Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones Jr Calls Out Antonio Tarver... again, bare knuckle champ Bobby Gunn, also says he would like to mediate Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Roy Jones Jr sat down with 8CN to offer Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao his services to mediate negotiations in order to make this fight happen. He would then add a stipulation to leave the two sides promoters home. Roy tells 8CN that he guarantees that if he is offered an opportunity to sit down with just Manny and Floyd in a room, he could represent HBO and he could make this fight happen.

Also, Roy would send a message to the cruiserweight champion Antonio Tarver stating, '' You want a dance partner? Let's do it." Roy tells 8CN that he is ready to go and is more than willing to get back into the ring Vs. Tarver since he (Tarver) has yet to find an opponent.

Lastly, Roy wanted to tell current bare knuckle champ Bobby Gunn that he can get some too. Roy is currently chasing David Haye, and current cruiserweight champ Krzysztof Wlodarczyk but says that if those fall through, Gunn can be next.

Your thoughts...
daprofessor
roy, if ur reading this...please retire. sad.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 26 2012, 08:04 PM) *
roy, if ur reading this...please retire. sad.gif

+1. He has already messed up his legacy. One of the greatest boxer of the 90s.
BigFightFan
Speechless!
Cshel86
Hell, everything else has failed...why not give Roy a chance to sit down and try something. It would be cool, though it may not prove successful. As far as the fights that he's talking up, I wouldn't want to see 'em, but hey, he needs or wants a big check...cant fault him for that.
flazi
for some reason all i can think of is roy telling manny "60 40 and he will kick yo ass, 60 40 and he will kick yo ass" lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 26 2012, 07:43 PM) *
+1. He has already messed up his legacy. One of the greatest boxer of the 90s.

i don't believe he has...but he's definitely sticking around longer than he should have. u can't undo all of his accomplishments. he'll be a first ballot hall of famer without a doubt. but first he has to retire.
pimpfighterROQ
Aw man he's still up and running huh? Almost makes me want to fight him and lose so he can have his one win and retire lol. (if i could).
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 26 2012, 08:59 PM) *
u can't undo all of his accomplishments.

Thank you!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 26 2012, 09:59 PM) *
i don't believe he has...but he's definitely sticking around longer than he should have. u can't undo all of his accomplishments. he'll be a first ballot hall of famer without a doubt. but first he has to retire.

His legacy isn't ruined...not in the least.
DubC
Roy mediating negotiations should be a PPV...I'd buy it
LynnPlumbing
Great post. I've already shared your tips in a couple of other concerning forums . Thanks!
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 26 2012, 09:59 PM) *

So you do not think people will look at what he is doing now? Will that hold any weight? He was a beast in the 90s. My favorite fight was he and James Tony. I just think he is putting a blemish on that awesome record he had in the 90s. People are about the now, historically looking over his career he has accomplished great things, I just worry if he keeps taking L's and bad ones, it may hurt his legacy. Then again maybe people will look at father time being the biggest reason for his performances. Good point overall.
BoxingStill#1
i dont see how Roy would have any negotiating power when it comes to Pac... idk,.. just dont see what he could say that would remotely sway Bob....

he would probably say something like this:.

"This fight would be a spectic,. spatic...specpit..spectococ..spspspsp..spectaulic...spectacular fight!!!!" lmfwao!!!!!!

BrutalBodyShots
Jones is a 500 fighter in his last 12 or 13 fights. Sad stuff. He's at gate keeper status at best now.

mgrover
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 27 2012, 07:59 PM) *
So you do not think people will look at what he is doing now? Will that hold any weight? He was a beast in the 90s. My favorite fight was he and James Tony. I just think he is putting a blemish on that awesome record he had in the 90s. People are about the now, historically looking over his career he has accomplished great things, I just worry if he keeps taking L's and bad ones, it may hurt his legacy. Then again maybe people will look at father time being the biggest reason for his performances. Good point overall.

depends who you ask, some people don't give a fuck about records and more the fights themselves, such as the toney fight, or the hopkins I fight or the ruiz fight. or maybe the manner in which he destroyed his opponents in.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 27 2012, 05:48 PM) *
i dont see how Roy would have any negotiating power when it comes to Pac... idk,.. just dont see what he could say that would remotely sway Bob....

he would probably say something like this:.

"This fight would be a spectic,. spatic...specpit..spectococ..spspspsp..spectaulic...spectacular fight!!!!" lmfwao!!!!!!

Ha!
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 27 2012, 02:59 PM) *

Nobody really remembers Ali's past prime fights nor Robinson's fights. Hell I can't recall Leonard's past prime fights either. I only think of greatness when I hear these names, but a Frazier, Lamotta, Hagler, and in Jones case Toney/Bhop fans will remember these past prime fights with a passion. lol
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Jan 29 2012, 12:10 PM) *
Nobody really remembers Ali's past prime fights nor Robinson's fights. Hell I can't recall Leonard's past prime fights either. I only think of greatness when I hear these names, but a Frazier, Lamotta, Hagler, and in Jones case Toney/Bhop fans will remember these past prime fights with a passion. lol

Good point. I don't even watch Roy Jones anymore. It is painful. It was like watching Pactrick Ewings last years, his knees and how he struggled getting up and down the court. Or worse, Tyson last fights were painful too. Good point. Funny Sig...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.