Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao - Cotto Rematch June 9th??? Maybe held at MGM Grand or Thomas & Max Arena???
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Gambit808
According to RingTV.com Miguel Cotto has agreed to all terms of the supposed rematch between himself & Pacquiao on June 9 but get this, not only will the rematch be held at the welterweight limit of 147 (Cotto fights 150-154) but it may also be held at either the MGM Grand or Thomas & Max Center according to there sorces.

Pacquiao's should be making the announcement of his next opponent on Monday. His draw will come from a list of 4 opponents excluding WBC Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.. The List includes Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradely, Miguel Cotto & Lamont Peterson.

My Personal Opinion is simple (if this actual news holds true) 3 words... "what's the point".

Your Thoughts?

mgrover
A. cotto will lose so badly, the guy will be sooo drained it will affect him, am hoping this is all bullshit, or he's just a backup thats never used because 147 will ruin him.
Cshel86

Thomas & Mack Center? MGM Grand? Where's the 45,000 seat stadium? Mmmm...no luck over here. Anybody stumble across it yet?
Hotsauce
At 147???
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2012, 05:11 PM) *
A. cotto will lose so badly, the guy will be sooo drained it will affect him, am hoping this is all bullshit, or he's just a backup thats never used because 147 will ruin him.

I feel the same way, anything about that being true would be bad news
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2012, 05:12 PM) *

Thomas & Mack Center? MGM Grand? Where's the 45,000 seat stadium? Mmmm...no luck over here. Anybody stumble across it yet?

Exaaaaacccttllyyyyy...

This whole stadium thing was smoke and mirrors my dude.....

My thing is, if the 'stadium' was the agenda the whole time, how would expect to fill it with fighter like 0eterson, or even Bradley should Pac chose one of them? Just my thoughts.
Gambit808
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 21 2012, 06:17 PM) *
Exaaaaacccttllyyyyy...

My thing is, if the 'stadium' was the agenda the whole time, how would expect to fill it with fighter like 0eterson, or even Bradley should Pac chose one of them? Just my thoughts.

Exactly, I'm still trying to figure out how they even made it on the list. All this back and forward stuff makes me wanna be a casual fan of boxing again. Smh...
fightscoreollector
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 21 2012, 09:54 PM) *
According to RingTV.com Miguel Cotto has agreed to all terms of the supposed rematch between himself & Pacquiao on June 9 but get this, not only will the rematch be held at the welterweight limit of 147 (Cotto fights 150-154) but it may also be held at either the MGM Grand or Thomas & Max Center according to there sorces.

Pacquiao's should be making the announcement of his next opponent on Monday. His draw will come from a list of 4 opponents excluding WBC Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.. The List includes Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradely, Miguel Cotto & Lamont Peterson.

My Personal Opinion is simple (if this actual news holds true) 3 words... "what's the point".

Your Thoughts?

Those 3 words.....yep 100%....there is no point in a Pacquaio v Cotto 2 fight , what is there to gain?? , the public wont really buy it , its basically another 1 sided beating for Cotto.

At least give us a bit for freshness in fighting Bradley or Peterson

Terrible fight if this is the one , i wouldnt even stay up to watch this live
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 21 2012, 05:54 PM) *
At 147???

My man Cotto gets smashed anything under 152lbs... idk..

Furthermore would this mean he would have to vacate his belt as a junior Middle Weight?.. fuck that.. pardon my french..

Why not make the fight in that division and let Pac fight him there??

This roller coaster is making me fuckng sick..

Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 21 2012, 06:17 PM) *

You're absolutely correct. Suddenly, the stadium became a non-issue after Floyd's name began to fade away from the picture of his possible opponents. Peterson got a lot of people to come to the Khan fight, but that was in D.C. Bradley cant even fill up his own home fans (or lack there of), so that's out the window (in regards to the stadium).
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jan 21 2012, 08:44 PM) *
Those 3 words.....yep 100%....there is no point in a Pacquaio v Cotto 2 fight , what is there to gain?? , the public wont really buy it , its basically another 1 sided beating for Cotto.

