Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Word on the New Stadium???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11616.html

We all know the story here, since the Mayweather fight "fell through", I've certainly heard less and less about this grand 45,000 seat stadium idea that Arum pulled out of his ass.

As I've read articles and read between the lines, I've heard less than nothing significant come from Arum's mouth about actually sitting down and talking to ANYBODY from Floyd's side about the fight happening, so yep, you got it...in actuality, there hasn't been any negotiations.

Back to the topic...what happened to the stadium? NOW, Pacquiao's next fight will either take place at the MGM Grand (no shit), or the Thomas & Mack Center. Wow! (sarcasm) We all waited, listened, and we're still waiting to hear about this imaginary venue...

pimpfighterROQ
Anyone here live in Vegas? Any construction sites near MGM? Or tarpolines? Saying under construction Big Bob's stadium? No? Shit...
Cheesey1
I'd be surprised to see that very valid and objective question anywhere other than on this site and Ringtalk.com. I wonder how it feels to know that you can lie through your teeth and not be questioned and the people that question you get called "biased."
That sort of reminds me of that legendery Eddie Murphy SNL skit, I think it was called "White like Eddie." Damn, must be nice....
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2012, 11:22 AM) *
As I've read articles and read between the lines, I've heard less than nothing significant come from Arum's mouth about actually sitting down and talking to ANYBODY from Floyd's side about the fight happening, so yep, you got it...in actuality, there hasn't been any negotiations.
[/img]

Read an interview on the scene by "The Ultimate PacTard Ronnie N" just a few hours ago where Bobby the Builder mentioned ONCE AGAIN that he doesn't know who to communicate with on Floyds side smh

focus.gif
BoxingStill#1
Welp... Id hate be the one who told ya so..... but there was no stadium folkes..

As I previously mentioned, who (other than Cotto) could remotely fill it anyway???

Which leads to my next point,.. let's just say (and I think this is safe to assume) Floyed was the only person people would pay an arm and a leg to sit in a arena 100 yards away from the action for.... let's just pretend here..

Knowing this, how can you postpone a fight with a stadium that the only fighter that would fill it you are trying to postpone??????

In other words, and for the feeble minded reader, its a simple age old question WHAT CAME FIRST THE EGG OR THE CHICKEN?..hahahaha

First you need the man that can fill the stadium (secure the fight)

THEN you need to secure you venue....

Im not sure how all the business of boxing works but as a fan that works for me.

Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 26 2012, 02:04 PM) *
Knowing this, how can you postpone a fight with a stadium that the only fighter that would fill it you are trying to postpone??????

I admit, I was a feeble-minder reader for a good 30 seconds til I read the next sentence laugh.gif It's been one of those days for me...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2012, 03:23 PM) *
I admit, I was a feeble-minder reader for a good 30 seconds til I read the next sentence laugh.gif It's been one of those days for me...

Haha.. don't mind me man,..that was my lame attempt at trying to sound smart... hahaha
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 26 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Haha.. don't mind me man,..that was my lame attempt at trying to sound smart... hahaha

Hell, I've been on the short bus all day anyway laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.