Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somebody willing to explain to Guerrero that he is no position to fight any P4P ?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mitukczuk
I mean, really.

That guy needs a reality check. Floyd doesn't want to fight him and now he wants to fight Sergio ? He is LWT ffs ! Rehydrating to 150 does not mean you can perform at that particular weight.

Sad thing is, negative criticism is still a criticism. I hate seeing him getting noticed like that. Damn !
leonthegee
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 23 2012, 05:39 AM) *
I mean, really.

That guy needs a reality check. Floyd doesn't want to fight him and now he wants to fight Sergio ? He is LWT ffs ! Rehydrating to 150 does not mean you can perform at that particular weight.

Sad thing is, negative criticism is still a criticism. I hate seeing him getting noticed like that. Damn !

Thats the way the sport is. You piggyback off the next man. Khan, Floyd, Manny they all did it. The only difference here is RG has been so inactive. I cant even remember when the last time this dude even fought somebody. I remember him pulling out of the Maidana fight. But hes setting himself up for a mega-fight. Now all he has to do is win maybe 2 more fights (and look impressive doing so) and hes in like flinn. If he wasnt mouthing off who knows when he would get his big fight.
Cshel86

For the love of God, Guerrero...just go away already!!! Right about now, he's worse than a fly at a BBQ.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 23 2012, 09:39 AM) *
I mean, really.

To quote Bernard "Ain't no white boy gon' beat me" Hopkins...."a close mouth don't get fed." I don't have any problem w/ him trying to self-promote and score a big payday. Now, should he get it, that's different story entirely.
Cshel86
Now, if he was actually active and calling these guys out at the same time, then it wouldn't be so annoying. Dude hasn't fought since April, then the Maidana fight fell through, and now he comes back crying for a big fight. Has he just been sitting around spanking his monkey the whole time?

Im all for guys calling out the big names, that's part of the sport, but at least be active in the meantime. He's definitely pulling a Tim Bradley right about now, so his next opponent better damn good. I mean seriously, what will he accomplish by fighting a dead Sergio at 150?

Wouldn't it be heart-breaking if he fought Sergio at 150, and got his ass handed to him? laugh.gif He's basically fighting for scraps at the moment, since Manny and Floyd has looked past Sergio again, and they even turned down the 150, and now Robert is getting the leftovers no2.gif
cuzzo707
As a boxing fan from the Bay area (707) go away Guerrero!!!! Just go away!!!!!!!!!!!
checkleft
Man guerrero would get put down against sergio dead or rehydrated. This guy got smacked around by casamayor for god sake. He needs to he quiet before someone accepts his challenge and he gets hurt. I don't even think I had him pulling it off against maidana before he pulled out...
Franchize
How do you say someone is ducking you when YOU pulled out of a fight where the opponent is probably more popular than you? How about taking care of business with Maidana before opening your mouth? That's like Bradley saying people are scared of him.
Allmenjoi8
Guerrero probably has some major medical bills to pay so maybe that is why he is looking for a major fight. Now he will get himself hurt if he fight Sergio and Mayweather it would be like watching Grambling play LSU, no one wants to see that blow out. Guerrero needs to focus on dominating his division. He should look at Khan to see what happens when you overlook an opponent.
mitukczuk
Im glad you see pretty much the same bullshit going on in RG's head as I do
Cshel86
Funny how Robert makes his situation seem so unfair and unique, when in fact it's happening to a guy named Sergio Martinez, who cant seem to land a meaningful fight. Guerrero has several other fights that he can take, but yet, he chooses to continue with his delusional conquest for landing a big fight.

Im sure all of these fighters want big paydays, and surely they dont fight for free, but lately, nobody seems to understand the "paying of dues" rule. I just wish that GBP books him a fight with somebody so he can STFU.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 23 2012, 01:20 PM) *
How do you say someone is ducking you when YOU pulled out of a fight where the opponent is probably more popular than you? How about taking care of business with Maidana before opening your mouth? That's like Bradley saying people are scared of him.

How about just taking care of business in your division and make the WORLD demand for that fight....it seems to be the new trend to beg for a fight for the top guys...

IMO... take care of business where u are.. anyone who is put in front of you demolish... that's how fans are created not by beating the top guy.. but earning that shot and THEN beating him... if you just beat the top guy and your a nobody with no REAL credentials the public is gonna look at it like luck or off an night from the top fighter...so its a lose lose..

