other more interesting fights to me. I think u need a guy luke Arce to stop Rigon. Rough him up cause nobody is gonna outbox this dude
Cheesey1
Ironically, I missed this. I had a good reason, but sucks nonetheless.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 21 2012, 02:01 AM) *
I'm trying to figure out whether or not this performance was more disgraceful than Zab Judah against Amir Khan.

Trust me, this one was a no brainer. At least Judah tried, well as shitty as Ramos looked, it actually made it look like Zab gave it his best effort...that's how bad it was.

QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Jan 21 2012, 02:08 AM) *
When I fight ended with that body shot I said thank fucking god. What a shit fight.

Exactly! I've seen people get their asses kicked in street fights that I KNOW that should've won, but they afraid, so it mentally handicapped them big time! Ramos is a sorry fuckin' excuse for a fighter, I mean damn, dude has been in the ring before, and he was 20 pro fights in (before last nite), so Im wondering why hell he is always so damn nervous. Its obvious that he doubts his skills.

QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 21 2012, 02:22 AM) *
Quit job from Ramos.

Clear as day! He didn't even try to move, and he was comfortable with just laying there. Im was like, "dude, your fuckin' title is on the line!" He was ready to pack it up anyway. When I saw him get rocked in the first round and make it through the 2nd, I figured that would've helped him get the jitters off...some guys are just weird like that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 20 2012, 11:09 PM) *
Man, is Chuck Giampa drunk? He kept fucking his lines up, then he got mad and said "shit" laugh.gif Good way to start the card!

that was some funny ass shit!!! i was watching a live stream in the uk...so i wasn't sure if his slip up was televised in the u.s.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 21 2012, 02:22 AM) *
Quit job from Ramos. Guillermo is the real deal. He is extremely difficult to hit. He is so damn small tho but he has a good punch. To me he will give Donaire all he can handle but do i want to see it? Not really. There are other more interesting fights to me. I think u need a guy luke Arce to stop Rigon. Rough him up cause nobody is gonna outbox this dude

ramos and rigondeaux sparred before at the wildcard. from what i am told...ramos held his own...but not much happened. that's what happens with two counterpunchers. rigondeaux beats donaire and decapitates arce.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 24 2012, 09:41 PM) *
that was some funny ass shit!!! i was watching a live stream in the uk...so i wasn't sure if his slip up was televised in the u.s.

Hell yeah it was! Too funny! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Hell yeah it was! Too funny! laugh.gif

i already like that dude better than harold lederman's predictable ass. laugh.gif

he looks/sounds like a character from the sopranos.
Seek
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 24 2012, 10:46 PM) *
ramos and rigondeaux sparred before at the wildcard. from what i am told...ramos held his own...but not much happened. that's what happens with two counterpunchers. rigondeaux beats donaire and decapitates arce.

He could beat Doniare. Not sure if he could win a decision or get a knock out either vs someone like Donaire but it be a close fight. He probably beats Arce too but i'd love to see it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 25 2012, 11:42 AM) *
He could beat Doniare. Not sure if he could win a decision or get a knock out either vs someone like Donaire but it be a close fight. He probably beats Arce too but i'd love to see it.

they(his team) have high ambitions for rigondeaux...but i get the feeling arum won't do much with him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.