Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why does fighthype...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Smack Talk
UglyPug
Damn I hate to talk about Floyd/Manny. . . It has been run into the ground. . . But I just wanted to know what's up with the favoritism fighthype shows towards Floyd? Why sacrifice journalistic integrity just to try to help your favorite fighter out? Ben Thompson is a good writer, who is able to convey and express his opinions very well; indeed, a very well spoken gent. . . But I just can't help but notice how every article is pro-Floyd?

I mean, yeah Im sure Arum isn't helping the issue, but WHY WOULD FLOYD demand more than 50%? Wasn't that agreed upon ages ago? How can he still be pointing the finger at Arum, and not placing majority (or at least half of it) on Floyd himself?

You can make good, logical arguments for either side being more deserving of the lion's share. . . but they essentially negate each other out, and unless they want to do a winner take all, or winner take lion's share, THE ONLY LOGICAL split is 50/50 on everything. . .

Please don't "ban" me for this. . . I really just want to know why. . .
BigFightFan
A lot of this boils down to opinions and you label fight hype bias because you do not agree with there opinion. I think any journalist can be accused of being bias by a biased person.
UglyPug
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 24 2012, 06:33 AM) *
A lot of this boils down to opinions and you label fight hype bias because you do not agree with there opinion. I think any journalist can be accused of being bias by a biased person.

i agree with their opinions on a lot of issues. . . but there are literally no journalists published on this site that have a different opinion on the pacquiao/mayweather debacle; rather, there is only one side being favored. . . i didn't believe it was that obvious when i heard people discussing it on boxingscene, but after scrolling through the articles regarding the pac/may nego's, LITERALLY, every single article is pro-mayweather?

im not whining or anything, i was just curious. . . if a website isn't going to publish articles from both perspectives, the journalistic integrity takes a hit. . . just my opinion. . .

from what i understand, pacquiao was willing to agree to EVERYTHING mayweather wanted: the venue (MGM), the date (may 5th), complete random blood and urine testing ALL THE WAY up to the fight, and after the fight. . . and all he wanted was 50/50 (which was already agreed upon many a moon ago). . . so rather than talking about Arum being the roadblock, and discussing failed negotiations from years ago, why not take the approach as "hey, floyd, take the 50/50 and make the f'ing fight"! if arum is a roadblock, so is floyd. . . *shrug*
MadFresh
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 24 2012, 11:33 AM) *

+1 thumbsup_anim.gif
UglyPug
QUOTE (MadFresh @ Jan 24 2012, 06:42 AM) *
+1 thumbsup_anim.gif

lol. . . just lol. . . i can see what kind of site im stumbled upon. . . why does fighthype not publish articles from journalist with differing "opinions" from ben thompson? riddle me that. . .

well, here's my opinion along with majority of hardcore fans: floyd once again found another reason to not make the fight. . .

floyd's text to manny after their conversation: "thanks dog"! i got another excuse not to fight you now"!
UglyPug
i completely understand that everybody has their own opinion on who is "more at fault" for the fight not happening. . .

but i don't see how you can twist it to make it arum's fault when floyd himself told manny that "no, the fight cannot happen. . . " for 50/50, fair and square, revenue split. . .

manny LITERALLY agreed to EVERYTHING floyd wanted. . . and after the 50/50 already being agreed upon, floyd goes back once again? smh. . .

lol, yet this website somehow finds nothing else to say but to rehash over negotiations from over 2 years ago. . . not a single article that favors manny on this website. . . JUST LOL. . . i have an idea of the type of people who control what is published on here. . .

it's really not a boxing news website like boxingscene, fightnews. . .
Thickback
QUOTE (UglyPug @ Jan 24 2012, 07:30 AM) *
i completely understand that everybody has their own opinion on who is "more at fault" for the fight not happening. . .

but i don't see how you can twist it to make it arum's fault when floyd himself told manny that "no, the fight cannot happen. . . " for 50/50, fair and square, revenue split. . .

manny LITERALLY agreed to EVERYTHING floyd wanted. . . and after the 50/50 already being agreed upon, floyd goes back once again? smh. . .

lol, yet this website somehow finds nothing else to say but to rehash over negotiations from over 2 years ago. . . not a single article that favors manny on this website. . . JUST LOL. . . i have an idea of the type of people who control what is published on here. . .

it's really not a boxing news website like boxingscene, fightnews. . .