Robert needs to shut up and handle his business..
wolterb
lol "I just wish that GBP books him a fight with somebody so he can STFU." That is the best solution.

I can't blame guerrero for trying...and I do think there is something to be said about the difference in opportunity between fighters who are promoted well and fighters that box well. I'd rather see Guerrero v. Mayweather than Alvarez v. Mayweather.

But, I agree with the majority here that Guererro can't be too butt-hurt in that he has not gone after the lower-hanging fruit to build up that rep. He has beaten katsidis, casamayor, and litzau (all three being worthy gate-keepers) so I wouldn't say he should be left out of p4p matches entirely, though.
wolterb
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 23 2012, 03:45 PM) *
How about just taking care of business in your division and make the WORLD demand for that fight....it seems to be the new trend to beg for a fight for the top guys...

IMO... take care of business where u are.. anyone who is put in front of you demolish... that's how fans are created not by beating the top guy.. but earning that shot and THEN beating him...
if you just beat the top guy and your a nobody with no REAL credentials the public is gonna look at it like luck or off an night from the top fighter...so its a lose lose..

hell yeah. I don't think there is any merit in moving around weight classes until you are the sole champion of your weight class.

We're also in a unique era where two boxers really have consolidated the entire fan population to their attention...i think thats why we see the bread lines forming to each of them
daprofessor
guerrero is one of the sports good guys and is a very solid fighter. problem is...he doesn't have a promoter who can get him the fights necessary to land the big one. he's not getting any younger...and he's coming off of a shoulder injury that may or may not be career ending. his record is still a good one. he's doing a great job at self-promoting. i say give it to him. let him get his pay day. god bless the dude. he's been through a lot with his wife and her illness. usually boxing takes from fighters and gives them very little in return. i say give the guy a great pay day so he can take care of his wife comfortably. i'm sure he'll give it his all.
pimpfighterROQ
What the fuck? He's now asking for Sergio Martinez?? The fuck is with this guy? He's a fucking lightweight, done no fights at welterweight now he wants a middleweight??? He wants the easy way to the top. Somebody tell him he's gotta earn it.

He's like that kind of dude in a bar expectin to get some right away. You gotta talk and buy the girls some drinks first...
daprofessor
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 23 2012, 08:00 PM) *
What the fuck? He's now asking for Sergio Martinez?? The fuck is with this guy? He's a fucking lightweight, done no fights at welterweight now he wants a middleweight??? He wants the easy way to the top. Somebody tell him he's gotta earn it.

He's like that kind of dude in a bar expectin to get some right away. You gotta talk and buy the girls some drinks first...

ur one of those dudes that buys chicks drinks? u get her drunk...5 drinks later...guy like him leaves the bar with her. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 23 2012, 08:25 PM) *
ur one of those dudes that buys chicks drinks? u get her drunk...5 drinks later...guy like him leaves the bar with her. laugh.gif

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2012, 08:32 PM) *
laugh.gif

he left the opening, i had to take it. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 23 2012, 08:36 PM) *
he left the opening, i had to take it. laugh.gif

Understood! C'mon Pimp, you asked for that one!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 23 2012, 06:33 PM) *
guerrero is one of the sports good guys and is a very solid fighter. problem is...he doesn't have a promoter who can get him the fights necessary to land the big one. he's not getting any younger...and he's coming off of a shoulder injury that may or may not be career ending. his record is still a good one. he's doing a great job at self-promoting. i say give it to him. let him get his pay day. god bless the dude. he's been through a lot with his wife and her illness. usually boxing takes from fighters and gives them very little in return. i say give the guy a great pay day so he can take care of his wife comfortably. i'm sure he'll give it his all.

Granted.. good dude, hard working, nice record....

BUT NEARLY NO FOLLOWING....

Hypotheticaly... who deserves a shot with (input fighter)? Ima say Floyed for instance

Would Robert deserve it more than let's say:

Cotto? (Who has fought and proven himself as a natural welter?) Amongs other many valid points?
Berto?
Canelo? (WHO IS A CURRENT BELT HOLDER?)
Bradley? ( Who has beat everyone in front of him even if it was ugly?)

I can try to compile more but I think we get it right?...

