Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Megafight Poll (updated)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Okay, we all know what I mean by "Megafight", so there was no need to put the names in the title. As of the past 2 years, some have changed their predictions, while others have remained constant. Of course boxing is about skill first, then everything else follows, with that said, my answer is obvious.

However, I do have my reservations about certain things that Pacquiao does, that could possibly change the pace and/or results of the fight...or it could win him some rounds. As I stated earlier, people's predictions have changed due to the recent performances of both fighters since this fight was even talked up.

Please, and I repeat, please...this thread is ONLY for voting, explaining, and debating about their ring performances/advantages/disadvantages/training/whatever. Please keep all of that negotiating shit in the designated thread, and please be sure that it makes sense too laugh.gif Again, let's please not hammer this negotiations thing, more than it's already been beat to death and resurrected.

*One more question, and I want everybody's answer on this (I wanna see how many FH Cheapos we have here laugh.gif)...if this PPV exceeded $100, let's say $120...would you still order it? Yay? Nay?
mgrover
pacman by 10th round tko just watch
riddick
Floyd UD 60/40
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 20 2012, 08:02 PM) *
pacman by 10th round tko just watch

Well I cant disagree with you on this. Im glad there's some Pacquiao voters here, I would hate to hear all Mayweather votes laugh.gif I will throw my Pacquiao twist to this soon, but other than that...

5 votes (excluding mine) and 2 responses (excluding mine)?! Say it aint so!!!
MaxPayne
I'd buy it even if it was north of $100. Once in a lifetime type boxing event.
Cshel86
I'd give this to Floyd by UD of course, and depending upon how wreckless Manny gets, it could end in a TKO. Floyd has the straight right hand, which poses as a nightmare for a conventional fighter or a southpaw. Its not one of those punches that knocks you out, but it God forbid if you're in the middle of mounting an offense of your own and end up getting hit with it. It simply interrupts a fighter and forces them to reset.

Of course we know he has a great jab, foot movement (when he's moving), head movement, a reach advantage, and an accurate left hook. He's not a come forward type guy, so Manny will have to catch him at angles (which he is great at doing). There's no need for to go into his defense, that's a given. The only problem that he will have is adjusting without getting caught with anything.

Manny on the other hand, has the straight left (which is a deadly weapon because he uses it to hurt a guy), and his right hook has evolved a bit (which is a plus). I cant speak for his jab, because he usually gets out of position when he throws it, usually. As far as his defense, I haven't seen much that's truly noteworthy...but I would say that his offense IS his defense.

Manny does have a couple of weapons that he can use to change the pace/results of the fight. If dont remember these punches, then please look them up when you have time. Pac has a sort of overhand right & left hand that he throws, and gets out of the way quick. He used it against Marquez in the 2nd fight and he ran right into (I believe in the 9th or 10th round). He also used this same punch frequently in the 2nd Morales fight and definitely in the Hatton fight.

We all know that Floyd doesn't just stand there and get hit, but if this punch lands during an exchange, then we may see something different. As far as I see it, Floyd has more weapons in his arsenal, but Pac has few weapons that make a big impact.
mgrover
i only said what i said to stirr up the hornets nest, i think it will be a 116-113 type affair to floyd. i doubt floyd ll attempt an offense against pac, hes going to either potshot his way or counter, but he aint risking attacking a guy who will most likely attack the second your in range whos as fast as him maybe faster
checkleft
Picked mayweather by ud. We already saw what great timing will do to manny, better timing will make almost a sparring session if mayweather has time to make his adjustments, with a few exciting spurts here and there
un01
i think mayweather will win by close UD. it will be a really interesting fight. mayweather is more evasive then marquez and is not gonna counter as much when manny trys to come in. floyd likes to pop shot more then anything, but if manny pressures him all night and doesnt stand around he can avoid those pop shots, but the most interesting part to me is floyd's sudden willingness to stay in the middle of the ring.
Hops
The only people who are gonna time Pacquiao are those with tough chins. Timing alone isnt enough. Floyd will do a RJJ vs Tarver here.
Plah
Floyd 117-111. Right now, I only want this fight to happen just because I don't want to hear about it anymore (though im pretty sure if Floyd wins people will say he's scared to give Pac a rematch). As I see it, Pac only has a puncher's chance.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 20 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Okay, we all know what I mean by "Megafight", so there was no need to put the names in the title. As of the past 2 years, some have changed their predictions, while others have remained constant. Of course boxing is about skill first, then everything else follows, with that said, my answer is obvious.