At least give us a bit for freshness in fighting Bradley or Peterson

Terrible fight if this is the one , i wouldnt even stay up to watch this live

1+

Though no way he gets in there with Bradley,.. I honesty see that fight real close..

Bradley body work pulls the bitch outta Pac..
Cshel86
Im still trying to see why Cotto wont just do what Floyd does, in regards to handling his business. He has his own promotional company, so all he has to do is lease the services of GBP, and get the majority of his money, since he's a free agent. He would make waaaay more money fighting Floyd, rather than pursuing an ass-kicking repeat with Pac.
pimpfighterROQ
Anybody here lives in Vegas? Has anyone seen that stadium Arum was "building"? It should be under construction by now right? At least a tarpoline of it in an empty lot?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2012, 08:59 PM) *
Im still trying to see why Cotto wont just do what Floyd does, in regards to handling his business. He has his own promotional company, so all he has to do is lease the services of GBP, and get the majority of his money, since he's a free agent. He would make waaaay more money fighting Floyd, rather than pursuing an ass-kicking repeat with Pac.

I see Arum throwing all types of numbers Cotto's way.. along with some promises..

In regards to Cotto, I think Arum knew thew the only real way he could keep hi in the loop was a promised rematch with Pac.. which leads us to think that damn.. that's been the MO the enitre time.. we've all been played..

I agree with you though.. Cotto Floyed would be the second biggets draw in Boxing right now... I think that's out the door because Floyed said he doesn't want Pacs "leftovers".. which is a statement I really can't agree with. Cotto has reestablished himself as a king pin and it makes sense to attempt to make that one..

Wayyyy more sense than a Martinez fight IMO..

I also see it as a good fight contrary to most peoples opinion. I can't see Cotto winning at this point, but I see a style match for fight fans..

Pac always beats Cotto.. (likely)

Cotto good challenge for floyed

Floyed beats Pac..
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 21 2012, 09:49 PM) *
I see Arum throwing all types of numbers Cotto's way.. along with some promises..

In regards to Cotto, I think Arum knew thew the only real way he could keep hi in the loop was a promised rematch with Pac.. which leads us to think that damn.. that's been the MO the enitre time.. we've all been played..

I agree with you though.. Cotto Floyed would be the second biggets draw in Boxing right now... I think that's out the door because Floyed said he doesn't want Pacs "leftovers".. which is a statement I really can't agree with. Cotto has reestablished himself as a king pin and it makes sense to attempt to make that one..

Wayyyy more sense than a Martinez fight IMO..

I also see it as a good fight contrary to most peoples opinion. I can't see Cotto winning at this point, but I see a style match for fight fans..

Pac always beats Cotto.. (likely)

Cotto good challenge for floyed

Floyed beats Pac..

Yep, sounds like somebody is giving into some promises made to him. The safer and more profitable fight for Miguel is a Floyd fight, regardless of the leftovers factor. Now, what would be interesting, is if it was a possibility/known fact that Pac was PEDs when he fought Cotto, then this would be a good revenge match for Cotto...a second one by the way.

Other than that, this fight is being shoved down our throats. We were already served JMM/Pac 3, which happened to be pretty good, but c'mon Bob, spread the gag fests out a bit, please.
Box in Hand
I'd rather watch tow pigs fuck. The first fight wasn't even competitive so please tell me what warrants a second one? Only good thing about this is we get to see Cotto's wife and them big ass titties.
pimpfighterROQ
I see Cotto being more disciplined on this fight, especially with the recent blueprint Marquez laid out once again. Box and move backwards to Pacquiao's right side then time him perfectly equals a very frustrated Pacquiao. But I don't think Cotto can pull this off. He has such low punch resistance. Pacquiao will catch him with something big and out goes the strategy.

Pacquiao by stoppage again.

