Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Premiere:NBC Sports Network (Formerly Verses) FIGHTNIGHT
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all comments about this premier card. Let's hope it's decent for the first show!

Jack
Jack 1000
Program guide shows a football game preceding the boxing card, running for 3 hours. As sports tend to run overtime, it might be a good idea, if you are recording this card to add an hour or so to the 2 hour fight card duration time.

Jack
Cshel86
Maurice Byarm looks like Riddick Bowe (from the side) laugh.gif
Cshel86
Round 1 goes to Rosado...nasty uppercuts, body shots, and right hands. Karass had no business standing there taking those punches, and his body shots have been drifting low the whole round.

10 - 9 Rosado
Cshel86
Round 2 goes to Rosado again, he outworked Karass, and he still looks sharp. Im starting to think that Karass doesn't know what to do.

20 - 18 Rosado
Cshel86
Man, Karass is a sucker for these damn uppercuts no2.gif Rosado's power is poo-poo though. I had Karass winning the round off of those body shots that they were trading, but he started to slow down a bit and Rosado picked up the pace.

30 - 27 Rosado
Cshel86
Karass is getting his ass kicked, and guess who the ref is...yep, you got it, Mr. Smoger laugh.gif
Cshel86
Damn Smoger let Karass get his ass kicked for 2 minutes straight no2.gif That cut has gotten bad...

40 - 36 Rosado...it could've been considered a 10 - 8 round.
Cshel86
Smoger just stopped it in the 5th...it was bad. Rosado by TKO. Karass couldn't handle the head movement and speed.
Cshel86
I guess that 1st round goes to Barrera. Both of them were swinging like some elementary school boys.

10 - 9 Barrera
Cshel86
Singleton isn't working behind his jab and letting his hands go. Barrera still has control of the fight. Man, these dude are throwing haymakers...lunging haymakers like HWs.

20 - 18 Barrera
Cshel86
3rd and 4th goes to Barrera...an awfully boring fight for two LHWs who fight slower than HWs...not a good look.

40 - 36 Barrera
Cshel86
Barrera pulled it off easily...pretty much a shut out...

59 - 55
Cshel86
Nothing much going on in the first round, and Jennings stole the round with that last flurry.

10 - 9 Jennings
Cshel86
Damn I have to give the 2nd to Jennings, though not much happened. They both took this fight on less than 1 week's notice, so there wasn't much training going on.

20 - 18 Jennings

Byarm looks slow as shit...
Cshel86
Jennings won the 3rd easily, his inside game is evolving and his hand speed is something else.

Byarm aint doin' shit...

30 - 27
Cshel86
4th and5th went to Jennings, though Byarm had his moments.

50 - 45 Jennings
Cshel86
6th goes to Byarm..nice body shots.

59 - 54 Jennings
Cshel86
7 th goes to Byarm

68 - 64
Cshel86
I gave the 8th to Jennings (comparative round)

78 - 73
Cshel86
Gave the 9th to Byarm, Jennngs couldn't do much with him, though he pressed the action.

87 - 83
Cshel86
10th goes to Jennings...he hurt Byarm with right hand, and he kept the inside game going.

I may have given Byarm more rounds than he actually should've won.

97 - 92

Cshel86
Official score cards:

Judge #1: 97 - 93

Judge #2 and #3: 96 - 94

Bryan Jennings by UD
Jack 1000
Good card!

I wish boxing would do this more often, like every other week or something! I thought the production was good for a network debut. My only critique is that being sponsored by a website exclusively, (Go Daddy.com?) may weaken advertising revenue. I hope NBC can get some strong sponsor partners, like ABC did with Budweiser during its years in boxing. Not bad at all.

Jack
xxxxxx
I watched most of the card and thought it was done well. Bj Flores always does a good job announcing and Roach did pretty good also considering his Parkinson. The 3 fights were decent. This was a positive sign for the sport of boxing and I'm looking forword to more of these events.
Jack 1000
I noticed on several of the fights that the ring records shown on the screen graphics, were not the same, (off by a fight or two) as announced. Don't know which data was correct.

Jack
BoxingStill#1
Enjoyed this a lot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.