However, I do have my reservations about certain things that Pacquiao does, that could possibly change the pace and/or results of the fight...or it could win him some rounds. As I stated earlier, people's predictions have changed due to the recent performances of both fighters since this fight was even talked up.

Please, and I repeat, please...this thread is ONLY for voting, explaining, and debating about their ring performances/advantages/disadvantages/training/whatever. Please keep all of that negotiating shit in the designated thread, and please be sure that it makes sense too laugh.gif Again, let's please not hammer this negotiations thing, more than it's already been beat to death and resurrected.

*One more question, and I want [b]everybody's answer on this (I wanna see how many FH Cheapos we have here laugh.gif)...if this PPV exceeded $100, let's say $120...would you still order it? Yay? Nay?[/b]

Heck no! I mean heck no! It is not being cheap. I am not paying 110 bucks a fight. The highest I will go is 70 bucks. Gas is about to hit $5 dollars in the coming months so heck no!

Key to Victory for Pac: He is a volum puncher. He does not tire, his last performance was lack luster but I think Mayweather would bring back the Pac of 2009. Aggressive confident and strong. If he applies constant pressure gto Mayweather that could win him some rounds. Victor Ortiz had a game plan to apply pressure but failed to apply. He got frustrated and gave up. I think Pac is more mentally sound and could keep up the pressure. Pac has punching power so maybe he could find an opening and clock Mayweather. Pacquiao has to walk Mayweather down and let his hands go. He needs to cut the ring off and hit Mayweather with body punches. I think going to the body is the way to hurt Mayweather. If Pac does this then I would say split decision or if there is an opening to go for the TKO then I would say round 11.

Keys to Victory For Mayweather: Hand speed, defensive skills will open up the offensive game. Make Pacquiao think about every single punch. Make him second guess himself. Control the rhythem of the fight. Break him down round by round. As Pac weakens apply pressure. Pac bruises easy so pick a spot and make him One Eye Willy. If Mayweather fights like he did against Mosely and Ortiz I like this fight in a stoppage in the 10th round. Overall I pick Mayweather to win a aggressive fight. I see this fight being similar to the Hatton or Judah fight. Either or.
gbh32001
Close round and controversial..Manny throwing 80 punches per round landing only 16 while Floyd throws 15 punches per round all of them landed....114-113 split decision to which judge give the favor. :gladfvck:Bytheway, this fight won't happen atleast until they are 40's
leonthegee
This fight isnt even close. I dont think Manny Pacquiao has the mental toughness to hang with Floyd. Especially when his game plan fails him during the fight. I can easily see this as a 10 rounds to 2 landslide UD or a 10th round KO. How is Manny going to get passed Floyds jab? Floyd has a 5 1/2 in reach advantage and the jab to go with that. Floyds bigger, faster, stronger, smarter, and an all around better fighter.

I see Manny having that frustrated look on his face (Marquez wouldnt even look at s trainer) by the fourth round. And I see Manny quiting by the 10th. If not a UD. Floyd would have to have the absolute worst gameplan on earth for it to even be close. This is a mismatch to the 10th power.
xxxxxx
Mayweather wins a close decison because he's gonna be coming out of jail before this fight. If they fought in May I would say he wins more convincingly. I think theres gonna be a demand for a rematch so don't be surprised to see that at some time and maybe some questionable scorcards.
mgrover
manny quitting? haha lads he aint no ortiz. maybe the guy gets frustrated, but I doubt Floyd will ever KO him, stop him, or even make him quit, since am pretty damn sure Mannys taken harder punches from bigger guys, and he kept coming, and kept coming strong, thats a wet dream if any thinks that Floyd will stop him.