OK, Manny himself has said that he agrees to Floyd's demands but yet, there are NO negotiations and we are being force fed another shitty Manny vs Cotto or manny vs JMM fight. So in all honesty, Manny saying he agrees to Floyd's terms means absolutely nothing because they still never met at the negotiation table. Floyd's team reached out to Arum, Arum has said over and over that May 5th is no good. So why have Manny fans been so quiet until they heard this from Floyd????

Now, don't get me wrong, I disagree with Floyd and the pusre split, but I can't see why you are blaming Floyd for the split but you can't call BS when historically Manny's opponents have been announced in the exact same fashion since 2009! If we can't get Floyd then we will fight 1 of 4 fighters. (All TR options) Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and JMM were all announced as options before negotiations were complete or even took place with Mayweather. It's been the same cycle with Arum and Manny announcing future opponents.

Regarding the journalism here, it is pro Floyd, but Boxingscene are the biggest Floyd haters on the PLANET!!!! But BJ makes a hell of a lot more sense than most writers out there that are 100% Pro Manny.
CDeezFoo
well its obvious ...we can all clearly see...that your hand holds a place for Manny's nutsack
Run and Gun Game Calls
Cshel86
Uh ohhh...not another one of these, "Why Does FightHype" threads. Let me guess, the next thread will read..."How to fry an egg" or "Why Doesn't FightHype Write About Frying Eggs?". Lets see...
leonthegee
QUOTE (UglyPug @ Jan 24 2012, 02:52 AM) *
Damn I hate to talk about Floyd/Manny. . . It has been run into the ground. . . But I just wanted to know what's up with the favoritism fighthype shows towards Floyd? Why sacrifice journalistic integrity just to try to help your favorite fighter out? Ben Thompson is a good writer, who is able to convey and express his opinions very well; indeed, a very well spoken gent. . . But I just can't help but notice how every article is pro-Floyd?

I mean, yeah Im sure Arum isn't helping the issue, but WHY WOULD FLOYD demand more than 50%? Wasn't that agreed upon ages ago? How can he still be pointing the finger at Arum, and not placing majority (or at least half of it) on Floyd himself?

You can make good, logical arguments for either side being more deserving of the lion's share. . . but they essentially negate each other out, and unless they want to do a winner take all, or winner take lion's share, THE ONLY LOGICAL split is 50/50 on everything. . .

Mannys making 6 to 7 mil per fight and Floyds making 40 to 50. If I was Floyd I wouldnt give Manny 50% of shit. Somebody has to pay Arum. Hes Mannys promoter it should be out of Mannys end. From a business prospective it makes sense. As a fight fan it pisses me off.
Allmenjoi8
It is amazing how truth can be considered biased. People eat up Arum's filth like it is prime steak. The moment an article questions Arum all of the sudden it is biased. The truth is people who investigate what really has been happening these past two now going on three years can clearly see that Arum and Pacquiao's camp does not want this fight.

You quickly point out that Mayweather does not want a 50/50 spilt but you fail to mention that Pacquiao said that he would take a smaller purse in order to make the fight. So how is it that Floyd agreed that Manny will take the smaller purse that it is his fault. Pacquiao should of never said anything about taking a smaller purse knowing that Arum would rather convert to Islam than take a smaller purse in a big fight like this.

The blame can be put on both camps shoulders, but from what I read on the front page this morning, Arum seems to be the one with a million excuses and not Mayweather. Do not let the media pick your heroes and villains. And why would Ben put quotes from other journalist that is basically Arum's BS and lies? Maybe the journalist that work on this site know the truth and can see right through the BS.
Franchize
The thing is, why NOT fight on May 5th? I have a guaranteed date, time and venue. You have a fictional one you thought of that's completely subject to setbacks. I'm supposed to relinquish the most profitable day in May, and one of the best dates in boxing, to take a chance on a venue that may not even be ready in time, all so you can charge fans astronomical prices for nosebleed seats? ...especially when any real boxing fan knows the real money is in the PPV buys.
Run and Gun Game Calls
ben thompson knows if he is more objective he losses access to floyd mayweather period.
dhoward126
I'm not pro-Floyd as I am anti-Arum, but if it's not pro-Pacquiao, we get threads like this.
Cshel86
Word to the wise...if you have any questions, concerns, or any "feminine build-up" that you need to get off of your chest, then by all means, utilize the email or personal message method to voice your concerns. Judging by Mr. UglyPug or whatever the fuck his name is, his logic is questionable at best, and the proof is in the pudding. It's funny how a butt-hurt, clueless little shetland pony, feels the need to voice his opinion in such an ignorant manner.