I for one want to see this fight though, Pacquiao fights are exciting to watch when he's dominating the other guy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jan 21 2012, 10:24 PM) *
I'd rather watch tow pigs fuck. The first fight wasn't even competitive so please tell me what warrants a second one? Only good thing about this is we get to see Cotto's wife and them big ass titties.

laugh.gif

I hoping this fight doesn't take place, smh. As far as Cotto's wife...hopefully she stays at home for this one.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2012, 10:17 PM) *
laugh.gif

I hoping this fight doesn't take place, smh. As far as Cotto's wife...hopefully she stays at home for this one.

Yeah really cause Cotto would get massacred but hey if she wants to come I'm all for it. Those breast are a ting of beauty (In my Mickey from Rocky voice).
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jan 21 2012, 11:47 PM) *
Yeah really cause Cotto would get massacred but hey if she wants to come I'm all for it. Those breast are a ting of beauty (In my Mickey from Rocky voice).

laugh.gif

My next sig may have her crying in the crowd...along with the ta-tas of course laugh.gif
Hotsauce
Shake them titties baby
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 22 2012, 12:44 AM) *
Shake them titties baby

laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
So does this recent news with Cotto saying his nothing is final mean anything to y'all?
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 22 2012, 09:34 PM) *
So does this recent news with Cotto saying his nothing is final mean anything to y'all?

That means that both parties should STFU until Cotto makes up his mind laugh.gif Of course FMJ hasn't uttered a word about it, but Manny has.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2012, 11:29 PM) *
That means that both parties should STFU until Cotto makes up his mind laugh.gif Of course FMJ hasn't uttered a word about it, but Manny has.

Is there even a offer to Cotto from Floyed side?
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 23 2012, 12:44 AM) *
Is there even a offer to Cotto from Floyed side?

I haven't heard anything, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Floyd says that he only wants to fight one person, but if he's the smart man that we know he is, then Im sure he's got something cooking right now.
Seek
Bob said he is going to have a meeting with Cotto and his manager sometime this week. So now we're going to have to wait for Cotto to hear Bob's offer before making his decision. These last couple of weeks have been nerve-wrecking. Someone show me where the fast-forward button is...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 23 2012, 10:23 AM) *
Bob said he is going to have a meeting with Cotto and his manager sometime this week. So now we're going to have to wait for Cotto to hear Bob's offer before making his decision. These last couple of weeks have been nerve-wrecking. Someone show me where the fast-forward button is...

Yep...let's get ready for another seesaw week of negotiations/offers/changing of the mind, etc. I just WISH there was a fast forward button, but hey, stuff like this keeps the sport going.
daprofessor
my bold prediction....pacquiao loses to cotto in the rematch.

he also loses to bradley, marquez again...and possibly peterson. might as well cash out against mayweather...that will be his most embarrassing loss imo.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 23 2012, 06:40 PM) *
my bold prediction....pacquiao loses to cotto in the rematch.

he also loses to bradley, marquez again...and possibly peterson. might as well cash out against mayweather...that will be his most embarrassing loss imo.

Quite a bold prediction, and I wont go against it, so I'll leave the "boldness" up to you. Manny hasn't been looking like the machine that he used to be, so let's see how this pans out. He either totally destroys Cotto again, or more decline will be apparent. It all remains to be seen...
BrutalBodyShots
I think Cotto will do "better" in the Pacquiao rematch if it comes off... half because Pacquiao IMO is past his prime, and the other half simply because I see him fighting a more disciplined fight in the rematch as he just proved being capable of in the Margarito rematch.

"Better" unfortunately doesn't equate to a W for Cotto however.

And this fight at 147 is a joke. 147 takes any credibility away from the win that Pacquiao gets. Might as well be a NC because in my eyes the fight never happened even if it does.

Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 23 2012, 09:23 PM) *
"Better" unfortunately doesn't equate to a W for Cotto however.

Well worded....