I am in no way taking anything from Robert, and perhaps im just being bios cuz I want to see the Mega fight so bad,... but Robert needs to handle his shit IMO...

On the other hand I have never been against a guy who talks his way into a fight... Jlook what happened with David Haye.....)..literally
BrutalBodyShots
I'm so tired of lower weight guys expecting big name or draw fighters to "come down" a division or more to face them. When did this BS take off? I've been watching boxing for about 25 years and don't recall nearly this many instances of this bullshit we've seen recently. Martinez is a middleweight. Hasn't fought at 150 in a decade. If someone wants to fight Martinez, that's great... fight him at 160 where he's been for years now.

Oh, and fuck Robert Guerrero. Can't remember the last time a top 100 fighter called out a top 3 fighter that was FOUR WEIGHT DIVISIONS above him.

Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 23 2012, 09:12 PM) *
I'm so tired of lower weight guys expecting big name or draw fighters to "come down" a division or more to face them. When did this BS take off? I've been watching boxing for about 25 years and don't recall nearly this many instances of this bullshit we've seen recently. Martinez is a middleweight. Hasn't fought at 150 in a decade. If someone wants to fight Martinez, that's great... fight him at 160 where he's been for years now.

Oh, and fuck Robert Guerrero. Can't remember the last time a top 100 fighter called out a top 3 fighter that was FOUR WEIGHT DIVISIONS above him.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
dhoward126
Robert Guerrero is a good fighter, or at least I think he is. The dude JUST started fighting at 140 pounds and was a few weeks away from a fight with Maidana that very well could have panned out very well for him, but he's been out for a good minute now and people have forgotten that he's even around. If Danny Howard was managing him and wanted to get Guerrero some publicity and quickly, first would be the bum/sacrificial lamb (Chop Chop Corely), a limited/one dimensional fighter (Victor Cayo) and pending those performances, make a bid for Khan/Morales/Peterson.

There we have a streaking fighter with an incredible backstory, a comeback from a "career-threatening injury" or whatever, and possibly a new world champion on the verge of pound-for-pound greatness.

By that time though, Pacquiao/Mayweather negotiations will have failed for the millionth time and everyone will care less who they fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jan 23 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Robert Guerrero is a good fighter, or at least I think he is. The dude JUST started fighting at 140 pounds and was a few weeks away from a fight with Maidana that very well could have panned out very well for him, but he's been out for a good minute now and people have forgotten that he's even around. If Danny Howard was managing him and wanted to get Guerrero some publicity and quickly, first would be the bum/sacrificial lamb (Chop Chop Corely), a limited/one dimensional fighter (Victor Cayo) and pending those performances, make a bid for Khan/Morales/Peterson.

There we have a streaking fighter with an incredible backstory, a comeback from a "career-threatening injury" or whatever, and possibly a new world champion on the verge of pound-for-pound greatness.

By that time though, Pacquiao/Mayweather negotiations will have failed for the millionth time and everyone will care less who they fight.

Weeks away??? Try DAYS away. I remember being pissed when I read the article on the front page...had to close the door in my office, yell, and count to 10 laugh.gif

Sounds like somebody should try their hand in management ok.gif
BrutalBodyShots
I'd take a contender leftover like Manfredo or Mora over Guerrero and they are garbage middleweights... but Guerrero wants the #1 middleweight in the world. GTFOOH.

daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 23 2012, 09:07 PM) *
Granted.. good dude, hard working, nice record....

BUT NEARLY NO FOLLOWING....

Hypotheticaly... who deserves a shot with (input fighter)? Ima say Floyed for instance

Would Robert deserve it more than let's say:

Cotto? (Who has fought and proven himself as a natural welter?) Amongs other many valid points?
Berto?
Canelo? (WHO IS A CURRENT BELT HOLDER?)
Bradley? ( Who has beat everyone in front of him even if it was ugly?)

I can try to compile more but I think we get it right?...

I am in no way taking anything from Robert, and perhaps im just being bios cuz I want to see the Mega fight so bad,... but Robert needs to handle his shit IMO...