also look at the first morales fight when morales decided to trade with pacman, it wasn't pretty. floyd will come out strong, get hit, and pot shot his way to victory, and even more booing
leonthegee
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2012, 08:33 AM) *
manny quitting? haha lads he aint no ortiz. maybe the guy gets frustrated, but I doubt Floyd will ever KO him, stop him, or even make him quit, since am pretty damn sure Mannys taken harder punches from bigger guys, and he kept coming, and kept coming strong, thats a wet dream if any thinks that Floyd will stop him.

also look at the first morales fight when morales decided to trade with pacman, it wasn't pretty. floyd will come out strong, get hit, and pot shot his way to victory, and even more booing

It has nothing to do with the physical part. He will quit do to frustration. Theres nothing more frustrating than missing your combonations while getting hit at the same time. Mannys style is tailor made for Floyd. Just look at every counterpuncher Manny has fought and look at every southpaw Floyd has fought. I just hope Manny comes in focused and on is A game so hopefully the public would want a rematch. But I doubt it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 21 2012, 09:25 AM) *
Heck no! I mean heck no! It is not being cheap. I am not paying 110 bucks a fight. The highest I will go is 70 bucks. Gas is about to hit $5 dollars in the coming months so heck no!

Wow, the biggest nuthugger in the world refuses to pay to watch their favorite fighter...the irony. Then you back it up with some bullshit excuse about gas prices going up, try again laugh.gif Hell, Mayweather/Ortiz was $70, so what makes you think the richest fight in boxing history wont exceed that? Word to the wise, when you decide to spew out garbage about real life situations (gas prices, economics, or anything that comes out of your mouth), a credible link should always follow it, immediately.

Education begins in 5, 4, 3, 2,...Look at it this way, whats wrong with paying for the biggest fight in history? Here are the options...

Travel to see the fight:
  1. Travel costs: Flight tickets (possibly), rental car (possibly)...whatever your choice
  2. Hotel room costs (Im sure the prices would be jacked up, just because)
  3. Food costs (depends on how long you're in town for the fight)
  4. Spending money (Im sure you would want have a good time)

Im sure this exceeds $100+

Going to a bar:
  1. Again, we're talking about the richest fight in history, so Im sure they'd try to get over on people and charge them at the door...especially if this fight is $100+
  2. You have to pay for food and drinks
  3. You have to deal with being around a bunch of annoying folks who dont know whats going on (noise, etc)

Ordering the fight at home:
  1. You get to watch it in the comfort of your own home with whoever you want there
  2. Food and drinks can be bought on you r budget and/or people can bring it
  3. If you have DVR, you can keep the fight (and watch it when controversial moments happen i.e. Mayweather/Ortiz ending)
  4. Everything is done at your disposal

The most economic and efficient way to spend your money.

The reason I didn't list, "going to someone's house to watch it", is because thats the easy way out of this...I wanted you to think. When you think, you post stuff like that, but when you dont think...well, it's still a lose/lose situ...well, you get my point.
mgrover
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 21 2012, 05:02 PM) *
It has nothing to do with the physical part. He will quit do to frustration. Theres nothing more frustrating than missing your combonations while getting hit at the same time. Mannys style is tailor made for Floyd. Just look at every counterpuncher Manny has fought and look at every southpaw Floyd has fought. I just hope Manny comes in focused and on is A game so hopefully the public would want a rematch. But I doubt it.

exactly, and which one of those counter punchers has made him quit? you can keep wishing he'll quit, it just won't happen. when has he shown that has hasn't been there mentally? sure he's gotten annoyed, and you can tell angry in the ring, but has quitting ever been put forward in the corner? I doubt it. like I said, he's not ortiz, with a nice little history of being a mental midget.
BrutalBodyShots
Cshel, thanks for throwing up the poll.

The results, although early are exactly what I thought they would be. 85% of those that answered the poll think Mayweather will win, and 55% don't think it will even be close (stoppage or wide decision). Only 10% think Pacquiao will win.

Those numbers, to me, don't suggest a "great" fight by any means.