Another win proves nothing for Pacquaio, and the only way a win for Cotto would prove relevant, is if and only if Pac tested positive for PEDs. Other than that...this match is null and void...
mrchitown
If this fight does come to fruition, then I think Cotto will perform better but I still see him getting stopped by Manny. 147lbs? Thats a horrible weight for Cotto at this point. I'd rather it be at 150-152 to at least make it appear to be on a level playing field. Arum is serving Cotto up yet again
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2012, 11:33 PM) *
I'd rather it be at 150-152 to at least make it appear to be on a level playing field. Arum is serving Cotto up yet again

Screw that catch weight crap. I'm so tired of it. We've seen it enough, especially with these guys. Pacquiao would do the same thing to Cotto at 154 that he did to him the last time they fought, and at least at 154 I and many others would at least give him credit for the win. At least he'd be in there with a fresh, live Cotto (which still like I said isn't enough to get the W) which would make the fight at least realistic.

Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 24 2012, 01:14 PM) *
Screw that catch weight crap. I'm so tired of it. We've seen it enough, especially with these guys.

Thank you!
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 24 2012, 12:14 PM) *
Screw that catch weight crap. I'm so tired of it. We've seen it enough, especially with these guys. Pacquiao would do the same thing to Cotto at 154 that he did to him the last time they fought, and at least at 154 I and many others would at least give him credit for the win. At least he'd be in there with a fresh, live Cotto (which still like I said isn't enough to get the W) which would make the fight at least realistic.

That seems to be where it will be heading or either at 147, either way it's a bad situation for Cotto. Im notbug fig fan of catch weight fights either but i don't live in wonderland, Arum wont put Manny in another bad situation like he did this past November. The reality of the situation is either at a drained weight or a catch weight....either way Cotto will be f*cked. He's the one who has to fight so it is what it is
Seek
Looks like Cotto and his advisor had a meeting with Bob. As it looks, no agreement was reached due to the weight. Cotto is asking for a catchweight of 150. Pacquiao has already stated he won't go above 147. I see it playing out with either Pacquiao agreeing to 150 or Bob throws a little more money Cotto's way to make 147. Arum can't let Cotto slip away, espeically to fight Mayweather....LOL this is good stuff. Props to Cotto for being a BOSS. Hopefuly he sticks to 150 and Pacquiao turns it down so we can see Mayweather Cotto. Apparently Cotto and Mayweather have been in talks and there is no dispute over the weight...
tgv
same outcome as the first fight but this time cotto boxes more and doesnt get beat up as bad, they go all rounds pacman by unanimous desc.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 25 2012, 09:38 AM) *
Props to Cotto for being a BOSS.

Thankfully! As stubborn as Cotto is as a person, I almost thought he wasn't gonna let his sack drop and would actually end up giving in to Arum. He is in total control of this situation. Fuck Pacquiao, the mofo STILL cant speak up for himself, has a hard time fighting anybody at any official weight, and he's looking pretty shitty nowadays.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2012, 10:51 AM) *
Thankfully! As stubborn as Cotto is as a person, I almost thought he wasn't gonna let his sack drop and would actually end up giving in to Arum. He is in total control of this situation. Fuck Pacquiao, the mofo STILL cant speak up for himself, has a hard time fighting anybody at any official weight, and he's looking pretty shitty nowadays.

Yeah I can't help but think of Bob finding a way to make Cotto Pacquiao 2 happen though. Bob said he just has to convince Manny "to join the idea" of the 150 weight. That shouldn't be too hard lol. Can't this all just be over already. No fights are being made right now because of all this mess.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 25 2012, 10:10 AM) *
Yeah I can't help but think of Bob finding a way to make Cotto Pacquiao 2 happen though. Bob said he just has to convince Manny "to join the idea" of the 150 weight. That shouldn't be too hard lol. Can't this all just be over already. No fights are being made right now because of all this mess.

Im just glad that there are other fights coming up. Sheesh...imagine if we just had to wait on the big fights, and the big fights only. I would surely become a casual fan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.