On the other hand I have never been against a guy who talks his way into a fight... Jlook what happened with David Haye.....)..literally

it used to be that a champion at a lower weight had no problem getting a shot at a champion at a higher weight. that was back when there weren't so many 'champions.' these days...i find it commendable that some fighters want to move up and prove themselves in the ring. for a guy like robert guerrero to call out floyd, pac and sergio martinez...i have to say, he has balls. so many fighters will move up in weight to challenge a guy if the circumstances/money are/is right. he's just calling them out...and for the most part, i don't see or hear any special requests for stipulations or anything of the sort. this whole thing about "no following" or "who has he beat" is just meaningless talk to me...because if it really meant anything why did pac fight clottey...he wasn't a draw. margarito should have been banned for life...mosley was way past it when floyd/pac fought him...cotto had been softened up by margarito before pac fought him...who the hell was dzinziruk or the last guy martinez fought? blah,blah,blah. u can do this with just about any opponent for any fighter. does robert need to be a draw to fight any of those guys? i think he's a bigger draw than anyone martinez has fought recently. i know that he has sparred pac in the past and from i was told by ppl who were there....he gave pac all he could handle. i say give the guy a shot. i wouldn't mind seeing him in the ring with jmm, morales, maidana, bradley, berto, ortiz, pac, floyd, cotto or martinez. i think all but 3 or 4 of those fights would be toss ups. there's only one way to find out.
The Original MrFactor
I think he's a good young fighter and would like to see him in with Marquez or even the Berto/Ortiz winner. heck, in this sport, you can call out who you want, but cant be mad if a guy doesnt answer you because you havent beaten anyone in the top 5 at 140 or 147.

With that in mind, I'd love to see him in with:

Bradley
Maidana/Alexander winner
Khan
Judah(just to make a name for himself)
Kendall Holt(to see what he has left)
Mike Jones(Good test for both guys)
Lucas matthyse(why not)

There are plenty of guys out there. Bradley doesnt seem to have a dance partner. Call him out. Khan, Jones and Matthyse dont seem to be too busy, call one of them out. Guerrerro appears as a guy desperate to get a big money matchup that is 1 or 2 fights away for him. beat one of those guys convincingly and he'll get a big fight.
Thickback
RG is delusional, but I don't blame him for trying. He just needs to leave the disrespect to the villians. He has been the "nice guy" all of his career with a compelling story. Ride that wave and stop tryna splash in the wrong pool....first of all, when's the last time he fought and who has he fought????
Franchize
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 24 2012, 04:25 AM) *
With that in mind, I'd love to see him in with:

Bradley
Maidana/Alexander winner
Khan
Judah(just to make a name for himself)
Kendall Holt(to see what he has left)
Mike Jones(Good test for both guys)
Lucas matthyse(why not)

And every last one of those guys probably have a bigger following than him. Maybe not Kendall Holt anymore.

But everyone can blame Tim Bradley for this trend of not "staying in your lane". He started the new trend of meaningless challenges post fight.

i find it commendable that some fighters want to move up and prove themselves in the ring. for a guy like robert guerrero to call out floyd, pac and sergio martinez...i have to say, he has balls. so many fighters will move up in weight to challenge a guy if the circumstances/money are/is right. he's just calling them out...and for the most part, i don't see or hear any special requests for stipulations or anything of the sort. this whole thing about "no following" or "who has he beat" is just meaningless talk to me...because if it really meant anything why did pac fight clottey...he wasn't a draw. margarito should have been banned for life...mosley was way past it when floyd/pac fought him...cotto had been softened up by margarito before pac fought him

You're comparing apples to oranges. Clottey's fought WAY better opposition than Guerrero before the Manny fight. He just came off a controversial loss to Cotto. Magarito should have been banned, but that has nothing to do with his fan base or following. Mosley was only considered old AFTER the Mayweather fight. He was coming off the most impressive/decisive win of his career over a red hot opponent. Cotto is to Puerto Rico what Marquez is to Mexico. Cotto will ALWAYS sell tickets.Bottom line is, if people have to go to Wikipedia to find out who you are and who you beat, you don't get to fight Manny or Floyd....period.
Cheesey1
Yeah, even though I do respect his ambition, setting him on the path through the likes of Maidana as was being done, makes more sense, or a career path like what DHoward suggested.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 24 2012, 09:59 AM) *
You're comparing apples to oranges. Clottey's fought WAY better opposition than Guerrero before the Manny fight. He just came off a controversial loss to Cotto. Magarito should have been banned, but that has nothing to do with his fan base or following. Mosley was only considered old AFTER the Mayweather fight. He was coming off the most impressive/decisive win of his career over a red hot opponent. Cotto is to Puerto Rico what Marquez is to Mexico. Cotto will ALWAYS sell tickets.Bottom line is, if people have to go to Wikipedia to find out who you are and who you beat, you don't get to fight Manny or Floyd....period.