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2012, 01:12 PM) *
Wow, the biggest nuthugger in the world refuses to pay to watch their favorite fighter...the irony. Then you back it up with some bullshit excuse about gas prices going up, try again laugh.gif Hell, Mayweather/Ortiz was $70, so what makes you think the richest fight in boxing history wont exceed that? Word to the wise, when you decide to spew out garbage about real life situations (gas prices, economics, or anything that comes out of your mouth), a credible link should always follow it, immediately.

Education begins in 5, 4, 3, 2,...Look at it this way, whats wrong with paying for the biggest fight in history? Here are the options...

Travel to see the fight:
  1. Travel costs: Flight tickets (possibly), rental car (possibly)...whatever your choice
  2. Hotel room costs (Im sure the prices would be jacked up, just because)
  3. Food costs (depends on how long you're in town for the fight)
  4. Spending money (Im sure you would want have a good time)

Im sure this exceeds $100+

Going to a bar:
  1. Again, we're talking about the richest fight in history, so Im sure they'd try to get over on people and charge them at the door...especially if this fight is $100+
  2. You have to pay for food and drinks
  3. You have to deal with being around a bunch of annoying folks who dont know whats going on (noise, etc)

Ordering the fight at home:
  1. You get to watch it in the comfort of your own home with whoever you want there
  2. Food and drinks can be bought on you r budget and/or people can bring it
  3. If you have DVR, you can keep the fight (and watch it when controversial moments happen i.e. Mayweather/Ortiz ending)
  4. Everything is done at your disposal

The most economic and efficient way to spend your money.

The reason I didn't list, "going to someone's house to watch it", is because thats the easy way out of this...I wanted you to think. When you think, you post stuff like that, but when you dont think...well, it's still a lose/lose situ...well, you get my point.

No one I know will pay for a boxing PPV. Plus I do not like going over other people's house to watch any sporting event and I do not have control over who shows up. The last time I did that, I had to hear this cat talk about Obama and why he isn't really black. That was it. I would rather watch it from the very comfort of my own home.

Gas prices are rising and I promise you it will be 4 dollars by May, I am not buying this figth if it is over 70 plain and simple. I can record it next week when it is for FREE and watch all the interesting moments. The thing about going to a bar, is just that I have to be a a bar. No thanks. And how is it that I am not thinking? I would not pay for it. You asked the question you may not agree with my answer but hey I would not pay for a fight over 70 bucks.
gbh32001
If the poll is credible, then this is a total mismatch...If Manny wins, can they call it an upset or they will say. I Told You So? by boxing standards, Floyd should win pretty easy but Manny is a freak of nature a boxer who fights out of the book. I thought Cotto was big enough for him, yet he chew that few solid upper cut like a juicy fruit gum. To say that Manny will quit, better watch his fight with Agapito and you can tell who the guy is. Since day 1 I know that Floyd will avoid Manny as evidence stated by floyd's father that he will never allow his son to fight a southpaw that as good as Pacquiao is and Floyd who have a lesser heart/confidence in him sow a seed of doubts to himself.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 21 2012, 02:31 PM) *
No one I know will pay for a boxing PPV. Plus I do not like going over other people's house to watch any sporting event and I do not have control over who shows up. The last time I did that, I had to hear this cat talk about Obama and why he isn't really black. That was it. I would rather watch it from the very comfort of my own home.

Gas prices are rising and I promise you it will be 4 dollars by May, I am not buying this figth if it is over 70 plain and simple. I can record it next week when it is for FREE and watch all the interesting moments. The thing about going to a bar, is just that I have to be a a bar. No thanks. And how is it that I am not thinking? I would not pay for it. You asked the question you may not agree with my answer but hey I would not pay for a fight over 70 bucks.

Again, you are either backtracking or chasing your own tail...I will leave that up to you to decide. First, you say that you wont order it if its over 70 bucks, then you said you would rather enjoy it at your own home (which led me to believe that took the traveling and bar stipulations into account), then you go back and say that you wouldn't order it if it was over 70 bucks.

