Pages: 1, 2
Cshel86
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Jan 24 2012, 03:27 PM) *
More interesting info. Keep it coming.

Give me a second...I gotta find that nice little red button of mine cool.gif
Cshel86
There it goes...done.
BoxingStill#1
i woke up this morning oh lets say ....8, or 10 oclock... never mind the time, anyway guys thats not my official alrm clock setting.

i know the half are like "damn, why so late box?"... welp..its kinda a funny story. I havent worked since early Nov,..or was it DEC?.. idk.. thats not my official lay off date just an estimate..

afterwards I had a nice begal....mmmmmm... was good, but I was torn between that or an egg and toast... Damn,.. i had both.. I couldnt officially decide what it really was I wanted..

now with a full tummy I took a shower,..oh wait,.. was it a bath?....

(yall get where the fuck Im going with this right?)
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 24 2012, 04:09 PM) *
but I was torn between that or an egg and toast... Damn,.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 04:28 PM) *
Move along, there's enough stupidity going on in this thread...your unbearable contribution would be an overload. Move along...

fuck.gif
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 04:11 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

i know right

i just dont understand why we keep hyping a fight that has about 10,..15,...fuck it, ill say 25% of happening..

(dont worry folkes that wasnt official)

and then to add mythical numbers just to compare two fighters???...

how about we merge this thread or rename it 'ALL TIME NUMBERS IN COMPARISON'..?

now thats something ill enjoy reading...

then wouldnt really fucking matter what is official and what isnt..

on that folkes,.. half of us on here dont buy the PPV anyways.. we stream shit.

1 million PPV buys to a fighter is almost like going platinum as a Rapper

bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 24 2012, 05:22 PM) *
i know right

i just dont understand why we keep hyping a fight that has about 10,..15,...fuck it, ill say 25% of happening..

+ FUCK'N 1, Box!!!!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 24 2012, 04:22 PM) *
i know right

laugh.gif
Exactly! We can merge it, no problem. Just go ahead and start another one up, so I can merge it. Better yet, we can keep this one where it is, and start one with the us getting straight to the point. UNLESS, yall want to keep this also. It's up to yall...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 24 2012, 04:15 PM) *
fuck.gif

Thanks for your contribution...such as it was.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 05:24 PM) *
laugh.gif
Exactly! We can merge it, no problem. Just go ahead and start another one up, so I can merge it. Better yet, we can keep this one where it is, and start one with the us getting straight to the point. UNLESS, yall want to keep this also. It's up to yall...

I'm fine with merging, or not. Whatever you decide is fine, the numbers don't lie.
Cheesey1
Also, I forget who brought it up, but someone said that the Mayweather/Ortiz numbers were estimated at 750k before the official numbers were released. That 750k was never taken seriously by anybody apart from those that wanted to see Floyd fail. You don't have to believe me, just check to see where those estimates started.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Jan 24 2012, 03:28 PM) *
Why does Pac do better at the gate than Floyd?

Floyd hasn't sold out a fight since Hatton.

I'm willing to listen and learn. Please show me when they fought in the same venue and what their respective gates were. You can't really compare gate unless the venue and tickets being sold are the same. I'll wait for your response.
Cheesey1
Extant, did you find the numbers that I very nicely asked you to post? Please do so. Thanks bud.
BoxingEinstein

I will pay any of Bob Arum's employees 5K to slip poison in his country coffee. Fucking bitch!
Cshel86
Oh yeah guys, I forgot to mention...the molester aka johnnyblaze is gone laugh.gif
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 02:12 PM) *
This has nothing to do with you...move outta the way...

LOL
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 04:37 PM) *
There it goes...done.

laugh.gif

MaxPayne
I mean, I think overall it's pretty even.

There are both opportunistic and circumstantial factors here.

Floyd was at the right place at the right time when he fought DLH and Hatton:

DLH was fighting at a weight he had no problems reaching and on his terms, in a mega event, i.e. people thought he had a real shot at beating Floyd.

Hatton was undefeated and was brutalizing the people he beat, and had a huge fan base behind him.

Manny did respectable numbers with both of those guys, but the opportunity was limited given Floyd having fought those guys.

Then again, let's look at circumstantial factors:

Floyd comes out of retirement to fight JMM and does about 1 MM buys.

Pacquiao fights JMM 2 years later, when the latter is aging and has lost a step or 2, and manages to do 1.4 MM.

Pacquiao fights Cotto and Margacheato and comfortably eclipses 1 MM buys each time.

Floyd and Manny do comparable figures against Mosley.

Floyd fights a guy who will be on PPV for the first time in Ortiz and does 1.25 MM.

Whoever both of these guys fights next, they will eclipse 1 MM buys.

That's why I believe that when they do fight (if it ever happens), it should be split 50/50.

Floyd has a case if you count DLH, that he deserves more money. Take that out as a once in a lifetime thing, and you'll find that they're currently the same level of superstar.
mgrover
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 25 2012, 06:46 PM) *

DLH was fighting at a weight he had no problems reaching and on his terms, in a mega event, i.e. people thought he had a real shot at beating Floyd.

