Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts on the French-Cameroonian Hassan N'Dam?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
UglyPug
I believe his full name is Hassan N'dam N'jikam. . . I REALLY LOVE this guy's style. . . very fleet of hand and foot, high punch-output, fights off the backfoot, everything off the jab. . . very good power; not great, but good. Chin, stamina, heart punch resistance all appear to be just fine.

I watched his fight against Avtandil Khurtsidze, who is the prototypical inside fighter. . . Tight guard, awkward head movement to weave his way inside. . turns hooks over very fast due to short arms. . And since he's only like 5'5'' he has a VERY small range to target. . . It was the epitome of an "outside fighter vs. inside fighter." I thought it was close, but N'dam did enough to win along the lines of 115-113. . . STRONGLY encourage anybody that hasn't seen the fight to watch it - full fight is on youtube. . .

Then saw his fight against the tough journeyman Giovanni Lorenzo. . . He got knocked down, but won the fight on my card by 116-111. . . Didn't look as good as he should have. . .

I really think he is among the best MW's in the world, and I think he would pick Golovkin apart. . . I know the popular opinion is that he is avoiding Golovkin, but I believe it's actually quite the contrary. . . I also think he has the style, and speed to beat Martinez. . .

THOUGHS?

UglyPug
come on my fistic colleagues!

there are other fighters to discuss aside from pac, floyd, cotto, martinez. . . and other "HBO", or "american" fighters. . boxing is an international sport; especially these days. . . a TRUE INTERNATIONAL sport, which is why it is my favorite sport. . my beloved boxing! a gentleman's sport for the learned, worldly, and cultured folk. . .
Cheesey1
Thanks, I'll check it out. Can't do it now 'cause I'm watching Ghana vs. Botswana. Come on Black Stars!!! That Zambia victory over Senegal was quite the upset. Great tournament so far.

There are a few African boxers who aren't doing too badly nowadays.

Interesting comment that you've made re. boxing being a cultured sport. I actually agree, it can be very noble, but I think that the perception over here seems to be that it's inherently corrupt. While there's definitely corruption in the sport (for example, sounds like bog skank...) I still consider it a noble sport.
UglyPug
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 24 2012, 11:18 AM) *
Thanks, I'll check it out. Can't do it now 'cause I'm watching Ghana vs. Botswana. Come on Black Stars!!! That Zambia victory over Senegal was quite the upset. Great tournament so far.

There are a few African boxers who aren't doing too badly nowadays.

Interesting comment that you've made re. boxing being a cultured sport. I actually agree, it can be very noble, but I think that the perception over here seems to be that it's inherently corrupt. While there's definitely corruption in the sport (for example, sounds like bog skank...) I still consider it a noble sport.

Africa does have some very solid fighters, it's just that the promotional outlets are weak when compared to the international market. . . it's harder for a lot of those guys to get noticed by the powerhouse promotors in USA and Europe. . . Ghana, in particular, is a boxing "hotspot" in Africa. . . South Africa and Zambia are also good boxing countries in Africa. . .

It's a shame nobody on hear really knows about the depth of boxers. . . and they only know the fighters fed to them by mainstream networks. . .
UglyPug
lol. . . i made a thread asking why the writers on here are so pro-floyd, and i get 4 pages of responses, including a DOOZY of a female-like four paragraph post. . .

i want to discuss one of the more unknown, underrated and under-appreciated fighters, ONE RESPONSE! lol, like i said, this isn't a boxing website for hardcore fans like i was hoping for. . . it's a place to hate on manny, gargle floyd's testicle yogurt, and absolutely engage in NO MEANINGFUL boxing talk whatsoever. . .

Cheesey1
Being presumptuous, pretentious and disingenuous is nothing new and why I even bothered responding to your post boggles, but the fact that I'm on here at almost 6 in the morning shows that I might need to get a life.
Re. the boxing knowledge of readers that post in the community forums on FightHype, I would think that a person that claims to be as astute as you are would take a look at all of the topics that have been posted in the forums before judging a whole community based on the lack of responses to a post about an up and coming French-Cameroonian boxer and the number of responses to an obviously provocative topic. It isn't as if you had posted about Azumah Nelson, or Ike Quartey, or even Jospeh Agbeko etc. The posters on this forum actually discuss many lesser known boxers, albeit they're usually American, or Mexican, but they are lesser known guys that I'm willing to bet that you might not know. Internationally speaking, the more prominent European boxers are discussed in these forums e.g. Carl Froch, Tyson Fury, Kell Brook, Arthur Abraham etc.
Re. the objectivity of the writers themselves, the many boxers that they have interviewed would soundly disagree with you. Criticisms like yours are beyond tired.
Simply because they won't toe the Manny Pacquiao/Top Rank line they're called "biased." Who's being biased now? Two words...spare me.
Anyway whatever, it's probably better for you to stick to whichever "real" boxing sites that you go to and hopefully your most recent comment gets you banned.

P.S. Ghana's historically been a boxing powerhouse and will probably continue to be one, but South Africa seems to be producing some decent talent too, but you probably knew that already, didn't you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.