Then you started talking about a guy talking about Obama and whether or not he's really back...who cares??? Who the hell cares about gas prices and what in the hell does it have to do with this fight? Let me help you with your own analogy (which you are clearly lost in), and let me also help you with your fear of rising gas prices (like that's something new). When gas prices rise...scale the fuck back on your lifestyle, simple. If coming up with $100 to watch the world's richest fight is "too hard" for you, then do yourself a solid...save some damn money.

Hell, it's not like the fight is happening next month. As long as it may take for this fight to happen, you would have saved up enough money to spend a WHOLE week in Vegas, comfortably. If I want to see Mayweather fight on May 5th (which is abut 4 months away), I would save around $15-20 bucks a month until then, it's not that damn hard. I see why they make those "dummie books"...for people like you who find it hard to get wet when jumping in water. Im sure that you also believe that there are 15 simple steps for making ice as well.

One thing I cant stand is a nuthugger, but you exceed that. You're also out of touch, cheap, and the most annoying thing in the freakin' world...you're one of the people that ALWAYS "cry broke" or complain about how much something costs no2.gif I have a name for this, but give me a little bit of time to come up with one though. It's clear that once again, you've dicked up another worthy topic, and the fight plans that you provided was yet again, a bunch regurgitated stuff from a little bit of everywhere. Being the fact that you've failed to provide something substantial to this thread, do yourself a favor and find the door...your posts give me a raging nosebleed and you cant seem to get out of a hole to save your life.
wolterb
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 20 2012, 10:00 PM) *
I'd buy it even if it was north of $100. Once in a lifetime type boxing event.

thats how i feel.

my vote was mayweather by ko. Why by KO? I think this fight is going to motivate mayweather and hes going to approach it like its his last fight...no better way to make a final statement than knocking out your arch-rival. That being said, if things dont go his way early, I don't think he'd hesitate to switch gears and go for the decision
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2012, 03:35 PM) *
Again, you are either backtracking or chasing your own tail...I will leave that up to you to decide. First, you say that you wont order it if its over 70 bucks, then you said you would rather enjoy it at your own home (which led me to believe that took the traveling and bar stipulations into account), then you go back and say that you wouldn't order it if it was over 70 bucks.

Then you started talking about a guy talking about Obama and whether or not he's really back...who cares??? Who the hell cares about gas prices and what in the hell does it have to do with this fight? Let me help you with your own analogy (which you are clearly lost in), and let me also help you with your fear of rising gas prices (like that's something new). When gas prices rise...scale the fuck back on your lifestyle, simple. If coming up with $100 to watch the world's richest fight is "too hard" for you, then do yourself a solid...save some damn money.

Hell, it's not like the fight is happening next month. As long as it may take for this fight to happen, you would have saved up enough money to spend a WHOLE week in Vegas, comfortably. If I want to see Mayweather fight on May 5th (which is abut 4 months away), I would save around $15-20 bucks a month until then, it's not that damn hard. I see why they make those "dummie books"...for people like you who find it hard to get wet when jumping in water. Im sure that you also believe that there are 15 simple steps for making ice as well.

One thing I cant stand is a nuthugger, but you exceed that. You're also out of touch, cheap, and the most annoying thing in the freakin' world...you're one of the people that ALWAYS "cry broke" or complain about how much something costs no2.gif I have a name for this, but give me a little bit of time to come up with one though. It's clear that once again, you've dicked up another worthy topic, and the fight plans that you provided was yet again, a bunch regurgitated stuff from a little bit of everywhere. Being the fact that you've failed to provide something substantial to this thread, do yourself a favor and find the door...your posts give me a raging nosebleed and you cant seem to get out of a hole to save your life.

I never back tracked I said I will not order a PPV over 70. I also said if were going to watch the fight it would be in the comfort of my own home not at someone else's house because I could not control who shows up. I stated the reason why I would not watch it over someone's house is because the last time I did watch a fight at someone's house one if teh people there kept talking about politics. So again, no I would not watch the fight if it is over 70 if I were to order it I would indeed watch it at my house. That is my only point. I am not crying broke, but I be damn if I spend over 70 bucks one a fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 21 2012, 07:18 PM) *
I never back tracked I said I will not order a PPV over 70. I also said if were going to watch the fight it would be in the comfort of my own home not at someone else's house because I could not control who shows up. I stated the reason why I would not watch it over someone's house is because the last time I did watch a fight at someone's house one if teh people there kept talking about politics. So again, no I would not watch the fight if it is over 70 if I were to order it I would indeed watch it at my house. That is my only point. I am not crying broke, but I be damn if I spend over 70 bucks one a fight.