my point was that the excuse..."he doesn't sell tickets..." is pure bullshit. buster douglas wasn't a ticket seller when he fought tyson...bhop didn't sell tickets when he fought trinidad. as a fan, i don't concern myself with who sells what or how popular any fighter is to the general public. i don't get a check when these guys fight. winky wright wasn't a popular guy when he beat mosley...neither was vernon forrest. i can go on with the list, but i think u get it. i think we can all make excuses why fighter A shouldn't fight fighter B...but i'll leave the matchmaking to the matchmakers. i think fighters calling each other out is good for the sport. sure...some if not most calls will go unanswered...but it's still fun to see/hear it. it's even better when they answer.
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 24 2012, 02:57 PM) *
my point was that the excuse..."he doesn't sell tickets..." is pure bullshit. buster douglas wasn't a ticket seller when he fought tyson...bhop didn't sell tickets when he fought trinidad. as a fan, i don't concern myself with who sells what or how popular any fighter is to the general public. i don't get a check when these guys fight. winky wright wasn't a popular guy when he beat mosley...neither was vernon forrest. i can go on with the list, but i think u get it. i think we can all make excuses why fighter A shouldn't fight fighter B...but i'll leave the matchmaking to the matchmakers. i think fighters calling each other out is good for the sport. sure...some if not most calls will go unanswered...but it's still fun to see/hear it. it's even better when they answer.

It isn't pure bullshit because this is a business. For every upset like Douglas over Tyson, there are 100 guys who aren't ready that get their ass handed to them as expected. What would any top tier fighter get out of fighting Robert Guerrero? It's a lose-lose situation. You lose, then you lost to a nobody. You win, then you beat a nobody. I don't fault people for trying to get a big pay day but damn, you have to pay your dues at least a little.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 24 2012, 04:33 PM) *
It isn't pure bullshit because this is a business. For every upset like Douglas over Tyson, there are 100 guys who aren't ready that get their ass handed to them as expected. What would any top tier fighter get out of fighting Robert Guerrero? It's a lose-lose situation. You lose, then you lost to a nobody. You win, then you beat a nobody. I don't fault people for trying to get a big pay day but damn, you have to pay your dues at least a little.

if guys like ndou, sosa, brusselles, sharmba mitchell, zab judah and carlos baldomir can get cracks at floyd...i think guerrero is deserving. it's a stay busy/semi-safe/intriguing fight for floyd before he goes to prison. i'd welcome it. i don't hear cotto calling out floyd. pac is doing everything in his power to avoid floyd. let someone who wants the fight get it. floyd will make his money regardless of who the opponent is on may 5th.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 24 2012, 05:16 PM) *
if guys like ndou, sosa, brusselles, sharmba mitchell, zab judah and carlos baldomir can get cracks at floyd...i think guerrero is deserving.

None of those guys were multiple divisions below Mayweather.

Maybe Darchinyan should get a crack at Floyd too while we're at it.

checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 24 2012, 05:16 PM) *
if guys like ndou, sosa, brusselles, sharmba mitchell, zab judah and carlos baldomir can get cracks at floyd...i think guerrero is deserving. it's a stay busy/semi-safe/intriguing fight for floyd before he goes to prison. i'd welcome it. i don't hear cotto calling out floyd. pac is doing everything in his power to avoid floyd. let someone who wants the fight get it. floyd will make his money regardless of who the opponent is on may 5th.

[quote name='daprofessor' date='Jan 24 2012, 06:34 PM' post='550830']

Those guys were all players in the division at the time he fought them, like stepping stone fights. If your suggesting Mayweather Martinez or Pac are stepping stones for a guy like guerrero i have to question your boxing knowledge.