The SMARTEST thing to do, is open an "inquisitive" thread that slowly turns into a bash thread (sarcasm). He was even smarter for posting it on the website that he's questioning. If guys aren't upset with the "big fight" happening, then they go to Plan B and point the finger at the site, that they feel is "pro Mayweather".

Truthfully, this "big fight" mess has truly brought the estrogen out of some "manly men" in this small world that we live in, and has also brought the cowardly ignorance out of others (racist comments, personal threats, etc).

So from now on, if you have ANY comments, please email them to us along with the rest of the pissing and moaning about the site, the writers, fighters, etc. so it can be posted on the front page mailbags. This way, the world will have the great pleasure of viewing your idiocy and prove how the speed of stupidity travels (which is lightning fast), and we will also know you by name.

Nobody around here cares what you think or say about the fighters, but when the writers' name(s) are brought up as another outlet for you to get shit off of your chest and out of your mouth, then that's another issue. Threads like this are utterly stupid and really makes me want to request my time back...the time that wasted reading it. Wow, I hope I can actually go out and face the world again.

Again, NOBODY cares what you write about the fighters, but when the staff of the site's name(s) are brought up, or their work has been shitted on because you hate a fighter SO much, then that'a a problem...and people should REALLY get their emotions in check.
Cshel86
Open...
daprofessor
QUOTE (UglyPug @ Jan 24 2012, 06:52 AM) *

which website is telling both sides of the story? philboxing? maxboxing? boxingscene? eastsideboxing?

i wouldn't call fighthype pro-mayweather even though it's the only site that u can hear his side of the story unfiltered. there are plenty of posters here that do not totally agree with all that is said here. everyone is allowed to voice their opinions. what i love about the site is that the writers are pretty much down the middle in my opinion. they interview guys like ariza and give him a voice when arum gives the rest of the sites their cue cards so they can be sure to follow the script. the other cool thing about this site is that the writers aren't full of themselves and think they are the story unlike some other lame sites with lame writers trying to pass themselves off as experts or hard hitting journalists. bottom line in all of it...if u don't like what fighthype is reporting on...feel free to log onto another site. there are plenty out there. if u ever figure it out...u'll realize that this one is pretty much the best. at that point, i'm sure u'll be welcomed back. til then...cheers. smile.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 24 2012, 10:06 AM) *
Mannys making 6 to 7 mil per fight and Floyds making 40 to 50. If I was Floyd I wouldnt give Manny 50% of shit. Somebody has to pay Arum. Hes Mannys promoter it should be out of Mannys end. From a business prospective it makes sense. As a fight fan it pisses me off.

when u put their numbers side by side against the same opposition...it's no contest. pac doesn't even come close. he's already said publicly he would fight for less. he doesn't deserve 50% in my opinion. floyd should stick to his guns on that. pac is not in the drivers seat...especially after what should have been a loss to marquez. pac loses his next fight. he's not beating cotto, bradley, marquez ...peterson is his best shot.

as a fan, i've given up on this fight happening. anyone that thinks arum would serve up his manufactured prized cash cow to "the one who got away" is living in fantasy land. it's not going to happen.

i'm more interested in seeing floyd/cotto after cotto avenges his loss to pac.
checkleft
All sites are biased. I've been on other sites and this is the most unbiased one I'VE come across. But everybody is going to have some sort of bias, that's why we are supposed to think for ourselves and formulate our own educated opinions with the best resources available. Not come on a board moan and bitch about something you don't like hearing. If you don't like what your hearing here there are plenty of other sites, like boxingscene, that report the kind of bs you seem to like.
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 09:54 AM) *
Word to the wise...if you have any questions, concerns, or any "feminine build-up" that you need to get off of your chest, then by all means, utilize the email or personal message method to voice your concerns. Judging by Mr. UglyPug or whatever the fuck his name is, his logic is questionable at best, and the proof is in the pudding. It's funny how a butt-hurt, clueless little shetland pony, feels the need to voice his opinion in such an ignorant manner.

The SMARTEST thing to do, is open an "inquisitive" thread that slowly turns into a bash thread (sarcasm). He was even smarter for posting it on the website that he's questioning. If guys aren't upset with the "big fight" happening, then they go to Plan B and point the finger at the site, that they feel is "pro Mayweather".