Please go, before this thread turns to shit...you seem to have that effect on everything that you take part in...
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2012, 07:27 PM) *

Please go, before this thread turns to shit...you seem to have that effect on everything that you take part in...

Dude you are odd.
Run and Gun Game Calls
manny by 5th rd ko and the fights not gonna happen guys, because Floyd doesnt want it to happen. He isnt willing to bend at all. The fight has to be held in vegas where Floyd can get hand injections, When Cowboys stadium is a much bigger venue and would sell out. The drug tests have to be on floyds terms instaead of the standard drug tests 99% of boxers agree to before every fight. The fight has to be on the 5th because Floyd reserved that date and expects Manny to agree to any date floyd sets, and Floyd will not agee to a 50/50 split? Are you kidding me? Yes Bob Arum has plenty of blame, but floyd is under the illusion this fight is a one horse show, and until he comes off of that its not happening. Him calling manny out is all smoke and mirrors, wake up
BoxingStill#1
Cshel at his best... shit is truely entertaining to say the least...lmwao

BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jan 22 2012, 01:58 AM) *
manny by 5th rd ko and the fights not gonna happen guys, because Floyd doesnt want it to happen. He isnt willing to bend at all. The fight has to be held in vegas where Floyd can get hand injections, When Cowboys stadium is a much bigger venue and would sell out. The drug tests have to be on floyds terms instaead of the standard drug tests 99% of boxers agree to before every fight. The fight has to be on the 5th because Floyd reserved that date and expects Manny to agree to any date floyd sets, and Floyd will not agee to a 50/50 split? Are you kidding me? Yes Bob Arum has plenty of blame, but floyd is under the illusion this fight is a one horse show, and until he comes off of that its not happening. Him calling manny out is all smoke and mirrors, wake up

This guy......

How'd I know people were gonna run with the latest news?.

Manny has a punchers chance (a good one) and anyone who knows boxing knows this...

OAN the earlier debate about who would be willing to pay for the fight for whatever reason.. shit is bogus..
anyone who has any relevant knoledge of boxing will buy this fight NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE....shit the general public will buy it.. ALLMEN said no one he knows would pay that much?...well no one you know are boxing fans..
BigFightFan
I will make my prediction after the fight contracts are signed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 22 2012, 01:38 AM) *
Dude you are odd.

I meant what I said...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jan 22 2012, 01:58 AM) *
manny by 5th rd ko

This is all we needed to hear Run & Gun laugh.gif I appreciate your participation though...glad Im not just hearing Floyd, Floyd, Floyd...kinda evens things out a bit.

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 22 2012, 04:43 AM) *
OAN the earlier debate about who would be willing to pay for the fight for whatever reason.. shit is bogus..
anyone who has any relevant knoledge of boxing will buy this fight NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE....shit the general public will buy it.. ALLMEN said no one he knows would pay that much?...well no one you know are boxing fans..

It is bogus, and I regret I even posing the question to begin with. It was a no-brainer, but the person with no brain seemed to throw her two cents and throw everything off, as she always does. You said it right..."relevant" knowledge of the sport, but in her case, anyone who has "knowledge at all".

No one she knows are boxing fans, and Im starting to question her as well no2.gif Damn, even people who are strictly Mayweather or strictly Pacquiao fans would order this fight if it was north of $100, but hey, what do I know? I guess economy's just that damn bad that people cant even move a muscle and purchase anything...according to "somebody's" logic (or lack there of).

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 22 2012, 09:40 AM) *
I will make my prediction after the fight contracts are signed.