I like guerrero, he's kind of inconsistent but he has major upside (pre op)

If he can come back and perform as well as he had before the surgery he will be good, but for now he needs to stfu. He needs to build up his resume as mayweather did with those guys to gain more exposure. It's no given that the guy will even be good after his surgery so its ridiculous to ask for fights of this magnitude. The maidana fight would have been perfect for him but he got "injured". Theirs still guys like mathysse and zab corley Paulie who he can get good wins against at 140
Cshel86
Yeah Guerrero has work to do at 140, seriously. Now if he had a few convincing fights at 140, then I wouldn't count him out of this.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 24 2012, 07:33 PM) *
None of those guys were multiple divisions below Mayweather.

Maybe Darchinyan should get a crack at Floyd too while we're at it.

he called out pac. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 24 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Those guys were all players in the division at the time he fought them, like stepping stone fights. If your suggesting Mayweather Martinez or Pac are stepping stones for a guy like guerrero i have to question your boxing knowledge.

I like guerrero, he's kind of inconsistent but he has major upside (pre op)

If he can come back and perform as well as he had before the surgery he will be good, but for now he needs to stfu. He needs to build up his resume as mayweather did with those guys to gain more exposure. It's no given that the guy will even be good after his surgery so its ridiculous to ask for fights of this magnitude. The maidana fight would have been perfect for him but he got "injured". Theirs still guys like mathysse and zab corley Paulie who he can get good wins against at 140

where in my post did u see anything remotely close to that? dntknw.gif

pre-op. laugh.gif i know there's an unknown with the injury...which i believe is part of the reason he's calling out all the big guns...he wants to take a shot before hanging them up. i say give it to him.
checkleft
I was asking, because I mean at the time he fought those guys they were players in his division its not like he was p4p king and ppv cash cow and he was calling out those guys at that point in his career they were solid wins. So I just didn't think it was an adequate comparison, those kinds of fights is exactly what guerrero needs at this point. I mean he's not even a player at 147 and there's still a question of whether he can perform at 140 or even after the surgery.

But I wasn't ever 100% sure about that injury. I'm not trying to stir up some shit but it just seemed fishy to me, maybe he realized what he had done. I mean your first fight at 140 against maidana? I might drop out of that too Haha
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 25 2012, 02:06 AM) *
I was asking, because I mean at the time he fought those guys they were players in his division its not like he was p4p king and ppv cash cow and he was calling out those guys at that point in his career they were solid wins. So I just didn't think it was an adequate comparison, those kinds of fights is exactly what guerrero needs at this point. I mean he's not even a player at 147 and there's still a question of whether he can perform at 140 or even after the surgery.

But I wasn't ever 100% sure about that injury. I'm not trying to stir up some shit but it just seemed fishy to me, maybe he realized what he had done. I mean your first fight at 140 against maidana? I might drop out of that too Haha

i'm thinking the injury may be legit and now he's trying to cash out with a big named opponent. that's a lot better than losing to anyone else for small money. he's a good guy...he deserves it.
du365
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 25 2012, 01:19 PM) *
i'm thinking the injury may be legit and now he's trying to cash out with a big named opponent. that's a lot better than losing to anyone else for small money. he's a good guy...he deserves it.

No he does not deserve it. If he wants to prove himself then he should fight those guys at 135, 140. I don't dislike the guy or think he sucks or anything, but wtf this is getting a little silly. Quit calling out all the cha-ching guys that are 10lbs+ & 2 divisions from where he's fought at. I'm all for a little trash talking, but cmon son just fight, you haven't fought in almost a year, you haven't fought since your shoulder surgery, you haven't beaten anyone very notable to have earned a fight with any of these guys. Just get in the ring & do something with someone. Again I tend to think he's trying to cash out of the sport with a big payday which is why he's even calling out Shane now which isn't gonna pay as well as Floyd, but will pay better then he's seen before that's pretty obvious & very likely if he won could lead into a bigger fight for more money to cash out win, lose or draw.

So first Floyd, then Sergio and now Shane....I mean c'mon.
daprofessor
QUOTE (du365 @ Jan 26 2012, 08:27 PM) *
No he does not deserve it. If he wants to prove himself then he should fight those guys at 135, 140. I don't dislike the guy or think he sucks or anything, but wtf this is getting a little silly. Quit calling out all the cha-ching guys that are 10lbs+ & 2 divisions from where he's fought at. I'm all for a little trash talking, but cmon son just fight, you haven't fought in almost a year, you haven't fought since your shoulder surgery, you haven't beaten anyone very notable to have earned a fight with any of these guys. Just get in the ring & do something with someone. Again I tend to think he's trying to cash out of the sport with a big payday which is why he's even calling out Shane now which isn't gonna pay as well as Floyd, but will pay better then he's seen before that's pretty obvious & very likely if he won could lead into a bigger fight for more money to cash out win, lose or draw.