Truthfully, this "big fight" mess has truly brought the estrogen out of some "manly men" in this small world that we live in, and has also brought the cowardly ignorance out of others (racist comments, personal threats, etc).

So from now on, if you have ANY comments, please email them to us along with the rest of the pissing and moaning about the site, the writers, fighters, etc. so it can be posted on the front page mailbags. This way, the world will have the great pleasure of viewing your idiocy and prove how the speed of stupidity travels (which is lightning fast), and we will also know you by name.

Nobody around here cares what you think or say about the fighters, but when the writers' name(s) are brought up as another outlet for you to get shit off of your chest and out of your mouth, then that's another issue. Threads like this are utterly stupid and really makes me want to request my time back...the time that wasted reading it. Wow, I hope I can actually go out and face the world again.

Again, NOBODY cares what you write about the fighters, but when the staff of the site's name(s) are brought up, or their work has been shitted on because you hate a fighter SO much, then that'a a problem...and people should REALLY get their emotions in check.

Well said C

/thread

Unless we want to talk about bacon, or maybe the rain today in Texas ITT? wink.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (DubC @ Jan 24 2012, 07:27 PM) *
Well said C

/thread

Unless we want to talk about bacon, or maybe the rain today in Texas ITT? wink.gif

Shut up Dub! laugh.gif
UglyPug
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 10:54 AM) *

lol. . . typical female like drama loving, jersey shore watching noob. . . based on your post, i believe YOU are the one with the estrogen leakage from your vagina. . . you are the type who knows nothing of boxing outside of manny and floyd. . . did i hit a sensitive spot there lil fella?

hahaha. . poor, POOR LIL BUGGER!!!
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 07:05 PM) *
Shut up Dub! laugh.gif

But everyone likes bacon! laugh.gif

A thread about bacon would have been MUCH more worth my time than reading the OP
Cshel86
QUOTE (UglyPug @ Jan 24 2012, 09:27 PM) *
lol. . . typical female like drama loving, jersey shore watching noob. . . based on your post, i believe YOU are the one with the estrogen leakage from your vagina. . . you are the type who knows nothing of boxing outside of manny and floyd. . . did i hit a sensitive spot there lil fella?

hahaha. . poor, POOR LIL BUGGER!!!

Obviously the message went out to you, space cadet. What the hell is this crap that you posted, and deemed legible? I might be able to overlook your inablilty to communicate in the English language, if you were educated in a foreign country. Sadly, that isn't the case. If that is the case, then bless your little heart for stepping out on a limb (a flimsy one) and giving it your best shot.

I think I missed a course or two on entertaining jackasses, and I beg you not to challenge me tonight...I'm not mentally equipped to deal with your shortcomings this evening. I meant what I said about motherfuckers like you venting and gossiping about shit that you have no control over. Now Mr. ButtPlug, or whatever the fuck your name is, if you're too wet between the legs to understand that, then I will gladly show your dusty ass the door with no hesitiation. Do you have a problem with that?
DubC
No banning or deleting Cshel, don't you even think about it!!! I want to watch this shit play out fuck.gif

Pug. Your up....Watcha got?!

:popcorn:
Cshel86
drag.gif

ButtPlug better show up fast before I change my mind...
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 10:05 PM) *
drag.gif

ButtPlug better show up fast before I change my mind...

Just let it ride, its good for a laugh...Now we only need Allmenjoimytits to get active ITT
Cshel86
Hey Dub...that little bell end never showed his face...what gives dntknw.gif
UglyPug
haha this site is pathetic . . . wannabe boxingscene. . . bunch of noobs talking about manny and floyd. . smh. . .
Cshel86
QUOTE (UglyPug @ Feb 12 2012, 05:47 AM) *
haha this site is pathetic . . . wannabe boxingscene. . . bunch of noobs talking about manny and floyd. . smh. . .

laugh.gif

Your insignificance is overwhelming!
jrosales13
lol
UglyPug
QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 12 2012, 02:05 PM) *
lol

ROSALES?! Haha. . .

I give hte mods props for not banning me and allowing my posts to show up. . . THey could be George Bushing my comments. . .
Cshel86
QUOTE (UglyPug @ Feb 15 2012, 07:12 AM) *
ROSALES?! Haha. . .

I give hte mods props for not banning me and allowing my posts to show up. . . THey could be George Bushing my comments. . .

Your idiocy gets me through the day, to say the least. Nah, Im just kidding...you're just a laughing stock, at best. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.