Great answer!
BoxingStill#1
Lls.. im just sayn,... id pay $200 bucks to watch this fight.. (throw a party charge some heads if u want)..

Id pay whatever the going rate is have front row seats...

This is just something I would do.. idk about the next fan, but this is just me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 23 2012, 05:20 AM) *
Lls.. im just sayn,... id pay $200 bucks to watch this fight.. (throw a party charge some heads if u want)..

Id pay whatever the going rate is have front row seats...

This is just something I would do.. idk about the next fan, but this is just me.

That's a good way of approaching it. Hell, Im not sure if I would pay $200 bucks on my own (would probably try to split the bill), but hey, it still beats the hell outta traveling, hotel rooms, etc. or going to the bar and be surrounded by some clueless fans.

Trust me, it only takes about 2 or 3 clueless people to throw a wrench in everything...and they seem to be the loudest ones in the bar for some odd reason.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2012, 11:23 AM) *
That's a good way of approaching it. Hell, Im not sure if I would pay $200 bucks on my own (would probably try to split the bill), but hey, it still beats the hell outta traveling, hotel rooms, etc. or going to the bar and be surrounded by some clueless fans.

Trust me, it only takes about 2 or 3 clueless people to throw a wrench in everything...and they seem to be the loudest ones in the bar for some odd reason.

Hell no I wouldn't pay $200 to see Mayweather Pacquiao. I wouldn't pay $100 either unless there was a co headliner. A real one too. Not Canelo or Chavez Jr. vs some contender. A bar would be no big deal but i'm sure I'd find somebodys house to watch it at.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 23 2012, 10:41 AM) *
Hell no I wouldn't pay $200 to see Mayweather Pacquiao. I wouldn't pay $100 either unless there was a co headliner. A real one too. Not Canelo or Chavez Jr. vs some contender. A bar would be no big deal but i'm sure I'd find somebodys house to watch it at.

Im sure they'd do the world a long-awaited favor by stacking that undercard...
checkleft
QUOTE (Hops @ Jan 21 2012, 04:17 AM) *
The only people who are gonna time Pacquiao are those with tough chins. Timing alone isnt enough. Floyd will do a RJJ vs Tarver here.

suggesting Floyd doesn't have a tough chin?.. I've seen Floyd take many shots and has yet to be down by a punch other than Judahs which wasn't counted. I think his chin is underrated. Probably because of the fact that when he gets tagged his natural reaction is to move or clinch.
BrutalBodyShots
Pacquiao doesn't have a "punchers chance" against Mayweather.

That implies one of two things. One, Pacquiao can take you out with 1 shot or two, Mayweather can be taken out with 1 shot.

With the exception of the Hatton KO (where Hatton was already dazed by several big shots that landed 10 seconds prior) Manny has not proven to have one punch power. Quite to the contrary, the guy lands HUNDREDS of punches on his opponents and more often than not DOESN'T stop them.

Mayweather has shown that he can be hurt by one single shot... like against Mosley or Corley, but he always recovers and then goes on to NOT get hit with anything of note for the remainder of the fight. Can Pacquiao hurt Mayweather with a single shot? Sure... but the chances of him knocking him out and showing that "punchers chance" are slim to none.
checkleft
The thing about the hatton fight that people don't understand is that the guy has no head movement. Manny was allowed to load up on his punches, same with marg and cotto. With a guy like mayweather he won't be able to sit on shit, he will get frustrated and try to land something desperately as in the marquez fight throwing himself off balance. His punches will have snap but no real power
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 24 2012, 01:23 AM) *
The thing about the hatton fight that people don't understand is that the guy has no head movement. Manny was allowed to load up on his punches, same with marg and cotto. With a guy like mayweather he won't be able to sit on shit, he will get frustrated and try to land something desperately as in the marquez fight throwing himself off balance. His punches will have snap but no real power

Spot on. Brutal pretty much put it out there about the accumulation of punches that Hatton took before the big shot came. You're right too, Hatton didn't use ANY head movement, and failed to utilize the game plan that was given to him. As far as his "footwork" that was oh so excellent (according to Lampley), he wont be able to sit down on most of his punches (as you stated).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.