Hatton was undefeated and was brutalizing the people he beat, and had a huge fan base behind him.

Manny did respectable numbers with both of those guys, but the opportunity was limited given Floyd having fought those guys.

Pacquiao fights JMM 2 years later, when the latter is aging and has lost a step or 2, and manages to do 1.4 MM.

Pacquiao fights Cotto and Margacheato and comfortably eclipses 1 MM buys each time.

Floyd fights a guy who will be on PPV for the first time in Ortiz and does 1.25 MM.

That's why I believe that when they do fight (if it ever happens), it should be split 50/50.

Floyd has a case if you count DLH, that he deserves more money. Take that out as a once in a lifetime thing, and you'll find that they're currently the same level of superstar.

this post says it all
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 25 2012, 01:46 PM) *

You have great points Max, some I agree with, and some not so much. You're right about Floyd...he was in the right place at the right time for the DLH and Hatton fight. Check this out, he was a FREE AGENT, something that Manny isn't...and he's staring at the biggest fight of his career soon (hopefully) with no free agency, so that shows why he wants a 50/50 split...that helps him recoup some of the money that Arum AND GBP (still) is going to pull out of his ass.

As far as Manny and the DLH & Hatton fights, pretty opportunistic and he did pretty good numbers. Floyd's fight with Hatton could also be considered opportunistic, being the fact that he scooped him up while he was still hot (undefeated).

Pacquiao/Cotto...I give this to Manny, hands down...that fight had "crazy revenue & PPV numbers" written all over it. The Margarito fight was just promoted well, and the numbers were good. Floyd fought Ortiz (who NEVER headlined a PPV and still relatively unknown) and did 1.25M, while Pac needs Floyd's leftovers and guys with names to pull in numbers.

If Floyd were to fight Cotto in May, we would have the chance to see who does big numbers, regardless of the opponent and their current status. I can imagine Floyd would've fought Cotto back in '09 instead of Marquez, but Cotto was still with Arum then, so Im sure Arum would've picked Manny (an in-house cash cow) to fight Miguel (another in-house cash cow) to keep all of his damn money, regardless.

I say that they should shoot for a December bout...leaving both fighters a chance to fight in May and June, just to see who does better numbers. Arum can kill that November shit for Manny, as if Manny didn't fight the biggest fight of his life (DLH) in DECEMBER '08. Mega fights can be made on any month of the year, not just on Arum's schedule. Anybody tired of simpleton Pacquiao not being able to say shit?

Now, when we speak of comparing the Mosley numbers...that's still in the air. From Manny's situation, Im sure THAT PPV didn't do as much as Bob predicted. I saw somebody posted a link from ESPN about the Pac/Mosley numbers hitting 1.3M, but let's be fair and say that those numbers were swept under the rug. 

Floyd came back and fought Manny's leftovers (twice over) and still hit 1M buys. As far as Pac/JMM doing 1.4M, that was just a number that Arum pulled out of his ass and fed to the public. Had it done 1.4M, then Im sure the numbers would've been all over the place and HIGHLY compared to the numbers Manny did with Cotto.

Oh yeah...good points Max! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2012, 12:33 PM) *
Oh yeah guys, I forgot to mention...the molester aka johnnyblaze is gone laugh.gif

Trolling, like crime in general, doesn't pay....
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2012, 02:10 PM) *
Trolling, like crime in general, doesn't pay....

He's probably somewhere spanking his monkey, who cares! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2012, 02:11 PM) *
He's probably somewhere spanking his monkey, who cares! laugh.gif

The sad thing is that he used the name of a very cool superhero (Ghost Rider/Johnny Blaze) and brought great shame upon that name. He also brought shame upon Method Man / Johnny Blaze.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2012, 02:14 PM) *
The sad thing is that he used the name of a very cool superhero (Ghost Rider/Johnny Blaze) and brought great shame upon that name. He also brought shame upon Method Man / Johnny Blaze.

Judging by his posts, he obviously has a hollow head...so he fits one of the descriptions.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Judging by his posts, he obviously has a hollow head...so he fits one of the descriptions.

Ha!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 24 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Denzel Washington's hightest grossing film was Training Day not because it was a great and epic movie, no because Denzel played a great bad good, and that is why mayweather selss, he is a great at being the guy.

laugh.gif

I JUST recognized this BS! See folks, THIS is why I tell people to stay on topic, because of shit like this. Denzel Washington's highest grossing move was NOT Training Day, it was American Gangster. What a dumbass, smh.

And people say Im wrong for giving her shit about her posts, but if stuff like this goes unsaid, then we'd have a delusional genius amongst us. Trust me, we (me and her) would've went back and forth for about 5 pages behind this, but she would've failed to admit that she was wrong.

Gotta love the freedom of research, which most folks in the world fail to exercise for some odd reason.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.