So first Floyd, then Sergio and now Shane....I mean c'mon.

again...i don't have a problem with any fighter calling out any fighter. i prefer that to guys hiding behind their promoters...or giving the b.s. comment..."i'll fight anyone, anywhere...if the money is right." laugh.gif he's not asking for any special stipulations....he wants to fight the best. i don't see anyone else calling out the big dogs like this. give the man his chance. he has held belts in more than one division...if he wants to skip a few and give it a go..i'm all for it.
Cshel86
I cant even consider fighting Manny or Floyd "cashing out", I mean seriously, just how much does he think he's gonna get? If Pacquiao is barely getting the money that he's fighting for, then how much does Guerrero thinks he's gonna make? If Ortiz (a relatively known fighter as of date) only got 2.5M (before PPV money rolled in), then again, how much does Guerrero think he's gonna get?

Now, fighting these two would boost his income (as far as that particular payday is concerned), but I doubt if he makes much more when he goes back to 140 to fight those other guys. The true exapmle of cashing out of the sport, would be the type of money that FMJ and Pacquaio are about to make off of each other, that's it. Anything else means...keep on fighting until you're comfortable with your finances laugh.gif

I cant knock Robert for wanting the payday, but these guys who are seriously whoring after the big bucks, are making a fool of themselves. Calling out the top guys has always been the way of the sport, but these new guys are borderline begging...not a good look at all. Bad enough that money is beautifully fucking up the sport as we speak, by keeping the best from fighting the best, but damn, dudes are losing all integrity in the meantime.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2012, 04:06 PM) *
I cant even consider fighting Manny or Floyd "cashing out", I mean seriously, just how much does he think he's gonna get? If Pacquiao is barely getting the money that he's fighting for, then how much does Guerrero thinks he's gonna make? If Ortiz (a relatively known fighter as of date) only got 2.5M (before PPV money rolled in), then again, how much does Guerrero think he's gonna get?

Now, fighting these two would boost his income (as far as that particular payday is concerned), but I doubt if he makes much more when he goes back to 140 to fight those other guys. The true exapmle of cashing out of the sport, would be the type of money that FMJ and Pacquaio are about to make off of each other, that's it. Anything else means...keep on fighting until you're comfortable with your finances laugh.gif

I cant knock Robert for wanting the payday, but these guys who are seriously whoring after the big bucks, are making a fool of themselves. Calling out the top guys has always been the way of the sport, but these new guys are borderline begging...not a good look at all. Bad enough that money is beautifully fucking up the sport as we speak, by keeping the best from fighting the best, but damn, dudes are losing all integrity in the meantime.

it's all relative. i'm sure 2.5mil would be exponentially higher than his best payday. i don't believe guerrero has made 7 figures in his career yet. he has 7 figure talent with 6 figure accomplishments.

i disagree that floyd is fucking up the sport by not fighting the "best." for one...pac isn't the best. there are a few guys that can beat him...including the last guy he fought. it's not floyds fault pac/arum want no part of floyd.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 27 2012, 05:20 PM) *
it's all relative. i'm sure 2.5mil would be exponentially higher than his best payday. i don't believe guerrero has made 7 figures in his career yet. he has 7 figure talent with 6 figure accomplishments.

I agree, well put.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 27 2012, 05:20 PM) *
i disagree that floyd is fucking up the sport by not fighting the "best." for one...pac isn't the best. there are a few guys that can beat him...including the last guy he fought. it's not floyds fault pac/arum want no part of floyd.

I also disagree that Floyd is fucking up the sport by not fighting the "best"...as a matter of fact, Im wondering if I actually said that. When I said the best not fighting the best, I meant the upcoming fighters who are fighting corpses or "safe" fights, and making money off of it, i.e. Pacquiao, Alvarez, Berto, Chavez Jr., Khan (sometimes), Bute, and a few others.

I guess we can place the blame on their promoters, but thats how it goes, make money off of the fighter by hyping them up and putting them in there with lesser opponents. So, in a sense, its all business, and I can't knock it, but it is making the sport look a little jacked up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.